***Official HSU owners/support thread!*** - Page 234 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1425Likes

post #6991 of 8783 Old 03-28-2016, 05:44 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 743 Post(s)
Liked: 123
Hi

I have one VTF 15H mk2. And I am thinking to buy 2nd subwoofer. I am wondering if it is necessary better to buy the same VTF 15H mk2 for the 2nd one. Could I buy a different one with different brand, like Rythmik FV15HP? which one is better, VTF 15Hmk2 or Rythmik FV15HP? Or is there other option? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6992 of 8783 Old 03-28-2016, 05:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 1166 Post(s)
Liked: 977
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roudan View Post
Hi

I have one VTF 15H mk2. And I am thinking to buy 2nd subwoofer. I am wondering if it is necessary better to buy the same VTF 15H mk2 for the 2nd one. Could I buy a different one with different brand, like Rythmik FV15HP? which one is better, VTF 15Hmk2 or Rythmik FV15HP? Or is there other option? Thanks.

I've always heard its best to match. Something you don't like about the Hsu?

Sent using Tapatalk since the mobile version is still
Roudan likes this.

"Rockbiter" DO SI18 sub build - https://www.avsforum.com/forum/155-d...o-si-18-a.html
Ambesolman's Cleverly Titled Theater build - https://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-de...ter-build.html
post #6993 of 8783 Old 03-28-2016, 05:52 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 30
***Official HSU owners/support thread!***

Quote:
Hi

I have two of the VTF 15H mk2's and they sound outstanding for movies and music. I know with the current ones you have, you have many options for tuning sound including the two plugs for the ports. You will find opinions on will probably be bias as everyone usually falls in love with the sub that start with out of the top 4 best bang for the $$$ (SVS, HSU, Rythmik, DIY Sound Group).

But if you have one of the subs already, they are usually matched well in pairs, unless you intend on putting them on opposite ends of the room? Say 2 HSU's, and 2 Rythmik's. Only my opinion. Others will respond.
RayWK and Roudan like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6994 of 8783 Old 03-28-2016, 06:00 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 743 Post(s)
Liked: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambesolman View Post
I've always heard its best to match. Something you don't like about the Hsu?

Thanks ambesolman for your prompt reply. I like Hsu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsuave View Post
I have two of the VTF 15H mk2's and they sound outstanding for movies and music. I know with the current ones you have, you have many options for tuning sound including the two plugs for the ports. You will find opinions on will probably be bias as everyone usually falls in love with the sub that start with out of the top 4 best bang for the $$$ (SVS, HSU, Rythmik, DIY Sound Group).

But if you have one of the subs already, they are usually matched well in pairs, unless you intend on putting them on opposite ends of the room? Say 2 HSU's, and 2 Rythmik's. Only my opinion. Others will respond.
Thanks bsuave as well. The reason I am looking at other option is the fact that the the shipping cost to Canada is really high. Plus import fee and tax, the extra cost is higher than HALF of the subwoofer itself. And recently the exchange rate between US and CAN now is pretty high like 1.4 as well. That is why I am thinking if maybe I could choose the other option? Thanks.
ambesolman and bsuave like this.
post #6995 of 8783 Old 03-28-2016, 10:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 1166 Post(s)
Liked: 977
Quote:
Thanks ambesolman for your prompt reply. I like Hsu.

Thanks bsuave as well. The reason I am looking at other option is the fact that the the shipping cost to Canada is really high. Plus import fee and tax, the extra cost is higher than HALF of the subwoofer itself. And recently the exchange rate between US and CAN now is pretty high like 1.4 as well. That is why I am thinking if maybe I could choose the other option? Thanks.

Man, for a 50% price increase just to get to your door would make me rethink things too. If you don't want to get a second 15h, I'd just look for something that's as close to it as possible. The main thing is just to not have a huge difference in output potential between the two. If you grab something similar from svs, etc, you'll be fine.

Roudan likes this.

