Official SVS Owners/Support Thread. - Page 986 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 44459Likes

post #29551 of 31357 Old 11-14-2018, 12:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2678 Post(s)
Liked: 2465
No PC version is a fail. Also tuning is both ports open or both ports plugged. At a price greater than the PB12+ and no PC3000 version it doesn't look like much if any improvement.

I hope the PC version is coming. @edmullen
j4894 likes this.

Klipsch RF-62II, RC-500, RS-400, SVS PC12+,
Def Tech SC8000
Onkyo RZ820
Roku Ultra, Apple TV, Sharp 70" Quattron
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #29552 of 31357 Old 11-14-2018, 01:24 PM
AVS ***** Member

Mentioned: 324 Post(s)
Quoted: 5372 Post(s)
Liked: 10027
Quote:
Originally Posted by tezster View Post
Hmm... I wonder if it would be worthwhile upgrading to an SB3000 from the SB2000?

I do think the price point is on the high side. And based on the photos, it looks like they're using the same cheap plastic feet from the SB2000.

In my case, it's only a worthwhile consideration because the size is only slightly larger than my SB2000, and SVS have a number of Canadian dealers which I could order from. I can't make room for anything bigger in my current space (otherwise, I'd probably go for ID 15" sealed subs).

FWIW, I think that it would be a pretty good upgrade, depending on Canadian prices. In the US, the difference would only be $300, and I think you would be getting a lot for your money--depending of course on your interests.

The obvious things are the slightly larger cabinet volume, slightly larger driver, and slightly more powerful amplifier. I believe that the combination of all three will add up to about 3db more output. But, the SB3000 also gives you access to more user adjustability, if you want to take advantage of that. I have heard some people suggest that most people don't ever use those features, but I have noticed quite a few Ultra owners, on this thread, comment that they do.

I have never personally used the smartphone app, but it is there if you want it. What I have found very helpful is the front-mounted digital display with the remote control. That makes adjustments pretty easy. I think that the bottom-line is that the SB3000 is an all-around better quality subwoofer than the SB2000. I think that the 3000, 4000 Ultra, and 16 Ultra lines were intended to represent both qualitative and technological advances over the models they replaced. And, from all accounts they have been successful.

To be perfectly fair, I really wish that SVS would get their act together on the amp Quality Control issue. It's been disappointingly bad lately. On the plus side, the service after the sale is terrific, and that's not something that we can say about some other brands. Also to be fair, there is nothing wrong with the small hard rubber feet that SVS puts on its subwoofers. Some subwoofers don't come with feet at all. And, it's not like they serve much useful purpose.

Are SVS subwoofers a good value compared to other subwoofers? That depends on whom you ask. From a sheer output standpoint, there are definitely better values available. Do you personally like the cabinet design and finish, and the additional technology/convenience features that the higher-end models offer? Or, the Customer Bill-of-Rights? If so, then maybe they are.

When I recommend subwoofers to other people, I tend to concentrate on performance--output, because that's quantifiable. And, I figure that other people can decide for themselves what the other things are worth to them. So, I may not recommend SVS subwoofers, over another model, based solely on performance for price. But, if you already know that you like SVS subwoofers, I think that the SB3000 is worth $300 more than the SB2000. Of course, YMMV, but that's my personal opinion for what its worth.

Regards,
Mike
gene4ht, darthray, tezster and 3 others like this.

GUIDE TO SUBWOOFER CALIBRATION AND BASS PREFERENCES

* The Guide linked above is a comprehensive guide to Audio & HT systems, including:
Speaker placements & Room treatments; HT calibration & Room EQ; Room gain; Bass
Preferences; Subwoofer Buyer's Guide: Sealed/ported; ID subs; Subwoofer placement.
post #29553 of 31357 Old 11-14-2018, 01:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1539 Post(s)
Liked: 859
The earlier gen - PC-12+, PC13 Ultra, were true value leaders and great subs. Since then SVS has become much more of a mass market company than ID, prices have gone up for same performance, the highlights are the smartphone app (which is a great feature, of course).

