Official SVS Owners/Support Thread. - Page 958 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 44775Likes

post #28711 of 31770 Old 08-03-2018, 07:46 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 455 Post(s)
Liked: 885
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthray View Post
LOL

Welcome to the addiction

Ray
Lol! I’m already planning on doing some DIY builds at some point. I’d like to build the 1099’s (LCR) first. Then perhaps either a pair of the Marty Cubes, or the Johnny Subs. Kinda leaning towards the Johnny’s though. It seems like they’ll be the best fit for my space. Still debating whether or not I’ll sell my PB12+, or use it as a nearfield behind my seating.

Anyway, I don’t want to sidetrack the thread too much with this, so on another note...I will say that with the new settings, I am very content with the results.

I watched The Quiet Place last night and it was nothing short of amazing. The LFE and overall mix were outstanding.

"Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken." - Tyler Durden

Living Room - Denon AVR-X2400H/MiniDSP 2X4HD/Hsu Research HB-1 Bookshelfs (4)/HC-1 Center/SVS PB12 Plus (1)/Samsung UN65H7150/Sony UBP-X800/PC Built by D-Rail/XBox One S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #28712 of 31770 Old 08-04-2018, 09:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 2294 Post(s)
Liked: 3350
Quote:
Originally Posted by d-rail34 View Post
Lol! I’m already planning on doing some DIY builds at some point. I’d like to build the 1099’s (LCR) first. Then perhaps either a pair of the Marty Cubes, or the Johnny Subs. Kinda leaning towards the Johnny’s though. It seems like they’ll be the best fit for my space. Still debating whether or not I’ll sell my PB12+, or use it as a nearfield behind my seating.

Anyway, I don’t want to sidetrack the thread too much with this, so on another note...I will say that with the new settings, I am very content with the results.

I watched The Quiet Place last night and it was nothing short of amazing. The LFE and overall mix were outstanding.

Also not to derail this thread, just a very quick reply, to this one

Good luck with your DIY, one of the best way to understand the guts and the making of fine speakers, and understanding why some speakers and subs are not so fine.
Also understanding where and why some components are chosen or cut from commercial for money wise, or personal choice,, also for money in most case.

I got this lesson back in the 90s, one of the most valuable tool in my tool box

Ray
gene4ht, mthomas47 and d-rail34 like this.

Last edited by darthray; 08-04-2018 at 09:12 PM.
post #28713 of 31770 Old 08-04-2018, 09:43 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Also not to derail this thread, just a very quick reply, to this one

Good luck with your DIY, one of the best way to understand the guts and the making of fine speakers, and understanding why some speakers and subs are not so fine.
Also understanding where and why some components are chosen or cut from commercial for money wise, or personal choice,, also for money in most case.

I got this lesson back in the 90s, one of the most valuable tool in my tool box

Ray
I honestly never knew about the whole DIY thing before discovering AVS. Nor did I ever consider it. But after reading about all of the benefits of it, it’s pretty much a no brainer. Plus, I love building things, so it’ll make that much more sweeter when I can look at it and say, “I built that”. Lol
gene4ht, darthray and Magellan55 like this.

Living Room - Denon AVR-X2400H/MiniDSP 2X4HD/Hsu Research HB-1 Bookshelfs (4)/HC-1 Center/SVS PB12 Plus (1)/Samsung UN65H7150/Sony UBP-X800/PC Built by D-Rail/XBox One S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #28714 of 31770 Old 08-04-2018, 10:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Quoted: 1987 Post(s)
Liked: 2689
Quote:
I honestly never knew about the whole DIY thing before discovering AVS. Nor did I ever consider it. But after reading about all of the benefits of it, it’s pretty much a no brainer. Plus, I love building things, so it’ll make that much more sweeter when I can look at it and say, “I built that”. Lol

I knew you had the interest and skills! Be sure to post pictures!
darthray and d-rail34 like this.

Epson: 5040UB | Elite: 115" Fixed Frame CinemaScope (2.35:1) | Onkyo: TX-RZ920 + M-5010 (7.2.4) | Klipsch: RF-7 II's, RC-64 II, RS-62 II, RB-61 II MICCA: M-8C (Atmos) x 6 | SVS: PB16-Ultra x 2 | Philips: BDP7501, Panasonic: DMP UB900, Oppo: UDP-203
post #28715 of 31770 Old 08-04-2018, 11:28 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gene4ht View Post
It'll be awhile yet, but I look forward to it. And I will definitely share my experience with you guys. It's the least I can do, as I've enjoyed following others experiences with their builds. That's one of the things that I really enjoy about this forum. That, and being able to gain some very valuable knowledge that I wouldn't been able to aquire otherwise.

It's kind of ironic that this all started after discovering SVS and began researching their products. That's how I stumbled across the AVS Forums...and now I'm hooked! Lol
gene4ht likes this.

post #28716 of 31770 Old 08-05-2018, 12:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 311 Post(s)
Liked: 319
Does anyone have any "go to" PEQ settings for the PC13 Ultra? I'm running in 20hz mode with all ports open to maximize mid bass, but also want to go as low as possible. I also have PC12 NSD that I'm running simultaneously with it's volume at 10 oclock to complement the Ultra.

Proud Member of "Bass-a-holic Anonymous" - Dual Bottle of Choice: SVS PC-13 Ultra + SVS PC-12 NSD. Drink of Choice: Ready Player One Delorean Race
DaLite 0.9 Grey 110" screen. Epson 3000 1080P Projection. 7.2 SVS and Energy Reference + Parasound THX Ultra Amplification system.
post #28717 of 31770 Old 08-05-2018, 08:44 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightninesuited View Post
Does anyone have any "go to" PEQ settings for the PC13 Ultra? I'm running in 20hz mode with all ports open to maximize mid bass, but also want to go as low as possible. I also have PC12 NSD that I'm running simultaneously with it's volume at 10 oclock to complement the Ultra.
The PEQ settings that Ed gave me worked nicely. But the the whole cascading crossovers thing that @mthomas47 turned me & on to....WOW! It not only made a better mid-bass impact, but it improved the sound clarity of my LCR, and just made everything sound/blend so much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthomas47 View Post
Hi,

I posted on the Guide thread about a technique that might buy you just a little more headroom, and some more mid-bass clarity into the bargain. It is called cascading crossovers. The way to implement it, for PB13's, is defined quite specifically in Post 405 on this page:

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-s...l#post56569516

There is a more detailed explanation of what is happening when we use cascading crossovers, as well as my own experience in trying it, in a new subsection of Section III of the Guide linked in my signature. If you decide to try the technique, I would be quite interested in hearing your subsequent impressions of it.

Regards,
Mike
mthomas47 and AmerCa like this.

post #28718 of 31770 Old 08-05-2018, 08:49 AM
AVS ***** Member

Mentioned: 353 Post(s)
Quoted: 5532 Post(s)
Liked: 10653
Quote:
Quote:
The PEQ settings that Ed gave me worked nicely. But the the whole cascading crossovers thing that @mthomas47 turned me & on to....WOW! It not only made a better mid-bass impact, but it improved the sound clarity of my LCR, and just made everything sound/blend so much better.

FWIW, I think that if you employed cascading crossovers, you could not only accentuate mid-bass frequencies more, you might also free-up enough headroom to go back to using the extended port mode for your subs (or at least for your Ultra). Either way, I think that you would like the result.

Regards,
Mike

GUIDE TO SUBWOOFER CALIBRATION AND BASS PREFERENCES

* The Guide linked above is a comprehensive guide to Audio & HT systems, including:
Speaker placements & Room treatments; HT calibration & Room EQ; Room gain; Bass
Preferences; Subwoofer Buyer's Guide: Sealed/ported; ID subs; Subwoofer placement.
post #28719 of 31770 Old 08-05-2018, 04:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
FWIW, I think that if you employed cascading crossovers, you could not only accentuate mid-bass frequencies more, you might also free-up enough headroom to go back to using the extended port mode for your subs (or at least for your Ultra). Either way, I think that you would like the result.