"Rockbiter" DO SI18 sub build - https://www.avsforum.com/forum/155-d...o-si-18-a.html
Ambesolman's Cleverly Titled Theater build - https://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-de...ter-build.html
post #6996 of 8783 Old 03-29-2016, 02:54 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked: 369
[ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]received my Hsu Vtf 15 h Mk 2 on Saturday and been tinkering and calibrating it since ,here is what i think guys without repeating all the other reviews before me ......
beast comes to mind and super sub is another lol music is just perfect which is the number 1 reason i got this mk2 and wow in movies this something else ,i am gonna be clear and tell ya all as a canadian i paid 1600 with taxes and taking it across border it was more than worth it .
my advice is take the time and set this beauty up right, might be a workout putting this thing all over the room to see the best bass .
ok box was huge so is the the sub ,way bigger than what i thought it was very well packed guys i mean they even supplied a shock tag on the side in case it gets dropped than it's fedx fault but thank god it arrived in one piece ,wow double boxed and tons of foam and side walls this thing is secure ....so if your reading this just don't worry about ordering .....
took it out and there it sits that's when i noticed the smell yes it does have a slight solvent paint smell but i love it ,i think the paint job is
excellent the pics don't show how nice and matt the black is very sexy subwoofer ....ok in place it goes and a tip to u all of you who never hooked up a worthy sub get a y adapter it really increases output by 3 and 6 db i noticed the difference right away as i did an a/b with and without it also wake up much faster .
i have on onkyo 818 so audessey xt 32 full calibration but guess what i like to manually do it with spl after the calibration , all auto calibrations aren't 100 percent so i trust my ears .....yup 1 port open eq 1 with 1 plug and q .7 .....
i prefer 2 ports open so i took foam out and switched to eq 2 and q .3 for tight bass and wow jaw hit the floor had some diana krall temptation song from the girl in the other room on flac and wow i thought my god i want 4 of those lmao even tho i won't need them
1 is more than i can convince the wife with lol ...so you guys can guess i love it power depth accuracy quality of bass it has it all
heard the rythmik and it was nice but my friend is coming over to test mine and also compare ,rythmi is a great sub i won't lie but to my ears the hsu rivals in looks and footprint as for bass i can't confirm because i only heard his on his system and his room so apples to oranges .will report on what he says when he hears this .....hahahah
klipsch sw115 isn't a competition as i tested both ,i am very happy with my purchase and dr HSU thank you sir for building the perfect subwoofer ,watching lord of the rings fellowship and oh my god the dragon scene ......can't wait to get intestellar on blu ray
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160329_080403[1].jpg
Views:	222
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	1346906   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160329_085436[1].jpg
Views:	172
Size:	113.0 KB
ID:	1346914  
Attached Images

galonzo, HsuKevin and bsuave like this.

klipsch klf-30 s Vizio p65
klipsch klf c-7 x 2
klipsch klf-20 s
onkyo tx Nr-818 soon denonx4500
3 crown xls 2502 1 xls 1502, HSU vtf-15 Mk 2

Last edited by malmstump; 03-29-2016 at 09:26 PM.
post #6997 of 8783 Old 03-29-2016, 09:13 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 466 Post(s)
Liked: 65
VTF 15H Mk2 - 12Hz performance

Hi I am new to Hsu and wanted to know if the VTF 15H Mk 2 is able to reach 12Hz and with what SPL ? I am on the fence about buying a sub and this info would help. I see the Data Bass info on the Mk 1 but nothing for the Mk2. The other sub(s) I am deciding on is the Rythmik FVX15 or FV15hp. I can't think of any other affordable non-DIY subs that can reach 12Hz. Thanks
post #6998 of 8783 Old 03-29-2016, 09:51 PM
Writer & Reviewer

Mentioned: 105 Post(s)
Quoted: 2235 Post(s)
Liked: 3399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick View Post
I can't think of any other affordable non-DIY subs that can reach 12Hz.
That's because there aren't any, including the VTF 15H. The FV15HP is still your best bet. You probably need to come to terms with that.

