Seaton Sound SubMersive1 - Page 360 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 874Likes

post #10771 of 10805 Old 03-19-2019, 02:08 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 42
you really should give Mark time to respond, I believe he was out of the office for a few days

and since its under warr I would do that

Kevin
----------
Motor City Custom Audio
Bringing you Custom subwoofer kits, with flames if you want
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10772 of 10805 Old 03-19-2019, 06:40 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 238 Post(s)
Quoted: 5457 Post(s)
Liked: 4951
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandbagger View Post
you really should give Mark time to respond, I believe he was out of the office for a few days

Read the last 25 or so posts….
jamiebosco and scottiemon like this.
post #10773 of 10805 Old 03-19-2019, 08:37 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandbagger View Post

You can’t be serious.....Jamie Bosco has been waiting a year for a warranty issue. Just search the forum here. He is not alone.
jamiebosco and CallingMrBenzo like this.

My humble little 3.1 system:
65" LG OLED
Yamaha TSR-7810
2 JBL Studio 580 Towers and a 520C center
Power Sound Audio V1500
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10774 of 10805 Old 03-20-2019, 12:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 124
@sandbagger , Mark and I go back a long ways. (I am sure you and him go back farther) He has promised me several times in E-Mails the a he would do something for me that has not happened. If he would just level with me (US) what is going on & why, it would certainly sit better than broken promises with me. (Us)
jamiebosco and scottiemon like this.

--Carl
post #10775 of 10805 Old 03-20-2019, 04:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 752 Post(s)
Liked: 348
post #10776 of 10805 Old 03-20-2019, 12:31 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 49
I used to be a huge Seaton sound fan. Like all the posts above, I thought the people who complained about Marks service were crazy. That was until I was on the other end and got no calls and no responses. This went on for two years while I posted here and most said i was crazy and that I wasnt presenting both sides of the story. Now I see the same continues.

While I think Mark is a great person and a nice guy, he is not the best of business men. What initially drew me to this cottage industry of speakers and subwoofers was the service and support that they gave. if this is not there then you might as well enjoy the reliability of a big name business (not starting argument here).

It is a shame that this continues through out the years. This is not new for Mark. I have moved on from Seaton sound and it is a shame as the product really is a great product but without the service and supprt, the product is not great enough to make up for the lack of items previously mentioned.

All i can say from my experience (and I have 5 seaton subs in my theater) is that there is no excuse for this type of service nor will it change with time.
post #10777 of 10805 Old 03-20-2019, 01:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 953 Post(s)
Liked: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu View Post
Well I emailed him and called. It's been 24 hours. No response yet...

I'm guessing it's an amplifier that went bad?

If that's the case and I'm out of warranty, I have a question. Say the amp is dead in my SubMersive HP+. Could I buy another active Seaton sub and turn my current one into a slave unit?

I don't think I'm out of warranty I purchased it in June of 2014 so I'm within five years which is what I believe he lists on his website.
Yes, this is do-able. I had two old SubM-HPs with the previous generation amps and I pulled out both amps, replaced one with the newest generation and the other with the blank-plate (which just has the speak-on connector). You'd probably have to talk to Mark to get the plate shipped, but it's possible.
post #10778 of 10805 Old 03-20-2019, 01:58 PM
QuadMersed in bass!

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 625 Post(s)
Liked: 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWarrior View Post
Yes, this is do-able. I had two old SubM-HPs with the previous generation amps and I pulled out both amps, replaced one with the newest generation and the other with the blank-plate (which just has the speak-on connector). You'd probably have to talk to Mark to get the plate shipped, but it's possible.

Same here. I posted a video on how to pull the amps, since I am in Chicago, and Mark came to my house.

Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
post #10779 of 10805 Old 03-20-2019, 03:58 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Liked: 158
Sorry to quote so many people but just want some clarity here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottiemon View Post
You can’t be serious.....Jamie Bosco has been waiting a year for a warranty issue. Just search the forum here. He is not alone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by calentz View Post
@sandbagger , Mark and I go back a long ways. (I am sure you and him go back farther) He has promised me several times in E-Mails the a he would do something for me that has not happened. If he would just level with me (US) what is going on & why, it would certainly sit better than broken promises with me. (Us)
So some people have reached out for that long of a period of time without either resolution or a response?!?!?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpete12 View Post
I used to be a huge Seaton sound fan. Like all the posts above, I thought the people who complained about Marks service were crazy. That was until I was on the other end and got no calls and no responses. This went on for two years while I posted here and most said i was crazy and that I wasnt presenting both sides of the story. Now I see the same continues.

While I think Mark is a great person and a nice guy, he is not the best of business men. What initially drew me to this cottage industry of speakers and subwoofers was the service and support that they gave. if this is not there then you might as well enjoy the reliability of a big name business (not starting argument here).

It is a shame that this continues through out the years. This is not new for Mark. I have moved on from Seaton sound and it is a shame as the product really is a great product but without the service and supprt, the product is not great enough to make up for the lack of items previously mentioned.

All i can say from my experience (and I have 5 seaton subs in my theater) is that there is no excuse for this type of service nor will it change with time.
Back in 2014 when I bought the sub he was very quick and snappy to answer the phone and was willing to spend a significant amount of time in both the planning stages of purchase and the week or two after installing it for basic troubleshooting (e.g. a ground-loop hum). Now he seems to be AWOL in 2019.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by giomania View Post
Same here. I posted a video on how to pull the amps, since I am in Chicago, and Mark came to my house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
What's the part number for the actual amp if I had to swap it out. I guess I shouldn't hold my breath waiting for a response. I prefer not to pull apart the sub and "void" a warranty but at the same time I have a 150lb paperweight. I'll give him a little bit more time before attempting a self-repair but what's my resolution to troubleshoot/fix myself. How much parts and time/expertise will I need to DIY repair? I'm assuming 4 flashes followed by 1 flash is something blown on the amplifier.

Thread to Build:Theater Build
Theater: Monitor Audio Platinum PL200/PL350C, Seaton Submerssive, 150" 3D Elite Screens +more
Living Room: Aperion Grand Verus, Outlaw LFM-1 EX, 75" Sony XBR75X940E +more
Stage 1 - Enthusiasm, Stage 2 - Realism
Stage 3 - Obsession, Stage 4 - Acceptance
...Which stage are you on?
post #10780 of 10805 Old 03-20-2019, 04:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I would again suggest, contacting SpeakerPower. http://www.speakerpower.net/contact.html

--Carl
post #10781 of 10805 Old 03-20-2019, 06:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 730 Post(s)
Liked: 1783
Quote:
Sorry to quote so many people but just want some clarity here...

So some people have reached out for that long of a period of time without either resolution or a response?!?!?!?

Yes.I am one of the people that has been waiting "a while" for a resolution.

I contacted Mark on 07 March 2018 to let him know my SubMersive had arrived damaged in transit by FedEx. I sent all the pictures, filled out the "paperwork"on my end with FedEx, but as this was sent by Mark, in the end he has to handle the insurance claim with FedEx.

I HAVE heard back from Mark several times during this period (though certainly not every time I email him lol), he has let me know that he will be sending me a replacement cabinet each time, there have been some delays due to his cabinet vendor recently, and I STILL have faith that Mark will come through for me in the end.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
TV: Panasonic P65ST60 AVR: Denon 4311ci Speakers: PSA MTM-210C (Centre), PSA MTM-210 (Left & Right), PSA MT-110 (Surrounds) Subwoofers: Dual Seaton SubMersives
post #10782 of 10805 Old 03-20-2019, 09:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I have had similar "will be sent next week" E-Mails from Mark. Several times, the last of which was in Oct. 2018

--Carl
post #10783 of 10805 Old 03-21-2019, 08:01 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Quoted: 1282 Post(s)
Liked: 1544
Quote:
I have had similar "will be sent next week" E-Mails from Mark. Several times, the last of which was in Oct. 2018
Can you say "Chad Kuypers and Epic Subwoofers"? Makes me want to cry.

