Digital Camera Anamorphic lens for CIH - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 6Likes

post #31 of 37 Old 01-08-2020, 08:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 632 Post(s)
Liked: 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Moore View Post
Yeah, I dunno... I've been watching. I think it's more likely that you got a great deal than it is you paid the going rate.
There is one right now on ebay that has been up for a week or so for less than 2k...I bet you can make an offer for at least a couple of Franklins lower.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 37 Old 01-09-2020, 01:03 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv View Post
Planning to use this slr magic anamorphot 50 on my HT5550. Can you please post some pics of how you mounted it.
Got the 50mm lens off ebay. I have used a panamorp UH480 previously with my benq ht5550. I can attest it works great with the benq I am using 1.4 zoom on 140 inch screen. Image is much sharper and brighter than panamorph. I am sure 65mm will be much better. Happy with my purchase.. Now I need to sell my panamorph here or on ebay.

shiv
Lexington, KY
post #33 of 37 Old 01-09-2020, 08:13 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv View Post
Got the 50mm lens off ebay. I have used a panamorp UH480 previously with my benq ht5550. I can attest it works great with the benq I am using 1.4 zoom on 140 inch screen. Image is much sharper and brighter than panamorph. I am sure 65mm will be much better. Happy with my purchase.. Now I need to sell my panamorph here or on ebay.
I'd be interested in that UH480.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 37 Old 01-09-2020, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killroy View Post
There is one right now on ebay that has been up for a week or so for less than 2k...I bet you can make an offer for at least a couple of Franklins lower.
Ah, I see what you meant. Cheaper than the 65... which I didn't realize was $1,500.
post #35 of 37 Old 01-09-2020, 09:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 632 Post(s)
Liked: 506
One more thing that no one has mentioned, or noticed, these SLR Magic lenses were designed and intended to be used to a camera that is filming/recording an image, not projecting one.

You have to understand that lenses are meant to do one of two things, project or capture. They were never designed to do BOTH. The ISCO, Panamorph, Schneiders, and other projector lenses were desinged to throw/project an image a great distance (distance from the front of the projector to your screen) and were optimized for that focus plane. Capture/recording lenses were designed and optomized to take an image from a great distance (your subject) and then sent/projected to a very limited distance (the camera sensor) which is usually a few millimeter or inches behind the lens.

In my experience, there has never been a capture/recording lens that has ever been produced that can project an image from a projector to a screen as well or even nearly as well as a projection lens. If this was the case then we could all use different "camera" lenses on projectors. And conversely, you will never find a projector lens that will outperform a camera lens when used on a recording device.
post #36 of 37 Old 01-09-2020, 12:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Dennis
Sent you a PM

shiv
Lexington, KY
post #37 of 37 Old 01-11-2020, 07:11 PM

shiv, I sent you one back.

I'm selling a Runco Vertical Compression lens if anybody in this thread is interested in a cheap A lens.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 2.35:1 Constant Image Height Chat

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page