Is panamorph UH-480.up to. The 4k challenge jvc 5/7N - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 7Likes

post #31 of 33 Old 10-29-2019, 11:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2218 Post(s)
Liked: 1491
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanft View Post
I have the UH380, which is I believe one model behind the 480.

I tested it with the 4k UHD of Toy Story 4, which really is a fabulous demo disc. I did not see any discernible difference using the lens vs. not using the lens. I did see a shift in the color, but that seems easily corrected.]

I even did a hacky split view with the lens half on/off and didn't see a difference.
The NX7 Josh is using has a native 4K panel and better optics vs. your e-shift 1080 panel in the RS520, I had an RS520 and it was an awesome projector, but it isn't capable of the resolution and detail of the NX7. So it's very possible you aren't seeing a detail loss but would if you had the more capable projector.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 33 Old 10-29-2019, 11:22 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeahrens View Post
The NX7 Josh is using has a native 4K panel and better optics vs. your e-shift 1080 panel in the RS520, I had an RS520 and it was an awesome projector, but it isn't capable of the resolution and detail of the NX7. So it's very possible you aren't seeing a detail loss but would if you had the more capable projector.
That is a very real possibility. But I wonder what the real resolution increase between an RS520 and NX7 would really be. I can't really tell much difference between native 4k and pixel shifters when watching real content at my seating distance, but then maybe the optics are so much better that that alone makes the difference.

I guess I'll find out when I eventually upgrade!

JVC RS-520, Elite Screens 100" AcousticPro UHD electric
Klipsch RP-8000F, RP-450C, 2xRP-240S, 2xRP-402S, 2xSVS PB-1000
Denon AVR-X3200W/HDFury Linker/MiniDSP 2x4 HD
Panasonic UB820/PC/PS3/PS4 Pro/Switch/WiiU/Xbox One X/Original Xbox
Logitech Harmony Hub
post #33 of 33 Old 10-29-2019, 11:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2218 Post(s)
Liked: 1491
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanft View Post
That is a very real possibility. But I wonder what the real resolution increase between an RS520 and NX7 would really be. I can't really tell much difference between native 4k and pixel shifters when watching real content at my seating distance, but then maybe the optics are so much better that that alone makes the difference.

I guess I'll find out when I eventually upgrade!
I sit just over 9' from a 130" 2.35:1 screen. There is certainly material out there that produces a noticeable difference in detail on the NX7 vs. the RS520.

Keep in mind up until the current models the Sony 4K units didn't have the best optics and even today their image processing can't resolve single 4K test patterns correctly. So if that's your basis of comparison, seek out one of the JVC NXs. These units have the optics and processing to show single pixel 4K test patterns with very impressive sharpness and uniformity.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 2.35:1 Constant Image Height Chat

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page