***Official HSU owners/support thread!*** - Page 241 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1542Likes

post #7201 of 8947 Old 12-31-2016, 02:45 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calypte View Post
It is holiday season. Maybe people who read this section of the forum and have relevant knowledge of the products are away. I haven't heard these particular models (I have a VTF-3 Mk 4), but -- just speaking for myself -- LF extension is very important to me. 3 more Hz at the low end for a mere additional $100 would be a no-brainer to me. But be sure they're being measured the same way, apples to apples.
I apprecite your input, thanks. Good point on comparing apples to apples too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pukemon View Post
I would get the hsu for the extra 3hz. Don't hesitate is worth the extra $100. Imagine going from a 35 Hz sub to 20hz. Big difference. The svs might play down to 16hz but can it do it cleanly and with no distortion? Sucks hearing a sub bottom out, lose lots of spl and worst of all distort. Part of the value in hsu subs are their sub 20hz output. You lose some dB quick but hsu still manages to put out some volume. And that extra $100 is paying for bass you can't hear but feel. No brainer. Especially if you do a lot movies. I would also consider getting a second one down the road. Gotta have minimal 2 subs to get bass you never thought possible. There is a certain synergy you get going multiple subwoofers and you'll never want to go back to one. some people definitely would rather have two smaller really good subs than one bigger sub.
Thank you! ... I appreciate both of you. The one thing I will say is I'm getting plenty of tactile feedback now throughout my room with the PB 1000, of course my room is only 1800 cube. I haven't experienced any distortion yet(at least I don't think I've heard any). The main reason I started with the SVS was their return policy, if HSU had the same I'd have both in my home already. I was also concerned with the size difference of the subs in my space and liked that the SVS was small enough not to stick out further then my AV stand. That said I think I really need to at least try a larger sub and see if I can live with the size if the extra 3db is worth it, clearly you both have convinced me it is.

In closing I will say that I'm totally impressed with the SVS and amazed how much I feel that sub across all seating locations, I sit furthest away and I feel it in my chest. I have no complaints with its performance but I'm itching to know what I'm missing? Lol, that could get costly, hell the footprint of a VTF3 isn't much bigger then the VTF2

It's a slippery slope, one my wife might not appreciate as much as I do, lol. Thanks again guys
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2637.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	157.7 KB
ID:	1865209  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7202 of 8947 Old 12-31-2016, 04:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 295 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuk109 View Post
I apprecite your input, thanks. Good point on comparing apples to apples too.

Thank you! ... I appreciate both of you. The one thing I will say is I'm getting plenty of tactile feedback now throughout my room with the PB 1000, of course my room is only 1800 cube. I haven't experienced any distortion yet(at least I don't think I've heard any). The main reason I started with the SVS was their return policy, if HSU had the same I'd have both in my home already. I was also concerned with the size difference of the subs in my space and liked that the SVS was small enough not to stick out further then my AV stand. That said I think I really need to at least try a larger sub and see if I can live with the size if the extra 3db is worth it, clearly you both have convinced me it is.

In closing I will say that I'm totally impressed with the SVS and amazed how much I feel that sub across all seating locations, I sit furthest away and I feel it in my chest. I have no complaints with its performance but I'm itching to know what I'm missing? Lol, that could get costly, hell the footprint of a VTF3 isn't much bigger then the VTF2

It's a slippery slope, one my wife might not appreciate as much as I do, lol. Thanks again guys
3 extra Hz is a lot download. And hsu's design still puts out some SPL going that low. Svs that can dig that deep are much pricier though. Svs makes good subs too but you gotta cough up some dough. You can't beat the value of hsu research subwoofersand, well heck all they're speakers. They all punch well above their cost to performance ratio. if you only listened to music 19hz for a sub would be plenty. If you have not heard a sub distort it sounds bad, really bad and the higher the volume the worse it sounds and if the volume is too high and the sub can't do it you might blow the speaker. 3 movies off the top of my head you should watch after integrating the sub and setup properly or as best as you can is master and commander, interstellar and edge of tomorrow.