I asked in Svs chat about the PC-3000, was told there was no internal communication about it.

As for tuning flexibility, again I think Svs weighed their target consumer and the configurability vs ease-of-use balance and decided on what makes sense for them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #29554 of 31357 Old 11-14-2018, 02:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1300 Post(s)
Liked: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIX_MASTER_ICE View Post
Interesting that they went with 2 ports for the 3k series, whereas the previous Plus line had three ports. Have to see how it shakes out, but that would appear to be a step backwards as far as tuning flexibility goes.
Seems like a step backward for sure.

How are they gonna say that the PB3000 is better then the PB12plus even??

Sony 75Z9D, Samsung 65JS9500
Monitor Audio Gold 200(2), Gold 350, Gold 50(2), Gold CT280-IDC(4). SVS PC4000(2).
NAD 758, Anthem MCA-5
Apple TV 4K, Nvidea Shield. Mac Mini (2018). Samsung UHD BluRay and X-Box One X. 14 Sonos
post #29555 of 31357 Old 11-14-2018, 02:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Where the heck is the PC3000???

Monitor Audio Gold 200(2), Gold 350, Gold 50(2), Gold CT280-IDC(4). SVS PC4000(2).
NAD 758, Anthem MCA-5
Apple TV 4K, Nvidea Shield. Mac Mini (2018). Samsung UHD BluRay and X-Box One X. 14 Sonos
post #29556 of 31357 Old 11-14-2018, 03:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 2094 Post(s)
Liked: 2979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirosamsung View Post
No PC3000??

From what I saw, on the SVS site, and the video. It doesn't look like-it at the moment. May one will be added in the future for new series. Also could not find the prices on the site, but listening to the video, it say below $1000 USD, so more likely $999.00 for the PB, and the SB should be a little lower.

Ray
post #29557 of 31357 Old 11-14-2018, 03:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islandborn View Post
Morning fellas. So Just got off the phone with SVS. Like I thought, they think it's a bad amp and the easiest fix would be to ship me out a replacement amp. Pretty pissed off that I have to go through all of this crap. I spent almost 4K on brand new sub woofers and I have to fix it myself now. I was going to just go with a replacement but seeing how I have to wait for shipping again and next week being Thanksgiving, it seems easier and faster to go with the amp swap. Pretty disappointed in SVS products to be honest. One of the things I learned in my weeks of research was finding a lot of people reporting problems with the sledge amplifiers. Oh well, the amp should be here on Friday, so hopefully i'll get it swapped out and all will be fixed.
While the Slege amp seem to have more failure, than the previous BASH amp.
It is very hard to tell what percentage it is, since they most sell a lots of subs worldwide, using the sledge amp.
And now a day, with many various forums, reporting a fail amp is more easy.
The percentage still could be very small.

Ray
gene4ht and Louis Bartay like this.

Last edited by darthray; 11-14-2018 at 03:31 PM.
post #29558 of 31357 Old 11-14-2018, 03:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Looks like we'll never get a performance $1,000 sub from SVS to compete with the likes of the VTF-3.5 or V1510DF. It's understandable considering all the perks you get but $1,399 seems a bit steep.
post #29559 of 31357 Old 11-14-2018, 03:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthray View Post
From what I saw, on the SVS site, and the video. It doesn't look like-it at the moment. May one will be added in the future for new series. Also could not find the prices on the site, but listening to the video, it say below $1000 USD, so more likely $999.00 for the PB, and the SB should be a little lower.

Ray
The SB3000 in black ash is $999 the PB3000 is $1399 in black ash.
darthray likes this.

Def Tech SC8000
Onkyo RZ820
post #29560 of 31357 Old 11-14-2018, 03:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
It is very hard to tell what percentage it is, since they most sell a lots of subs worldwide, using the sledge amp.

