Official SVS Owners/Support Thread. - Page 935 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 44388Likes

post #28021 of 31279 Old 04-13-2018, 08:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 624 Post(s)
Liked: 1438
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthray View Post

In all my years, dealing with SVS,
While Ed Mullin always provided me, with lots of help

Jack is often forgotten on this thread
He also provided me with lots of help, through out the years
And, I believe to many more too.

Ray
Agreed! Jack is also top class!

Another fantastic CS rep at SVS is Dennis Johnson

A few years ago I had a PB12-NSD and a PB-2000, from seating distance these looked pretty much identical - except my 2012 PB12 had the older style blue SVS badge. This did not sit well with my OCD.I contacted the Australian distributor to see if I could buy one of the newer style black badges and was told they didn't have any. So I contacted SVS directly and asked Dennis if it was possible to buy a Black (or blue) SVS badge just so they would be matching. Without hesitation Dennis offered to send me a couple of new style badges free of charge ( and also with no proof that I even owned an SVS product). They arrived to Australia in under a week. This is perhaps a fairly small gesture, but I was pretty chuffed. Dennis has helped me several other times through the years and has passed some of my questions on to @Ed Mullen for additional input. First class service all the way!

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
TV: Panasonic P65ST60 AVR: Denon 4311ci Speakers: PSA MTM-210C (Centre), PSA MTM-210 (Left & Right), PSA MT-110 (Surrounds) Subwoofers: Dual Seaton SubMersives
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #28022 of 31279 Old 04-13-2018, 09:06 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by gene4ht View Post
Agree with Louis...call customer service. As you have stated..."fantastic customer service!!" This is where SVS excels and there is no better source of expertise and experience!
Followed your advice guys. Customer support says yes, you can connect to both RCA and XLR at once.
Thanks.
gene4ht, darthray and Louis Bartay like this.

The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of low price has passed.
post #28023 of 31279 Old 04-14-2018, 03:08 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked: 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by lag1791 View Post
Maybe a little. I already have a PB4000 so this is replacing it. Or if I can find room it just might be added to it. In the later case those wife undertones will turn into over the top tones.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I upgraded from Dual PC12+'s. I seriously considered Dual PB4000's (or PC4000's), but bit the bullet and went straight to Dual PB16's

While I don't regret my decision in the least bit, I'd be very interested to hear your comparison between the two!

SVS was awesome through the whole Upgrade process, BTW. Couldn't have been easier.
gene4ht and darthray like this.

TCL 55P607, OPPO UDP-203, 4K Fire TV, Marantz 6011, Rotel 1075 (Atmos)
DefTech SM 65 (X7), SVS PB16 Ultra (X2), SVS Prime Elevation (X4)
Headphone rig: PC-> Schiit Wyrd ->Schiit Modi Multibit ->Stax SRM-353X ->THX AAA 789
Headphones: Stax SR-207, Stax SR-L700, M1060, TH-X00 Purpleheart, HD600, HD6XX, etc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #28024 of 31279 Old 04-14-2018, 05:23 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Zuehlke View Post
I upgraded from Dual PC12+'s. I seriously considered Dual PB4000's (or PC4000's), but bit the bullet and went straight to Dual PB16's

While I don't regret my decision in the least bit, I'd be very interested to hear your comparison between the two!

SVS was awesome through the whole Upgrade process, BTW. Couldn't have been easier.
Yeah they make it too easy.

As far as comparisons. If I have time I will do a mini review. I just moved into a brand new house so my time is definitely limited right now.

post #28025 of 31279 Old 04-14-2018, 07:44 AM
AVS ***** Member

Mentioned: 319 Post(s)
Quoted: 5311 Post(s)
Liked: 9870
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthray View Post
Big +1
This Guide is a priceless tool, provided to all of us by mthomas47.
Hundreds of hours were spend to write-it

In all my years, dealing with SVS,
While Ed Mullin always provided me, with lots of help

Jack is often forgotten on this thread
He also provided me with lots of help, through out the years
And, I believe to many more too.

Ray
Thanks, Ray!