Master and Commander cannon scenes will test your sub's impact but it also one of the best reference movies to test your surround sound setup. It is well recorded and mastered. Cannons going off in your living room is a treat. Interstellar has plenty of bass throughout but the black hole scene is the one to stretch your subs muscles. Edge of tomorrow you don't even to watch. There is I believe, some called it a reverse sweep and digs down to 10hz. Someone correct me if I am wrong. that sweep will let you know what your sub is capable of. You definitely don't want your gain too high when playing it. My hsu 2.3 distorts a **** when it plays but my hsu 3.3 plays it fine. And you're definitely going to feel it more than you hear it. Freaked me out the first time I watched that movie. I thought my subs were having a major malfunction for some reason. Rewinded it a few times to listen to.it. amazing sound. Knew right off the bat it was to going to make everybody's list for good bass demo scenes. I do hope I can get to hear it one day with 4 capable <20hz subs in a room that isn't too large with no pictures on the wall and hopefully a room that has been acoustically treated. If you get the hsu you're going to be enamored with bass for awhile. You're going to be looking around for organizing music, kick drums, marching band bass drums, classical music with a lot of bass drums, tuba and cello, war movies, transformers movies, space shuttle launches, cattle stampedes etc. I think you get the picture.
Zuk109 likes this.
post #7203 of 8947 Old 01-03-2017, 10:23 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
I think you get the picture.
Good to know, lol!

I'm a total speaker noob, I recently decided to bail and return a Bose Cinemate 130 for a true 5.1 system.

Just purchased some part last weekend, I'm going to start with a 2.1 and slowly add the center and 2 surrounds in the future.

Denon AVR-X2300W
2 HB-1MK2
Sub: VTF-3 MK5 HP

I just heard about the CCM-8 that are supposedly coming out this month and I don't know if I should stick with the HB-1s or drop the ball and get the CCM-8

Whatever speakers I do decide to get I'm pretty sure I will be blown away with. What would you guys do?
BornSlippyZ likes this.

Last edited by HeavyUser; 01-03-2017 at 02:14 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7204 of 8947 Old 01-03-2017, 10:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 2111 Post(s)
Liked: 2152
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyUser View Post
Good to know, lol!

I'm a total speaker noob, I recently decided to bail and return a Bose Cinemate 130 for a true 5.1 system.

Just purchased some part last weekend, I'm going to start with a 2.1 and slow add the center and 2 surrounds in the future.

Denon AVR-X2300W
2 HB-1MK2

I just heard about the CCM-8 that are supposedly coming out this month and I don't know if I should stick with the HB-1s or drop the ball and get the CCM-8

Whatever speakers I do decide to get I'm pretty sure I will be blown away with. What would you guys do?
Your off to a great start! You also kinda sound like me when I purchase a (very expensive) Lifestyle system from Blose back in '99. I hooked it up, my neighbor and I said, "thats what $4K gets your lol". I returned it back after a few hours and bought other speakers that put a smile on my face!
post #7205 of 8947 Old 01-03-2017, 11:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Good to know, lol!

Just purchased some part last weekend, I'm going to start with a 2.1 and slow add the center and 2 surrounds in the future.

Denon AVR-X2300W
2 HB-1MK2

3 CC8s for LCR and put the HB1s to surround duty.
post #7206 of 8947 Old 01-04-2017, 08:20 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Placed my order for a VTF-3 MK5 HP today. Looking forward to getting my first "real" subwoofer!
post #7207 of 8947 Old 01-04-2017, 09:36 PM
Writer & Reviewer

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Quoted: 2324 Post(s)
Liked: 3568
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnrocketry View Post
Placed my order for a VTF-3 MK5 HP today. Looking forward to getting my first "real" subwoofer!
I'm quite familiar with that subwoofer, having lived with one for over a month. I suspect you'll be quite happy with your choice. Be sure to come back and post your thoughts after you've had a chance to use it for a while.
ChromeJob likes this.

If you take yourself too seriously expect me to do the exact opposite
post #7208 of 8947 Old 01-05-2017, 08:24 AM

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Hey everyone joined the HSU family a few weeks back thanks to a great deal from a fellow member (Thanks martinm0!). Just looked over a couple pages and wanted to know what settings people tend to prefer. Right now im using EQ 1 and Q .5. Sub is not corner loaded, any benefit of opening both ports? This is mainly for movie listening. Thanks!

