Official SVS Owners/Support Thread. - Page 773 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 44950Likes

post #23161 of 31948 Old 02-16-2016, 11:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by donktard View Post
Hey guys. I have 4000 cubic feet room. Music:movies is 50:50, however i prefer my couch to violently shake during movies
Will two SB13 Ultras do the job? Preferably, one or both of them will be near couch unless I find that location suboptimal (pun intended )
I would usually get PB13 ultras but I have some space constraints. So its either SB13 or PC13. Also, I've read something about port chuffing of PC13 model. Is it really noticable and annoying? Does it have to do anything with sub placement?

Two SB13s will violently shake your couch if they are placed nearfield. I sit about 12' from mine and they have no trouble at all.

-Eli
cchunter likes this.

AV Nut
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #23162 of 31948 Old 02-16-2016, 12:28 PM
AVS ***** Member

Mentioned: 356 Post(s)
Quoted: 5560 Post(s)
Liked: 10796
I am going to go against the majority on this one, and say that I think there is a fairly significant difference between the Plus and the Ultra. That doesn't mean I am right, just that different rooms can create different experiences. I have a 6000cu ft room. I had three Pluses (1 PB and 2 PC's) that I was running at about +9 or +10 at a MV of about -14, with a 16Hz port tune, and they were obviously (audibly) laboring. I wanted a little more bass than I was getting, and I didn't like to hear them strain. So, I upgraded to three Ultras (still 1 PB and 2 PC's) and am currently running them at about +14 (don't ask ), with the same port tune and in the same locations, and I haven't been able to make them strain at all.

Prior to going from the Pluses to the Ultras, I would have said that there isn't that much practical difference between them, but there certainly is in my specific case. It's just harder to make the Ultras sound bad, and I am getting more than the nominal 3db of output, per sub, that I expected from the upgrade. Something else to remember is that if you are buying a pair of subs, 3db of output per sub, translates into 6db more for the pair. Even if you only get the expected 3db difference, that is still a perceived volume gain of 60% for the pair, at or near their limits. That's a lot!

Regards,
Mike

GUIDE TO SUBWOOFER CALIBRATION AND BASS PREFERENCES

* The Guide linked above is a comprehensive guide to Audio & HT systems, including:
Speaker placements & Room treatments; HT calibration & Room EQ; Room gain; Bass
Preferences; Subwoofer Buyer's Guide: Sealed/ported; ID subs; Subwoofer placement.
post #23163 of 31948 Old 02-16-2016, 12:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1086 Post(s)
Liked: 519
Well folks after all your help I pulled the trigger on two sb13 ultras. I have a 2700 cu ft totally sealed room. I have a dedicated room so placement will be easy. I have rew and my mic and know mostly how to use it.

For my last sub, a ported model the front corner was the best placement. I am thinking with the sealed subs I can flank my center channel. This I am hoping will give me my best location.

This hopefully will get me close to reference level.

I ordered them last Friday and live in Ohio. I was hoping to get them by now. I am going crazy waiting.
lflorack, cchunter and retro124 like this.

JVC RS4810 projector Stewart Cima 115" 2.35 screen, ATI 523 and 528 amps
7 mirror imaged 2 way DIY monitors. All matched to within 1db. All parts matched, 1 SVS SB16 ultra subwoofer
Emotiva XMC-1 processor Marantz UD5007 Bluray player
Furman sequencer ran off of a double 50amp breaker,Furman power conditioner
All in a dedicated 15x22x8 foot dedicated home theater.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #23164 of 31948 Old 02-16-2016, 12:51 PM
AVS ***** Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhale64L7 View Post
Well folks after all your help I pulled the trigger on two sb13 ultras. I have a 2700 cu ft totally sealed room. I have a dedicated room so placement will be easy. I have rew and my mic and know mostly how to use it.

For my last sub, a ported model the front corner was the best placement. I am thinking with the sealed subs I can flank my center channel. This I am hoping will give me my best location.

I ordered them last Friday and live in Ohio. I was hoping to get them by now. I am going crazy waiting.
Congratulations!

This made me laugh! We are all alike when we buy a new AVR, or speakers, or a sub. I want it now!

* The Guide linked above is a comprehensive guide to Audio & HT systems, including:
Preferences; Subwoofer Buyer's Guide: Sealed/ported; ID subs; Subwoofer placement.
post #23165 of 31948 Old 02-16-2016, 01:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhale64L7 View Post

Pics and impressions after you get them!

