***Official HSU owners/support thread!*** - Page 301 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1647Likes

post #9001 of 9069 Old 02-10-2020, 06:13 PM

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 294 Post(s)
Liked: 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Statz View Post
UGH... got the X4300H today, ran Audyssey, and noticed an issue during the calibration. It seems as though the Left Surround terminal on the AVR is defective or something because it plays the calibration tone a lot softer than the others. I swapped speakers to make sure there wasn't anything wrong with the speaker, I swapped cables to make sure there wasn't anything wrong with the cable, I even ran Audyssey to calibrate for 7.1 and connected my surrounds to the Surround Back terminals (both tones played equally loud in that case).

As far as the settings it ended up with afterwards - Audyssey made me turn the gain knob down on the sub to virtually the minimum notch. It set the subwoofer trim to -2.0dB. All others were either -2.0dB to -3.5dB (the center channel was set the lowest), with the exception of that damned Left Surround, which bumped the trim up to +4.0dB. Sub distance was set to 8.3ft.

Not happy right now about that speaker terminal on the AVR
Oh that is odd. Never heard that one before. Sorry to hear that Ryan! Are they sending you a replacement receiver?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheibler View Post
I'm sitting directly in the middle of the room . One side there is a 3ft opening with carpeted stairs that lead up to the main level door. On the other side of the 33ft room it makes an L into the carpeted 12x12 bedroom. That has a 4ft opening(no door) then 3ft of wall to the end of the room. I have a couch against the wall and can move it away from the wall if necessary. Speakers are about 1.5ft from the front wall and surrounds will be mounted on the rear wall. I'm not opposed to going with the vtf-15h mk2, but figured my room was too large to take advantage of it's slightly better low end. Hoping one will be enough, but could buy another in the future
I see. That is a bit of a tougher room since you're right in the middle of it all, but you do have the benefit of being up against the wall and that will help a bit with boundary gain. I would personally go with either the VTF-3 Mk5 HP or greater. The VTF-15H MK2 is a great sub in that it has better performance in the ultra low bass. This is due to the larger enclosure and the larger port cross-sectional port area. So if you like to listen to movies with a lot of ultra low bass content at pretty high output levels, the VTF-15H MK2 would be a good choice. Though for the majority of movies that are out there, both subs will actually be pretty similar in performance. In terms of placement, you will likely need to place the sub in the front. You can try the front corner or more towards the middle which may improve the mid-bass punch a bit at your listening position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglen View Post
Does anyone know the difference between B stock and C stock in the clearance section of the HSU site? They have some nice deals there.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
B-stock is a sub with fairly minor cosmetic blemishes. It could be surface scratch/scuffs/marks, maybe a small dent. C stock items generally have more cosmetic issues, though it does not affect the performance. It could be a deeper scratch, a larger dent, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docwho10th View Post
First Kevin, thanks for responding to my emails quickly! As I told you before I had your original VTF 15 MK 1 for 15 years and you suggested the new 15mk2. I was still wondering about duals though... how would 2 of the VTF-2 MK5 350 watt version do in comparison to just one 15 MK 2 ? I have room in both corners in front of my theater, and I can also put one sub in one corner and another in the opposite corner diagonally too in the picture below. The room is 1344 cu ft. And my seats are about 1 ft away from the wall. Will two of the - MK 5's dig deeper while still getting that awesome mid bass punch? Also..which would give me the best tactile and wall shaking response?

Sorry for the wire mess "hell" and mess in general in the room. I am putting in new wiring and redoing my Pittsburgh sports cave. Also, I had friends last night over to watch the UFC fights...

I am too hung over to clean....because I have "blood in my alcohol system" right now...lol. I hope you understand...
Hi there,

Can you refresh my memory on the dimensions of the room? Two VTF-2 Mk5's would be pretty similar in output to the VTF-15H Mk2 if they perfectly reinforce each other, but as you stated, two can help smooth out the response a bit more at your listening position. Did you have the VTF-15H in that room? If so how did you feel about the response?
galonzo likes this.