Last edited by Elitegti17; 01-05-2017 at 09:22 AM.
post #7209 of 8947 Old 01-05-2017, 10:25 AM

Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elitegti17 View Post
Hey everyone joined the HSU family a few weeks back thanks to a great deal from a fellow member (Thanks martinm0!). Just looked over a couple pages and wanted to know what settings people tend to prefer. Right now im using EQ 1 and Q .5. Sub is not corner loaded, any benefit of opening both ports? This is mainly for movie listening. Thanks!
In my 2700cuft room, I use Q 0.5 and EQ1 with one port open. Unless you have a huge room, there should be no need to open both ports AFAIK.

I have also tried this configuration with EQ2 but couldn't tell any difference. Based on some online research, EQ1 is better than EQ2 for low extension - so moved back to EQ1.
Elitegti17 likes this.

Def Tech BP8 Front L/R with Def Tech CLR2002 Center
Def Tech SM350 Surrounds L/R , DT6.5R x4 [Dolby Atmos 5.1.4]
Hsu VTF3 MK5 Sub. Powered by Denon x4300H AVR
post #7210 of 8947 Old 01-06-2017, 10:04 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Quoted: 1709 Post(s)
Liked: 1380
Interesting....although I have sealed vs. the ported HSU subs. As I seek to integrate my new Mk2 ULS-15s, I'm asking myself the same question about what Q level to use, and EQ1 vs. EQ2. I've got a roughly 60/40 music vs. HT preference.

Right now I have two older ULS-15s without a Q control in 1/4 and 3/4 front wall placement, and based on experience I have the ULS trim on those units set to 16 Hz. I'm moving the two new HSUs up front, and given my own 2700 cubic SF room (20x15x9) I was going to start out with Q=0.3 to preserve maximal mid-bass headroom as per the HSU ULS-15 guide. However, I wonder what the tradeoff is between using EQ2 and Q=0.7 vs. EQ1 and Q=0.3. There's not a ton of room gain in this placement, but if I do corner loading I'm sure that would change.

My assumption was that as the most "capable" subs, I'd want to have the newer models up front rather than the older ones. However, I want to improve the 30 to 50 Hz bass, where I've got a null at 40 Hz I'm trying to get smooth out by additional subs and placement. I was planning to use my older HSUs in the back of the room to help with that, and use the ULS trim to try to dial them in for the < 50 Hz area. Or I can always get another Mk 2 or two and set it/them be more of a MBM LOL...but do I want to keep the existing Mk 1 where they are and using the new subs in the rear, since they've got more mid bass headroom than the Mk 1s? I'd be curious what you folks might think or Kevin_HSU if he's reading this.

One thing:
In my system, unlike one with Audyssey XT32, I can control the boost/cut to avoid overboosting low frequencies by using the Frequency Limiter on my Trinnov Altitude's settings (I can turn off boost altogether below, say, 40 Hz if I wanted to and only cut lower frequencies). So I don't have quite the same issues that someone with a more automated room EQ might face.

Audio Gear: Trinnov Altitude 32 (24 channel), NAD M27 amps (3)
Video: JVC RS600, Seymour 100" UF Screen, Lumagen Radiance Pro 4444 (coming soon)
Speakers: PSB Imagine T3 LCR, Imagine T Wides/Side Surround 1, T2 Side Surrounds, Imagine XB rears, Image B6 screens, PSB CS1000 ceilings (6), HSU ULS-15 Mk 2 subs (4) - 13.4.6
HAA HT1 and HT2 Certification
post #7211 of 8947 Old 01-09-2017, 02:23 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hsu stf-2

Since 2009 I have had my STF-2 and still works fine. I listen to it in my 2500 cuft family room. While I would like to have two subs, it would never be accepted by my wonderful wife. She is ok with me updating this sub with a larger sub and since HSU has worked well all this time, my first thought was to consider them again. I have reviewed the VTF-2 Mark 5 as well as the VTF-3 HP5. Both are larger than the STF-2 but the VTF-3 HP 5 appears much larger. I don't want to scare my wife with a massive unit. Any thoughts on the VTF-2 Mark 5 in my room size. I have one 36" opening so I don't expect trying to pressurize and shake the pictures off the walls but would like some lower extention as well as improved mid-bass. I do have other plans for the STF-2 else where in my home. I had also considered the Rhythmik LVX12 but am partial to HSU based on past experience.

