Kodi for 2.35 (CIH), Aeon Nox - Modded. - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 7Likes

post #61 of 80 Old 02-14-2016, 08:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 657 Post(s)
Liked: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat320 View Post
Works here on KODI 16 RC3. Install first "Aeon Nox" from the Kodi repository and then Chris Modded Version.

Still no go... I even installed Aeon Nox and set it as the active skin. With Aeon Nox active, I tried to install ScopeNox 1.8 from zip and keep getting the same error:

"The dependency on xmbc.gui 5.3.0 could not be satisfied"

LG OLED-65C7P / Denon AVR-X4300H / Klipsch RP-280F (L/R) / Klipsch RP-450C / Klipsch RP-150M (x4) / Klipsch RP-140SA (Atmos) / HSU VTF-3 MK5 DualDrive / PS4 Pro / Xbox One X / AppleTV 4K / Logitech Harmony Elite
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 80 Old 02-14-2016, 08:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Copy the Content/Folder manually to C:\Users\your name\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons

I have ScopeNox 1,7

https://github.com/Funkd/ScopeNox/re...pe.nox.1.7.zip

Sorry, i was on Isengard 15.2. I have install for a few Weeks a old Version from Kodi.

But, i install Jarvis 16 RC3 and ScopeNox is still working.

Sorry, my English is bad :)

Last edited by cat320; 02-14-2016 at 09:11 AM.
post #63 of 80 Old 03-28-2016, 12:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 757 Post(s)
Liked: 225
I have a ChromeBox with Kodi installed. I never gave this much thought when my friend built my HTPC....... I guess i will need some advice on how to stretch the pic

As of Feb 20th still looking for a Marantz SR7010
**HT Build https://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...-door-0-a.html **

DIY HT builds, are 90%planning, 10%construction
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 80 Old 06-04-2016, 05:33 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERuiz View Post
@Its Chris

Hey brother, how can I keep the Scope Mask button always ENABLED? IOW, everytime I play a movie, the Scope Mask button will be active.

Thanks!
hi Eruis, kevin here, i requested the same feature, can you get this to work. everytime i watch a new music video i have to re enable 21:9.
post #65 of 80 Old 09-06-2016, 12:53 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hi!

Can one with this modification playback also video in 2.35:1 and does this do vertical stretch so that one can use an
external lens? Does this work with the Shield?
post #66 of 80 Old 03-19-2017, 06:48 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 488 Post(s)
Liked: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Its Chris View Post
Hi,
Like alot of people I have seen on here and elsewhere, I have a CIH setup. I was unable to get the graphics card to put out a custom resolution so the current 21:9 skin they are working on doesnt work for me as it needs to be a real 2.35 resolution.

So I've taken it upon myself to solve my own problem :P I use the Aeon Nox skin and I've modded it so that all the GUI is inside the 800 pixels so it suits CIH setups perfectly.
i'm finding that playing around with the dsplayer's osd settings (move osd into active video area / define visible screen area) in combination with custom resolutions in the addon.xml file can, in effect, turn the kodi skin into a custom 2.35.1 skin given that the dspalyer's settings are global, i.e. they don't just impact the player which i assumed, instead the settings impact the entire skin, which is perfect for my my needs (2.35:1 screen)....

Last edited by aeneas01; 03-19-2017 at 06:54 PM.
post #67 of 80 Old 12-19-2017, 05:56 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Install on Nvidia Shield

Old thread I know... but how to I install this on Kodi on an Nvidia Shield?