Kevin W.
Hsu Research
Sales and Marketing Representative
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9002 of 9069 Old 02-10-2020, 07:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 796 Post(s)
Liked: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by HsuKevin View Post
Oh that is odd. Never heard that one before. Sorry to hear that Ryan! Are they sending you a replacement receiver?
Yeah, I wasn't very happy. It's a shame, too. My best guess is that there is a loose solder connection or whatever inside because it was in perfect cosmetic condition. The problem was even more noticeable when running the setup assistant where it gets to the part where it plays the violin notes to confirm that there's sound coming from the speaker. When it got to the Left Surround, it was really garbled, and definitely sounded like there was a bad connection. Didn't matter what speaker I tried or what cable I used. The test tone that plays during the calibration sequence also sounded like it was coming only from the tweeter, too.

It was a refurbished unit, so there is no replacement. It's already on its way back to the retailer.

The little taste I got from the results of the calibration makes me really what to find another inexpensive AVR with XT32 (I could really tell the difference). I've had my eye on a few, but they have gotten snatched up before I had a chance to pull the trigger (I slept on it too long). There's one more that I am keeping my eye on, but I have to wait until payday this Friday, which will hopefully also include my refund for the X4300H. I'm not hopeful because it's a killer deal on a Marantz SR6014, and it'll be at least 4 more days before I get my money, but I have my fingers crossed. The same retailer appears to have an excellent price on a Marantz AV7705, but I have no idea how I would connect my speakers since it's basically XLR connections. I know the ULS-15 MK2 would connect because it has that connection on the back, but I haven't looked for any decent source for (if possible) XLR to banana plug cables.

Home Theatre: Onkyo TX-NR747 (Pending: Marantz SR6014) | Polk Audio RTi A3 Front L/R | Polk Audio CSi A6 Centre | Polk Audio RTi A1 Surround L/R | HSU ULS-15 MK2 Subwoofer | Sony XBR55X900E | PlayStation 4 Pro | Xbox One S

Music: Cambridge Audio AXR100 | Stanton T.62 | Cambridge Audio AXC35 | KEF Q150 L/R
post #9003 of 9069 Old 02-10-2020, 08:51 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 482 Post(s)
Liked: 394
Monoprice has the XLR>RCA cables you need at a very good price...

A 7705 is a preamp not a receiver and you'll need an amplifier as well
HsuKevin likes this.

Orotund Desert Theater:14'x20'x10',100amp service, JVC RS620, 120" AT screen, Carada Masquerade Masking, OPPO-203 & Panny ub820, Anthem AVM60, Simaudio Moon Titan 7&5 channel amplifiers, ACInfinity Fans, L&R Polk SDA SRStl Fully built, CC 2 Polk RTA15tl in Custom Cabinets Fully build, SS-BS Triad Gold, 4 Atmos 3 way Core5's, Subs-miniDSP-HD2x4, 4 HSU VTF-15H-MK2, 2 Rows of 3 Seatcraft Excalibur Lx Seats and more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9004 of 9069 Old 02-11-2020, 01:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOKNROX View Post
Monoprice has the XLR>RCA cables you need at a very good price...

A 7705 is a preamp not a receiver and you'll need an amplifier as well
Well, then. Thanks for the correction.

Home Theatre: Onkyo TX-NR747 (Pending: Marantz SR6014) | Polk Audio RTi A3 Front L/R | Polk Audio CSi A6 Centre | Polk Audio RTi A1 Surround L/R | HSU ULS-15 MK2 Subwoofer | Sony XBR55X900E | PlayStation 4 Pro | Xbox One S

Music: Cambridge Audio AXR100 | Stanton T.62 | Cambridge Audio AXC35 | KEF Q150 L/R
post #9005 of 9069 Old 02-11-2020, 04:02 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:

I see. That is a bit of a tougher room since you're right in the middle of it all, but you do have the benefit of being up against the wall and that will help a bit with boundary gain. I would personally go with either the VTF-3 Mk5 HP or greater. The VTF-15H MK2 is a great sub in that it has better performance in the ultra low bass. This is due to the larger enclosure and the larger port cross-sectional port area. So if you like to listen to movies with a lot of ultra low bass content at pretty high output levels, the VTF-15H MK2 would be a good choice. Though for the majority of movies that are out there, both subs will actually be pretty similar in performance. In terms of placement, you will likely need to place the sub in the front. You can try the front corner or more towards the middle which may improve the mid-bass punch a bit at your listening position.

B-stock is a sub with fairly minor cosmetic blemishes. It could be surface scratch/scuffs/marks, maybe a small dent. C stock items generally have more cosmetic issues, though it does not affect the performance. It could be a deeper scratch, a larger dent, etc.

Hi there,

Can you refresh my memory on the dimensions of the room? Two VTF-2 Mk5's would be pretty similar in output to the VTF-15H Mk2 if they perfectly reinforce each other, but as you stated, two can help smooth out the response a bit more at your listening position. Did you have the VTF-15H in that room? If so how did you feel about the response?
The room is 11 ft w 15 ft L and 8 ft H. The bass was great in my main 2 seats but it lacked a little if you sat in the corner of the room. I had the 15 H MK1 in the front right corner, where the Dodgers baseball jersey is. In the opposite corner I could hear the bass but could not feel it as much. The seats are about 1 ft away from the wall.
post #9006 of 9069 Old 02-11-2020, 05:51 PM

Quote:
The room is 11 ft w 15 ft L and 8 ft H. The bass was great in my main 2 seats but it lacked a little if you sat in the corner of the room. I had the 15 H MK1 in the front right corner, where the Dodgers baseball jersey is. In the opposite corner I could hear the bass but could not feel it as much. The seats are about 1 ft away from the wall.
I see. So you want more even coverage all the way to the corner? That is a bit odd though. Usually the corner tends to cause a lot of reinforcement in the bass so it should get significantly more present there. Of course it could only be boosting the low end so the mid-bass impact may not be as good. Are you also looking for considerably more output than the VTF-15H Mk2? Have you ever tried placing the VTF-15H MK2 in the back corner opposite the corner you were seated in? If not, I would try that and try adjusting the distance on the receiver as well to reflect the new position. Let me know if that gives you the mid-bass you're looking for across your main seating position and that corner as well.
galonzo likes this.

Kevin W.
Hsu Research
post #9007 of 9069 Old 02-12-2020, 06:31 AM

Quote:
I see. So you want more even coverage all the way to the corner? That is a bit odd though. Usually the corner tends to cause a lot of reinforcement in the bass so it should get significantly more present there. Of course it could only be boosting the low end so the mid-bass impact may not be as good. Are you also looking for considerably more output than the VTF-15H Mk2? Have you ever tried placing the VTF-15H MK2 in the back corner opposite the corner you were seated in? If not, I would try that and try adjusting the distance on the receiver as well to reflect the new position. Let me know if that gives you the mid-bass you're looking for across your main seating position and that corner as well.
I had the 15 MK 1 not the MK2. When I had the MK1, it had great midbass and tactile feel in the main listening area close to the back wall. If you sat in the about 3 ft away from the corner (along the left wall opposite corner or wall of where the sub was) then some of the tactile feel would be reduced but you could still hear the bass and midbass. Would the new 15 MK2 with the more powerful amp and new driver fill that little area?
post #9008 of 9069 Old 02-12-2020, 05:57 PM

Quote:
I had the 15 MK 1 not the MK2. When I had the MK1, it had great midbass and tactile feel in the main listening area close to the back wall. If you sat in the about 3 ft away from the corner (along the left wall opposite corner or wall of where the sub was) then some of the tactile feel would be reduced but you could still hear the bass and midbass. Would the new 15 MK2 with the more powerful amp and new driver fill that little area?
Sorry not sure why I said the Mk2, I meant the Mk1. I meant have you ever tried placing the VTF-15H MK1 in the back corner instead of the front? The thing is, if you get the VTF-15H Mk2, while it will play a bit louder and cleaner, it sounds like you're looking to get a smoother response across a wider area. If so, a two sub configuration may end up being the better bet there.
galonzo likes this.

Kevin W.
Hsu Research
post #9009 of 9069 Old 02-13-2020, 11:36 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
The little taste I got from the results of the calibration makes me really what to find another inexpensive AVR with XT32 (I could really tell the difference). I've had my
I ended up with a 3600H and I am happy for sure. I run a 5.1.2 setup with it.
The Dolby and DTS mixes are well performing on this amp. I found the results from it to be better than the 3500H which I tried out before.
With the 3600 you get 9 channels of amp and 11 of processing. You could always buffer it with an Outlaw or Monoprice amp for your main channels if you want more/cleaner power.

The girlfriend has been rolling her eyes a little but but after all this tweaking (thanks to you and everyone else for the help!) it sounds awesome and she has said "wow, this sounds incredible" from time to time.

Rob

Denon AVR-X3600H, Monoprice 356 THX LCR, Polk FXi-A4 Surrounds, HSU VFT 15H MK2, AppleTV 4k.
post #9010 of 9069 Old 02-13-2020, 11:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobVFX View Post
The Dolby and DTS mixes are well performing on this amp. I found the results from it to be better than the 3500H which I tried out before.
With the 3600 you get 9 channels of amp and 11 of processing. You could always buffer it with an Outlaw or Monoprice amp for your main channels if you want more/cleaner power.

The girlfriend has been rolling her eyes a little but but after all this tweaking (thanks to you and everyone else for the help!) it sounds awesome and she has said "wow, this sounds incredible" from time to time.

Rob
The same retailer as a refurbished X3500H, but given that the X4300H (which was in perfect cosmetic condition given that it's a 2016 model) had that functional problem that was obviously missed during whatever testing they conducted before reselling, I am hesitant to inquire about that. The retailer got the item back this morning, so I should be getting a refund in the next 4 business days. Once that goes through, there's that refurb Marantz SR6014 from a (perhaps) more reputable retailer that is still up for grabs. I may go with that with my fingers crossed.

post #9011 of 9069 Old 02-14-2020, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobVFX View Post

Rob
Hey Rob,

Out of curiosity, how did the results differ with the 3600H vs the 3500H? Is it better EQing, settings? More clean headroom?

Kevin W.
Hsu Research
post #9012 of 9069 Old 02-15-2020, 11:38 AM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Hey guys. Looking for opinions on the VTF-2 versus the VTF-3 for my room. The room is 12.5’ wide, 19’ long, and has 9’ ceilings with hardwood floors. Will two of the VTF-2 be sufficient or should I look at something else? I’ve had the older 10” version for probably 4.5 years and it still works great. Thanks!
post #9013 of 9069 Old 02-15-2020, 11:52 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 218 Post(s)
Liked: 498
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonChad View Post
Hey guys. Looking for opinions on the VTF-2 versus the VTF-3 for my room. The room is 12.5’ wide, 19’ long, and has 9’ ceilings with hardwood floors. Will two of the VTF-2 be sufficient or should I look at something else? I’ve had the older 10” version for probably 4.5 years and it still works great. Thanks!
The VTF-2 pair should do fine as long as the space doesn't open up to a larger area. The VTF-3 will certainly offer more headroom and better response across the frequency spectrum in the possible port configurations, but you'll have to decide if the VTF-3's performance advantages are worth the additional $300 or so per unit (price/shipping/finish). I've got a single VTF-3 Mk5 HP in the main floor living room and it's great.

Best of luck with your choice.
galonzo and HsuKevin like this.

Basement bat cave: JVC RS2000 (calibrated), 100" 16:9 Stewart StudioTek 130, Denon AVR-X4400H, Oppo UDP-203, Polk RTi A7 towers/CSi A6 center/65RT in-wall side surrounds (2)/70RT in-ceiling Atmos (4), dual PSA V1811 subwoofers
post #9014 of 9069 Old 02-15-2020, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd G. View Post
The VTF-2 pair should do fine as long as the space doesn't open up to a larger area. The VTF-3 will certainly offer more headroom and better response across the frequency spectrum in the possible port configurations, but you'll have to decide if the VTF-3's performance advantages are worth the additional $300 or so per unit (price/shipping/finish). I've got a single VTF-3 Mk5 HP in the main floor living room and it's great.

Best of luck with your choice.