Ray
Quote:
Originally Posted by mthomas47 View Post
FWIW, I think that it would be a pretty good upgrade, depending on Canadian prices. In the US, the difference would only be $300, and I think you would be getting a lot for your money--depending of course on your interests.

The obvious things are the slightly larger cabinet volume, slightly larger driver, and slightly more powerful amplifier. I believe that the combination of all three will add up to about 3db more output. But, the SB3000 also gives you access to more user adjustability, if you want to take advantage of that. I have heard some people suggest that most people don't ever use those features, but I have noticed quite a few Ultra owners, on this thread, comment that they do.

I have never personally used the smartphone app, but it is there if you want it. What I have found very helpful is the front-mounted digital display with the remote control. That makes adjustments pretty easy. I think that the bottom-line is that the SB3000 is an all-around better quality subwoofer than the SB2000. I think that the 3000, 4000 Ultra, and 16 Ultra lines were intended to represent both qualitative and technological advances over the models they replaced. And, from all accounts they have been successful.

To be perfectly fair, I really wish that SVS would get their act together on the amp Quality Control issue. It's been disappointingly bad lately. On the plus side, the service after the sale is terrific, and that's not something that we can say about some other brands. Also to be fair, there is nothing wrong with the small hard rubber feet that SVS puts on its subwoofers. Some subwoofers don't come with feet at all. And, it's not like they serve much useful purpose.

Are SVS subwoofers a good value compared to other subwoofers? That depends on whom you ask. From a sheer output standpoint, there are definitely better values available. Do you personally like the cabinet design and finish, and the additional technology/convenience features that the higher-end models offer? Or, the Customer Bill-of-Rights? If so, then maybe they are.

When I recommend subwoofers to other people, I tend to concentrate on performance--output, because that's quantifiable. And, I figure that other people can decide for themselves what the other things are worth to them. So, I may not recommend SVS subwoofers, over another model, based solely on performance for price. But, if you already know that you like SVS subwoofers, I think that the SB3000 is worth $300 more than the SB2000. Of course, YMMV, but that's my personal opinion for what its worth.

Regards,
Mike

Hi Mike

For those amp failure, it is really hard to say what percentage it is. SVS products are very easy to access worldwide, now a day, and they most sell a lot of subs. Only SVS would know the real number. It could be high as it seem reading forums like this one, or it could be on the low side, since more and more people, now a day use forums like this one.

On the plus side, as you said. There customer service is always Outstanding.
I find most ID companies, do take care of their customer, after sales.
Not so much from many mega brands, sold everywhere.
The auto industries, could also learn a few things from these ID brands, about customer service, instead of trying to bone you for extra money

Darth

Last edited by darthray; 11-14-2018 at 03:55 PM.
post #29561 of 31357 Old 11-14-2018, 03:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kini62 View Post
The SB3000 in black ash is $999 the PB3000 is $1399 in black ash.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated

I could not find it on their web site, just heard below $1000 USD, before I lost the feed of the video.

Ray
post #29562 of 31357 Old 11-14-2018, 04:22 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Hey guys, quick question. I have a PB12 Ultra/2 I bought new in 04. I've recently been looking for another one ( or even a Plus/2) to even out response in my new room and I'm not having any luck. My question is what would be a good match for the old Ultra/2 from the new lineup? Or I haven't looked for a new sub in years so I'm not up to speed on the new stuff.
I run the Ultra/2 in the 16hz tune fwiw.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Marantz SR6011 * Outlaw Model 750 * M&K S-150 LCR * M&K SS-150 Surrounds * M&K 750 Back Surrounds * JBL In Ceiling Atmos * FI IB318v2 x4
post #29563 of 31357 Old 11-14-2018, 05:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Quoted: 1968 Post(s)
Liked: 2656
Quote:
Pretty disappointed in SVS products to be honest. One of the things I learned in my weeks of research was finding a lot of people reporting problems with the sledge amplifiers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mthomas47 View Post
To be perfectly fair, I really wish that SVS would get their act together on the amp Quality Control issue. It's been disappointingly bad lately. On the plus side, the service after the sale is terrific, and that's not something that we can say about some other brands.
Quote:

