Replacement for Pan AE4000...CIH without lens - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 04-28-2019, 10:31 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Replacement for Pan AE4000...CIH without lens

Hi folks, my ae4000 is getting old so i've been looking at these threads to see what the obvious replacement is. If there is one, i can't find it.

So if i don't want to get an anamorphic lens, is there a model people generally get that will allow the same kind of lens position/focus memory, so i can change between 16x9 and 2.35:1?

the AR autosensing and changing isn't really important to me (it tends to get fooled by video games), but switching between AR's with a handful of remote clicks is crucial. 4K would be ideal, but not a deal breaker. And the cheaper the better, but $3000 would be the rough ceiling.

Any ideas? the panny was just great, and current epson features seem to do this, but i'm afraid i maybe misunderstanding features since i see so much talk about extra lenses, which just sounds like a lot of work if an epson will do it .

Thanks everyone in advance, and for the last 15 years of your amazing help!

- Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-28-2019, 03:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 835 Post(s)
Liked: 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by agnathra View Post
Hi folks, my ae4000 is getting old so i've been looking at these threads to see what the obvious replacement is. If there is one, i can't find it.

So if i don't want to get an anamorphic lens, is there a model people generally get that will allow the same kind of lens position/focus memory, so i can change between 16x9 and 2.35:1?

the AR autosensing and changing isn't really important to me (it tends to get fooled by video games), but switching between AR's with a handful of remote clicks is crucial. 4K would be ideal, but not a deal breaker. And the cheaper the better, but $3000 would be the rough ceiling.

Any ideas? the panny was just great, and current epson features seem to do this, but i'm afraid i maybe misunderstanding features since i see so much talk about extra lenses, which just sounds like a lot of work if an epson will do it .

Thanks everyone in advance, and for the last 15 years of your amazing help!
If you have just a bit of wiggle room on the budget, take a look at the JVC projectors. Their D-ILA (as opposed to the more-common DLP) gives lovely black levels and very pleasing film-like images, and the 4K e-Shift is a very capable faux 4K image technology. And they have lens memory to do widescreen without an A-lens.
post #3 of 4 Old 05-01-2019, 05:12 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 1
If you are lucky you may be able to find a JVC x590r. Or if you can stretch a little bit, X790R which won't be easy to get a hold of.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 05-01-2019, 12:26 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 22
thanks for the responses!

- Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement