How do I get PowerDVD 16 3D to work on LG OLED passive 3D TV? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 06-12-2017, 05:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
How do I get PowerDVD 16 3D to work on LG OLED passive 3D TV?

I did post this question on the AV forums oled tv section but I don't seem to be attracting any attention so I thought I'd post it here.
Can anyone help me get 3D bluyray disks working with POWER DVD16 Ultra on my LG OLED55C6V passive glasses tv? It only seems to work via 2D - 3D conversion not true 3D!
The TV only gives me the option for 2-D to 3-D conversion, side-by-side or over and under 3-D does this mean that through the PC Blu-ray drive going through the Nvidia GPU HDMI 1.4 to the LG TV that frame packed "Row-interleaved, Polarized 3D, Polarized glasses, Micro-polarizer LCD 3D (Raw-interleaved)" is not supported using power DVD 16?
I don't want to buy a Blu-ray 3-D external player when I have a perfectly functioning USB three PC Blu-ray writer/player . And I might as well wait till the ultra-Blu-ray PC or HDMI external players come down in price. In the meantime I would just like to get 3-D Blu-ray discs working on this USB 3.0 external Blu-ray writer/player working via my PC HDMI 1.4 connection.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-12-2017, 10:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 810 Post(s)
Liked: 535
What gpu do you have? Older gpus required you to buy a $20 add on pack to play 3D, while more recent ones will do frame packing for free from video sources.

Also, I assume your powerdvd is the full version and not the demo, because the demo does not support 3D playback.
post #3 of 4 Old 06-13-2017, 04:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worf View Post
What gpu do you have? Older gpus required you to buy a $20 add on pack to play 3D, while more recent ones will do frame packing for free from video sources.

Also, I assume your powerdvd is the full version and not the demo, because the demo does not support 3D playback.
Okay thanks for your reply, I'm running a GTX 980 Ti so I don't think that's the issue but I do think I might have to trial the "3DTV Play" software you recommended which by the way is now $39 just in case that the issue.

Yes I'm using the latest power DVD 16 ultra full edition.

I'm starting to think that because the power DVD and the LG tv don't have a manual option to select interlaced, Just the 2-D-3-D conversion, side-by-side and the over and under options only they may both not support it now in 2017?

EDIT: it's sorted, on the LG's you need to choice 720p @60Hz in Nviida control panel setting NOT 1080p @24Hz.

Last edited by optical10; 06-13-2017 at 12:32 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 06-13-2017, 10:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 810 Post(s)
Liked: 535
Ok. Just do a quick check and make sure when watching a movie it switches to 1080p24 frame packing as 720p60 frame packing is a valid 3d mode as well. Yes, I had a 3d Blu-Ray that was outputting 720p60 frame packing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Software Media Discussion

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page