-Eli

AV Nut
post #23166 of 31948 Old 02-16-2016, 01:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I am glad I have grown up. I used to be worse when I was younger. Lol

I will never forget when I ordered my first real system. I was in the military and ordered out of the aafes catalog. My spkrs were backorder. I had to wait 6 months, at least it felt that way. It was actually a 6 week wait. But that was horrible. No man of 19 should have to wait that long for something so dear.
stikle and mthomas47 like this.

7 mirror imaged 2 way DIY monitors. All matched to within 1db. All parts matched, 1 SVS SB16 ultra subwoofer
post #23167 of 31948 Old 02-16-2016, 01:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Quoted: 1996 Post(s)
Liked: 2721
Quote:
Originally Posted by mthomas47 View Post
I am going to go against the majority on this one, and say that I think there is a fairly significant difference between the Plus and the Ultra. That doesn't mean I am right, just that different rooms can create different experiences. I have a 6000cu ft room. I had three Pluses (1 PB and 2 PC's) that I was running at about +9 or +10 at a MV of about -14, with a 16Hz port tune, and they were obviously (audibly) laboring. I wanted a little more bass than I was getting, and I didn't like to hear them strain. So, I upgraded to three Ultras (still 1 PB and 2 PC's) and am currently running them at about +14 (don't ask ), with the same port tune and in the same locations, and I haven't been able to make them strain at all.

Prior to going from the Pluses to the Ultras, I would have said that there isn't that much practical difference between them, but there certainly is in my specific case. It's just harder to make the Ultras sound bad, and I am getting more than the nominal 3db of output, per sub, that I expected from the upgrade. Something else to remember is that if you are buying a pair of subs, 3db of output per sub, translates into 6db more for the pair. Even if you only get the expected 3db difference, that is still a perceived volume gain of 60% for the pair, at or near their limits. That's a lot!

Regards,
Mike
Interesting read Mike...sounds like you do like your bass and push them a little hard...now you've given me more food for thought!

Epson: 5040UB | Elite: 115" Fixed Frame CinemaScope (2.35:1) | Onkyo: TX-RZ920 + M-5010 (7.2.4) | Klipsch: RF-7 II's, RC-64 II, RS-62 II, RB-61 II MICCA: M-8C (Atmos) x 6 | SVS: PB16-Ultra x 2 | Philips: BDP7501, Panasonic: DMP UB900, Oppo: UDP-203
post #23168 of 31948 Old 02-16-2016, 01:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJEli View Post
Pics and impressions after you get them!

-Eli
Sure will.

post #23169 of 31948 Old 02-16-2016, 01:26 PM
AVS ***** Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by donktard View Post
Nice. Well, I listen about the same...from -12 to reference. Can you tell me are feet of PC13 height adjustable? I have a slightly uneven floor and I know it will just run across if I push it too hard. My current puny sub does

The feet are not adjustable. I use the feet with my PB, but with the PC's, I like to use the Auralex SubDude.
It's a perfect fit and works extremely well. Your sub won't move on one of those.

http://www.amazon.com/Auralex-Acoust.../dp/B00DI5AXNI
donktard likes this.

post #23170 of 31948 Old 02-16-2016, 01:27 PM

Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 57
As a follow on question regarding the PB12-Plus, do most people go with the standard 20Hz tuning (All Ports Open)? Is the 16Hz tuning (2 Ports Open) better for Home Theater viewing? What will achieve the most "Feel-able", ok I made that word up, result? I suppose I could answer this myself when my new sub arrives and some experimentation. But I thought I would collect some thoughts and opinions ahead of time.

I am going to give the PB12-Plus a try, as an upgrade from an old ED A3-300, and see how much better it sounds as an upgrade from that. If I am not happy I may try and go for the PB13-Ultra. How long do I have to decide if I want an upgrade?
post #23171 of 31948 Old 02-16-2016, 01:34 PM
AVS ***** Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gene4ht View Post
Interesting read Mike...sounds like you do like your bass and push them a little hard...now you've given me more food for thought!
Hi Gene,

I do enjoy the extra bass, particularly for action movies, although I don't use DEQ. Unless you were really pushing your subs near their limits, the overbuilt Ultra might not make any difference at all. I think that your idea of 4 PB-2000's would be pretty hard to beat from an overall sound standpoint. I know that this idea is controversial, depending on who you talk to, but I really like the idea of bass envelopment. Four subs might be very cool, particularly if you were able to spread them out in a Harmon configuration.

