Kodi for 2.35 (CIH), Aeon Nox - Modded. - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 7Likes

post #31 of 80 Old 06-20-2015, 05:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Its Chris View Post
Cheers. I had only done Nox as thats what I was using myself and the 16:9 layout always bugged What skin would you usually use?
I usually use titan mediabrowser on openelec Kodi.

Displays: JVC RS4910 Projector | 125-inch 2.35:1 Elite Cinetension2 Screen | Panasonic 58V10 Plasma TV
Sources: Yamaha RX-A800 | Microsoft XBOX One | Dish Hopper | Intel i5 Nuc w/ Openelec | Behringer iNuke 3000DSP
Speakers: DIY Fusion-12 Tempest (L/R) | DIY 88-Special (C) | DIY Volt-10 Speakers (Surr L/R) | Subwoofers: MartyCube w/ Stereo Integrity SI-18 X 2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 80 Old 06-21-2015, 03:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmoneyman2323 View Post
I usually use titan mediabrowser on openelec Kodi.
Ah ok. I haven't tried that one out myself. Currently modding the CCM (Confluence) skin.
post #33 of 80 Old 07-06-2015, 11:49 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Awesome! Always on the lookout for Kodi/XBMC CIH skins. thank you so much for your hard work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 80 Old 07-07-2015, 07:13 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniv View Post
Awesome! Always on the lookout for Kodi/XBMC CIH skins. thank you so much for your hard work.
No problem
post #35 of 80 Old 07-14-2015, 06:20 AM - Thread Starter

Hi,
Just a message to say that since the last time I posted here (for those not on the Kodi forum) there have been quite a few fixes etc.. that have been done. To get the latest go to the GitHub page and use the Download ZIP link on the right hand side of the page (not the link in the ReadMe part or releases) and then use the Install From Zip option in Kodi, maybe uninstall (+backup) the older ScopeNox skin you have.

Chris.
post #36 of 80 Old 07-21-2015, 03:50 PM - Thread Starter

Another update. Scope bars now available on all video types. Previously only worked when added to TV shows or movies.

There is an issue if you have a rip that includes the black bars. It is shown as 16:9 as it is a 1920x1080 video. This is a Kodi issue that is yet to be resolved. The only time it will show 21:9 is when the bars have been removed and the resolution is 1920x800.

To bypass this I've added a change so that you can specify the aspect ratio in the folder name and this will be used as the aspect ratio on the skin.

E.g "Theory of everything, The (2014) 2.35"

(Don't forget to refresh library / clean after renaming)

You can place the AR in brackets or whatever.

This would show 21:9 in Kodi then even if the video file was 1920x1080.

You would only need to do this where the incorrect aspect ratio is shown. If it's not in the folder name then it will use the usual aspect ratio value in Kodi.

Possible values :
4-3
15-9
16-9
22-10
21-9
23-9
11-4
post #37 of 80 Old 07-30-2015, 09:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 672 Post(s)
Liked: 234
Outstanding work, Chris!

I set my desktop resolution to 1920x800, so that when using the HTPC outside of Kodi, I can leave the pj zoomed out and fill the entire 2.35 screen. In Kodi, I left the resolution at 1920x1080 but of course, installed your ScopeNox skin and Kodi works perfectly!

Now the only time I would be zooming in for 16:9 viewing is when playing my XB1 and/or watching Live TV... Otherwise, the pj will always be zoomed out and using the entire screen.

Great job, brother!

LG OLED-65C7P / Denon AVR-X4300H / Klipsch RP-280F (L/R) / Klipsch RP-450C / Klipsch RP-150M (x4) / Klipsch RP-140SA (Atmos) / HSU VTF-3 MK5 DualDrive / PS4 Pro / Xbox One X / AppleTV 4K / Logitech Harmony Elite
post #38 of 80 Old 08-06-2015, 08:34 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERuiz View Post
Outstanding work, Chris!