Just wanted to weigh in on the amp failure issue. SVS is not alone in this matter. Recent product failures raising consumer concerns include for example Onkyo's AVR HDMI board failures and Epson's power supply failures on it's 5040/6040 model projectors. Even though there appears to be large numbers of failures, @darthray is correct in that what's reported in enthusiast forums cannot accurately reflect actual worldwide failure rates and only the manufacturers know the true extent. Given that this is the case, the important question is what is the manufacturer's responsibility in these scenario's? In all the examples above, affected consumers all acknowledged that each manufacturer had expeditiously addressed the issue to their satisfaction. So customer satisfaction in this regard doesn't necessarily appear to be at issue. Then the question, as @mthomas47 indicated, of quality and process control must be examined. In today's information age, is it incumbent of manufacturers to share their findings and solutions? It would seem that today full transparency is a favorable attribute. While we're also aware that corporate cultures and quarterly earnings dictate a company's behavior, it's also easy to see that transparent enterprises will ultimately earn the trust, loyalty, and sales of consumers. My apologies for veering a bit OT...
darthray and mthomas47 like this.

Epson: 5040UB | Elite: 115" Fixed Frame CinemaScope (2.35:1) | Onkyo: TX-RZ920 + M-5010 (7.2.4) | Klipsch: RF-7 II's, RC-64 II, RS-62 II, RB-61 II MICCA: M-8C (Atmos) x 6 | SVS: PB16-Ultra x 2 | Philips: BDP7501, Panasonic: DMP UB900, Oppo: UDP-203
post #29564 of 31357 Old 11-14-2018, 05:42 PM
AVS ***** Member

Mentioned: 324 Post(s)
Quoted: 5372 Post(s)
Liked: 10027
^^^

I was going to let the amp failure issue go, when Darth @darthray quoted me, and offered an explanation based on the proportion of units sold. But, now Gene @gene4ht has also quoted me on the issue, with an excellent post of his own, so I guess I had better respond.

I have been using the quantity explanation for almost two years now, in numerous posts on several threads, since the 16 Ultra series was first introduced. But, honestly, it has worn a little thin for me now. I monitor all of the ID sub maker threads on an occasional basis, and several of them on a fairly constant basis. And, I am pretty confident in saying that the failure rate of the amps that were introduced, starting in late 2016, is excessive in comparison to any of the other ID makers.

To anyone reading this, I will add that I am a long-time and satisfied SVS subwoofer owner, with four of their newer models. But, there is loyalty and there is objectivity, and I always try to keep the two things separate in my mind. Objectively speaking, SVS needs to up its game from a quality control standpoint. Obviously, I have no idea what it would take to do that, or what measures might already have been taken in an effort to improve things.

The reason I remain a satisfied SVS customer is first, because I like their subwoofers, and second, because I believe that it is about as customer-friendly an operation as anyone could wish. Their trade-in program seems fair to me, their support is always just a phone call away, and if there is a problem, SVS will try to take care of it pronto. I merely wish that there were a way for SVS to implement more rigorous design or production standards, so that there would be fewer problems to start with.

In my opinion, every subwoofer maker has some strengths, and some corresponding weaknesses. Name an ID subwoofer company, and I know of some strengths and some weaknesses. SVS is no exception. And, like most customers, I want to have my cake and eat it too. I want to enjoy the strengths of my product/service, while improving the weaknesses. That is about as balanced a viewpoint as I can offer on the subject.

Regards,
Mike

GUIDE TO SUBWOOFER CALIBRATION AND BASS PREFERENCES

* The Guide linked above is a comprehensive guide to Audio & HT systems, including:
Speaker placements & Room treatments; HT calibration & Room EQ; Room gain; Bass
Preferences; Subwoofer Buyer's Guide: Sealed/ported; ID subs; Subwoofer placement.