If you take yourself too seriously expect me to do the exact opposite...
post #6999 of 8783 Old 03-29-2016, 10:59 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 466 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWilson View Post
That's because there aren't any, including the VTF 15H. The FV15HP is still your best bet. You probably need to come to terms with that.
Okay Jim I give up, what is the best choice? I have skills, tools, space and time - though a little rusty on the former. Do I take Bear123's advice and build a couple UM18s + DSP6000 or do I get (1) FV15hp? This will be a one time purchase with $2000 limit, anything more and WAF is out the window. Thanks
post #7000 of 8783 Old 03-30-2016, 08:28 AM
Writer & Reviewer

Mentioned: 105 Post(s)
Quoted: 2235 Post(s)
Liked: 3399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick View Post
Okay Jim I give up, what is the best choice? I have skills, tools, space and time - though a little rusty on the former. Do I take Bear123's advice and build a couple UM18s + DSP6000 or do I get (1) FV15hp? This will be a one time purchase with $2000 limit, anything more and WAF is out the window. Thanks
This being the HSU thread it would breach forum etiquette for us to enter into a long discussion about something not associated to them, so it's best we don't. That being said...

Seeing as how you aren't adverse to creating sawdust I would definitely head over to the DIY forum and open a new thread there. Bear123's advise may ultimately prove to be the best, but for sure those guys will have a lot of suggestions/advise. They'll get you heading in the right direction towards a system able to provide sufficient output into the low teens.

If you take yourself too seriously expect me to do the exact opposite...
post #7001 of 8783 Old 03-30-2016, 08:57 AM

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Hello all,

I am about to purchase a VTF H15MK2 from a local seller and was wondering what tuning mode most people run their sub(s) in? I am coming from a Epik Empire (amp died like most) My use case 65% movies / 35% music. The sub will be paired with B&W CM10s2, CM Center 2 and CM1 rear channels. The room is 14 x 17 with 8ft ceilings and two openings. Eventually I will buy a second sub.
post #7002 of 8783 Old 03-30-2016, 02:27 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTom83 View Post
Hello all,

I am about to purchase a VTF H15MK2 from a local seller and was wondering what tuning mode most people run their sub(s) in? I am coming from a Epik Empire (amp died like most) My use case 65% movies / 35% music. The sub will be paired with B&W CM10s2, CM Center 2 and CM1 rear channels. The room is 14 x 17 with 8ft ceilings and two openings. Eventually I will buy a second sub.
hi tommy ,i run mine in 2 ports open eq 2 and q0.3 but i need to experiment more with other tuning modes
it really will depend on your ears and what you like ,the beauty of the mk 2 is you can try all the different
settings and decide what you prefer .i heard some users change modes depending on their listening materials like a movie or music ....i personally like to set it and leave it but having options is epic
TommyTom83 likes this.

klipsch klf c-7 x 2
klipsch klf-20 s
post #7003 of 8783 Old 03-30-2016, 06:13 PM

Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echomalinois View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by sethhobrin

You need to get a spl meter and calibrate your sub to your other speakers. Even if you do not have a test disc you can use the pink noise from the receiver.

In my opinion having the gain set to 3/4 is way to high. Start with the dial at 9 o'clock and start going from there. I have a VTF2.3 in a small room 12X13 the gain on the sub is at 9 and the receiver at -7. This is just to give you an idea not to tell you where your will need to set yours.
Ok, I can use a lot of help. I just bought an HSU VTF-1 MK2 last week. The reason I bought this is mostly because of all the opinions of people saying that I could accomplish nice tight, accurate, punchy bass on this model. Even the website talks about their products having detailed bass. I have not been able to get more than boomy bass on anything. I've spent a lot of time on the speaker forum with a lot of nice guys who gave a lot of good advice to try and help me. We changed the settings a ton of different ways but the only thing we accomplished is to get that boomy bass.

I hope with the help of the members on this thread I can get this sub to do what I'd like.

Here is my equipment

Parasound Halo Integrated Amp
VPI Scout Junior turntable
NAD C 546EEE CD player
NAD C 427 AM/FM Tuner
Dali Opticon 2's

Here's what my settings look like

Sub crossovers are set to out
Amp sub and pre output crossovers are set to on and at 80
Sub volume at 1:00 and amp sub volume is at 12:00 I ended up there because I hardly get any volume at the normal settings, Sub volume 9:00 and amp volume 12:00
Q Factor all the way down
Sub crossover dial is turned all the way up
Both ports sealed
Phase 180
Operating Mode is set to EQ1
Power button set to on not auto
Connected to amp with a very nice Sub cable

I cannot find the included CD as well although I think my 9 year daughter had something to do with that. Lol.
I also have no SPL Meter, no idea how to use it anyway.
I did the crawl and found the sweet spot but I've been told that unless I get this sub somewhat close to where I want it not to worry about placement.
It's also been mentioned that my main speakers can be cancelling out the sub. No clue what that means.