I set my desktop resolution to 1920x800, so that when using the HTPC outside of Kodi, I can leave the pj zoomed out and fill the entire 2.35 screen. In Kodi, I left the resolution at 1920x1080 but of course, installed your ScopeNox skin and Kodi works perfectly!

Now the only time I would be zooming in for 16:9 viewing is when playing my XB1 and/or watching Live TV... Otherwise, the pj will always be zoomed out and using the entire screen.

Great job, brother!
No problem, glad its of some use

Edit : Just realised the name in your signature and that you're on the Kodi forums now also
ERuiz likes this.
post #39 of 80 Old 08-15-2015, 11:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Any chance of making it so that it will auto move subtitles up into the video frame when the mask is enabled?

Thanks

Bill
post #40 of 80 Old 08-17-2015, 04:55 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfattbill View Post
Any chance of making it so that it will auto move subtitles up into the video frame when the mask is enabled?

Thanks

Bill
Hi,
That was something I had tried to do but I couldn't find a way to access the subtitle position from the skin side of things unfortunatley.
post #41 of 80 Old 08-17-2015, 08:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

In Isengard I am unable to move the PGS subtitle position at all (Ctrl-T).

Bill
post #42 of 80 Old 08-17-2015, 08:25 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Bill
Does the video calibration not help with it? Is it just a new issue since Isengard?
post #43 of 80 Old 08-17-2015, 11:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Does the video calibration not help with it? Is it just a new issue since Isengard?
Nope, video calibration screen doesn't even let me move them. I honestly don't know if it functioned prior to Isengard.

Bill
post #44 of 80 Old 08-17-2015, 11:29 AM - Thread Starter

Thats a bit annoying. If the video calibration doesnt move them then it would be a Kodi issue as opposed to a skin issue. Sounds annoying though!
post #45 of 80 Old 08-17-2015, 11:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I'm sure it's a KODI issue and yes it is a REALLY annoying one. I'm just wondering if that is also the reason you can't make it work through the skin as well.

Bill
post #46 of 80 Old 08-29-2015, 08:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Kodi for 2.35 (CIH), Aeon Nox - Modded.

@Its Chris

Hey brother, how can I keep the Scope Mask button always ENABLED? IOW, everytime I play a movie, the Scope Mask button will be active.

Thanks!

LG OLED-65C7P / Denon AVR-X4300H / Klipsch RP-280F (L/R) / Klipsch RP-450C / Klipsch RP-150M (x4) / Klipsch RP-140SA (Atmos) / HSU VTF-3 MK5 DualDrive / PS4 Pro / Xbox One X / AppleTV 4K / Logitech Harmony Elite
post #47 of 80 Old 09-05-2015, 09:43 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Hi Chris, nice work!

Is it possible to use JSON-RPC commands to switch to/from 16x9 and 2.35 on the fly?

I've written a home automation module for XBMC, so my home automation server knows if 2.35 video is playing, and can move my anamorphic lens in and out automatically. However, when the sled moves in, I can't see the progress bar, play/pause controls in Confluence.

Premise, a FREE home automation program. Open-source Z-Wave Premise Module found here.
post #48 of 80 Old 09-07-2015, 02:25 AM - Thread Starter

Hi,
Sorry I havent been on here this last while. Havent had a chance to get much done this last while but will get there eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERuiz View Post
@Its Chris

Hey brother, how can I keep the Scope Mask button always ENABLED? IOW, everytime I play a movie, the Scope Mask button will be active.

Thanks!
So you want it on even for 16:9 content? I could add an always on option in settings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etc6849 View Post
Hi Chris, nice work!

Is it possible to use JSON-RPC commands to switch to/from 16x9 and 2.35 on the fly?

I've written a home automation module for XBMC, so my home automation server knows if 2.35 video is playing, and can move my anamorphic lens in and out automatically. However, when the sled moves in, I can't see the progress bar, play/pause controls in Confluence.
What would need to be done for this to work? What way does it work in confluence?
post #49 of 80 Old 09-07-2015, 06:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
So you want it on even for 16:9 content? I could add an always on option in settings.

Yup, I would really appreciate it!

Thanks!

post #50 of 80 Old 09-07-2015, 11:41 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked: 129
I don't think you could without talking with the KODI JSON-RPC guy here: http://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=174. If you can make it to where there's a setting for 2.35 or 16:9 that is exposed to KODI's JSON-RPC protocol, we can play around with things and get this to work.

In Confluence and all skins (afaik), stream details are sent unsolicited when a video is played back using this JSON-RPC property: http://kodi.wiki/view/JSON-RPC_API/v6#Video.Streams

What can be done now is to have a home automation system detect these JSON-RPC event packets from KODI, then move a lens sled in/out as needed when a 16:9 or 2.35 mkv is played. This part I have working in Confluence (to get ride of the black bars at the top and bottom of a 2.35 video), but it hides the progress bar, etc due to the Confluence skin having it on the very bottom of the screen.

I'm also working on a way to control everything with an Amazon Echo. I want to publish the KODI Premise module for everyone to use in a few months (to create more Premise users who hopefully donate modules too), then release an Amazon Echo module that works with everything connected to Premise (a very versatile free home automation program).

This means you'd say Alexa, ask Premise to play the movie named Terminator in the living room. Premise would then automatically receive the command string from the Amazon cloud, find the KODI library object that best matches the string, and find the correct media zone in whatever room you give it (assuming the media zone contains some sort of KODI box). Then, the display and receiver automatically switch on and the source inputs are selected to display the KODI box. Lastly, the PJ sled would be slid in/out automatically as needed.

Quote:
Hi,
Sorry I havent been on here this last while. Havent had a chance to get much done this last while but will get there eventually.

What would need to be done for this to work? What way does it work in confluence?

Premise, a FREE home automation program. Open-source Z-Wave Premise Module found here.

Last edited by etc6849; 09-07-2015 at 11:47 AM.
post #51 of 80 Old 09-09-2015, 08:06 PM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:

Bill
Same problem here. First time downloading Kodi so not sure if it's a bug or not.
post #52 of 80 Old 09-09-2015, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Hi,
Just a message to say that since the last time I posted here (for those not on the Kodi forum) there have been quite a few fixes etc.. that have been done. To get the latest go to the GitHub page and use the Download ZIP link on the right hand side of the page (not the link in the ReadMe part or releases) and then use the Install From Zip option in Kodi, maybe uninstall (+backup) the older ScopeNox skin you have.

Chris.
Thank you so much Chris. I have waited years for someone to create a skin for CIH setups. I have a question about playing 16:9 content when my projector is zoomed at 2:35. Normally I would change lens memory to 16:9 but from what I understand you just enable the masking setting which cuts off top and bottom of content? If true I don't like the idea of losing picture. Is there a way to have a button that zooms in inside Kodi to fit 16:9 video when projector set for 2:35? Ideally I wish I could make Kodi automatically change my projector lens memory setting via IP control based on movie format playing...
post #53 of 80 Old 09-10-2015, 04:45 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAlba View Post
Thank you so much Chris. I have waited years for someone to create a skin for CIH setups. I have a question about playing 16:9 content when my projector is zoomed at 2:35. Normally I would change lens memory to 16:9 but from what I understand you just enable the masking setting which cuts off top and bottom of content? If true I don't like the idea of losing picture. Is there a way to have a button that zooms in inside Kodi to fit 16:9 video when projector set for 2:35? Ideally I wish I could make Kodi automatically change my projector lens memory setting via IP control based on movie format playing...
Hi DAlba,
The setting you are talking about is something similar to what etc6849 is talking about. With regards to losing picture, you can switch the masking on and off. If you are playing a 16:9 movie you can select the '16:9 osd' option in the video screen (while playing). This will remove the masking bars and also reposition the controls (play pause etc) back to the 16:9 locations.You can then zoom your projector back to 16:9 again. Note however that the skin itself, movies views etc is always in scope.