Regards,
Mike
Thanks Mike. I think I posted in the guide thread as well.

I'm looking at the back of my Sledge 1000 (PC13). The options are Low pass and highpass, with -12 and -24. Is this what I'm adjusting? For both? What about PEQ?

Proud Member of "Bass-a-holic Anonymous" - Dual Bottle of Choice: SVS PC-13 Ultra + SVS PC-12 NSD. Drink of Choice: Ready Player One Delorean Race
DaLite 0.9 Grey 110" screen. Epson 3000 1080P Projection. 7.2 SVS and Energy Reference + Parasound THX Ultra Amplification system.
post #28720 of 31770 Old 08-05-2018, 04:23 PM
AVS ***** Member

Mentioned: 353 Post(s)
Quoted: 5532 Post(s)
Liked: 10653
Quote:
Thanks Mike. I think I posted in the guide thread as well.

I'm looking at the back of my Sledge 1000 (PC13). The options are Low pass and highpass, with -12 and -24. Is this what I'm adjusting? For both? What about PEQ?

Hi,

I may need to answer in both places, as well. You just want to implement a low-pass filter on your subwoofers. That will pass (allow) all the subwoofer frequencies below the frequency you select. In this case, I would recommend using the same frequency which you are using for the speaker crossovers and for the LPF of LFE, assuming that the LPF is adjustable on your AVR. I suspect that you would want to use 80Hz for everything. I would use the -24 setting. That will roll-off the subwoofer at a rate of 24db per octave, at frequencies above your low-pass filter.

I wouldn't worry about fooling with the PEQ right now. Just try this first, so that you can listen to one new variable at a time. Later when you are used to the new sound, you can always try some additional mid-bass boost centered at 63Hz if you want to. You may not need to, though. The cascading crossovers already accent the frequencies below 80Hz.

Regards,
Mike

Edit: I just saw your follow-up post. Again, I would just try one new variable at a time. Since you have been using the 20Hz port tune, just leave it there. Then, once you have listened for a while, you can always try changing the port tune to 16Hz to listen for any adverse changes to the sound. Ideally, you can pick-up a little headroom that can be applied to your low-frequencies, as well. But, I would approach this as a process, rather than as a whole group of changes at different frequencies, all occurring at once.
darthray likes this.

GUIDE TO SUBWOOFER CALIBRATION AND BASS PREFERENCES

* The Guide linked above is a comprehensive guide to Audio & HT systems, including:
Speaker placements & Room treatments; HT calibration & Room EQ; Room gain; Bass
Preferences; Subwoofer Buyer's Guide: Sealed/ported; ID subs; Subwoofer placement.

Last edited by mthomas47; 08-05-2018 at 04:35 PM.
post #28721 of 31770 Old 08-05-2018, 04:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Hi,

I may need to answer in both places, as well. You just want to implement a low-pass filter on your subwoofers. That will pass (allow) all the subwoofer frequencies below the frequency you select. In this case, I would recommend using the same frequency which you are using for the speaker crossovers and for the LPF of LFE, assuming that the LPF is adjustable on your AVR. I suspect that you would want to use 80Hz for everything. I would use the -24 setting. That will roll-off the subwoofer at a rate of 24db per octave, at frequencies above your low-pass filter.

I wouldn't worry about fooling with the PEQ right now. Just try this first, so that you can listen to one new variable at a time. Later when you are used to the new sound, you can always try some additional mid-bass boost centered at 63Hz if you want to. You may not need to, though. The cascading crossovers already accent the frequencies below 80Hz.

Regards,
Mike
Appreciate it. I will try that and see how it works. 20hz mode or 16hz mode (1 port closed)?

post #28722 of 31770 Old 08-05-2018, 06:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Also, since you do not need to make a profit, you can choose the highest quality component's, without doing any cut in the design.
Unfortunately for a commercial company, it is just a reality, if you want to stay in business, some do more cuts than others.

