Official SVS Owners/Support Thread. - Page 954 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 44653Likes

post #28591 of 31643 Old 07-10-2018, 02:10 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 415 Post(s)
Liked: 285
I need your experience with SoundPath isolation feet.

I have parquet flooring (over the concrete) and subwoofer is on granite slab (53 x 55 x 3 cm, 25 kg). Of course granite slab has some carpet feet.

It's small amount of money compared with the price of SB16-Ultra, but I'm note sure whether SoundPath isolation feet could bring me any benefit in this configuration

TBH, I don't like how they look like

Anthem MRX 720 | Parasound Halo A21
Dynaudio Contour 60 | Dynaudio Excite X28 | Dynaudio Emit M20 | 2x SVS SB16-Ultra
LG OLED65C7V

Last edited by Delija; 07-10-2018 at 04:21 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #28592 of 31643 Old 07-10-2018, 03:30 PM
AVS ***** Member

Mentioned: 348 Post(s)
Quoted: 5490 Post(s)
Liked: 10478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delija View Post
I need you experience with SoundPath isolation feet.

I have parquet flooring (over the concrete) and subwoofer is on granite slab (53 x 55 x 3 cm, 25 kg). Of course granite slab has some carpet feet.

It's small amount of money compared with the price of SB16-Ultra, but I'm note sure whether SoundPath isolation feet could bring me any benefit in this configuration

TBH, I don't like how they look like

Hi,

If your subwoofer were on a suspended wood floor, instead of wood on concrete, some way of decoupling the subwoofer from the floor might conceivably reduce unwanted vibrations elsewhere in the room. That would be without even considering the granite slab, which is already completely inert. The isolation feet would provide no practical or audible benefit whatsoever, in this case.

Regards,
Mike
darthray, godwindx and Delija like this.

GUIDE TO SUBWOOFER CALIBRATION AND BASS PREFERENCES

* The Guide linked above is a comprehensive guide to Audio & HT systems, including:
Speaker placements & Room treatments; HT calibration & Room EQ; Room gain; Bass
Preferences; Subwoofer Buyer's Guide: Sealed/ported; ID subs; Subwoofer placement.
post #28593 of 31643 Old 07-10-2018, 04:12 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Is it just me or is it time to take down the poll that is at the top of every page in this thread? It's been there for weeks and must have served its purpose by now. Most polls have an end date.

There is a bug that affects view first unread functionality when there is a poll, causing the first unread to be a recent unread - not necessarily the first.

Maybe I'm just feeling old and cranky today.

The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of low price has passed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #28594 of 31643 Old 07-10-2018, 04:32 PM
Advanced Member

@mthomas47
Thanks, Mike

@Kabillyhop
It's not just you
darthray and mthomas47 like this.

Dynaudio Contour 60 | Dynaudio Excite X28 | Dynaudio Emit M20 | 2x SVS SB16-Ultra
LG OLED65C7V
post #28595 of 31643 Old 07-12-2018, 10:27 AM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 1898 Post(s)
Liked: 1819
I shoulda bought 2 brand new SVS subwoofers instead of taking a chance on Ebay. God I hate that worthless company. I've got a 1400 charge on 2 different accounts at the moment and they are refunding the wrong one. I should have just bought 2 new ones on Amazon like I wanted to do.

Plus, I know I bought an open box buy, but someone has seriously tampered with this sub. The feet are all scraped off the bottom and I'm pretty sure the driver has been replaced. The replacement driver is not even clean like it sat in a dirty warehouse for a year.

SVS gave me a warranty on it, thank god! Stay away from One Call tho, thats a shady company that I will never buy from again.
audiocologne, Matt2026 and AmerCa like this.
post #28596 of 31643 Old 07-12-2018, 02:00 PM

Question for everyone. Since the seller is swearing up and down that they did not work on the subwoofer prior to selling it Im starting to worry that maybe a previous owner swapped the driver and returned it. When I get home tonight Im gonna flip them both upside down and take the bottom plate off to compare them. If the driver does not match will it be obvious or would I actually need to pull the driver out to know for sure?