Chris
post #54 of 80 Old 09-10-2015, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Hi DAlba,
The setting you are talking about is something similar to what etc6849 is talking about. With regards to losing picture, you can switch the masking on and off. If you are playing a 16:9 movie you can select the '16:9 osd' option in the video screen (while playing). This will remove the masking bars and also reposition the controls (play pause etc) back to the 16:9 locations.You can then zoom your projector back to 16:9 again. Note however that the skin itself, movies views etc is always in scope.

Chris
Thank you Chris. One more question. I am a newbie. I am trying to change the background of the main home screen to something more home theaterish. I found the folder where backgrounds are stored and renamed the red curtain image to be the default file but when i load Kodi it now doesn't have any image at all. Any idea on what I am doing wrong? I did notice the original default image is a .png while all the other images were .jpg. Does that make a difference?
post #55 of 80 Old 10-18-2015, 07:12 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
That looks sick!
post #56 of 80 Old 01-22-2016, 05:36 PM - Thread Starter

Cheers boba

DAlba was sorted with his issue on the Kodi thread.

I havent been on here in a while. Most updates go on the Kodi forum but thought I'd pop in for those who arent on there.

I've added a new experimental feature which may be of use to some.
mrfattbill, I think you may have been looking for something like this?

Hi,

New skin release file : https://github.com/Funkd/ScopeNox/releases/download/1.8/skin.scope.nox.1.8.zip

For those who fancy a bit of experimenting, there is the Scope Nox Tools addon here : https://github.com/Funkd/ScopeNox/bl...enox.tools.zip

This is for people who rather resize the 16:9 / 4:3 videos (shrink them) to fit withing their scope screen instead of zooming their projector out.

Few warnings, if you manually change the subtitle position or the zoom amount in Kodi and then use these buttons they will be off.
For example, video, by default, is at 1.0 zoom. By clicking the zoom out button on this is drops back 24-25 steps to 0.74-0.75. If you manually changed the zoom to 0.80 and clicked the zoom out button, you would end up at 0.54-0.55. Same applies to subtitle position.

To use this :
Install the new skin
Install the addon
Go to Skin Settings and there should be a new option : 'Show Zoom/Subtitle Buttons for Non-Scope'.
If you select this option, there should be 4 new buttons on the OSD during video playback.
You must also allow control of Kodi via http port 80 as this uses commands to the web server.

See screenshot (top right) :

These buttons are for :
Zoom In
Zoom Out
Subtitles Up
Subtitles Down

The amount of zoom/subtitle repositioning is set to suit 2.35 and 2.40 screen formats.

If anyone tries it, let me know how you get on and as always if there are any other issues let me know also!
cat320 likes this.

Last edited by Its Chris; 01-23-2016 at 03:21 PM.
post #57 of 80 Old 02-08-2016, 01:10 PM

Liked: 10
Great Work. thx

Sorry, my English is bad :)
post #58 of 80 Old 02-13-2016, 10:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

@Its Chris

Is there a way to install this to Kodi 16 Beta 3? Everytime I try to install it, Kodi gives me a missing dependency error.

Thanks in advance!

post #59 of 80 Old 02-14-2016, 08:19 AM

Liked: 10
Works here on KODI 16 RC3. Install first "Aeon Nox" from the Kodi repository and then Chris Modded Version.

Sorry, my English is bad :)

Last edited by cat320; 02-14-2016 at 08:26 AM.
post #60 of 80 Old 02-14-2016, 08:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat320 View Post
Works here on KODI 16 RC3. Install first "Aeon Nox" from the Kodi repository and then Chris Modded Version.

Thanks, gonna try that.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 2.35:1 Constant Image Height Chat

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page