Regards,
Mike

post #23172 of 31948 Old 02-16-2016, 01:47 PM
AVS ***** Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crypter View Post
As a follow on question regarding the PB12-Plus, do most people go with the standard 20Hz tuning (All Ports Open)? Is the 16Hz tuning (2 Ports Open) better for Home Theater viewing? What will achieve the most "Feel-able", ok I made that word up, result? I suppose I could answer this myself when my new sub arrives and some experimentation. But I thought I would collect some thoughts and opinions ahead of time.

I am going to give the PB12-Plus a try, as an upgrade from an old ED A3-300, and see how much better it sounds as an upgrade from that. If I am not happy I may try and go for the PB13-Ultra. How long do I have to decide if I want an upgrade?

Hi,

I will start things off by saying that I like the 16hz port tune, although I noticed that several others prefer 20Hz. 20hz would give you a little more output, and 16hz gives me a little more infrasonic feel. I think that there are two different kinds of tactile bass. First, there is the chest punch, or slam, or however people describe it. That is a very direct impact, or tangible pressure, and is from bass in the 50 to 80, or 100Hz range--what most people would call mid-bass. Then there is the infrasonic bass, from below about 20hz, that has an entirely different kind of sensation, and one that I can't easily describe. It's more like a sound that you can't quite hear, but that somehow registers on your consciousness anyway. I think it's pretty cool. FWIW, there is quite a lot of infrasonic content in many modern movies.

You have 45 days to swap subs, but SVS is pretty good about extending that by a week or so. Have fun experimenting!

Regards,
Mike
Crypter likes this.

post #23173 of 31948 Old 02-16-2016, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Hi,

I will start things off by saying that I like the 16hz port tune, although I noticed that several others prefer 20Hz. 20hz would give you a little more output, and 16hz gives me a little more infrasonic feel. I think that there are two different kinds of tactile bass. First, there is the chest punch, or slam, or however people describe it. That is a very direct impact, or tangible pressure, and is from bass in the 50 to 80, or 100Hz range--what most people would call mid-bass. Then there is the infrasonic bass, from below about 20hz, that has an entirely different kind of sensation, and one that I can't easily describe. It's more like a sound that you can't quite hear, but that somehow registers on your consciousness anyway. I think it's pretty cool. FWIW, there is quite a lot of infrasonic content in many modern movies.

You have 45 days to swap subs, but SVS is pretty good about extending that by a week or so. Have fun experimenting!

Regards,
Mike

Thanks that is the feedback I was looking for. I don't always listen to my HT at reference levels, but on occasion I do let it loose and I like the bass to hit real hard and loud when it should during action sequences, explosions, etc. The question I have is this, if I go with the 16Hz tuning on those instances where I crank up the system will it adversely affect the sound quality coming from the Sub. MY current A3-300, which is pretty good too, bottoms out quite a but on some of those loud subsonic scenes from some movies and the noises coming from the sub cabinet can sometimes ruin the moment, you know?
post #23174 of 31948 Old 02-16-2016, 02:07 PM
AVS ***** Member

Quote:
Thanks that is the feedback I was looking for. I don't always listen to my HT at reference levels, but on occasion I do let it loose and I like the bass to hit real hard and loud when it should during action sequences, explosions, etc. The question I have is this, if I go with the 16Hz tuning on those instances where I crank up the system will it adversely affect the sound quality coming from the Sub. MY current A3-300, which is pretty good too, bottoms out quite a but on some of those loud subsonic scenes from some movies and the noises coming from the sub cabinet can sometimes ruin the moment, you know?

You are very welcome! I really can't answer your question about whether the 16Hz mode will adversely affect your sound quality. So much depends on the room, the specific location of the sub, and even on how hard you push it. I think it is sort of a balancing act to decide where you want to have the bass. The most tangible impact is probably higher than most people think--above 40hz, anyway. The more you ask your sub to go both very low, and very loud, the more it may bottom out trying to achieve the SPL you want it to. If that happens, that is where a more powerful sub, or a pair of subs, may come in.

Most of us want to have our cake and eat it too: low and loud bass. But that can get a little expensive. You will just have to experiment to find out how things work best for you. Once you have your sub set-up, there may be some advice that others can give you on maximizing performance, and of course, starting with good placement is very important.
Crypter likes this.

