Runco Whitney Vertical Compression & JVC RS45. - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 01-06-2020, 02:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Runco Whitney Vertical Compression & JVC RS45.

Hello there.

Looking at picking up a Runco Whitney lens for pretty cheap... but not sure it will work well with my setup, or benefit me in any real way.

Currently I have a 14' throw onto a 4' x 8' DIY screen. I can increase the throw distance by about a foot and a half, if I absolutely had to.

Ideally, I'd make a new screen that was 114" wide and 48" tall for a 2.39:1 screen... but I don't think I can even fill that in my room?

If I am doing my math right on the lens... I would need a throw distance of at least 17.2 feet for this (48 x 4.3). Is this correct?

So I would ask you all (if there is anyone that still frequents this forum regularly)... what is the largest image I can project (assuming a 16' max throw distance) without any adverse effects on the image through the lens?

My second question is an HTPC question... but I am assuming there are ways to leave the lens fixed and then scale 16:9 content, right? From what I gather, sliding the lens in and out of place would require two different zoom setups for different aspect ratios.

Thanks! I will probably pick this lens up, as it is rather cheap. If it doesn't work with my setup, maybe somebody here could appreciate it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 2.35:1 Constant Image Height Chat

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page