Thanks
post #7212 of 8947 Old 01-09-2017, 05:00 PM
Writer & Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarrynKy View Post
I have reviewed the VTF-2 Mark 5 as well as the VTF-3 HP5. Both are larger than the STF-2 but the VTF-3 HP 5 appears much larger. Any thoughts on the VTF-2 Mark 5 in my room size.
While the newer VTF-2 will certainly perform better than your current STF-2, will it be enough to justify the upgrade? Maybe, maybe not. That's more evolutionary than revolutionary. Most people want an upgrade to be significant, and if that's so in your case the VTF-3 is likely the better option.

Quote:
I don't want to scare my wife with a massive unit.
Must. Not. Comment.
Must. Not. Comment...
joeyvaz, Tom C, galonzo and 5 others like this.

post #7213 of 8947 Old 01-10-2017, 09:31 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
She is ok with me updating this sub with a larger sub and since HSU has worked well all this time, my first thought was to consider them again. I have reviewed the VTF-2 Mark 5 as well as the VTF-3 HP5. Both are larger than the STF-2 but the VTF-3 HP 5 appears much larger. I don't want to scare my wife with a massive unit.
I got the VTF-15h and it's huge. I think it's close in size to the vtf-3. My fiancee was not too happy with the size but after playing a few samples she was more than happy with the output. For reference, we were using a 10inch wireless soundbar sub.

I say go big or go home. You may catch flak initially but it's worth it 😃.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
donindc likes this.
post #7214 of 8947 Old 01-10-2017, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWilson View Post
I'm quite familiar with that subwoofer, having lived with one for over a month. I suspect you'll be quite happy with your choice. Be sure to come back and post your thoughts after you've had a chance to use it for a while.
Thanks. Looking forward to getting it if FedEx can figure out what they're doing. Sub shipped out of California with destination Minnesota. According to tracking, it's now been sitting in a warehouse in CONNECTICUT for four days! Something is screwy.
post #7215 of 8947 Old 01-10-2017, 10:13 AM

So I think I may have an issue with my newly arrived VTF-3 MK5 HP.

During bass heavy scenes, it sounds almost if the 15" sub speaker is rattling, it is a very very distracting noise and I can hear it over the movie dialogue.

Is this normal or should I contact HSU?

I also have some pretty obvious cosmetic damage, a chip down to the wood on the top of the sub, the same thing on the side, and a scratch in the finish on the back

I love the new horn speakers though, those are perfect.
post #7216 of 8947 Old 01-10-2017, 10:56 AM
Writer & Reviewer

Quote:
So I think I may have an issue with my newly arrived VTF-3 MK5 HP.

During bass heavy scenes, it sounds almost if the 15" sub speaker is rattling, it is a very very distracting noise and I can hear it over the movie dialogue.

Is this normal or should I contact HSU?

I also have some pretty obvious cosmetic damage, a chip down to the wood on the top of the sub, the same thing on the side, and a scratch in the finish on the back
I'd reach out to HSU. With physical damage and some type of audible sound of distress you would be better off having a chat with them. Was the box all beat up during shipping? Their packing is pretty good, just curious if it had a rough journey.

post #7217 of 8947 Old 01-10-2017, 10:58 AM

The box had some dings but nothing to warrant what the contents looked like inside :/

So I take it none of you guys have any rattling/distortion during heavy bass use with your subs?
post #7218 of 8947 Old 01-10-2017, 06:59 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 12
My VTF-3 showed up the other day. Still playing with settings, but so far it has performed amazingly. Tested out some scenes already and it put a huge grin on my face. Tron Legacy, Darla glass tapping in Finding Nemo, and the opening scene from Edge of Tomorrow. The EoT opening....wow. Definitely felt that.

Last edited by cadiburns; 01-10-2017 at 07:05 PM.
post #7219 of 8947 Old 01-11-2017, 03:31 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Received my second VTF-15H MK2. My first one I purchased about a year ago. This second one that just arrived...its volume gain has to be turned up to 11:30 compared to 10:30 on the older one and needs a positive 3db gain in my receiver to reach the same level on my meter when measuring. It also seems to woofer is not as controlled/sounds different as the 1st unit from last year when measuring. Did HSU make changes to the amp gain on these subs? I also switched spots and cables/outlets to see if that was the cause but that did not change anything.