Both Ed and Jack have been very helpful to me, as well. I usually rely on Ed as an authoritative source for information, but Jack also knows his stuff. And, Jack helped me recently with a problem with one of my subs. I really appreciated the quick and responsive service. It is sometimes easy to take good customer service for granted, until you deal with a company that doesn't offer it.

Regards,
Mike
gene4ht, darthray and Louis Bartay like this.

GUIDE TO SUBWOOFER CALIBRATION AND BASS PREFERENCES

* The Guide linked above is a comprehensive guide to Audio & HT systems, including:
Speaker placements & Room treatments; HT calibration & Room EQ; Room gain; Bass
Preferences; Subwoofer Buyer's Guide: Sealed/ported; ID subs; Subwoofer placement.
post #28026 of 31279 Old 04-14-2018, 08:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Quoted: 1966 Post(s)
Liked: 2641
Quote:
Originally Posted by mthomas47 View Post
Thanks, Ray!

Both Ed and Jack have been very helpful to me, as well. I usually rely on Ed as an authoritative source for information, but Jack also knows his stuff. And, Jack helped me recently with a problem with one of my subs. I really appreciated the quick and responsive service. It is sometimes easy to take good customer service for granted, until you deal with a company that doesn't offer it.

Regards,
Mike
+1

IMO, the ID sub world reflects this quality with SVS as its Nordstrom. It's a winning combination when product and customer service are equal in quality!
mthomas47 and markmanner like this.

Epson: 5040UB | Elite: 115" Fixed Frame CinemaScope (2.35:1) | Onkyo: TX-RZ920 + M-5010 (7.2.4) | Klipsch: RF-7 II's, RC-64 II, RS-62 II, RB-61 II MICCA: M-8C (Atmos) x 6 | SVS: PB16-Ultra x 2 | Philips: BDP7501, Panasonic: DMP UB900, Oppo: UDP-203
post #28027 of 31279 Old 04-14-2018, 09:07 AM

Here some pics of the Ultra in my living room. Going to try this spot first. On paper I was thinking it's not much bigger or heavier than the pb 4000. In person it is a different thing. Holy crap this thing is big and heavy. I'm still moving in so nothing is wired yet but will be soon. Also I have the iso feet on this bad boy so it bring the height up significantly.

gene4ht, Alan P, darthray and 8 others like this.
post #28028 of 31279 Old 04-14-2018, 01:41 PM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 30
I have been unable to find a good picture online of the PB16 in the black oak. This is a good pic.

I got the PB2000 because I have no way to get the PB16 upstairs. I called and asked if I could pay for 'Inside Delivery' but it was a no. I'm gonna do the upgrade and have to ask the neighbors to help.

Quote:
Holy crap this thing is big and heavy.
mthomas47 and Louis Bartay like this.

B&W 683S2 / B&W HTM61S2 / B&W 686S2x4
LG OLED65C7 / Denon 4300 / Monolith 3x200
SVS PB16 / Xbox One X / Oppo 203

Last edited by gordojones88; 04-14-2018 at 01:45 PM.
post #28029 of 31279 Old 04-14-2018, 03:27 PM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 40
A few tweaks to my setup today! After trialing my dual PB-2000's in front left/rear corner I decided the rear left corner is a must. Gave some great feels in the sitting location! Due to the front corner though it did feel like the bass was a bit more felt on the left side of the room. I decided to move the front left to the right wall just inside the front right speaker. This is where the room opens so isn't a corner location. I just re-ran Audyssey and this is feeling like a pretty good solution! I do feel a bit more oomph from the rear left due it being a corner location but the combined they fill the room a lot more evenly and the front is a lot more tuneful. I think I may just need to tweak levels independently first.
I also just installed the SVS Isolation feet! Wife was complaining about the rattles and always asking why it's so loud, she doesn't know loud Just a question on these, it's normal for the sub to feel kind of springy? I think my boards aren't completely even however I noticed the sub is pretty bouncy on them. I followed the recommendation to not over-tighten them and with the screw quite tight the feet still have a bit of move in them.