It's just weird because the sub itself is crazy clean. In fact the cloth looks brand new and makes my old one look older, but the driver was covered in dust and missing the feet which I found kinda odd.
post #28597 of 31643 Old 07-12-2018, 02:07 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 100
I have the chance to upgrade my dual 12 pluses to pb 13 ultras. Does anyone think its worth it or should i hold out for the 4000/pb16?

Currently have to run both at max gain to get the output levels i enjoy. They still sound fantastic to me 90% of the time, but the other 10% i reach its limits and can hear driver distortion.

As mike mentioned though it looks as though the 13 ultra is only a bit more powerful...

5.2.2 | Samsung KS8500 | Sony UBP-X800 | Yamaha RX-A1060 | SVS Ultra Center | SVS Ultra Towers | SVS Ultra Bookshelves | SVS Prime Elevations | 2x PB16-Ultra | Emotiva XPA-3 Gen3 | Emotiva BasX A-300
post #28598 of 31643 Old 07-12-2018, 03:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 1248 Post(s)
Liked: 1069
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkpenguin View Post
Question for everyone. Since the seller is swearing up and down that they did not work on the subwoofer prior to selling it Im starting to worry that maybe a previous owner swapped the driver and returned it. When I get home tonight Im gonna flip them both upside down and take the bottom plate off to compare them. If the driver does not match will it be obvious or would I actually need to pull the driver out to know for sure?

It's just weird because the sub itself is crazy clean. In fact the cloth looks brand new and makes my old one look older, but the driver was covered in dust and missing the feet which I found kinda odd.
Not sure about the driver but if someone had installed the SVS isolation feet on the sub they would have had to remove the small rubber feet.

LG OLED65C7P (Chad B Calibrated) | Denon X4300H | HDHomeRun Quatro | Nvidia Shield | ATV 4K | Oppo UDP-203 | 40TB Plex server
5.2.4 | Front Klipsch RP-160M x2 | Center Klipsch RP-450C | Surrounds Klipsch RP-150M x2 | Atmos Klipsch RP-140SA x 4 | Subs SVS PC-4000 x 2
post #28599 of 31643 Old 07-12-2018, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by confinoj View Post
Not sure about the driver but if someone had installed the SVS isolation feet on the sub they would have had to remove the small rubber feet.
Thats my point, the feet are gone and they were not removed cleanly.

EDIT, ok I get what your saying now. Looking online it also appears that original drivers have an svs logo on them. Ill take a look tonight. Hopefully Im just being overly paranoid. Ebay shopping does that to me.

Last edited by drunkpenguin; 07-12-2018 at 03:29 PM.
post #28600 of 31643 Old 07-12-2018, 03:11 PM
AVS ***** Member

Mentioned: 348 Post(s)
Quoted: 5490 Post(s)
Liked: 10478
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkEnigma View Post
I have the chance to upgrade my dual 12 pluses to pb 13 ultras. Does anyone think its worth it or should i hold out for the 4000/pb16?

Currently have to run both at max gain to get the output levels i enjoy. They still sound fantastic to me 90% of the time, but the other 10% i reach its limits and can hear driver distortion.

As mike mentioned though it looks as though the 13 ultra is only a bit more powerful...

Hi,

That's a tough question. I have had all of those subs, so let me try to piece together some of the pros and cons. I had three Pluses in my large room and was bottoming them out too often. When I upgraded to 13 Ultras, I upgraded in number as well as in the model. But, it was immediately clear to me that I had lower extension and more headroom. After that, I didn't hit my subwoofers' limits again, and the subsequent upgrade to PB16's was just for fun. But, they have been fun, as they gave me an extra 4db below about 35Hz, and that's where I really wanted it.

So, if you are looking to go as deep as you can go, with as much tactile ULF as you can get, the PB16's will do even better at that than the PB13's (or PB4000's) can. But, they will also cost a lot more. There is a chance that the PB13's will give you enough additional SPL and low-frequency extension to make you happy 100% of the time, instead of just 90%. And, there is something nice about being able to upgrade gradually, as our financial circumstances improve, or as we decide that it's really worth it. So, I think that I would be inclined to try the PB13's, especially since you will still have the free-trial period going for you.

The PB4000's are cooler than the PB13's, and I traded-in my nearfield PB13, after they came out, so that all of my subs would match in appearance and in user controls. But, from a strictly performance/output standpoint, they aren't really better than the PB13's. So, for the extra cost, I couldn't really advise you to buy them instead of the PB13's.

Balancing all of this, I would probably try upgrading to the PB13's. Down the road, if you still wanted to upgrade further, you could either add another PB13, or make the move up to the PB16's, depending on circumstances. But, I do think that the PB13's are an all-around better subwoofer than the Pluses, even though I might have wished for even more difference between them. And, I think there is a good chance they will be enough to keep you from running out of headroom for a while. That assumes, of course, that you don't immediately want to run them even hotter than you were running the Pluses.

Regards,
Mike
gene4ht, januza and AmerCa like this.

GUIDE TO SUBWOOFER CALIBRATION AND BASS PREFERENCES

* The Guide linked above is a comprehensive guide to Audio & HT systems, including:
Speaker placements & Room treatments; HT calibration & Room EQ; Room gain; Bass
Preferences; Subwoofer Buyer's Guide: Sealed/ported; ID subs; Subwoofer placement.
post #28601 of 31643 Old 07-12-2018, 03:28 PM
Advanced Member

For PEQ on SB16-Ultra all specifications online (including reviews) and user manual state:
PEQ Frequency: 20, 22, 25, 28, 30 – 200Hz (1Hz/step)

If I read it correctly it should mean that 21, 23, 24, 26, 27 and 29 Hz are not supported.

I'm not sure if something is changed in newer versions, but I'm pretty sure that it works for these values also.
Not just that it could be chosen in the mobile app, but it really affects the subwoofer output - as measured with XTZ Room Analyzer.

Has someone else tried this?

LG OLED65C7V

Last edited by Delija; 07-13-2018 at 12:00 AM.
post #28602 of 31643 Old 07-12-2018, 03:29 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 230 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
I shoulda bought 2 brand new SVS subwoofers instead of taking a chance on Ebay. God I hate that worthless company. I've got a 1400 charge on 2 different accounts at the moment and they are refunding the wrong one. I should have just bought 2 new ones on Amazon like I wanted to do.

Plus, I know I bought an open box buy, but someone has seriously tampered with this sub. The feet are all scraped off the bottom and I'm pretty sure the driver has been replaced. The replacement driver is not even clean like it sat in a dirty warehouse for a year.

SVS gave me a warranty on it, thank god! Stay away from One Call tho, thats a shady company that I will never buy from again.
They were running a good deal on some klipsch RP-280s I was thinking about but I think I will hold off on that.
post #28603 of 31643 Old 07-12-2018, 03:43 PM
Advanced Member

Also, in this review https://hometheaterreview.com/svs-sb...viewed/?page=2 the author states:

Quote:
The chart above shows the frequency response of the SB16-Ultra in Movie mode (blue trace) and Music mode (red trace). This is a fairly typical response curve for a sealed-box subwoofer, with a gentle (roughly -12dB) rolloff as the frequency drops below the box/driver resonance. The Music mode's effect is subtle, just a max +3dB boost centered at about 65 Hz.

I have measured all three modes (Music, Movie, Custom) and responses for all of them with the same PEQ and other settings are exactly the same - as expected.

LG OLED65C7V

Last edited by Delija; 07-12-2018 at 11:56 PM.
post #28604 of 31643 Old 07-12-2018, 05:20 PM

Ok well I opened it up and the driver is definitely an SVS driver. You can see the SVS logo on it. I have no clue why it arrived so filthy, but it seems to work great in testing and SVS is still giving me a 5 year warranty so I'm good with that! But here's a couple pics if anyone is interested. After removing the bottom plate I put them side by side and took a picture. The one on the Left is the one Ive had for years and you can see how much cleaner it is than the new one. It looks like drywall dust. Still not sure what thats all about but Im gonna keep the sub since it appears to be the last one on earth lol.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180712_175214.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	194.3 KB
ID:	2427672   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180712_174504.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	110.4 KB
ID:	2427674  
AmerCa likes this.
post #28605 of 31643 Old 07-13-2018, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthomas47 View Post
Quote:

Hi,

That's a tough question. I have had all of those subs, so let me try to piece together some of the pros and cons. I had three Pluses in my large room and was bottoming them out too often. When I upgraded to 13 Ultras, I upgraded in number as well as in the model. But, it was immediately clear to me that I had lower extension and more headroom. After that, I didn't hit my subwoofers' limits again, and the subsequent upgrade to PB16's was just for fun. But, they have been fun, as they gave me an extra 4db below about 35Hz, and that's where I really wanted it.

So, if you are looking to go as deep as you can go, with as much tactile ULF as you can get, the PB16's will do even better at that than the PB13's (or PB4000's) can. But, they will also cost a lot more. There is a chance that the PB13's will give you enough additional SPL and low-frequency extension to make you happy 100% of the time, instead of just 90%. And, there is something nice about being able to upgrade gradually, as our financial circumstances improve, or as we decide that it's really worth it. So, I think that I would be inclined to try the PB13's, especially since you will still have the free-trial period going for you.

The PB4000's are cooler than the PB13's, and I traded-in my nearfield PB13, after they came out, so that all of my subs would match in appearance and in user controls. But, from a strictly performance/output standpoint, they aren't really better than the PB13's. So, for the extra cost, I couldn't really advise you to buy them instead of the PB13's.

Balancing all of this, I would probably try upgrading to the PB13's. Down the road, if you still wanted to upgrade further, you could either add another PB13, or make the move up to the PB16's, depending on circumstances. But, I do think that the PB13's are an all-around better subwoofer than the Pluses, even though I might have wished for even more difference between them. And, I think there is a good chance they will be enough to keep you from running out of headroom for a while. That assumes, of course, that you don't immediately want to run them even hotter than you were running the Pluses. [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/tongue.gif[/IMG]

Regards,
Mike
Well, i took your advice and sprung on the 13s. Im going to really push them and see what happens. The amount of distortion in the 16hz mode for the 12 plus rendered that mode useless. 20hz gave me a better experience but i lost all the lows since my room doesn't benefit from room gain. Hoping to run the 13s in extended mode at adequate levels without reaching their limits.

If not...I'll probably have to abandon svs all together.
mthomas47 likes this.

5.2.2 | Samsung KS8500 | Sony UBP-X800 | Yamaha RX-A1060 | SVS Ultra Center | SVS Ultra Towers | SVS Ultra Bookshelves | SVS Prime Elevations | 2x PB16-Ultra | Emotiva XPA-3 Gen3 | Emotiva BasX A-300
post #28606 of 31643 Old 07-13-2018, 09:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Well, i took your advice and sprung on the 13s. Im going to really push them and see what happens. The amount of distortion in the 16hz mode for the 12 plus rendered that mode useless. 20hz gave me a better experience but i lost all the lows since my room doesn't benefit from room gain. Hoping to run the 13s in extended mode at adequate levels without reaching their limits.

Hopefully it works out. I upgraded from dual PC12+s to dual PC-4000s so similar move. Have run both in extended mode. A nice upgrade but I wasn't really hitting limits of PC12+s that I could tell. I'm in a 3200 cu ft living room with a fixed 4.5' opening. I add about 6-8db of sub boost on top of dynamic EQ but only listen at low to moderate volumes mostly. On occasion when no one is home I've tried to push them closer to reference (I think the most I tried was MV at -10) to see what they can do and I have not heard any bad noises. Will all depend on your room and how much you are pushing them but I would think dual PB13s should be more than adequate for most people unless your room is huge. Just curious what size room you are in and what your sub boost and listening levels are?
AmerCa likes this.

