Carver Knight Shadow Stopped Working - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 03-25-2007, 07:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yesterday I was vacuuming the dust off the top of my carver subwoofer and all of a sudden it made a loud low frequency noise. I didn't have it running and there was no signal to it. I immediately unplugged it. After I was done I plugged the unit back in and noticed a very low hum. I went to play a dvd and noticed I wasn't getting a sound from the subwoofer. I have tried different cables and with different power outlets, but nothing seems to work. Now it didn't seem to be any louder of a sound than what a good thumping movie would be. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I need to do to get my Carver up and thumping? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-25-2007, 08:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Sounds like the amp failed,contact Sunfire. Or better the dealer you purchased the sub from.

Ask yourself mortal , do you have as much displacement as me ? The answer is no unless you have a Windmere fan sub.
post #3 of 4 Old 03-19-2018, 12:29 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Probably like so many others before me, Google search brought me here, among other places, looking for Knight Shadow information. And, probably like so many others before me, threads like this show up as relevant to the search only to seldom have a resolution. The thread starter wanted help in 2007. Did he get it? Let's recap:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEAR View Post
Sounds like the amp failed,contact Sunfire. Or better the dealer you purchased the sub from.
Does it sound like the amp failed? Hmmmph. Interesting, I'd have thought it sounded like the amp failed too, but who needs someone to take the time to even point that out? Oh, and then suggest contacting the dealer. Wow that's brilliant, you are a GENIUS! WTF, why even post such a useless reply...so did the OP get any kind of answer that meant anything at all? No. And the search that brought me here simply dropped me off at Audio Idiotland. Eleven years later and likely umpteen passer-byers with the same common interest never added anything extra to Knight Shadow searchers to give the thread worthiness of even being started, yet Google sends queries to these wastelands where members only litter their joint with questions for help, then abandon their own thread, even when they get their issue solved, leaving threads like this The Flying Dutchmen forever f*@king flying forever and littering the WWW universe. Hey, been eleven years plumber'sbutt, so what'ya do with the dam thing? Toss it, fix it, crap on it? At least say something you impetuous crack.

And let me guess, I'm rude? No THIS BS is rude, finish what you started, then go back to vacuuming your brain. That's probably what you were doing when the subwoofer suddenly stopped working.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 03-19-2018, 12:38 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 148
And you created an account, just so you can post this? Do you feel better? WOW, just WOW....

My humble little 5.1 system, "Virtual Cinema" front, wall of sound config:
65" LG OLED
Yamaha TSR-7810
2 JBL Studio 580 Towers, 2 JBL 530 Bookshelfs, and a JBL 520C Center.
Power Sound Audio V1500
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page