Thank you. This room is closed off so I think those would be fine. Heck maybe I could even add one VTF-3 now and pick up another in a few months. I’m used to running just my 10” HSU, so I’m expecting a pretty substantial difference regardless of my choice ... correct?
post #9015 of 9069 Old 02-15-2020, 12:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2596 Post(s)
Liked: 1858
Quote:
Thank you. This room is closed off so I think those would be fine. Heck maybe I could even add one VTF-3 now and pick up another in a few months. I’m used to running just my 10” HSU, so I’m expecting a pretty substantial difference regardless of my choice ... correct?
Correct.

I replaced a pair of VTF-1s (a Mk2 and a Mk3) with a pair of VTF-3 Mk5s. The difference was large for bass-heavy movies. If the specs are to be believed, the VTF-2 should go about as low as a VTF-3, but not as loud.
post #9016 of 9069 Old 02-15-2020, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobknavs View Post
Correct.

I replaced a pair of VTF-1s (a Mk2 and a Mk3) with a pair of VTF-3 Mk5s. The difference was large for bass-heavy movies. If the specs are to be believed, the VTF-2 should go about as low as a VTF-3, but not as loud.

That’s good to know. Now I’m wondering if the difference is worth another $500 for two VTF-3. It’s a little better buy when you grab both in the bundled package as well. Hm. Not sure what to do here. I feel like I don’t “need” two 15” subs, but my room is basically 100% movies and tv - no music - so I’m sure it would “benefit” some from the largest size.
post #9017 of 9069 Old 02-15-2020, 12:27 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 218 Post(s)
Liked: 498
Quote:
Correct.

If the specs are to be believed, the VTF-2 should go about as low as a VTF-3, but not as loud.
+1.

And two VTF-2 Mk5s will be a huge difference compared to what you're currently running. If you wanted, that extra $500 could be spent toward a UMIK-1 and miniDSP 2x4 HD so you could take measurements and EQ the subs. And you would still have $200 left over.
galonzo and ClemsonChad like this.

Basement bat cave: JVC RS2000 (calibrated), 100" 16:9 Stewart StudioTek 130, Denon AVR-X4400H, Oppo UDP-203, Polk RTi A7 towers/CSi A6 center/65RT in-wall side surrounds (2)/70RT in-ceiling Atmos (4), dual PSA V1811 subwoofers
post #9018 of 9069 Old 02-15-2020, 12:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
That’s good to know. Now I’m wondering if the difference is worth another $500 for two VTF-3. It’s a little better buy when you grab both in the bundled package as well. Hm. Not sure what to do here. I feel like I don’t “need” two 15” subs, but my room is basically 100% movies and tv - no music - so I’m sure it would “benefit” some from the largest size.
At times Hsu has a sale on the VTF-3 that makes buying two individually slightly cheaper than the "dual drive" bundle. (I have never seen them discount the bundle.) That's what I did, last year.

There's always opportunity for buyer's remorse. The VTF-15H Mk2 dual drive pair is a mere $354US (shipped) more than the VTF-3 Mk 5 pair.
galonzo and ClemsonChad like this.
post #9019 of 9069 Old 02-15-2020, 12:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
+1.

And two VTF-2 Mk5s will be a huge difference compared to what you're currently running. If you wanted, that extra $500 could be spent toward a UMIK-1 and miniDSP 2x4 HD so you could take measurements and EQ the subs. And you would still have $200 left over.
That would be the most elegant path. However, a Denon or Marantz AVR that includes Audyssey MultEq32/SubEq can delay/volume match 2 subs independently, which is better than nothing.
galonzo, ClemsonChad and Todd G. like this.
post #9020 of 9069 Old 02-15-2020, 01:22 PM

Quote:
+1.

This is the route I’m going to take. The HSU folks also just responded to my email and advised the same based on my room. I have a Denon x4500 so should be good to go. Can’t wait to hear the difference!
galonzo and Todd G. like this.
post #9021 of 9069 Old 02-15-2020, 01:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
This is the route I’m going to take. The HSU folks also just responded to my email and advised the same based on my room. I have a Denon x4500 so should be good to go. Can’t wait to hear the difference!
The 4500 can equalize 2 subs semi-independently. You may want to start with that.
ClemsonChad and Ryan Statz like this.
post #9022 of 9069 Old 02-15-2020, 02:43 PM

Quote:
The 4500 can equalize 2 subs semi-independently. You may want to start with that.

