App or tool to Batch Download Video Cover-Art - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 02-06-2020, 02:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
App or tool to Batch Download Video Cover-Art

Does anyone know of any software, tool, app, utility, or script that will "batch download" movie/film cover art for a folder full of videos?

For example, when I have a folder full of videos with any of the file extensions; mkv, mp4, and avi in the following format:
Code:
title.year.resolution.source.videocodec.audiocodec-groupname.extension
and batch download the cover art image for all the videos in that folder using the same name format to name each cover of its corresponding video file.

I came across one site with 11 apps and another with an app called media companion which includes a scrape function, however I do not know or think that any of these apps will be able batch download for an entire folder/directory except as an individual title scrape-download.

Last edited by linuxlad; 02-06-2020 at 02:14 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-06-2020, 02:58 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 150
No expert at all, but here are the programs I have played with:
TagScanner
MP3Tag
MusicBrainz Picard
Album Art Downloader

Wish I could tell you which program was "the best", but I cant. These all seem to be popular programs.

Good luck!

post #3 of 6 Old 02-06-2020, 06:22 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks, but all four of those are for audio files only.
I'm looking for something that batch fetches cover-posters for "video" files.

I have been testing several different apps and the closest that comes to doing what I require is "tinyMediaManager", the only option lacking is the automatically batch download the poster-images for all titles in a folder, I have to click "Ok" for every title prompt which is fine for a few titles but not so much for hundreds. I have already posted on their support forum on how to bypass the user-prompt for every individual title, there may be something that I'm missing or this option/feature is not possible. I may be able to set a auto-task script just for the "OK" dialog prompt.

I just finished testing it with Media Companion 3.7 and we have a [email protected]%, TMM came very close.

Last edited by linuxlad; 02-06-2020 at 09:57 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 02-06-2020, 12:09 PM - Thread Starter

After several configuration changes in the settings I was able to get TMM to work as I originally wanted without requiring any user prompt
Now I have two apps that will function to accomplish the same task automatically.
post #5 of 6 Old 02-07-2020, 01:02 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 150
Thanks, I will have to give TinyMediaManager a try!

I assume that I linked the program to the correct website?
post #6 of 6 Old 02-09-2020, 04:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddTX View Post
Thanks, I will have to give TinyMediaManager a try!

I assume that I linked the program to the correct website?
Yes it is, I have it working so it "only" downloads the jpgs files and it is set to create the jpgs with the exact same name as the video files, all the settings are there. I had a total of 806 files in both mp4 and mkv and it was able to automatically match, fetch, scrape, and download for all except 114 files which was due to their naming convention which actually helped since 98% of them were in other languages so it actually helped to choose the appropriate cover from the list of either imdb or TheMovieDB.

It uses very little resources, it is portable and only requires JRE if not already installed. Media Companion was a resource hog, has no options to disable the creation of 'NFO' files and it starts the process immediately after dragging the files in the app, whereas I prefer the option in TMM to add them first and then I right click to start the process. This app has and will save me several hours per-month every month.

Now if can setup and configure CouchPotato or Radarr to properly fetch based on my custom preferences, then that will save me another few hours every week.

Last edited by linuxlad; 02-09-2020 at 07:30 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Software Media Discussion

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page