LG OLED65C7P (Chad B Calibrated) | Denon X4300H | HDHomeRun Quatro | Nvidia Shield | ATV 4K | Oppo UDP-203 | 40TB Plex server
5.2.4 | Front Klipsch RP-160M x2 | Center Klipsch RP-450C | Surrounds Klipsch RP-150M x2 | Atmos Klipsch RP-140SA x 4 | Subs SVS PC-4000 x 2
post #28607 of 31643 Old 07-13-2018, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by confinoj View Post
Quote:

Hopefully it works out. I upgraded from dual PC12+s to dual PC-4000s so similar move. Have run both in extended mode. A nice upgrade but I wasn't really hitting limits of PC12+s that I could tell. I'm in a 3200 cu ft living room with a fixed 4.5' opening. I add about 6-8db of sub boost on top of dynamic EQ but only listen at low to moderate volumes mostly. On occasion when no one is home I've tried to push them closer to reference (I think the most I tried was MV at -10) to see what they can do and I have not heard any bad noises. Will all depend on your room and how much you are pushing them but I would think dual PB13s should be more than adequate for most people unless your room is huge. Just curious what size room you are in and what your sub boost and listening levels are?

Its a ~6200ft^3 basement on concrete. But the setup is a little unusual...the room is shaped almost like a U and i sit on the bottom edge of the U. Im roughly 10~12 feet from the subs. The back end of the room is around 30 feet long and the other end of the room is around 29 feet away. I tried stuffing the 12 plus in the corners but at that point they're so far i lose a significant amount of TR and SPL. I currently have them setup in parallel with the vertical portions of the U which yielded the best frequency response in my room.

I calibrate them at -10 on the sub amp which usually gives me -5db on the AVR. I set that to -8 manually and then raise the sub amp gain to -2 for movies and 0db for music. (So +5db hot movies and +7 for music). Movies i usually watch around -10db~-7db...music is -7 to -5.

As i mentioned earlier they usually sound fine. They haven't made any abnormal noises despite running at max for music (past -5 on the avr they dont increase in volume anymore) but movies is a whole other story. The 16hz mode would generally produce some hardcore driver distortion.
mthomas47 likes this.

post #28608 of 31643 Old 07-13-2018, 10:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Its a ~6200ft^3 basement on concrete
Well the above says a lot. You need a lot of subwoofage for that space. Certainly worth seeing what the PB13s can do but it would not at all be unreasonable and unexpected to need to move to bigger subs than PB13s.
mthomas47 likes this.

post #28609 of 31643 Old 07-15-2018, 06:06 AM

Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Quote:
Ok well I opened it up and the driver is definitely an SVS driver. You can see the SVS logo on it. I have no clue why it arrived so filthy, but it seems to work great in testing and SVS is still giving me a 5 year warranty so I'm good with that! But here's a couple pics if anyone is interested. After removing the bottom plate I put them side by side and took a picture. The one on the Left is the one Ive had for years and you can see how much cleaner it is than the new one. It looks like drywall dust. Still not sure what thats all about but Im gonna keep the sub since it appears to be the last one on earth lol.
It may not be, but it looks like it was an abused showroom demo that was frequently pushed around on an abrasive concrete floor. Great customer service by SVS honoring their warranty. I'm assuming One Call is an authorized SVS retailer. It wouldn't surprise me if SVS brass calls and gives them an earful over selling their product in such a condition. I hope it all works out for you
darthray likes this.

Media Room: Sony VPL-VW675ES, Anthem MRX-1120, Oppo UDP-205, Atlantic Technology THX Ultra2 371LR, 373C, 374LRSSR, 454LRBSR, Dual SVS PB-4000 Subs, (4) AT IC-6-OBA Atmos Ceiling Speakers, DirecTV c61K, Roku Ultra, Sony PS4, Sonos Connect | Living Room: LG OLED65C8PUA, Oppo UDP-203, DirecTV c61K, Sonos Playbar & Wireless Sub, Sonos PLAY:1 Surrounds, Sonos Connect | Patio: Onkyo TX-DS989v2, PSB CS1000 Outdoor Speakers, Sonos Connect | Control4 Home Automation
post #28610 of 31643 Old 07-15-2018, 06:46 PM
Upgradus Interruptus

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:

I moved on from my venerable PB2 to an SB16 Ultra recently. The SB16 is fantastic and does not run out of power at the point where the PB2 used to. This was a major upgrade of a 14 year old SVS sub to one of the current flagships. Having owned SVS since I was one of their first 400 customers, (I had serial number 343 for the 16-46PC back in the day) I am very impressed with how the company both supports older models as well as continues to strive to greater performance. I love the iPhone app with the SB16 Ultra. Very easy to manage adjustments from the couch.