Last edited by Neo33; 01-11-2017 at 05:42 AM.
post #7220 of 8947 Old 01-11-2017, 06:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 661 Post(s)
Liked: 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo33 View Post
Received my second VTF-15H MK2. My first one I purchased about a year ago. This second one that just arrived...its volume gain has to be turned up to 11:30 compared to 10:30 on the older one and needs a positive 3db gain in my receiver to reach the same level on my meter when measuring. It also seems to woofer is not as controlled/sounds different as the 1st unit from last year when measuring. Did HSU make changes to the amp gain on these subs? I also switched spots and cables/outlets to see if that was the cause but that did not change anything.
Why in the world should models made over a year apart have the exact same gain adjustment position on their separate amps? That's why it's an "adjustment knob". Adjust it to whatever reference level you are using and don't worry about its final position. And let your new sub pound for a while to get her broken in a bit and then reevalute. There are numerous reasons that things don't quite sound right when adding a 2nd sub... its integration with the existing sub and where you have it placed in your room are big factors first and foremost. If by chance, it just doesn't sound like it really should, contact HSU and they will guide you through some troubleshooting steps...
post #7221 of 8947 Old 01-11-2017, 08:55 AM
Writer & Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo33 View Post
Slight variations due to manufacturing tolerances are to be expected, but a 3dB difference would fall outside the acceptable range. If you're confident you measured correctly with the SPL meter than I'd give HSU a call. They should be able to get to the bottom of it.

post #7222 of 8947 Old 01-11-2017, 01:11 PM

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 36
***Official HSU owners/support thread!***

So I've decided to hookup my Pl-200 (rear ported) back in my system to accompany my VTF-2.5 in sub duty. I've currently got my HSU near field in a corner and the Pl-200 up front. Should I keep them like this (sounds great) or would it be beneficial to have the HSU on the front sound stage and the Pl-200 near field?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Colton

My Home Theater
post #7223 of 8947 Old 01-11-2017, 09:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks. Looking forward to getting it if FedEx can figure out what they're doing. Sub shipped out of California with destination Minnesota. According to tracking, it's now been sitting in a warehouse in CONNECTICUT for four days! Something is screwy.

I had a Saturday deliver of my new pj screen ordered from Amazon but shipped using FedEx. They had a winter storm delay at their Memphis hub . Problem being FedEx didn't let Amazon or myself know about this. I hope you got your subwoofer but FedEx has been difficult in the past 30 days.

post #7224 of 8947 Old 01-12-2017, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ View Post
I had a Saturday deliver of my new pj screen ordered from Amazon but shipped using FedEx. They had a winter storm delay at their Memphis hub . Problem being FedEx didn't let Amazon or myself know about this. I hope you got your subwoofer but FedEx has been difficult in the past 30 days.
Thanks, I got it last night. Something was definitely screwy with the FedEx tracking, though. On Tuesday, tracking claimed that the box was simultaneously in Connecticut and Minnesota!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hsu fedex tracking.PNG
Views:	74
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	1890473  
BornSlippyZ likes this.
post #7225 of 8947 Old 01-12-2017, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Picked up my new VTF-3 MK5 HP last night at the local FedEx Office. That is one big shipping box! FedEx had punched through the cardboard sidewall in one spot, but fortunately hadn't gone deep enough to reach the sub inside.

Got it home, unpacked, and moved near my home theater setup. Pulled out both port plugs and giving it 24 hours to warm up and acclimate before connecting and powering it up for the first time. It makes my old 10" sub look puny by comparison.
galonzo and BornSlippyZ like this.
post #7226 of 8947 Old 01-12-2017, 07:11 AM
Writer & Reviewer

Quote:
Got it home, unpacked, and moved near my home theater setup. Pulled out both port plugs and giving it 24 hours to warm up and acclimate before connecting and powering it up for the first time. It makes my old 10" sub look puny by comparison.
It will make it sound puny as well. Enjoy your new toy...
galonzo likes this.

post #7227 of 8947 Old 01-12-2017, 09:24 AM

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I've had my 2mk5 for a few weeks now and just got the HT buttoned up and turned it on last weekend. It's such a great sub and i'm really enjoying the sound!

However... it's giving me a hum. Almost like a bit softer ground loop hum. I've done the normal tests and everything is as good as it can get in terms of what is installed where and how. Shouldnt be a ground loop issue.

Here's the strange (too me anyway) part.... This hum goes away completely when i switch the sub to its internal crossover. I'm using a Denon x1300w that is brand new and outputs hum free to everything else connected.

Now, it's not horrible by any means (at half gain on the sub its just noticeable when quiet) i was just curious as to why it is present when the crossover is set to out but gone when set to in.

Any thoughts or suggestions? Would i be losing anything sound quality wise using the max 90hz crossover on the sub? Is the digital receiver filtering that much better? All other speakers set to small with 80hz crossovers currently (result of Audyssey and initial tweaking).

Edit: Was also thinking of trying a wireless sub kit (hoping that quiets any lingering ground loop noise with absolutely no physical loop connection). I've tried other cables and types and they're all about the same as what's ran through the wall. Running out of possibilities.

Last edited by snow blind; 01-12-2017 at 09:40 AM.
post #7228 of 8947 Old 01-15-2017, 04:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snow blind View Post
I've had my 2mk5 for a few weeks now and just got the HT buttoned up and turned it on last weekend. It's such a great sub and i'm really enjoying the sound!

However... it's giving me a hum. Almost like a bit softer ground loop hum. I've done the normal tests and everything is as good as it can get in terms of what is installed where and how. Shouldnt be a ground loop issue.

Here's the strange (too me anyway) part.... This hum goes away completely when i switch the sub to its internal crossover. I'm using a Denon x1300w that is brand new and outputs hum free to everything else connected.

Now, it's not horrible by any means (at half gain on the sub its just noticeable when quiet) i was just curious as to why it is present when the crossover is set to out but gone when set to in.

Any thoughts or suggestions? Would i be losing anything sound quality wise using the max 90hz crossover on the sub? Is the digital receiver filtering that much better? All other speakers set to small with 80hz crossovers currently (result of Audyssey and initial tweaking).

Edit: Was also thinking of trying a wireless sub kit (hoping that quiets any lingering ground loop noise with absolutely no physical loop connection). I've tried other cables and types and they're all about the same as what's ran through the wall. Running out of possibilities.

I would contact HSU and see what they say. I had that ground loop but that was because of my crown amps.

post #7229 of 8947 Old 01-17-2017, 03:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Would a hsu 3.3 and 3.4 integrate well? I'd have 3 subs but would probably sell my 2.3. And seller wants $525 for rosenut finish and I'm sitting on 2 satin blacks. Head is throbbing tbinking about it.
post #7230 of 8947 Old 01-20-2017, 02:16 AM

Liked: 10
VTF3/Mk3 and VTF3/Mk4 excellent together!

Quote:
Would a hsu 3.3 and 3.4 integrate well? I'd have 3 subs but would probably sell my 2.3. And seller wants $525 for rosenut finish and I'm sitting on 2 satin blacks. Head is throbbing tbinking about it.
Hi, pukemon! This is my first post. I thought I might give you an opinion on your question, based on my currant set-up: two VTF3 Mk3, and a VTF3HO w/Turbo! The VTF3 Mk3 and VTF3 Mk4 are almost the same, only difference, the Mk4 has a "Q" control added to the amp. I think adding a second VTF3 would be one of the most rewarding improvements you could make to your system. I had first purchased my black VTF3HO, my system was all black. I knew how much better a pair of subs would be, so I found a 3/Mk3 (in rosenut) at a good price and added it to my system. Wow, much better with the two larger subs! I later added a black 3/3, intending to sell the rosenut 3/3. The three subs together were a room-filling, feel-it-in-your-body experience, I had to keep all three! Multiple used subs can be the best bang for bucks spent. --Update!-- Now I am considering selling my three subs and buying two VTF15 Mk2!!! What do you think, upgrade worth it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Hsu Research , Hsu Vtf3 Mk4 , Hsu Vtf2 Mk4 , Hsu Research Hb1 Mk2 , Hsu Research Vtf 2mk3 , Hsu Research Hc 1 Mk2 , Hsu Vtf 15h Subwoofer , Hsu Research Uls 15 Subwoofer , Hsu Research Stf 1 Subwoofer 150 Watt

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page