One last thing, this is my first ever home audio system so I am indeed a newbie.
Thanks
post #7004 of 8783 Old 03-30-2016, 06:46 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by poker11788 View Post
Ok, I can use a lot of help. I just bought an HSU VTF-1 MK2 last week. The reason I bought this is mostly because of all the opinions of people saying that I could accomplish nice tight, accurate, punchy bass on this model. Even the website talks about their products having detailed bass. I have not been able to get more than boomy bass on anything. I've spent a lot of time on the speaker forum with a lot of nice guys who gave a lot of good advice to try and help me. We changed the settings a ton of different ways but the only thing we accomplished is to get that boomy bass.

I hope with the help of the members on this thread I can get this sub to do what I'd like.

Here is my equipment

NAD C 546EEE CD player
NAD C 427 AM/FM Tuner
Dali Opticon 2's

Sub volume at 1:00 and amp sub volume is at 12:00 I ended up there because I hardly get any volume at the normal settings, Sub volume 9:00 and amp volume 12:00
Both ports sealed
Phase 180

I cannot find the included CD as well although I think my 9 year daughter had something to do with that. Lol.
I did the crawl and found the sweet spot but I've been told that unless I get this sub somewhat close to where I want it not to worry about placement.
It's also been mentioned that my main speakers can be cancelling out the sub. No clue what that means.

One last thing, this is my first ever home audio system so I am indeed a newbie.
Thanks
please post a photo of your room setup so we can see and help ,i m wondering about your receiver end settings,your saying it sounds boomy have you run calibration auto ?go into settings check if your crossover is set to 80 hz and not 40 hz .also don't turn gain too high it s sensitive ....lease post pic and check settings and report back if you need help with manual spl measurements let me know

klipsch klf c-7 x 2
klipsch klf-20 s
post #7005 of 8783 Old 03-30-2016, 07:01 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by malmstump View Post
please post a photo of your room setup so we can see and help ,i m wondering about your receiver end settings,your saying it sounds boomy have you run calibration auto ?go into settings check if your crossover is set to 80 hz and not 40 hz .also don't turn gain too high it s sensitive ....lease post pic and check settings and report back if you need help with manual spl measurements let me know
He already has a big thread here that is still on the first page with all the sloppy boomy punchy talk, plenty of help there, he should stay in that thread. I think he should send his sub back and get a different brand and then it will sound the same and then he will know it is him and not the sub
malmstump likes this.
post #7006 of 8783 Old 03-30-2016, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Here is my equipment

NAD C 546EEE CD player
NAD C 427 AM/FM Tuner
Dali Opticon 2's

Both ports sealed
Phase 180

Thanks
My Parasound is an integrated amp not an AVR. It's only for music and unfortunately I don't run my tv through it so I have no auto calibration. The amp and pre output crossovers are indeed at 80.
I'll hit you guys up with pics when I get home (at least a couple hours).

As far as learning how to manually measure spl I would totally be in to it.
malmstump likes this.
post #7007 of 8783 Old 03-30-2016, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Here you go this is what my setup looks like.
From stand to stand is 4 feet.
Each stand is roughly 1 foot away from stereo tower.
Each stand is 36 inches high.
Sub is 8 inches from the wall.

I've included pictures of the front and back of my amp. That way you know what your dealing with.

Now this is just stuff I wrote down, I have no idea if this will be useful in anyway. Someone had said that the main speakers could be cancelling out the sub so I added as much info as I could about the main speakers.

Freq range - 59/29,000
Sensitivity - 87.0
Max SPL 107
Bass reflex tuning freq - 46.5
Crossover freq 2,000

Hope this helps
Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	back of amp.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	154.8 KB
ID:	1349610   Click image for larger version

Name:	front of amp.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	1349618   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2578.JPG
Views:	199
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	1349626  
post #7008 of 8783 Old 03-31-2016, 09:30 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Here you go this is what my setup looks like.
From stand to stand is 4 feet.
Each stand is roughly 1 foot away from stereo tower.
Each stand is 36 inches high.
Sub is 8 inches from the wall.