Last edited by mthomas47; 02-16-2016 at 02:31 PM.
post #23175 of 31948 Old 02-16-2016, 03:42 PM

Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 46
I am integrating a second PB-2000 this afternoon into my system. Both PB-2000s will flank my golden ear XXL center and Triton 5s the outside of the subs.I obviously have to rerun Audassy XT32. But my question is do I set the phase control is 0 on both subs or set phase to 0 on the left sub and 180 on the right sub?
post #23176 of 31948 Old 02-16-2016, 03:49 PM
AVS ***** Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler webb View Post
I am integrating a second PB-2000 this afternoon into my system. Both PB-2000s will flank my golden ear XXL center and Triton 5s the outside of the subs.I obviously have to rerun Audassy XT32. But my question is do I set the phase control is 0 on both subs or set phase to 0 on the left sub and 180 on the right sub?

As long as you have SubEQ, with two separate inputs, you might as well let it do the work. Just set them both to 0.

post #23177 of 31948 Old 02-16-2016, 03:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1012 Post(s)
Liked: 561
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJEli View Post
Two SB13s will violently shake your couch if they are placed nearfield. I sit about 12' from mine and they have no trouble at all.

-Eli
Hmm, I suppose I should first find best positions with my current sub, because SB13s I would put near couch and PC13s somewhere else since at couch position they would block surrounds which are on floor stands.
post #23178 of 31948 Old 02-16-2016, 03:57 PM

Quote:
As long as you have SubEQ, with two separate inputs, you might as well let it do the work. Just set them both to 0.
Thanks. Yes it is a Marantz SR7010 with two sub inputs. So after running Audassy again everything should work properly.
mthomas47 likes this.
post #23179 of 31948 Old 02-16-2016, 05:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1656 Post(s)
Liked: 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler webb View Post
Thanks. Yes it is a Marantz SR7010 with two sub inputs. So after running Audassy again everything should work properly.
Yes, you have Audyssey XT32-pro, so it should independently calibrated each subwoofer instead of treating them both as one, as Audyssey XT or below would.

Check your manual to make sure it has SubEQ feature. From Audyssey FAQs:

https://audyssey.zendesk.com/entries...vs-MultEQ-XT32

MultEQ XT32 is the flagship version of our technology to measure and correct room acoustical problems. Sub EQ HT is a method we came up with to deal with multiple subs. If you only have one sub then it's not in use. The idea is to first measure each sub separately, then apply delay and level settings so that the two subs are now time and level aligned. Then we ping them once more as "one" sub to derive the room correction filter.
post #23180 of 31948 Old 02-16-2016, 05:43 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 323 Post(s)
Liked: 229
Quote:

Regards,
Mike

Hey Mike

U mean u run then +14 added to audyssey setting ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #23181 of 31948 Old 02-16-2016, 06:01 PM
AVS ***** Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by januza View Post
Hey Mike

U mean u run then +14 added to audyssey setting ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi,

Yes that's right. I have read that with a 5.1 system, about 6db are devoted to just providing bass support for the 5 satellite speakers with 80Hz crossovers. The rest of the sub(s) output is devoted to the LFE channel. With 7 channels, about 2 more db are employed for the satellites, for a total of about 8db.

Most people find Audyssey pretty conservative in its sub settings, so users typically add at least 3 to 6db post-calibration. Based on my long reading of the Audyssey thread, I would say that 6db is probably a little closer to average. Since I have a 7.1 system, I would probably need about +8db, anyway. But DEQ adds anywhere from about 3 to 5db (depending on MV) on top of everything else. I don't care for DEQ anymore, but I do like a lot of LFE, so I end up at about +14db. It's not quite as nutty as it sounds. (Not quite. )

Regards,
Mike

post #23182 of 31948 Old 02-16-2016, 06:16 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Hi,

Yes that's right. I have read that with a 5.1 system, about 6db are devoted to just providing bass support for the 5 satellite speakers with 80Hz crossovers. The rest of the sub(s) output is devoted to the LFE channel. With 7 channels, about 2 more db are employed for the satellites, for a total of about 8db.

Most people find Audyssey pretty conservative in its sub settings, so users typically add at least 3 to 6db post-calibration. Based on my long reading of the Audyssey thread, I would say that 6db is probably a little closer to average. Since I have a 7.1 system, I would probably need about +8db, anyway. But DEQ adds anywhere from about 3 to 5db (depending on MV) on top of everything else. I don't care for DEQ anymore, but I do like a lot of LFE, so I end up at about +14db. It's not quite as nutty as it sounds. (Not quite. )

Regards,
Mike
Hi Mike

very interesting, I thought I was the only bass head at your level/ I have 2 PB13U and I run them +12 after audyssey... hahaha but im happy i am not the only one. I have heard many say that max 3-5db aftre audussey is the limit but honestly I cant get enough bass.. I am now thinking of getting another PB13U just to up my room a bit.. im using both audyssey and antimode to calibrate.
mthomas47 likes this.
post #23183 of 31948 Old 02-16-2016, 06:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 1427 Post(s)
Liked: 1154
Quote:

That is nice to hear you will give it a try. You have 45 days to play with it. I have 2 PC12-Pluses in small room and 16hz is the best for my room now. If you have medium size room I will try both and set up to your like I guess it will be 16hz. For large rooms 20hz is way to go. I don't see any reason why Plus sub will not keep you smile. Ultra is better sub then Plus no question but really not sure if $600 better and if you feel like you missing some I will add brother to your Plus and those twins will do trick + all benefits of dual subs with right set up.

Denon X6200W
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RB-81II's, RS-62II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses, Emotiva XPA-200
Sony XBR65X930E , Oppo 203
Apple 4K TV, Mac mini, Sony UBP-X800, PS3
post #23184 of 31948 Old 02-16-2016, 06:40 PM
AVS ***** Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by januza View Post
Hi Mike

very interesting, I thought I was the only bass head at your level/ I have 2 PB13U and I run them +12 after audyssey... hahaha but im happy i am not the only one. I have heard many say that max 3-5db aftre audussey is the limit but honestly I cant get enough bass.. I am now thinking of getting another PB13U just to up my room a bit.. im using both audyssey and antimode to calibrate.

Welcome to the party! 3 PB Ultras sounds like a seriously good idea. There are actually a couple of other guys I know on the Audyssey thread who are running at about +12, or so. I got the idea from them. But one thing we have in common is that we aren't using DEQ, because as noted earlier, that provides its own bass boost.

post #23185 of 31948 Old 02-16-2016, 09:14 PM

Dual PB-2000s are a game changer for me! Amazing the difference! Now I just need two more for the back of my room!
mthomas47 and januza like this.
post #23186 of 31948 Old 02-16-2016, 09:19 PM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 25
With all this talk of the pub-2000's , I'm getting an itchy trigger finger to buy two myself. Thankfully someone bought one on the outlet sale.... Still one up there but it needs to be duals
januza likes this.
post #23187 of 31948 Old 02-16-2016, 09:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by movies2090 View Post
With all this talk of the pub-2000's , I'm getting an itchy trigger finger to buy two myself. Thankfully someone bought one on the outlet sale.... Still one up there but it needs to be duals
Go for it..im sure you wont regret it !!
post #23188 of 31948 Old 02-17-2016, 12:11 AM
Eyes and Ears Thriller

Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by gene4ht View Post
Hi Seth...you and I (and a few others here) are running dual PB-2000's and you're right...they sound "phenomenally" good and contribute significantly to the excellent sound stage. But there is someone in these threads who is running four PB-2000's...just can't remember who. I'm asking because it's in the back of my mind to try quads. I like the 2K's SQ so much that I think I would even prefer quad 2K's ...believe it or not...over dual PB13U's...anyway, just thoughts for now.
I almost added two more PB2Ks to my first two but changed my mind. I'm so so glad I did. I did a little research and almost went with two PC13s, but after talking with SVS for advice, instead, I added dual PC12 Pluses to my dual PBs. The low-end both heard and unheard is absolutely phenomenal now. My wife was speechless and now pesters me about watching movies. SVS felt the dual PC13s would be overkill in my 22x15 space and recommended the PC12+s (imagine that... downsell advice coming from the company). I was thoroughly impressed by that level of refreshing service. Now I have my PBs up front and the PCs behind the theater seats. These are real butt kickers, rumblers, shakers, vibrators and everything else. So, in my opinion, quads definitely rule and fill the space with clean and impactful bass. And the dual PB2K/dual PC12+ combo is a winning combination that will definitely have yours and everyone else's jaws in their laps as they behold the ultimate bass experience.
gene4ht and retro124 like this.

AVR: Denon AVR-X7200WA | 4K: Oppo UDP-203 | Media: Ryzen 1800X 32GB DDR4 HCPC, Synology DS3615xs 172TB | Gaming: PS4 Pro/PSVR 10TB, PS3 | Speakers: Polk LSiM: 1x706c, 2x707, 4x900LS, 4x702F/X | Subs: 2xSVS PB4000, 2xSVS PC12+, 5xButtkicker BK-LFE | Vid: Sony VPL-VW885ES | Amp: Emotiva XPA7 Gen 3, Parasound 2125, 2xQSC GX3 | Power: 3xFurman Elite 20 PFi | UPS: APC SMT3000, 2xSMT2200 | Screen/Misc: 138" 2.35:1 Stewart CIMA Neve, Harmony Elite
post #23189 of 31948 Old 02-17-2016, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
That is nice to hear you will give it a try. You have 45 days to play with it. I have 2 PC12-Pluses in small room and 16hz is the best for my room now. If you have medium size room I will try both and set up to your like I guess it will be 16hz. For large rooms 20hz is way to go. I don't see any reason why Plus sub will not keep you smile. Ultra is better sub then Plus no question but really not sure if $600 better and if you feel like you missing some I will add brother to your Plus and those twins will do trick + all benefits of dual subs with right set up.
Quote:
You are very welcome! I really can't answer your question about whether the 16Hz mode will adversely affect your sound quality. So much depends on the room, the specific location of the sub, and even on how hard you push it. I think it is sort of a balancing act to decide where you want to have the bass. The most tangible impact is probably higher than most people think--above 40hz, anyway. The more you ask your sub to go both very low, and very loud, the more it may bottom out trying to achieve the SPL you want it to. If that happens, that is where a more powerful sub, or a pair of subs, may come in.

Most of us want to have our cake and eat it too: low and loud bass. But that can get a little expensive. You will just have to experiment to find out how things work best for you. Once you have your sub set-up, there may be some advice that others can give you on maximizing performance, and of course, starting with good placement is very important.
Quote:
Hi,

Regards,
Mike
Unfortunately for me, WAF is a BIIIG issue, appearance matters, size matters, and most importantly I cannot have 2 subwoofers in my setup. I showed her the appearance of the Piano Black SVS PB12-Plus and she agreed to it, but I don't think she quite yet realizes the size of that thing. Once I have it in home I think it will be fine, how much bigger is the cabinet on the PB13-Ultra? I want to stick with SVS, that is the main reason I did not go with Rythmik, HSU, PSA, or RA. I have always loved the quality products SVS puts out.

I do think I will be happy with the PB12-Plus, so I am not too worried. I bought it from an SVS authorized retailer, would I have to go through the retailer to upgrade if I decide to do so? Or could I contact SVS directly about that?
rhale64L7 likes this.
post #23190 of 31948 Old 02-17-2016, 07:05 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 3261 Post(s)
Liked: 2571
Quote:
Unfortunately for me, WAF is a BIIIG issue, appearance matters, size matters, and most importantly I cannot have 2 subwoofers in my setup. I showed her the appearance of the Piano Black SVS PB12-Plus and she agreed to it, but I don't think she quite yet realizes the size of that thing. Once I have it in home I think it will be fine, how much bigger is the cabinet on the PB13-Ultra? I want to stick with SVS, that is the main reason I did not go with Rythmik, HSU, PSA, or RA. I have always loved the quality products SVS puts out.

I do think I will be happy with the PB12-Plus, so I am not too worried. I bought it from an SVS authorized retailer, would I have to go through the retailer to upgrade if I decide to do so? Or could I contact SVS directly about that?
Have you considered the cylinders?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Speaker Systems , Svs , svs pb-2000 , Svs Pb1000 10 Inch 300 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Pb12 Nsd Black Vinyl 12 Inch Powered Subwoofer , svs pb12 plus , Svs Pb13 Ultra , svs pc-4000 , Svs Pc12 Nsd 12 Inch 400 Watt Powered Cylinder Subwoofer , Svs Pc12 Ultra , Svs Sb1000 12 Inch 300 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb12 Nsd Charcoal Black Vinyl 12 Inch 400 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb13 Ultra Piano Gloss 13 Inch 1000 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb2000

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page