Another big thumbs up to the SVS team.

"You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike" HT: 7.2.6 - Denon AVR-X8500H, Oppo BDP-205D, Vandersteen VCC-2 CT with KEF LS50 L/R, M&K ss-150's SL & SR, SVS Prime Elevation front L/R, Side 2 pair ahead and behind seating, 2 - SVS SB16 Ultra, Epson 5040UB, Stewart StudioTek 130 92". Living Room: LG OLED55C7P & Oppo UDP-203 with Sonos Sound Base.
post #28611 of 31643 Old 07-16-2018, 06:21 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 323 Post(s)
Liked: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by mthomas47 View Post
Hi,

Balancing all of this, I would probably try upgrading to the PB13's. Down the road, if you still wanted to upgrade further, you could either add another PB13, or make the move up to the PB16's, depending on circumstances. But, I do think that the PB13's are an all-around better subwoofer than the Pluses, even though I might have wished for even more difference between them. And, I think there is a good chance they will be enough to keep you from running out of headroom for a while. That assumes, of course, that you don't immediately want to run them even hotter than you were running the Pluses.

Regards,
Mike

Adding to this. I have never in my life made my PB13s chuff. My PB16 on the other hand will chuff when pushed hard! Maybe first love for me but PB13 is legendary and always will be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #28612 of 31643 Old 07-18-2018, 06:13 AM

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 10
can someone recommend a new receiver for the SVS Ultra towers?

right now we are using an older Onkyo 5509 Pre-pro and matching 9 channel amp. everything is setup balanced.

just sounds underwater. when we use the DACs in the Oppo 105D it's like night and day difference for music. sounds so much better.

the Burr-Brown DACs in the Onkyo are too laid back sounding for our taste. using the balanced analog outputs on the Oppo is the first time I actually heard the image go out beyond the speakers. sounds like someone took a blanket off the speakers. really day and night difference.

thinking about the new Denon 8500 maybe?

it's a 5.1 setup with SVS Sub and Ultra center.
post #28613 of 31643 Old 07-18-2018, 08:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 346 Post(s)
Liked: 785
Quote:
For PEQ on SB16-Ultra all specifications online (including reviews) and user manual state:
PEQ Frequency: 20, 22, 25, 28, 30 – 200Hz (1Hz/step)

If I read it correctly it should mean that 21, 23, 24, 26, 27 and 29 Hz are not supported.

I'm not sure if something is changed in newer versions, but I'm pretty sure that it works for these values also.
Not just that it could be chosen in the mobile app, but it really affects the subwoofer output - as measured with XTZ Room Analyzer.

Has someone else tried this?
The PEQ menu function is 20-200 Hz in 1 Hz increments.
Louis Bartay likes this.

Ed Mullen
Director - Technology and Customer Service
SVS

"What We Do In Life, Echoes In Eternity"
post #28614 of 31643 Old 07-18-2018, 09:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 908 Post(s)
Liked: 25806
Quote:
Originally Posted by mingus View Post

right now we are using an older Onkyo 5509 Pre-pro and matching 9 channel amp. everything is setup balanced.

just sounds underwater. when we use the DACs in the Oppo 105D it's like night and day difference for music. sounds so much better.

the Burr-Brown DACs in the Onkyo are too laid back sounding for our taste. using the balanced analog outputs on the Oppo is the first time I actually heard the image go out beyond the speakers. sounds like someone took a blanket off the speakers. really day and night difference.

You might want to ask on the X8500H thread. Then if you're interested you can PM jdsmoothie for a price quote.