I've included pictures of the front and back of my amp. That way you know what your dealing with.

Now this is just stuff I wrote down, I have no idea if this will be useful in anyway. Someone had said that the main speakers could be cancelling out the sub so I added as much info as I could about the main speakers.

Freq range - 59/29,000
Sensitivity - 87.0
Max SPL 107
Bass reflex tuning freq - 46.5
Crossover freq 2,000

Hope this helps
Thanks
do you have another amp or receiver to try the sub ,my guess is its the parasound happened to me 20 years with an older yamaha amp .maybe time to upgrade .
what i would do is go to best buy grab an onkyo or denon try it out for a month keep or return if your not happy .
as for the spl manual adjustments what you do is go into speakers settings on amp play pink noise or steady noise and sit with spl ,wath th db it s gotta read 75 db so move from l r c and surrounds l and r each speaker gotta read 75 so if the db is higher than 75 db u have to lower it they all gotta be adjusted so they match ...
good luck bro

klipsch klf c-7 x 2
klipsch klf-20 s
post #7009 of 8783 Old 03-31-2016, 01:24 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 231 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9267 Post(s)
Liked: 6373
Quote:
do you have another amp or receiver to try the sub ,my guess is its the parasound happened to me 20 years with an older yamaha amp .maybe time to upgrade .
what i would do is go to best buy grab an onkyo or denon try it out for a month keep or return if your not happy .
as for the spl manual adjustments what you do is go into speakers settings on amp play pink noise or steady noise and sit with spl ,wath th db it s gotta read 75 db so move from l r c and surrounds l and r each speaker gotta read 75 so if the db is higher than 75 db u have to lower it they all gotta be adjusted so they match ...
good luck bro
His amp is state of the art.

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/arti...ted-amplifier/
post #7010 of 8783 Old 03-31-2016, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajCA View Post
Quote:
good luck bro
His amp is state of the art.

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/arti...ted-amplifier/
Thanks guys.
Oh yea I found that stupid cd from HSU Reaserch that I thought I lost. Can it help me at all?
post #7011 of 8783 Old 03-31-2016, 06:02 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Thanks guys.
Oh yea I found that stupid cd from HSU Reaserch that I thought I lost. Can it help me at all?
poker ,yeah it can help with heavy bass for sure there s even tracks that can go down to 16 hz organ pipes
i guess to cover the vtf 15 h mk2 which i have ,funny thing is i just took mine from side of box man

klipsch klf c-7 x 2
klipsch klf-20 s
post #7012 of 8783 Old 03-31-2016, 06:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 651 Post(s)
Liked: 322
If you think the HSU cd (which contains specific subwoofer frequency test tones and frequency sweeps for setting up and adjusting a subwoofer) is stupid, then to be honest, I just don't think you will ever succeed in setting up your sub to your satisfaction...
stef2 likes this.
post #7013 of 8783 Old 04-01-2016, 09:16 AM

Picking up my HSU V15hmk2 today! If anyone feels the earth moving beneath their feet in the southwest suburbs of Chicago, nothing to worry about I am just testing my new sub!
galonzo, malmstump and RayWK like this.
post #7014 of 8783 Old 04-01-2016, 12:36 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 214
Quote:
Picking up my HSU V15hmk2 today! If anyone feels the earth moving beneath their feet in the southwest suburbs of Chicago, nothing to worry about I am just testing my new sub!
I'm out in Southern California, but just to be safe I'll make sure that everything is secure.
Attached Images

TommyTom83 likes this.

LG OLED55B6P (Calibrated by AVICAL)
Denon AVR-X4200W ** oppo UDP-203 **oppo BDP-103D
HR44 DirecTV ** Panamax 5300 ** Harmony One Universal Remote
Hsu HB-1 MK2 (L, R & S) ** Hsu HC-1 MK2 (C) ** Hsu VTF-15H (sub)
Crowson Technology Level 2 Motion System
MediaLight 6500K Bias Lighting System ** AIRCOM T8 Receiver Cooling Blower
post #7015 of 8783 Old 04-01-2016, 02:11 PM

Has anyone here gone from the Epik Empire to the HSU V15H-MK2? If so, what did you like and / or dislike about the transition?
SJTrance likes this.
post #7016 of 8783 Old 04-02-2016, 08:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 504 Post(s)
Liked: 297
I got my VTF15H-MK2 today...wooh, this thing is big!