I still shouldn’t mix my current 10” with a new 12” right? Or are you saying I could do that? Sorry, I’m still learning this stuff.
post #9023 of 9069 Old 02-15-2020, 03:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I still shouldn’t mix my current 10” with a new 12” right? Or are you saying I could do that? Sorry, I’m still learning this stuff.
I believe there are accounts of people using different subs in a dual sub set up. It's probably in your favour that it's the same brand. Audyssey will probably help a lot with level matching.
ClemsonChad likes this.

post #9024 of 9069 Old 02-15-2020, 05:21 PM

Quote:
I believe there are accounts of people using different subs in a dual sub set up. It's probably in your favour that it's the same brand. Audyssey will probably help a lot with level matching.

Interesting. That’s something else to consider to save around $500+ at least for now.
post #9025 of 9069 Old 02-15-2020, 07:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I have never tried the experiment. It should do no harm, but I'm not sure that it's worth doing. The 12" and 15" Hsu subs are very different from the 10" models.

I'm not sure why Hsu discontinued the VTF-1 (10"), but they may have faced too much competition in that class.

There may be other $600 (shipped) subs that can compete with a VTF-2 Mk 5, but this probably isn't the place to discuss them.
ClemsonChad likes this.

Last edited by bobknavs; 02-15-2020 at 08:11 PM.
post #9026 of 9069 Old 02-15-2020, 09:06 PM

Quoted: 129 Post(s)
I'm getting a vtf-15h from someone that the power died on. No lights or anything thing. It's never been driven hard since it's in a condo with close neighbors.

Is that repairable? It's out of warranty.
post #9027 of 9069 Old 02-15-2020, 10:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
MiniDSP 2x4HD/umik-1/REW is what I'd suggest for getting multiple subs dialed in.
I run a pair of TN1220HOs and a VTF-15H Mk2, so I'd be one of the mythical different subs in a dual sub setup, except in my case it's a 3 sub setup. I believe as long as the port tunes are similar, it's not that difficult to mix different ported subs. I mean, if I can do it...
Ryan Statz likes this.

MiniDSP 2x4HD, UMIK-1, REW... The holy trinity for running multiple subs.
post #9028 of 9069 Old 02-16-2020, 02:06 PM

Here are two great video reviews of the HSU VTF-2 MK5 vs the SVS PB 2000.
. There is also a follow up video with the winner!
FULL REVIEW
HsuKevin likes this.

Last edited by Docwho10th; 02-16-2020 at 02:18 PM.
post #9029 of 9069 Old 02-16-2020, 08:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreynmandy View Post
I'm getting a vtf-15h from someone that the power died on. No lights or anything thing. It's never been driven hard since it's in a condo with close neighbors.

Is that repairable? It's out of warranty.
That's something you need to discuss with Hsu. Kevin may notice your post and comment, but you can't count on it.

Be sure to let them know whether it's a Mk1 or Mk2 (current model). They may be able to sell you a replacement plate amp, if you feel up to the repair (and it's worth it to you). Shipping it in for repair may be expensive, depending on how far you live from Anaheim, CA.
post #9030 of 9069 Old 02-17-2020, 08:28 AM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Hey Rob,

Out of curiosity, how did the results differ with the 3600H vs the 3500H? Is it better EQing, settings? More clean headroom?
It may very well be placebo but I think the 3600 EQ improved the sound quality.
I also like the fact that I can adjust the Audessey settings with an app. Audessey reduces midrange (2khz) sounds which I turned off and then adjusted some high end to get a bit more crackle from my system.

Really I am future proofing my setup because I can do 11 channels of processing if I want to versus the maxed out 7 on the 3500.

Rob
HsuKevin likes this.

Denon AVR-X3600H, Monoprice 356 THX LCR, Polk FXi-A4 Surrounds, HSU VFT 15H MK2, AppleTV 4k.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Hsu Research , Hsu Vtf3 Mk4 , Hsu Vtf2 Mk4 , Hsu Research Hb1 Mk2 , Hsu Research Vtf 2mk3 , Hsu Research Hc 1 Mk2 , Hsu Vtf 15h Subwoofer , Hsu Research Uls 15 Subwoofer , Hsu Research Stf 1 Subwoofer 150 Watt

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page