Now to watch some content to test! BR2049 will be a good rattle test
post #28030 of 31279 Old 04-14-2018, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brettmckinney View Post
Just a question on these, it's normal for the sub to feel kind of springy? I think my boards aren't completely even however I noticed the sub is pretty bouncy on them.

Yes the isolation feet are supposed to be springy. You want to turn up the volume on your subwoofers until they are bouncing up and down.

Edit: If the subwoofers are not bouncing up and down at the same time you want to adjust the phase.

Last edited by gordojones88; 04-14-2018 at 04:39 PM.
post #28031 of 31279 Old 04-14-2018, 05:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 2044 Post(s)
Liked: 2895
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiebosco View Post
Agreed! Jack is also top class!

Another fantastic CS rep at SVS is Dennis Johnson

A few years ago I had a PB12-NSD and a PB-2000, from seating distance these looked pretty much identical - except my 2012 PB12 had the older style blue SVS badge. This did not sit well with my OCD.I contacted the Australian distributor to see if I could buy one of the newer style black badges and was told they didn't have any. So I contacted SVS directly and asked Dennis if it was possible to buy a Black (or blue) SVS badge just so they would be matching. Without hesitation Dennis offered to send me a couple of new style badges free of charge ( and also with no proof that I even owned an SVS product). They arrived to Australia in under a week. This is perhaps a fairly small gesture, but I was pretty chuffed. Dennis has helped me several other times through the years and has passed some of my questions on to @Ed Mullen for additional input. First class service all the way!

Outstanding
Never had the pleasure dealing with Dennis, but also sound like I good person to deal with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthomas47 View Post
Thanks, Ray!

Regards,
Mike

Just another short story about their Customer Service.

When, I was shopping for ceiling speakers, the Elevation got my attention.
So I send an e-mail about their sound signature, since I got Aperion Verus Grand for towers, center and the 4 surrounds.

I also ask if there was a way, to use them for ceiling duty.
Both Ed and Jack were involve, during few exchanges.
I was told, that a special block was in development, to secure the speaker so it would not fall down.
Then I ask if it months or year wait, the reply came back as "soon".

A week later, Ed inform me that they receive a small shipment of them, ahead of full production, and if I want to get the Elevation, He would send me two pair free of charge for the blocks.
So I ask how to proceed, since I would be buying them from Sonicboom, a Canadian distributer.
http://www.sonicboomaudio.com/

They ask me for my address, and ship them to me in Canada, from the States

That's what I call Outstanding Customer Service

Ray

Last edited by darthray; 04-14-2018 at 05:57 PM.
post #28032 of 31279 Old 04-14-2018, 07:06 PM

Quoted: 242 Post(s)
Liked: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan456 View Post
Thanks mike for all the info, it has been very helpful. What I did last night is raise the gain on both subs to 1 o'clock and raised my trim level on the receiver sw1 was set to -4.5 and sw2 was set to -6.0. I put it the incredible hulk and was extremely happy with the results, it sounded great at least to me. When adjusting sub woofers I am always concerned with making the bass to over powering so that is probably part of my issue. Online it seems quite a few people have posted that they are running the gains on their svs subs at 2' oclock. Which seems kind of high to me, I think I am quite happy with it at 1.

I am very happy with the SB 2000 subs, but I still will probably eventually upgrade to the SB 4000.

Thanks again.
Sorry just catching up on the forum. I too have dual SB2000's and set them about 1:00 / 1:30, with trim -5. I had it at 2:00 before I got duals, so maybe those set at 2:00 have singles. Very happy with my setup especially the room gain, being on a suspended floor.
mthomas47 likes this.

HT: OLED65E6P (ChadB cal'd), STR-DN1080, UBP-X800, 7 Take Classics, Dual SB2000's
LR: 47LW5600
post #28033 of 31279 Old 04-15-2018, 11:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 309 Post(s)
Liked: 313
Quote:
Here some pics of the Ultra in my living room. Going to try this spot first. On paper I was thinking it's not much bigger or heavier than the pb 4000. In person it is a different thing. Holy crap this thing is big and heavy. I'm still moving in so nothing is wired yet but will be soon. Also I have the iso feet on this bad boy so it bring the height up significantly.