Did had some excellent results with the speakers, way back in the late 90's.
Sub wise, not so much.
That said, the quality of the woofers for Sub Woofer, and amps available, were not the same quality as the ones available today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gene4ht View Post
And we Love Pictures around here
Also do not forget to post some in this thread;
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/89-sp...-you-have.html

Ray
mthomas47 and d-rail34 like this.

Last edited by darthray; 08-05-2018 at 07:13 PM.
post #28723 of 31770 Old 08-05-2018, 08:14 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Also, since you do not need to make a profit, you can choose the highest quality component's, without doing any cut in the design.
Unfortunately for a commercial company, it is just a reality, if you want to stay in business, some do more cuts than others.

Did had some excellent results with the speakers, way back in the late 90's.
Sub wise, not so much.
That said, the quality of the woofers for Sub Woofer, and amps available, were not the same quality as the ones available today.

And we Love Pictures around here
Also do not forget to post some in this thread;
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/89-sp...-you-have.html

Ray
Will do. And thanks for the link.
darthray likes this.

post #28724 of 31770 Old 08-06-2018, 11:18 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Just received my SB-4000. Opened it up. No power cord! LOL my luck!
simple man and AmerCa like this.
post #28725 of 31770 Old 08-06-2018, 05:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 2838 Post(s)
Liked: 1811
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacos View Post
DOH!!

Hopefully you've got something spare laying around??

Either way, hopefully SVS will expedite one to you....

7.2.4 System: Display: Sony XBR-65X930D; Processing: Anthem AVM60
Mains:
Paradigm Prestige 85F and 55C; Side / Rear Surrounds: Totem Acoustic Tribe III / Tribe I; Amplification: D-Sonic M3a-2800-7 (7ch. x 400w)
ATMOS:
Definitive Technology DI8R; Amplification: Class D Audio SDS-470C (4ch. x 300w)
Subwoofers:
2 x SVS-SB13Ultras; Media: Oppo UDP-203, Pioneer CLD-59
post #28726 of 31770 Old 08-06-2018, 05:22 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Auto on/off

I have 2 SB-4000s set up identically. Both are set to auto on/off.
One of them starts when it receives a signal and shuts off when there is no signal, as it should.
The other never shuts off. I've seen posts about SVS subs on auto not turning on, but not refusing to turn off.
Any ideas?
Thanks

The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of low price has passed.
post #28727 of 31770 Old 08-06-2018, 06:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas2 View Post
DOH!!

Hopefully you've got something spare laying around??

Either way, hopefully SVS will expedite one to you....

They will

Quote:

Unfortunately, sometime little mistake like this can happen, at the factory.
Just contact SVS, and they will take care of you, in a real fast manner
More likely, they will ship one expedite.

Ray

Last edited by darthray; 08-06-2018 at 06:33 PM.
post #28728 of 31770 Old 08-07-2018, 10:47 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
They will

Unfortunately, sometime little mistake like this can happen, at the factory.
Just contact SVS, and they will take care of you, in a real fast manner
More likely, they will ship one expedite.

Ray
Its no biggie. I ordered through crutchfield as i had a good deal of credit with them. One is on the way.
darthray likes this.
post #28729 of 31770 Old 08-07-2018, 01:11 PM

Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 45
I purchased two SB16s back in May of his year. I know a lot of people have posted here and on other sites about problems with the amps going out. I just got done last week replacing the amp on my second sub as the first one arrived with the amp DOA. The customer service with SVS was first rate for troubleshooting and getting them replaced. I am hoping now for a long, long problem free experience with these subs, but out of the gate they kind of stumbled right on their face. Now that I have two working amps, they do sound very good.
Louis Bartay likes this.