Lombardi said it:
"Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence."

My System
post #10784 of 10805 Old 03-21-2019, 10:54 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I would again suggest, contacting SpeakerPower. http://www.speakerpower.net/contact.html
Suggest them for repair?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiebosco View Post
Yes.I am one of the people that has been waiting "a while" for a resolution.

I contacted Mark on 07 March 2018 to let him know my SubMersive had arrived damaged in transit by FedEx. I sent all the pictures, filled out the "paperwork"on my end with FedEx, but as this was sent by Mark, in the end he has to handle the insurance claim with FedEx.
Just to make sure I read that correctly...2018 or just a few weeks ago 2019? If it's been a year I'm certainly not holding my breath.

Quote:
Wow so nothing in almost six months. How does the guy even stay in business? I'm guessing I'm moving on. DIY fix and never buy one of his products again...

EDIT: Slightly off topic...thoughts on these to replace a single Seaton Submerssive HP+ (2014 model)..

Rhythmik FV18, Deep Sea Sound 24", JTR (although JTR small shop like Seaton may suffer same issue down the road). I had one PM me some suggestions (thank you by the way). If anyone else wants to PM me some suggestions to not clog up this thread I'd appreciate it.

Theater: Monitor Audio Platinum PL200/PL350C, Seaton Submerssive, 150" 3D Elite Screens +more
post #10785 of 10805 Old 03-21-2019, 10:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 208 Post(s)
Quoted: 2812 Post(s)
Liked: 3508
Quote:
Suggest them for repair?

Just to make sure I read that correctly...2018 or just a few weeks ago 2019? If it's been a year I'm certainly not holding my breath.

Wow so nothing in almost six months. How does the guy even stay in business? I'm guessing I'm moving on. DIY fix and never buy one of his products again...

EDIT: Slightly off topic...thoughts on these to replace..

Rhythmik FV18, Deep Sea Sound 24", JTR (although JTR small shop like Seaton may suffer same issue down the road). I had one PM me some suggestions (thank you by the way). If anyone else wants to PM me some suggestions to not clog up this thread I'd appreciate it.

For Jamie it’s been over a year! Hats off to his patience and positive outlook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jamiebosco likes this.

Subwoofers: Dual Rythmik FV18s Rev2 with Paper cone, BOSS Platform mini riser, 2 BK LFE
Speakers: PSA MTM-210 L/C/R - Klipsch 250S Surrounds, PSA MT 110sr Rear Surrounds, 4 x SVS Prime Elevation for Atmos
Video: Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 6500 UB; Room: 2100 cuft sealed on suspended floor
Receiver & Players: Denon X4400H, Oppo UDP-203, Roku Ultra. Apple TV, Minidsp 2X4 HD
post #10786 of 10805 Old 03-21-2019, 10:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

And still waiting.

--Carl
post #10787 of 10805 Old 03-21-2019, 11:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Yes, I would suggest SpeakerPower for repair. (Others have had success - myself included)

--Carl
post #10788 of 10805 Old 03-21-2019, 11:17 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Yes, I would suggest SpeakerPower for repair. (Others have had success - myself included)
Okay. I have a friend of mine who does car audio installs. He has lots of install/repair audio equipment. For pizza & beer he said he'll come over one day and open it up and see what's going on and how to fix.

If that's a no-go, does Speaker Power typically need the entire sub shipped or just the amp? Drivers are likely fine. Plus, then I gotta factor in how much to ship both ways and cost of repair is it even worth it VERSUS selling local for cheap for someone to DIY fix it themselves.

post #10789 of 10805 Old 03-21-2019, 11:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Okay. I have a friend of mine who does car audio installs. He has lots of install/repair audio equipment. For pizza & beer he said he'll come over one day and open it up and see what's going on and how to fix.