Last edited by mthomas47; 11-14-2018 at 05:50 PM.
post #29565 of 31357 Old 11-14-2018, 06:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

These aren't cheap purchases for most people. And Svs is no longer after the Avsforum hardcore enthusiast, they are more mass market.

The Svs customer support, trade in, free trial, etc their whole 'bill of rights' is now pretty much unique in the industry AFAIK. For most people, it goes a long way esp when they can get helpful advice and a great product that may not be the absolute best for price but is still in the top 10%.

For the hardcore people, I'd think the PB-3000 is in direct competition with the Monoprice Monolith THX-15 which has rave reviews.
post #29566 of 31357 Old 11-14-2018, 06:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defcon View Post
These aren't cheap purchases for most people. And Svs is no longer after the Avsforum hardcore enthusiast, they are more mass market.

The Svs customer support, trade in, free trial, etc their whole 'bill of rights' is now pretty much unique in the industry AFAIK. For most people, it goes a long way esp when they can get helpful advice and a great product that may not be the absolute best for price but is still in the top 10%.

For the hardcore people, I'd think the PB-3000 is in direct competition with the Monoprice Monolith THX-15 which has rave reviews.
Unless SVS made the PB3000 as powerful as the PB4000 it's not really direct competition for the Mono 15. Audioholics has in depth reviews of the PB4000 and Mono 15 and they're pretty much identical in overall performance with the Mono having a little more under 20hz and the PB a little more in the mid bass.

IMO $1399 for the PB3000 is too much. $1199 would be a much better price point. $999 for the SB3000 looks to be a decent price depending on the performance of course.

Def Tech SC8000
Onkyo RZ820
post #29567 of 31357 Old 11-14-2018, 06:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Unless SVS made the PB3000 as powerful as the PB4000 it's not really direct competition for the Mono 15. Audioholics has in depth reviews of the PB4000 and Mono 15 and they're pretty much identical in overall performance with the Mono having a little more under 20hz and the PB a little more in the mid bass.

IMO $1399 for the PB3000 is too much. $1199 would be a much better price point. $999 for the SB3000 looks to be a decent price depending on the performance of course.
The $1300 Mono THX-15 is as good as a $1900 PB-4000? Sounds like a bargain. Then why is it not more popular here? You hardly hear anyone even mention it outside the one thread. Just because its not by a 'cool' company.
post #29568 of 31357 Old 11-14-2018, 06:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
The $1300 Mono THX-15 is as good as a $1900 PB-4000? Sounds like a bargain. Then why is it not more popular here? You hardly hear anyone even mention it outside the one thread. Just because its not by a 'cool' company.
I think it's quite popular. The issue most have is buying something that expensive that comes with hit or miss CS. If it were me shopping at that price point I'd get the Rythmik FV15HP and not bother with worrying about the CS.

Also as you know SVS cannot compete on price/performance ratio with the other ID brands. They do offer other benefits to help with the higher price.

Def Tech SC8000
Onkyo RZ820
post #29569 of 31357 Old 11-14-2018, 06:48 PM

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Question for the group. When daisy chaining two PB16 Ultras, do I need to run just one single sub RCA from line out to line in (on sub #2 )? Or do I need to use Y connectors between the sub RCA for line out R and L into the line in R and L of the 2nd sub? Or do I plug into LFE jack on 2nd sub?

Greatly appreciate the guidance,
Nathan
post #29570 of 31357 Old 11-14-2018, 06:49 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
My SVS Android app just updated, and the description of the update says, "...SVS app now works with SVS SB-3000, PB-3000 and PC-3000 models." It seems like they certainly intend or intended at some point to make a PC-3000.
post #29571 of 31357 Old 11-14-2018, 07:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I think it's quite popular. The issue most have is buying something that expensive that comes with hit or miss CS. If it were me shopping at that price point I'd get the Rythmik FV15HP and not bother with worrying about the CS.