I'm going to take a stab here, but your bass is likely to be better if the sub is where that clock dresser is, rather than middle of the room.
Falconsfan71 likes this.

Proud Member of "Bass-a-holic Anonymous" - Dual Bottle of Choice: SVS PC-13 Ultra + SVS PC-12 NSD. Drink of Choice: Ready Player One Delorean Race
DaLite 0.9 Grey 110" screen. Epson 3000 1080P Projection. 7.2 SVS and Energy Reference + Parasound THX Ultra Amplification system.
post #28034 of 31279 Old 04-15-2018, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightninesuited View Post
I'm going to take a stab here, but your bass is likely to be better if the sub is where that clock dresser is, rather than middle of the room.
Yeah I was thinking that too. It is pretty powerful where it is but usually in the corner you can get more output. I didnt want it to get boomy which sometime can happen in that location.

You don't think the tower speakers being right in front if the Sub will negatively effect anything, do you?

I will try it out in that position and let you know.

post #28035 of 31279 Old 04-15-2018, 07:41 PM

Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Boosting sub level after audyssey xt

Audyssey XT on my Denon X1000 set my PC2000 Sub level post calibration at -10.0 DB. Am I supposed to boost the sub level in my receiver after calibration or leave it at -10.0 DB? Should I raise it to -7.0 DB?

thanks
post #28036 of 31279 Old 04-15-2018, 07:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Quoted: 1966 Post(s)
Liked: 2641
Quote:
Originally Posted by eJeremye View Post
Audyssey XT on my Denon X1000 set my PC2000 Sub level post calibration at -10.0 DB. Am I supposed to boost the sub level in my receiver after calibration or leave it at -10.0 DB? Should I raise it to -7.0 DB?

thanks
Audyssey is known to set sub levels low...feel free to experiment to taste...most people boost trim levels to -6 or -5 dB...in any case refrain from exceeding "0" For more information and to understand why, an excellent read can be found at the following link...

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-su...eferences.html
mthomas47 and Louis Bartay like this.

Epson: 5040UB | Elite: 115" Fixed Frame CinemaScope (2.35:1) | Onkyo: TX-RZ920 + M-5010 (7.2.4) | Klipsch: RF-7 II's, RC-64 II, RS-62 II, RB-61 II MICCA: M-8C (Atmos) x 6 | SVS: PB16-Ultra x 2 | Philips: BDP7501, Panasonic: DMP UB900, Oppo: UDP-203

Last edited by gene4ht; 04-17-2018 at 06:36 AM. Reason: typo
post #28037 of 31279 Old 04-15-2018, 09:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Yeah I was thinking that too. It is pretty powerful where it is but usually in the corner you can get more output. I didnt want it to get boomy which sometime can happen in that location.

You don't think the tower speakers being right in front if the Sub will negatively effect anything, do you?

I will try it out in that position and let you know.

Can I give you a suggestion? If you're concerned with boominess in that location, do this:

1. Run it in 16hz mode with the middle port closed. This way you lower the output in the higher frequencies and smooth out the bass. You clearly don't need the output.
2. Run REW and see if there's a a null or spike, use the PEQ to tame that.
3. If there's still a ton of room gain, lower it in the room gain option.

I just think by a wall, it will be out of the way and no, it will not affect it in anyway if it's pointed at your speakers.

Proud Member of "Bass-a-holic Anonymous" - Dual Bottle of Choice: SVS PC-13 Ultra + SVS PC-12 NSD. Drink of Choice: Ready Player One Delorean Race
DaLite 0.9 Grey 110" screen. Epson 3000 1080P Projection. 7.2 SVS and Energy Reference + Parasound THX Ultra Amplification system.
post #28038 of 31279 Old 04-15-2018, 09:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eJeremye View Post

thanks
Raise it to -7, it will be fine. Don't go below that (ie -5), if you need more output, increase sub output on the plate amp.

post #28039 of 31279 Old 04-16-2018, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightninesuited View Post
Can I give you a suggestion? If you're concerned with boominess in that location, do this:

1. Run it in 16hz mode with the middle port closed. This way you lower the output in the higher frequencies and smooth out the bass. You clearly don't need the output.
2. Run REW and see if there's a a null or spike, use the PEQ to tame that.
3. If there's still a ton of room gain, lower it in the room gain option.