If that's a no-go, does Speaker Power typically need the entire sub shipped or just the amp? Drivers are likely fine. Plus, then I gotta factor in how much to ship both ways and cost of repair is it even worth it VERSUS selling local for cheap for someone to DIY fix it themselves.

Only the amp. Again talk to them.

--Carl
post #10790 of 10805 Old 03-21-2019, 11:30 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Only the amp. Again talk to them.
Perfect! Will do. I'm going to have my audio installer friend take a peek first. If no luck I'll reach out to them.

post #10791 of 10805 Old 03-21-2019, 11:47 AM
Advanced Member

OKAY HOLD UP I GOT A HOLD OF HIM.

States was on vacation. Shipping me a box with a direct shipping label to repair out in California. I said is it Speaker Power he said yes. I asked was the part going back to Illinois. He said nope. Okay we'll see how this goes. I'll keep the thread updated. I just had to pay for the shipping.
sandbagger and jamiebosco like this.

post #10792 of 10805 Old 03-21-2019, 11:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 208 Post(s)
Quoted: 2812 Post(s)
Liked: 3508
Quote:

States was on vacation. Shipping me a box with a direct shipping label to repair out in California. I said is it Speaker Power he said yes. I asked was the part going back to Illinois. He said nope. Okay we'll see how this goes. I'll keep the thread updated. I just had to pay for the shipping.

That’s great news.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Subwoofers: Dual Rythmik FV18s Rev2 with Paper cone, BOSS Platform mini riser, 2 BK LFE
Speakers: PSA MTM-210 L/C/R - Klipsch 250S Surrounds, PSA MT 110sr Rear Surrounds, 4 x SVS Prime Elevation for Atmos
Video: Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 6500 UB; Room: 2100 cuft sealed on suspended floor
Receiver & Players: Denon X4400H, Oppo UDP-203, Roku Ultra. Apple TV, Minidsp 2X4 HD
post #10793 of 10805 Old 03-21-2019, 03:12 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:

That's how Mark did it for me, shipped me a box and I packed up the bad amp and shipped it to Speaker Power directly. Turn around was close to two weeks. That was about a year and a half ago.
post #10794 of 10805 Old 03-21-2019, 03:15 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:

That's how Mark did it for me, shipped me a box and I packed up the bad amp and shipped it to Speaker Power directly. Turn around was close to two weeks. That was about a year and a half ago. It's very easy to remove the amp from the cab and it only weighs like 9lbs.
post #10795 of 10805 Old 03-21-2019, 05:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 730 Post(s)
Liked: 1783
Quote:
Suggest them for repair?

Yes 2018 so a little over a year now

The fact that I'm in Australia does complicate things a bit though, BUT this was damaged in shipping by FedEx and it was insured and all relevant photos/info were provided within hours of me receiving the sub. The fact that I paid $1000AU alone in Freight/GST/Duties to get it here and it arrived damaged is more than a little annoying

Hopefully Mark's cabinet maker has sorted out their problems and Mark gets some excess inventory soon so he can send me a replacement cabinet

Mark - if you're reading this - I'll even take an undamaged used cabinet in good condition - just want something without a big crack in the front!! lol
CallingMrBenzo likes this.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
TV: Panasonic P65ST60 AVR: Denon 4311ci Speakers: PSA MTM-210C (Centre), PSA MTM-210 (Left & Right), PSA MT-110 (Surrounds) Subwoofers: Dual Seaton SubMersives
post #10796 of 10805 Old 03-21-2019, 08:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 953 Post(s)
Liked: 550
Quote:
*snip*
I prefer not to pull apart the sub and "void" a warranty but at the same time I have a 150lb paperweight. I'll give him a little bit more time before attempting a self-repair but what's my resolution to troubleshoot/fix myself. How much parts and time/expertise will I need to DIY repair? I'm assuming 4 flashes followed by 1 flash is something blown on the amplifier.
I don't think you'll void the warranty. As for DIY "repair", as you've found, you won't be repairing it. But, the removal process and re-installation is pretty simple. The hardest part is getting the amp to come free of the gaskets, which just requires a little elbow grease (and, maybe, if you can't get a good handle on it, a nice plastic pry-bar used to remove interior trim pieces from cars).
Quote:
*snip*
None of those are what I'd consider "big".