LG 75UH8500 Marantz AV8802A Monster Power PRO ATI AT543NC/AT528NC Oppo UDP-205 Rega RP-8 Xbox One X Xfinity X1V4 4K HDR DVR Slingbox 500 Sonos Connect Amp Apple TV4K Roku Ultra Amazon Fire TVII Nvidia Shield Mac Mini
Adcom GFS-3 Speaker Selector Golden Ear Triton Ref 11.2 SVS SB16x2
post #28730 of 31770 Old 08-07-2018, 01:28 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofsoren View Post
I purchased two SB16s back in May of his year. I know a lot of people have posted here and on other sites about problems with the amps going out. I just got done last week replacing the amp on my second sub as the first one arrived with the amp DOA. The customer service with SVS was first rate for troubleshooting and getting them replaced. I am hoping now for a long, long problem free experience with these subs, but out of the gate they kind of stumbled right on their face. Now that I have two working amps, they do sound very good.
It has been disappointing as a supporter of SVS seeing so many failures, but it does seem to be pretty sporadic rather than steady. I bought 2 SB16s when they first came out in the fall of 2016 and I had both amps replaced immediately due to the issue with the amps not powering down with the auto off feature (not really an amp failure, more likely a programming issue). SVS made the process super easy and I've had around 20 months of near daily use since with zero issues. Hopefully they are able to eliminate some of these issues as the subs are outstanding otherwise.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Denon X4200W
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, CDT-5800-C II's
SVS SB-16 Ultra x 2 / Emotiva XPA-5 Gen2
Sony XBR75X940D
XBox One X
post #28731 of 31770 Old 08-07-2018, 05:55 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebdixson View Post
It has been disappointing as a supporter of SVS seeing so many failures, but it does seem to be pretty sporadic rather than steady. I bought 2 SB16s when they first came out in the fall of 2016 and I had both amps replaced immediately due to the issue with the amps not powering down with the auto off feature (not really an amp failure, more likely a programming issue). SVS made the process super easy and I've had around 20 months of near daily use since with zero issues. Hopefully they are able to eliminate some of these issues as the subs are outstanding otherwise.

I posted yesterday about one of my SB4000s not shutting down with auto on/off but no one replied. Does that sound like the issue you had? Is the solution to replace the amp?

Original post follows:
One of them starts when it receives a signal and shuts off when there is no signal, as it should.
The other never shuts off. I've seen posts about SVS subs on auto not turning on, but not refusing to turn off.
Any ideas?
Thanks

The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of low price has passed.
post #28732 of 31770 Old 08-07-2018, 06:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabillyhop View Post
I posted yesterday about one of my SB4000s not shutting down with auto on/off but no one replied. Does that sound like the issue you had? Is the solution to replace the amp?

Original post follows:
Any ideas?
Thanks

The only thing, I can think about if they are getting the same amount of signal, from the AVR (check your calibration level, in case one got drop a lot) and both subs are set at the same level (ie, both are set at noon or 10 o'clock or …).

Maybe a bad switch, on the amp of the sub.

Have contacted SVS?
Ed and jack, and also the rest of the team, are real fast to deal with issues, like yours.

Ray

Last edited by darthray; 08-07-2018 at 06:25 PM.
post #28733 of 31770 Old 08-07-2018, 08:05 PM
Advanced Member

Thanks Ray,
There is no noon or 10 o'clock or switches, its an electronic setup. Both are exactly the same, set at -10db as recommended by SVS. The issue is that when everything is powered off (prepro and amps) the subs should shut themselves off. One does, one doesn't. That sounds like the issue @ebdixson mentioned and replaced the amps to fix. Not sure.

It's a minor issue, don't know that I'd want the hassle of changing an amp to fix it. I'll call SVS when I'm back in town.

Cheers

post #28734 of 31770 Old 08-07-2018, 08:18 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 135
Quote:

Original post follows:
Any ideas?
Thanks
This definitely sounds like the issue that plagued a great deal of the initial batch of subs when they first released the new Ultras. I got both of my amps replaced since the process was quick, but they were both fully functional and it was more so just to eliminate the subs staying powered on longer than necessary.