I just think by a wall, it will be out of the way and no, it will not affect it in anyway if it's pointed at your speakers.
You mean 13hz mode .

Yeah the more I think of it the more I like this location. It nice to have a built in DSP so I can tune it. I do have one of those custom Calibrated UMIC-1 to use with REW. Just need to learn how to use it. I have that thread bookmarked.

Just moved into new house so It will be a few months before I have enough spare time to play with the DSP though. You know priorities like unpacking.

So far the Pb16 Ultra hits hard.. More than enough for me. Ended up with auto eq setting on the AV at - 7.5db bumped it manually up to - 4db. This is with the 16ultra's volume at - 5db.
Litterally will shake the room couch and punch you in the chest. Seems to do it effortlessly too.

Musically so far it bends in with my system seamlessly.

My initial impressions between the PB4000 and PB-16ultra. Very simular subwoofer. Same sound quality. I think the 4000 blended in slightly better musically with my tower's but I think that more an issue with my RP-260f's than the sub. When I eventually upgrade to the Rf-7 III's I expect it to be better.

Anyway for movies the Ultra defiantly seems to put out the same ground shaking accurate bass as the 4000 series. Definitely seems to do it with less effort and I feel I have allot more power on tap to use if I want it.

post #28040 of 31279 Old 04-16-2018, 06:31 AM

Moved it to the corner. Ran auto EQ on my Rx-A1060 and got a 1.5bd increase at the same volume. {auto EQ) bumped it from - 7.5db to =9db.

UPDATE: I ran the auto EQ sweeps again and it was setting the sub at the max adjustment of - 10db. That is with the sub at - 5db. I had to move the sub volume all the down to - 12db to get the equivalent output setting in auto EQ that it was getting in the other location.

Lastly. I replayed 2016 Atmos test disc and the tactile response/output of the sub in the corner is ridiculous.

Last edited by lag1791; 04-16-2018 at 07:22 AM.
post #28041 of 31279 Old 04-16-2018, 10:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Lastly. I replayed 2016 Atmos test disc and the tactile response/output of the sub in the corner is ridiculous.
Glad it worked out. I had a feeling that would be the case, hence I suggested the corner.

post #28042 of 31279 Old 04-16-2018, 01:45 PM

Now put a lamp and a fake plant on your new end table.

Quote:

Last edited by gordojones88; 04-16-2018 at 01:49 PM.
post #28043 of 31279 Old 04-17-2018, 02:41 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked: 467
Quote:
Moved it to the corner. Ran auto EQ on my Rx-A1060 and got a 1.5bd increase at the same volume. {auto EQ) bumped it from - 7.5db to =9db.

UPDATE: I ran the auto EQ sweeps again and it was setting the sub at the max adjustment of - 10db. That is with the sub at - 5db. I had to move the sub volume all the down to - 12db to get the equivalent output setting in auto EQ that it was getting in the other location.

I have that same TV stand! I like that thing a lot

My PB16's are about the same settings. FYI I have one sub fully corner-loaded similar to yours (the "strong" sub). The other sub is in a partial corner which opens to another room......so more or less only receives benefit from the wall (the "weak" sub).

The "weak" sub I set at -10dB, the "strong" sub I set at -14dB. This returned near-max -10db and -10.5dB settings in Audyssey, respectively.

After calibration, I added back in 6dB trotal. 5dB within Audyssey, and 1dB to each sub (sub amps are now at -9dB and -13dB). If I wanted to add more from here, I'd do it all from the sub amps and not go below the -5 I'm at in Audyssey presently.
Louis Bartay likes this.