Regards, Ken (Retired)
7.1.2) Denon 4520CI; Aircom T-8, Samsung 55H8000; OPPO 203; 6x SVS Ultra BS,
Ultra Center; FH 2xPolk; Rythmik F12; CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD (x2)
2.1 Ch.) Nak RE-1, CR7A, BD F7500, Denon 300F/Ortofon 2M Bronze;
ADS L1290(x2); PINNACLE BABYBOOMER SUB, PANAMAX MR4300
post #28615 of 31643 Old 07-18-2018, 03:05 PM

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 10
thanks for that, I was curious what was working well for those using the SVS Ultra towers specifically. they seem to be pretty critical of preamp/amp.

I have a feeling they will be very nice with the right electronics.

I may post in teh 8500 thread, thanks
post #28616 of 31643 Old 07-18-2018, 04:00 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Mullen View Post
The PEQ menu function is 20-200 Hz in 1 Hz increments.
Thanks, Ed.

It should be fixed in user manual - it's better than specified

LG OLED65C7V
post #28617 of 31643 Old 07-18-2018, 04:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 908 Post(s)
Liked: 25806
Quote:
thanks for that, I was curious what was working well for those using the SVS Ultra towers specifically. they seem to be pretty critical of preamp/amp.

I have a feeling they will be very nice with the right electronics.

I may post in teh 8500 thread, thanks
Occurred to me that there is an Ultra thread. Its not very active as I was the last person to post there and that was 2+ years ago so the 8500X wasn't around yet. Doesn't hurt to post there in any case. I think the amps in the 8500H may be similar to the 7200 it replaced. jdsmoothie is quite knowledgeable, I wouldn't hesitate to ask on the 8500 board. Since it is the 8500 board you might want to phrase your question accordingly.

Regards, Ken (Retired)
7.1.2) Denon 4520CI; Aircom T-8, Samsung 55H8000; OPPO 203; 6x SVS Ultra BS,
Ultra Center; FH 2xPolk; Rythmik F12; CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD (x2)
2.1 Ch.) Nak RE-1, CR7A, BD F7500, Denon 300F/Ortofon 2M Bronze;
ADS L1290(x2); PINNACLE BABYBOOMER SUB, PANAMAX MR4300
post #28618 of 31643 Old 07-18-2018, 06:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 2257 Post(s)
Liked: 3278
Quote:
Originally Posted by januza View Post
Adding to this. I have never in my life made my PB13s chuff. My PB16 on the other hand will chuff when pushed hard! Maybe first love for me but PB13 is legendary and always will be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hear You

My two PB13-Ultra, are still serving well

Ray
post #28619 of 31643 Old 07-18-2018, 09:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Quoted: 2726 Post(s)
Liked: 2537
Quote:

You don't need a $3000 AVR to run a 5.1 setup.

I just got an onkyo rx820 for $600. It seems to have a LOT of power. Accueq is a mixed bag but after some time tweaking things it sounds incredible. A big improvement from my HK AVR.
AmerCa likes this.
post #28620 of 31643 Old 07-19-2018, 05:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 346 Post(s)
Liked: 785
Quote:
Thanks, Ed.

It should be fixed in user manual - it's better than specified
Agreed - we'll get it updated. The OM spec is based on an earlier logic flow which we subsequently improved.
Delija likes this.

Ed Mullen
Director - Technology and Customer Service
SVS

"What We Do In Life, Echoes In Eternity"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Speaker Systems , Svs , svs pb-2000 , Svs Pb1000 10 Inch 300 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Pb12 Nsd Black Vinyl 12 Inch Powered Subwoofer , svs pb12 plus , Svs Pb13 Ultra , svs pc-4000 , Svs Pc12 Nsd 12 Inch 400 Watt Powered Cylinder Subwoofer , Svs Pc12 Ultra , Svs Sb1000 12 Inch 300 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb12 Nsd Charcoal Black Vinyl 12 Inch 400 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb13 Ultra Piano Gloss 13 Inch 1000 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb2000

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page