SVS AS-EQ1 Thoughts... - Page 211 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #6301 of 6306 Old 02-12-2019, 08:31 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by KK20 View Post
Running a two subwoofer Atmos configuration and purchased an EQ-1 for the dual sub duty/calibration. As I have a processor using Dirac room EQ (Audiocontrol M9) and a UMIK USB microphone, it is not possible to plug the mic into the EQ-1 (1/8") for the initial room calibration stage where the EQ-1 sends a "flat" subwoofer tone to the Dirac software so the EQ-1 can calibrate the subs after the Dirac process.

Any thoughts on how to best integrate the SVS AS-EQ1 into a system using Dirac room correction?
I asked a similar question a few years ago and was told by the majority to calibrate the subs first with EQ-1 and then run the Dirac calibration next. Hope this helps you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6302 of 6306 Old 02-12-2019, 08:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modicen View Post
I asked a similar question a few years ago and was told by the majority to calibrate the subs first with EQ-1 and then run the Dirac calibration next. Hope this helps you
I appreciate the input! Have you tried it? Did it work well? It sounds like a reasonable option so Dirac has corrected subs to work with when it calibrates the room.

KK20
post #6303 of 6306 Old 02-12-2019, 08:54 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by KK20 View Post
I appreciate the input! Have you tried it? Did it work well? It sounds like a reasonable option so Dirac has corrected subs to work with when it calibrates the room.
After I was told that on the forums I had a buddy of mine come over and calibrate my system (I'm not smart enough lol) for me and wow was it a huge difference. The sound quality was night and day and I haven't touched it since. I have an Emotiva XMC-1 pre pro with Dirac light version that came with it,now I'm thinking of upgrading to Dirac full and having my buddy setup some target curves for me. Definitely calibrate the subs first and then run Dirac.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6304 of 6306 Old 06-12-2019, 03:41 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Hi
just got my as-eq1 repaired and want to try it with my Pioneer sc-lx901. According to manual I need to use the auto eq assist and the pass-through cable - but when I run the full-auto in mcacc pro it say no subwoofer connected ? Shouldnt this be the thing that the auto assist fooled the mcacc to think a subwoofer is connected ? Or did they perhaps change the way of mcacc pro and you no longer can use this way - only normal as-eq1 calibration and then mcacc pro on top of that ?

Before that I used the antimode 8033 S2 but according to REW - the AS-EQ1 does a better job than AM - got a dip at 32 hz which AS-EQ fixes.

Anyone here also have same combo or know what to do ?
post #6305 of 6306 Old 05-11-2020, 11:03 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Hi all,
I got myself a second hand SVS AS-EQ1 coming in couple of days and after doing some reading around I got a couple of questions which I hope you might able to help with.
Is it worth running SVS AS-EQ1 separately bypassing Denon Audyssey setup or should I do a standalone SVS AS-EQ calibration and then run the receivers calibration on top after to get the level and distance right?
For measuring level would any audio in the receiver do? My Denon does not have separate inputs for sat/center as requested in the manual.

Thank you

Denon AVR-X2600H | Q Acoustics 3050, 3090C, 3010 | BKElec Monolith Plus | SVS AS-EQ1
post #6306 of 6306 Old 05-20-2020, 07:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by John24ssj View Post
Hi all,
I got myself a second hand SVS AS-EQ1 coming in couple of days and after doing some reading around I got a couple of questions which I hope you might able to help with.
Is it worth running SVS AS-EQ1 separately bypassing Denon Audyssey setup or should I do a standalone SVS AS-EQ calibration and then run the receivers calibration on top after to get the level and distance right?
For measuring level would any audio in the receiver do? My Denon does not have separate inputs for sat/center as requested in the manual.

Thank you

I prefer to run the AS-EQ1 calibration first then run Audyssey in the receiver. The AVR won't really apply any correction since there won't be much left to do but it will pick up and correct for any latency added by the AS-EQ1 itself. Sat connection is not required.

Jack Gilvey

SVS Customer Service
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page