TCL 55P607, OPPO UDP-203, 4K Fire TV, Marantz 6011, Rotel 1075 (Atmos)
DefTech SM 65 (X7), SVS PB16 Ultra (X2), SVS Prime Elevation (X4)
Headphone rig: PC-> Schiit Wyrd ->Schiit Modi Multibit ->Stax SRM-353X ->THX AAA 789
Headphones: Stax SR-207, Stax SR-L700, M1060, TH-X00 Purpleheart, HD600, HD6XX, etc
post #28044 of 31279 Old 04-17-2018, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Zuehlke View Post
I have that same TV stand! I like that thing a lot

My PB16's are about the same settings. FYI I have one sub fully corner-loaded similar to yours (the "strong" sub). The other sub is in a partial corner which opens to another room......so more or less only receives benefit from the wall (the "weak" sub).

The "weak" sub I set at -10dB, the "strong" sub I set at -14dB. This returned near-max -10db and -10.5dB settings in Audyssey, respectively.

After calibration, I added back in 6dB trotal. 5dB within Audyssey, and 1dB to each sub (sub amps are now at -9dB and -13dB). If I wanted to add more from here, I'd do it all from the sub amps and not go below the -5 I'm at in Audyssey presently.
Yeah I ended up running the sub at -5db on the Ypao. And -10 dB on the Ultra. This means I'm running 4-5db hot. I haven't played around with music yet but I'll setup a preset for that and most likely bump the sub volume up 4-5 dB.

I thought about putting the PB4000, that I have boxed up ready to go back to SVS, in the opposite corner. But to be honest I'm real happy with the output and SQ of just the one PB Ultra. If the room aesthetics and WAF were not a factor it would be a no brainer since I already have it and it is sitting in the box just begging to be let out.

TV stand is awesome. I looked for one for a week before settling. Fits under my 75" perfectly. Love the style too and really not a bad price for the quality of it.

Last edited by lag1791; 04-17-2018 at 09:22 AM.
post #28045 of 31279 Old 04-17-2018, 02:27 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 751 Post(s)
Liked: 199
Hi guys,

I recently did a lot of tweaking with my SVS setup with the PC 13 ULTRA cylinder sub.

I am noticing that the grill on the top of the PC 13 Ultra has been rattling a bit when the sub hits pretty hard. (AVR at -5 and sub at -8).

Has anyone found a remedy to the grill on the cylinder sub rattling?

Also, on a sub like this, I know i will get the best bass extension with one port plugged and setting the sub at 16hz, but is it better than having all ports open for movies and setting it at 20hz?

How many movies will dip below the 20hz all ports open?

This room is just used for movies only and not any music by the way.

Thanks a lot guys!

Please Support My Blu-Ray/4K Collection Part-Out here:
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/213-p...-out-work.html
post #28046 of 31279 Old 04-17-2018, 02:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 2661 Post(s)
Liked: 2445
Quote:
Originally Posted by iStorm View Post
Hi guys,

I recently did a lot of tweaking with my SVS setup with the PC 13 ULTRA cylinder sub.

I am noticing that the grill on the top of the PC 13 Ultra has been rattling a bit when the sub hits pretty hard. (AVR at -5 and sub at -8).

Has anyone found a remedy to the grill on the cylinder sub rattling?

Also, on a sub like this, I know i will get the best bass extension with one port plugged and setting the sub at 16hz, but is it better than having all ports open for movies and setting it at 20hz?

How many movies will dip below the 20hz all ports open?

This room is just used for movies only and not any music by the way.

Thanks a lot guys!
Mine doesn't rattle, it almost flew off once during youtube bass testing. Either take it off or put a little duct tape around the rim so it fits tighter.

I run my 12+ in 16hz mode. I don't think I can tell a difference between 16 and 20hz modes but I don't run out of headroom with it in 16hz mode so that's where I leave it.

If you are not running out of headroom in 16hz mode you can just leave it there unless you think it just sounds better in 20hz mode. My room is not very big either, so I get a fair amount of room gain that probably extends my usable output to below 15hz a little.
mthomas47 likes this.