I haven't got time to try it today, But I have unboxed it.

It sure was well packed.

It is the first time I see those little clear cylinders on the box to indicate if the box had been beaten or not.

It says it the cylinder turns read, it means someone had dropped the box during transportation...well, on my box one of the two cylinders was red, and the other one had been (knowingly?) pulled off the box...

Fortunately, the subwoofer looks intact. I hope everything plays well when I try it later this week...

I wonder how much beating it takes to turn those markers to red?
malmstump likes this.
post #7017 of 8783 Old 04-02-2016, 10:52 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stef2 View Post
I got my VTF15H-MK2 today...wooh, this thing is big!

I haven't got time to try it today, But I have unboxed it.

It sure was well packed.

It is the first time I see those little clear cylinders on the box to indicate if the box had been beaten or not.

It says it the cylinder turns read, it means someone had dropped the box during transportation...well, on my box one of the two cylinders was red, and the other one had been (knowingly?) pulled off the box...

Fortunately, the subwoofer looks intact. I hope everything plays well when I try it later this week...

I wonder how much beating it takes to turn those markers to red?

steph ,enjoy bro and congrats on getting the beast ,please post pics of your setup and a review of what you think man ,i think those shock tags are for 20 -30 g shock but i m not 100 %sure maybe someone has some accurate info

klipsch klf c-7 x 2
klipsch klf-20 s
post #7018 of 8783 Old 04-04-2016, 04:02 PM

I picked up my gently used v15hmk2 on Friday. I am still in shock in regards to it's size. I auditioned it at Axpona in Rosemont last year, but didn't truly have an appreciation of how large it was until I put it in my family room. Originally I was planning on buying a second and having a custom cut piece of glass placed on top to dual purpose them as end tables, but I am pretty sure my wife will divorce me if I add a second one of these to our home .

Initial Impressions.

The Epik Empire seem to produce tighter bass (sealed sub), but the HSU seems to want to shake the frame of my house off the foundation without breaking a sweat (Empire amp was always very warm even at very mild volumes). In all fairness to the HSU with a newborn in the house I have not had time to mess around with too many different placement options or the different tuning modes. Hoping the wife takes the lil one to her parents house next weekend so I can really demo the new sub.
galonzo and malmstump like this.
post #7019 of 8783 Old 04-05-2016, 09:49 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I picked up my gently used v15hmk2 on Friday. I am still in shock in regards to it's size. I auditioned it at Axpona in Rosemont last year, but didn't truly have an appreciation of how large it was until I put it in my family room. Originally I was planning on buying a second and having a custom cut piece of glass placed on top to dual purpose them as end tables, but I am pretty sure my wife will divorce me if I add a second one of these to our home .

Initial Impressions.

The Epik Empire seem to produce tighter bass (sealed sub), but the HSU seems to want to shake the frame of my house off the foundation without breaking a sweat (Empire amp was always very warm even at very mild volumes). In all fairness to the HSU with a newborn in the house I have not had time to mess around with too many different placement options or the different tuning modes. Hoping the wife takes the lil one to her parents house next weekend so I can really demo the new sub.
congrats tommy ,pics bro
btinindy likes this.

klipsch klf c-7 x 2
klipsch klf-20 s
post #7020 of 8783 Old 04-05-2016, 11:21 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 231 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9267 Post(s)
Liked: 6373
Sadly Poker11788 has not filled us in on his experience with HSU.

He obviously returned it and got an SVS, but info would have been helpful.

Posters who ask for opinions should have the courtesy to return the favor, no?

Helps us all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Hsu Research , Hsu Vtf3 Mk4 , Hsu Vtf2 Mk4 , Hsu Research Hb1 Mk2 , Hsu Research Vtf 2mk3 , Hsu Research Hc 1 Mk2 , Hsu Vtf 15h Subwoofer , Hsu Research Uls 15 Subwoofer , Hsu Research Stf 1 Subwoofer 150 Watt

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page