UST Optima and LG et al CIH with projector movement - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 09-17-2019, 08:17 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked: 49
UST Optima and LG et al CIH with projector movement

What are the chances that the new UST projectors can be slid out easily and up or down to zoom the 2.35 image to full screen when watching on a scope screen and switching from 16x9 material.

HTPC. Onkyo 636, Polk audio speakers and Klipsch sub. KHO-7 Outdoor speakers. Homeseer homecontrol over Z-wave.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-18-2019, 09:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 116 Post(s)
Quoted: 2164 Post(s)
Liked: 1086
I use this method with a conventional throw projector that is considered a shorter than average throw projector with great success. The projector I use like the USTs doesn’t have enough zoom, shift and lacks presets to do CIH. I mounted mine inverted on an inclined rail DIY mount that allows the projector to move and shift at the same time. The projector I selected has enough DOF depth of field to maintain sharp focus over the range needed for CIH plus some.

To do this with a UST the movement would be much shorter and the ramp angle much steeper and my guess is with each adjustment some focus would be needed. I’m not very up on UST projectors and their setups but I’m guessing the movement mechanics would need to be very precise.

Maybe some of the people with them will chime in and tell us what would be needed. Or maybe even try it for us.

Bud
post #3 of 3 Old 09-19-2019, 02:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 722 Post(s)
Liked: 212
I would think USTs would be too sensitive to position variance to work this way without a lot of overscan. Everything would have top be bolted down and very precise. Drawer slides might help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 2.35:1 Constant Image Height Chat

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page