Klipsch RF-62II, RC-500, RS-400, SVS PC12+,
Def Tech SC8000
Onkyo RZ820
Roku Ultra, Apple TV, Sharp 70" Quattron
post #28047 of 31279 Old 04-17-2018, 02:39 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kini62 View Post
Mine doesn't rattle, it almost flew off once during youtube bass testing. Either take it off or put a little duct tape around the rim so it fits tighter.

I run my 12+ in 16hz mode. I don't think I can tell a difference between 16 and 20hz modes but I don't run out of headroom with it in 16hz mode so that's where I leave it.

If you are not running out of headroom in 16hz mode you can just leave it there unless you think it just sounds better in 20hz mode. My room is not very big either, so I get a fair amount of room gain that probably extends my usable output to below 15hz a little.
Thanks! Does it matter which port you plug then or the way that the sub is turned towards the wall? I will usually turn it so that the DSP dial is facing towards me to adjust easier.

I currently have the port plugged that is up against the wall.

I think 16hz sounds good to me in the small room, but that speaker grill is driving me nuts.. Maybe I will just take it off or put some duct tape around it. I'm assuming your grill at least vibrates some if you put your hand on it while bass is playing right? I notice the sound is a bit better if I put my hand over it. Idk, maybe I need to get rid of the grill, haha..

post #28048 of 31279 Old 04-17-2018, 02:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 2661 Post(s)
Liked: 2445
Quote:
Thanks! Does it matter which port you plug then or the way that the sub is turned towards the wall? I will usually turn it so that the DSP dial is facing towards me to adjust easier.

I think 16hz sounds good to me in the small room, but that speaker grill is driving me nuts.. Maybe I will just take it off or put some duct tape around it. I'm assuming your grill at least vibrates some if you put your hand on it while bass is playing right? I notice the sound is a bit better if I put my hand over it. Idk, maybe I need to get rid of the grill, haha..
I have my sub facing the same direction so I can easily access the controls and see when it powers on and off. I'm sure the grill on my sub vibrates but I can't hear it. I don't even know which port I plugged. Just picked one I guess.

I might try it without the grill on. It's not like it keep dust out anyway.

Klipsch RF-62II, RC-500, RS-400, SVS PC12+,
Def Tech SC8000
Onkyo RZ820
Roku Ultra, Apple TV, Sharp 70" Quattron
post #28049 of 31279 Old 04-17-2018, 03:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kini62 View Post
I have my sub facing the same direction so I can easily access the controls and see when it powers on and off. I'm sure the grill on my sub vibrates but I can't hear it. I don't even know which port I plugged. Just picked one I guess.

I might try it without the grill on. It's not like it keep dust out anyway.
Awesome so I guess the direction of the sub doesn't matter since it is a bottom driver anyways. I'm also going to try it with the grill on and off . It doesn't look as good with the grill off, but if it is an annoyance during movies then I might take it off as well and then probably take out the big sytrofoam pieces to make it look cleaner (the ones that push up on the grill).

post #28050 of 31279 Old 04-17-2018, 03:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 403 Post(s)
Liked: 850
Quote:

I never thought about which port to plug. Good question, as I use the ceneter port on my PB13 Ultra. Hope your feeling better, I sure enjoyed all the Blurays I purchased from you last year.
Oldways7 likes this.

Klipsch Cornwall I,C7,RS3-II, R-14M
Klipsch Heresy II, NAD C272/C162,PL-518X ATOC9ML/III
Klipsch KLF-20,ReVox A77 MK IV D, Nakamichi BX-300
Klipsch Synergy Sub 12" X 3, SVS PB 13 Ultra Sub
Yamaha RX-V1900 HD 7.1, CDC 697, PS4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Speaker Systems , Svs , svs pb-2000 , Svs Pb1000 10 Inch 300 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Pb12 Nsd Black Vinyl 12 Inch Powered Subwoofer , svs pb12 plus , Svs Pb13 Ultra , svs pc-4000 , Svs Pc12 Nsd 12 Inch 400 Watt Powered Cylinder Subwoofer , Svs Pc12 Ultra , Svs Sb1000 12 Inch 300 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb12 Nsd Charcoal Black Vinyl 12 Inch 400 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb13 Ultra Piano Gloss 13 Inch 1000 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb2000

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page