I'm so close to getting this 50mm lens! I have a JVC rs400U.
Anyone like to guess how the Anamorphot would compare to a cinomorph P-100 (prism lens)?
I can get one here in Aus. ex demo, motorised, at double the price of the Anamorphot 50mm.
Or I could get the larger 65mm Anamorphot for almost the same price as the Cinomorph P-100.
Anamorphot 50 1.33x
1. Doesn't use full panel (1.33x = 3840x2160)
2. Less pixels
3. Less brightness (due to not using entire panel)?
4. More brightness due to being able to position the projector closer.
5. Higher sharpness, astigmatism removal (due to cylindrical lens adjustable focus)?
6. Half the price of the cinomorph $885 USD ($1300 AUD new + cost of mount)
7. Better/worse other - CA, etc?
Cinomorph P-100R (prismasonic): https://www.chromapure.co.uk/files/p100r_manual_web.pdf
1. Full panel use (1.25x possible = 4096x2160)
2. More pixels (sharper?)
3. Higher brightness? (or does the prism technology loose more light than the cylinder?)
4. Less sharpness & astigmatism due to prism tech?
5. Double the price of the Anamorphot $1700 USD ($2500 AUD ex demo, [$5000 AUD new])
6. Remote contol AR
7. Better/worse (other thing)?
I reckon their performance would be pretty close but the Anamorphot is far better bang-for-buck. Yes? No?
If I go for the Anamorphot 50mm - any suggestions of how to make an el cheapo stand/mount?