Deep See Sound is one guy (@dgage), AFAIK. He may have expanded, though. But, even if it is one guy, it's one guy who provides, from what I hear, exceptional support and is very excited about audio -- even driving out to customer's houses to help set things up. But, that's what it takes when you start out to make a great name for yourself. And, as you get bigger, that kind of service gets harder to maintain. Of course, I wish him all the luck, and am considering supporting his venture myself. I've met him at a local get-together years ago. I remember he bought some JTR speakers and was...harangued...for talking ***** about their lack of bass / mid-bass. I find it quite awesome that he's taken that passion and built a sub-woofer company to create products to provide crushing bass while being capable of producing pretty clean mid-bass as well.

JTR also has a commercial side of the house which may help them. But, I still think it's a small shop. Maybe not one-man like Seaton, but not large.

I don't know much about Rythmik, but I don't think they are really big either.

Thus, if you're worried about a company going out of business and no longer being able to support you, I don't think any of these shops are as...financially stable...as, say, a JBL is. But, if you limit yourself to larger, more corporate, offerings then you'll both pay more and get less. So...that's the risk you take. And, guess what, JBL could go out of business just the same, it's just less likely.
post #10797 of 10805 Old 03-21-2019, 08:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 2010 Post(s)
Liked: 3913
Quote:
I don't know much about Rythmik, but I don't think they are really big either.
Rythmik is at least 3 people, although Enrico wears many hats. They are a little different, as I believe all their smaller subwoofers are assembled overseas, and I think final assembly of their larger ones is actually done by Brian. All the fiddly* work is done in China using Asian, European and American parts. So, I think their issues are guessing how many of a certain product they are going to sell, and placing the proper size order with their suppliers, as there must be a multiple month time between order and receiving product. (They ship electronics to China to be assembled, it's assembled and then shipped back)
This is just guess work from what I've seen...
But, while they are a bigger operation than DSS, Seaton and JTR, they are still a small shop probably dependent on one main person. They have been around almost as long as SVS, fwiw.

*Pretty sure Brian does amp repair work himself, I mean assembly.
jamiebosco likes this.
post #10798 of 10805 Old 03-22-2019, 08:27 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

If one sends a broken amp to SpeakerPower, does it retain the Seaton Sound DSP settings after the repair?

Craig

Lombardi said it:
"Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence."

My System
post #10799 of 10805 Old 03-22-2019, 08:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 1418 Post(s)
Liked: 2722
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig john View Post
If one sends a broken amp to SpeakerPower, does it retain the Seaton Sound DSP settings after the repair?

Craig
I'm pretty sure SP keeps DSP data for the different ID sub companies various sub specs. Make sure to give year and model. And just ask them for piece of mind.

-Marantz SR-8012
-Yamaha BD-A1060
-Funk 21.0LX Master/Slave combo 4800 watts RMS/9600watts (peak)-
-Chane A-2.4 L/C/R
-Chane A-1.4 side/rear surrounds.
post #10800 of 10805 Old 03-22-2019, 09:05 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by indebtbassfreak View Post
I'm pretty sure SP keeps DSP data for the different ID sub companies various sub specs. Make sure to give year and model. And just ask them for piece of mind.
I sent them an email and asked this question. When they respond, I'll post back here so others may know.

Lombardi said it:

My System
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Seaton Sound , Velodyne Dd 15 Digital Drive Subwoofer 15 Inch Gloss Black , Velodyne , Speaker Systems , New Pac Sni 1 Ground Loop Signal Isolator

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page