Denon X4200W
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, CDT-5800-C II's
SVS SB-16 Ultra x 2 / Emotiva XPA-5 Gen2
Sony XBR75X940D
XBox One X
post #28735 of 31770 Old 08-09-2018, 09:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 359 Post(s)
Liked: 822
Quote:

Original post follows:
Any ideas?
Thanks
The three power modes are Auto, On and Trigger. Make sure both amps are set to Auto. After 20 minutes of no signal, the amp will drop into standby along with 'Goodbye' on the display.

The display mode is unrelated to the power mode. Most customer select Off and 10 SEC for the display mode. It will illuminate when using the menu and then go dark after 10 seconds of non-use.

If you select Volume or Logo, it will revert back to either the Volume setting or the model (SVS SB-4000) as the display setting.

If the amp doesn't drop into standby when set in Auto mode, contact Customer Service at [email protected] and we'll take care of you.

Ed Mullen
Director - Technology and Customer Service
SVS

"What We Do In Life, Echoes In Eternity"
post #28736 of 31770 Old 08-09-2018, 10:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Its no biggie. I ordered through crutchfield as i had a good deal of credit with them. One is on the way.
Sorry about that! Sometimes the power cord is tucked into a little cubby hole cut into the top or bottom foam tray and it's super easy to miss. But either way I'm glad you have one on the way.

Ed Mullen
SVS

post #28737 of 31770 Old 08-09-2018, 11:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbroadus View Post
I have a SVS PC-2000 sub that I need to put in storage and I believe I heard that SVS will sell their shipping boxes, is this correct?
We can sell you the full inner/outer packaging for a PC-2000. The price is $59.99 and that includes shipping (which is a good chunk of that cost) anywhere in CONUS.
Louis Bartay and Magellan55 like this.

Ed Mullen
SVS

post #28738 of 31770 Old 08-09-2018, 04:44 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 307 Post(s)
Liked: 236
I need one more

I already own one SVS SB2000 in white for my great room, but I may need a second one for my master bedroom in 4-6 months.
That said, I see they have been discontinued!

Anyone have inside knowledge if this sub will be coming back in white? Need it in white only.

Thanks!

3 Hometheaters
Samsung 65" UHDTV (UN65KS8000)
Marantz SR5012 & KEF R Series Speakers
6 HDTV's. Desktop PC, XB360, XB1X & XB1
100+ Games. XBox Live GT: NetGod
post #28739 of 31770 Old 08-09-2018, 07:43 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Mullen View Post
The three power modes are Auto, On and Trigger. Make sure both amps are set to Auto. After 20 minutes of no signal, the amp will drop into standby along with 'Goodbye' on the display.

The display mode is unrelated to the power mode. Most customer select Off and 10 SEC for the display mode. It will illuminate when using the menu and then go dark after 10 seconds of non-use.

If you select Volume or Logo, it will revert back to either the Volume setting or the model (SVS SB-4000) as the display setting.

If the amp doesn't drop into standby when set in Auto mode, contact Customer Service at [email protected] and we'll take care of you.
Thanks Ed. I'm out of town but I'll check this out on the weekend. It's possible that both units are powering off properly but the display mode is set differently. I'll report back when I check it out.

post #28740 of 31770 Old 08-09-2018, 08:22 PM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 1898 Post(s)
Liked: 1820
Hey guys, I'm installing a new receiver this weekend so will be recalibrating everything. I'd like to open up one of my PC13 ultras to see if it's wired backwards before I start. Without the SVS tool I'm scared to try pulling the driver out tho. Would it be easier to pull the amp out to check everything?

Someone mentioned testing with a 9 volt battery. How would I go about this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Speaker Systems , Svs , svs pb-2000 , Svs Pb1000 10 Inch 300 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Pb12 Nsd Black Vinyl 12 Inch Powered Subwoofer , svs pb12 plus , Svs Pb13 Ultra , svs pc-4000 , Svs Pc12 Nsd 12 Inch 400 Watt Powered Cylinder Subwoofer , Svs Pc12 Ultra , Svs Sb1000 12 Inch 300 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb12 Nsd Charcoal Black Vinyl 12 Inch 400 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb13 Ultra Piano Gloss 13 Inch 1000 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb2000

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page