Seaton Sound SubMersive1 - Page 361 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 874Likes

post #10801 of 10805 Old 03-22-2019, 09:23 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Liked: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWarrior View Post
I don't think you'll void the warranty. As for DIY "repair", as you've found, you won't be repairing it. But, the removal process and re-installation is pretty simple. The hardest part is getting the amp to come free of the gaskets, which just requires a little elbow grease (and, maybe, if you can't get a good handle on it, a nice plastic pry-bar used to remove interior trim pieces from cars).

None of those are what I'd consider "big".

Deep See Sound is one guy (@dgage), AFAIK. He may have expanded, though. But, even if it is one guy, it's one guy who provides, from what I hear, exceptional support and is very excited about audio -- even driving out to customer's houses to help set things up. But, that's what it takes when you start out to make a great name for yourself. And, as you get bigger, that kind of service gets harder to maintain. Of course, I wish him all the luck, and am considering supporting his venture myself. I've met him at a local get-together years ago. I remember he bought some JTR speakers and was...harangued...for talking ***** about their lack of bass / mid-bass. I find it quite awesome that he's taken that passion and built a sub-woofer company to create products to provide crushing bass while being capable of producing pretty clean mid-bass as well.

JTR also has a commercial side of the house which may help them. But, I still think it's a small shop. Maybe not one-man like Seaton, but not large.

I don't know much about Rythmik, but I don't think they are really big either.

Thus, if you're worried about a company going out of business and no longer being able to support you, I don't think any of these shops are as...financially stable...as, say, a JBL is. But, if you limit yourself to larger, more corporate, offerings then you'll both pay more and get less. So...that's the risk you take. And, guess what, JBL could go out of business just the same, it's just less likely.
Thanks! I meant "bigger." If you have any opinion about those other brands please PM me. I have a living room and a theater setup. Theater setup has the Seaton. I have a "small" Outlaw LFM-1 EX I bought 10 years ago that is too small for my living area and looking to change it out for something with more punch, perhaps duals of something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig john View Post
If one sends a broken amp to SpeakerPower, does it retain the Seaton Sound DSP settings after the repair?

Craig
It sounded like when I spoke to Mark they handle those calibrations (or else how would they fix the unit).

Thread to Build:Theater Build
Theater: Monitor Audio Platinum PL200/PL350C, Seaton Submerssive, 150" 3D Elite Screens +more
Living Room: Aperion Grand Verus, Outlaw LFM-1 EX, 75" Sony XBR75X940E +more
Stage 1 - Enthusiasm, Stage 2 - Realism
Stage 3 - Obsession, Stage 4 - Acceptance
...Which stage are you on?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10802 of 10805 Old 03-22-2019, 09:28 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Quoted: 1234 Post(s)
Liked: 1505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu View Post
It sounded like when I spoke to Mark they handle those calibrations (or else how would they fix the unit).
IDK, but it seems possible that they might need to replace the DSP chip, in which case the new board would not have the Seaton Sound DSP settings. IDK if SpeakerPower has those settings or if they're proprietary to Seaton Sound. Do you know?

Lombardi said it:
"Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence."

My System
post #10803 of 10805 Old 03-22-2019, 10:05 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Liked: 158
Quote:
IDK, but it seems possible that they might need to replace the DSP chip, in which case the new board would not have the Seaton Sound DSP settings. IDK if SpeakerPower has those settings or if they're proprietary to Seaton Sound. Do you know?
Mark obviously would be the best to answer your question not me. However, per my discussion with him, when I asked about repairing the unit myself he said there's proprietary things in there you won't be able to troubleshoot that Speaker Power could. He mentioned they have some of his stuff there in order to repair.

Thread to Build:Theater Build
Theater: Monitor Audio Platinum PL200/PL350C, Seaton Submerssive, 150" 3D Elite Screens +more
Living Room: Aperion Grand Verus, Outlaw LFM-1 EX, 75" Sony XBR75X940E +more
Stage 1 - Enthusiasm, Stage 2 - Realism
Stage 3 - Obsession, Stage 4 - Acceptance
...Which stage are you on?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10804 of 10805 Old 03-23-2019, 03:51 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Quoted: 1234 Post(s)
Liked: 1505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu View Post
Mark obviously would be the best to answer your question not me. However, per my discussion with him, when I asked about repairing the unit myself he said there's proprietary things in there you won't be able to troubleshoot that Speaker Power could. He mentioned they have some of his stuff there in order to repair.
I spoke to SpeakerPower yesterday and they said they had Mark's DSP setting and could restore them if necessary. Fortunately for me, I discovered that the problem was a loose connection in the Neutrik power connector. I'm back in business and sounding as unbelievable as ever!

Craig

Lombardi said it:
"Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence."

My System
post #10805 of 10805 Old 05-13-2019, 08:00 PM

Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 142
Quote:
I spoke to SpeakerPower yesterday and they said they had Mark's DSP setting and could restore them if necessary. Fortunately for me, I discovered that the problem was a loose connection in the Neutrik power connector. I'm back in business and sounding as unbelievable as ever!

Craig

Congrats I wish I was so lucky but I’m happy with the new amp

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

(2) GoldenEar References, GoldenEar SuperCenter XXL, (4) GoldenEar HTR 7000 (atmos), (2) GoldenEar SuperSat 50’s, (2) GoldenEar Triton 7 (rears), Dual Seaton Sumbersive HP (Master / Slave), JVC NX5, Dalite 119 inch UTC, Panasonic BP - UB 820, Marantz 8805, Emotiva XPR 2, Emotiva XPA 9 (gen 3) Panamax 5102, Harmony Elite, 4K Apple TV
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Seaton Sound , Velodyne Dd 15 Digital Drive Subwoofer 15 Inch Gloss Black , Velodyne , Speaker Systems , New Pac Sni 1 Ground Loop Signal Isolator

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page