Also as you know SVS cannot compete on price/performance ratio with the other ID brands. They do offer other benefits to help with the higher price.
I think the benefits of dsp via an easy phone app might be underestimated by most here.
post #29572 of 31357 Old 11-14-2018, 08:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 1202 Post(s)
Liked: 1009
Quote:
Originally Posted by drhjean View Post
My SVS Android app just updated, and the description of the update says, "...SVS app now works with SVS SB-3000, PB-3000 and PC-3000 models." It seems like they certainly intend or intended at some point to make a PC-3000.
Well that's an interesting piece of information. The iOS app update just says compatibility with SB-3000 and PB-3000.

LG OLED65C7P (Chad B Calibrated) | Denon X4300H | Tivo Roamio OTA | Nvidia Shield | ATV 4K | Oppo UDP-203 | Plex server
5.2.4 | Front Klipsch RP-160M x2 | Center Klipsch RP-450C | Surrounds Klipsch RP-150M x2 | Atmos Klipsch RP-140SA x 4 | Subs SVS PC-4000 x 2
post #29573 of 31357 Old 11-14-2018, 08:18 PM

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Guys got the new replacement amp for my pb4000. Took them 3 days to get me the replacement and installing it was easy as pie. Have to say best customer service I have ever received. Scott Miller who was my tech advisor was amazing and took time to make sure that there wasn't any issues with the sub. Love a company that stands by there products and svs definitely does. Now I can go back to watching movies and listening to music in bliss.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
post #29574 of 31357 Old 11-14-2018, 10:27 PM

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophizee View Post
Guys got the new replacement amp for my pb4000. Took them 3 days to get me the replacement and installing it was easy as pie. Have to say best customer service I have ever received. Scott Miller who was my tech advisor was amazing and took time to make sure that there wasn't any issues with the sub. Love a company that stands by there products and svs definitely does. Now I can go back to watching movies and listening to music in bliss.

Hello. I have the same issue and my New PB 4000 amp replacement will be here Friday. Any tips or recommendations you can give on making the amp swap easy and painless as possible? Thanks
post #29575 of 31357 Old 11-15-2018, 02:35 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Apparently I have 2 bad amps from my SB4000's that I am awaiting replacements for. The other day noticed that no lows coming from my system and it was driving me nuts trying to find out why both subs were out. I seriously thought that there was a problem with my receiver which I reset multiple times as hey what are the chances that both subs could be bad? Like hitting the lottery!! Finally called SVS customer service they had me do the alternate source test which I did on both subs and they failed. Next did the bump test which worked so they knew it was the amps that were bad. The thinking is that we had a power outage and maybe the amps blew from the surge. Sensitive little buggers if you ask me! So while awaiting the amps I also ordered a couple surge protectors for them as well. Surprised that there seems to be no protection internally in the circuitry for this kind of problem. Kudo's to SVS for the quick response and help in solving this problem. Hopefully all's well that ends well!
post #29576 of 31357 Old 11-15-2018, 03:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Quote:

The problem for people in Canada is we can’t really get Rythmik or Psu subs as there is only an SVS authorized retailer....

NAD 758, Anthem MCA-5
post #29577 of 31357 Old 11-15-2018, 03:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by confinoj View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drhjean View Post
Well that's an interesting piece of information. The iOS app update just says compatibility with SB-3000 and PB-3000.
I emailed them and they said they don’t intend to have an PC3000