Thanks!
Scott
post #68 of 80 Old 12-19-2017, 06:02 PM

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Dunlop View Post

Thanks!
Scott
You first need to download Kodi for Nvidia Shield by using the store. After that you can install the latest Scope Nox from Github. Download it by downloading it through the repository. Here's a link to the download.
https://github.com/Funkd/ScopeNox

Dual Denon 5200’s for 9.1.4, Emotiva IPS-1, Crown XLS 1502, Aircom S10 cooling fans | Definitive Technology BP2002, CLR 2002, BP-2x and BPX surround and heights, PSA 3600i dual 18’s (1), PSA xs15se's (2) Definitive Technology PF15TL (2)| JVC RS500, Oppo UHD-203 player, Lumagen Radiance Pro 4242, Custom 150" screen with Seymour XD material, Nvidia Shield, Panamax 5200
post #69 of 80 Old 12-19-2017, 06:11 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Thanks!
Scott
several ways, all easy... since i had already set up kodi on my pc to my liking, including some skin edits, i installed kodi on my shield as follows:

1. connect shield to my pc
2. download kodi zip for android to my pc (from kodi website)
3. copy the downloaded kodi zip file to my shield
4. open the kodi zip (using es explorer) from within shield and install
5. copy the contents of my pc kodi folder (c:\users\name\appdata\romaing\kodi\) to the shield's internal storage, where kodi user files were installed, so all my settings are preserved.
post #70 of 80 Old 12-19-2017, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverMDM View Post
You first need to download Kodi for Nvidia Shield by using the store. After that you can install the latest Scope Nox from Github. Download it by downloading it through the repository. Here's a link to the download.
https://github.com/Funkd/ScopeNox
Thanks - just did this and tried to install from zip (with regular Aeon Flux active) .. message is dependency on xbmc gui version 5.10.

Any ideas?
post #71 of 80 Old 12-19-2017, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeneas01 View Post
several ways, all easy... since i had already set up kodi on my pc to my liking, including some skin edits, i installed kodi on my shield as follows:

1. connect shield to my pc
2. download kodi zip for android to my pc (from kodi website)
3. copy the downloaded kodi zip file to my shield
4. open the kodi zip (using es explorer) from within shield and install
5. copy the contents of my pc kodi folder (c:\users\name\appdata\romaing\kodi\) to the shield's internal storage, where kodi user files were installed, so all my settings are preserved.
I am using Kodi 17 on the Shield and I get an error message - Failed to Install, depending on xbmc.gui version 5.10
post #72 of 80 Old 12-19-2017, 07:24 PM

Yes sorry, I meant install from ZIP in my last post - glad you did that. I believe the version I pasted was the last version of Scop Nox before Kodi 17. Try this beta version that Funk'd posted for those with Kodi 17. It has limited functions but it does work pretty well. If you don't want to do that, I'd download SPMC on your shield. That's what I'm using with the version of Scope Nox I previously posted for Kodi 16.
SPMC is just a better optimized version for Shield. I highly recommend it.

https://codeload.github.com/Funkd/ScopeNox/zip/krypton
post #73 of 80 Old 12-19-2017, 07:44 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I am using Kodi 17 on the Shield and I get an error message - Failed to Install, depending on xbmc.gui version 5.10
hmm, have never come across any error message when installing a zip from kodi's website, and i've tried many of them 17, 18 and nightly builds... right now i'm using the latest v18 64-bit and everything is running great:

http://mirrors.kodi.tv/nightlies/and...64-v8a/master/
post #74 of 80 Old 12-19-2017, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverMDM View Post
Yes sorry, I meant install from ZIP in my last post - glad you did that. I believe the version I pasted was the last version of Scop Nox before Kodi 17. Try this beta version that Funk'd posted for those with Kodi 17. It has limited functions but it does work pretty well. If you don't want to do that, I'd download SPMC on your shield. That's what I'm using with the version of Scope Nox I previously posted for Kodi 16.
SPMC is just a better optimized version for Shield. I highly recommend it.

https://codeload.github.com/Funkd/ScopeNox/zip/krypton
I grabbed this version from Funk'd - worked perfectly - will need to take a look at SPMC vs. Kodi tomorrow.

What am I missing using the Funk'd version under Kodi vs. yours under SPMC?

Many thanks!! Would have never done this without your help.
post #75 of 80 Old 12-19-2017, 09:09 PM

Quote:
I grabbed this version from Funk'd - worked perfectly - will need to take a look at SPMC vs. Kodi tomorrow.

What am I missing using the Funk'd version under Kodi vs. yours under SPMC?