I would be very interested in a PC3000 if they did

NAD 758, Anthem MCA-5
post #29578 of 31357 Old 11-15-2018, 04:02 AM

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 51
It's very simple procedure. So first you have to unplug the unit from the wall so you don't shock yourself. They are 10 3m hex screws around the amp in the rear, remove those carefully but don't worry if you scuff a screw they send replacement ones with the new amp. Once the screws are out (SVS recommends a different way to actually get the sub out from it's housing) What I did was take a very thin flat head screwdriver and wrapped in electrical tape. A very thin layer and worked it around the edge within seconds the amp was partially out so the rest I slowly pulled back with my hands. Remember they are connectors so you have to be careful. Once the amp is out they are two connectors one for the display the other for the sub. Remove those and your done. Installing the new amp is basically everything in reverse. Just remember not to over tighten the screws. And make sure when reinstalling the connectors that you don't bend the pins on the amp. They seem very delicate. It seriously easy as hell for anyone you shouldn't have any problems.
Quote:
Hello. I have the same issue and my New PB 4000 amp replacement will be here Friday. Any tips or recommendations you can give on making the amp swap easy and painless as possible? Thanks
post #29579 of 31357 Old 11-15-2018, 06:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggles View Post
Question for the group. When daisy chaining two PB16 Ultras, do I need to run just one single sub RCA from line out to line in (on sub #2 )? Or do I need to use Y connectors between the sub RCA for line out R and L into the line in R and L of the 2nd sub? Or do I plug into LFE jack on 2nd sub?

Greatly appreciate the guidance,
Nathan

If your AVR has two sub outputs, I would use two RCA cables, from each of the AVR output to each sub input.
Most AVR, with two subs output, will adjust the volume of each sub during calibration, and do all it's adjustment as one sub.

If your AVR has only one sub output, the one RCA cable from the AVR output, to your first sub input.
Then from your first sub output, one more RCA to the second sub input, using the R or L sides, do not matter.
You will also require to adjust the sub level, manually. So they both play at the same level.

Ray
mthomas47 likes this.

Last edited by darthray; 11-15-2018 at 07:06 AM.
post #29580 of 31357 Old 11-15-2018, 10:34 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Cascading Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigzee3 View Post
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to check if I'm doing this right. Mike has mentioned it lots of time as well as I few others so I was reading about it and this is my understanding. Firstly set all speaker crossover in AVR to 80hz or 90hz. Then lower the the low frequency in AVR from default 120hz to match the selected speaker crossover. Third set the LPF in the sub menu to the same setting as the first step. I guessing this is right. Just one other thing should I disable any other PEQs that I might be using in the presets and also does any extra db boost post Audysessy have any effect.
Hi guys,

Decided to give cascading crossovers a try and thought Id share my opinions. Firstly it was easy to set up and took about two minutes. In the AVR all crossovers set to 80hz. Sub LPF set to 80hz and Slope to 24 and PEQs removed. Extra two db boost in AVR from original Audysessy calibration was left as is and DEQ was left on at flat setting for music. Now my sub volume was at -17 after Audysessy calibration as well. Was only doing an iTunes test from the iPhone plugged straight into the AVR. Music used was Dire Straits Brothers in Arms album and Taylor Swift Reputation. Wanted to good totally opposites. Listened to both at -25 my usual music volume and set set sub volume to -21 to negate the DEQ boost and both styles sounded really nice. To me it sounded cleaner if that's the right word. Mains were more prominent and bass wasn't overpowering at least for the Dire Straits album. For Taylor it had more output but not to overpowering. I tried both with the PEQs back on and it sounded muddy and less natural. I guess it obviously different types of music will give different results. Anyway will do some movie testing over the weekend and will report back. Thanks Mike and Ray for all you great advice and patience's with us less knowledgeable folk.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Speaker Systems , Svs , svs pb-2000 , Svs Pb1000 10 Inch 300 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Pb12 Nsd Black Vinyl 12 Inch Powered Subwoofer , svs pb12 plus , Svs Pb13 Ultra , svs pc-4000 , Svs Pc12 Nsd 12 Inch 400 Watt Powered Cylinder Subwoofer , Svs Pc12 Ultra , Svs Sb1000 12 Inch 300 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb12 Nsd Charcoal Black Vinyl 12 Inch 400 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb13 Ultra Piano Gloss 13 Inch 1000 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb2000

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page