Many thanks!! Would have never done this without your help.
It's not my version. Both are from Funk'd just different builds; one for kodi 16 the other a beta version for 17. I suggest you read more about Kodi vs SPMC here:
https://flixed.io/what-is-spmc/

You'll find that SPMC is a better alternative when using android based systems such as Nvidia Shield. Things like bitstreaming Atmos, etc. Actually work in SPMC where they don't in Kodi in Shield... or at least I couldn't get them to work reliably. Cheers
post #76 of 80 Old 01-21-2018, 03:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Hi guys. Haven?t been in here in a while! Finally got round to doing some more changes for Krypton.

Latest is :
https://github.com/Funkd/ScopeNox/re...e.nox.1.21.zip

If there are any issues let me know on here or the Kodi forum.

Cheers!
post #77 of 80 Old 05-23-2018, 06:38 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 42
I just installed this yesterday so I haven't had a lot of time with it yet, but wow!!!!! It sure looks like it solved my challenges. I am running a CIH setup with Panamorph Paladin lens. So my problem was in stretching the pic vertically for the compression of the lens, all the navigation GUI would be lost off the image. This solves it. Really nice work!!

I'd love to see some other skins converted to Scope. :-) How much effort is involved....now that you've done it once for Nox?

BTW....I ran it both on a HTPC Windows 10 as well as Nvidia Shield.

9.2.4 || Processor: Denon AVR-X3600H || Amps: Emotiva BasX A-300
Speakers: PSA MTM-210 LCR, BA VSi 593 IW Surround-Wide, BA VSi 560 IC Tops
Subs: Seaton Submersive F2+Slave Front
Screen: 2.40:1 Seymour XD, 120" wide || Projector: JVC RS-600 + Panamorph Paladin
Sources: Nvidia Shield, Oppo 205, Roku Ultra 4K, ATT UVerse, Toshiba HD-A35 HD-DVD
post #78 of 80 Old 05-23-2018, 06:56 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkscherk View Post
I just installed this yesterday so I haven't had a lot of time with it yet, but wow!!!!! It sure looks like it solved my challenges. I am running a CIH setup with Panamorph Paladin lens. So my problem was in stretching the pic vertically for the compression of the lens, all the navigation GUI would be lost off the image. This solves it. Really nice work!!

I'd love to see some other skins converted to Scope. :-) How much effort is involved....now that you've done it once for Nox?

BTW....I ran it both on a HTPC Windows 10 as well as Nvidia Shield.
Hey,
I've thought about converting a few others to scope but it takes quite a lot of time and by the time its done there could be new Kodi releases out and/or new skin updates! The guys who do the skins are fantastic. To modify one you need to get an idea of how they work and then be able to reposition/resize/remove things and add some extra features in some cases. I might give another one a go at some point though...

Chris.
post #79 of 80 Old 08-22-2018, 02:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 1842 Post(s)
Liked: 598
I tried posting this request on the Kodi forums but Chris/Funkd seems to have gone MIA. Hopefully he is enjoying a summer vacation.

I love this skin and I love the vertical shift feature of kodi - I want to combine them.

I want to show only the middle 800 pixels of any movie in my collection AND shift that to the top of the screen (typically -1.12)

Anyone have any ideas what I would need to do to make that happen? I'm up for editing xml files if that's what I need to do.
post #80 of 80 Old 08-28-2019, 03:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Quoted: 1138 Post(s)
Liked: 656
Are there any other options for a CIH setup?

I prefer the Titan skin (I'm using SPMC), and it would be okay, except the title info screen has all the options at the bottom, so if I'm watching something scope, I have to either guess and hope I'm on the right thing, or zoom back out to 16:9.

The Hodor Theater - Now with Atmos
Projector - JVC D-ILA NX7; Receiver - Yamaha Adventage A3050
LCR speakers - JTR Noesis 228 HT (3); Surr./Back - Klipsch Pro Cinema KPT-8000M (4)
Atmos In-ceiling - Niles DS8HD (4); Subs - Passive JTR Captivator Pro (2)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 2.35:1 Constant Image Height Chat