Anyone have a Car Sim in their Theater? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By tezster
  • 1 Post By mirkyman
  • 1 Post By KBMAN

post #1 of 20 Old 01-22-2018, 01:07 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 405 Post(s)
Liked: 207
Arrow Anyone have a Car Sim in their Theater?

I mean, the expensive $2000 Fanatec wheel/shifter/peddles, running DIRT RALLY, FORZA, and any other driving game out there, with a racing seat...I'm seriously in the market to buy such equipment (PM ME If you know where to find such stuff used). Does anyone have a full-on Racing Simulator with the racing seat, etc running with a projector with buttkickers??? If so, please chime in!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-01-22 at 12.08.26 AM.png
Views:	255
Size:	3.69 MB
ID:	2349460  

Last edited by KBMAN; 01-22-2018 at 01:11 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 01-22-2018, 11:39 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBMAN View Post
I mean, the expensive $2000 Fanatec wheel/shifter/peddles, running DIRT RALLY, FORZA, and any other driving game out there, with a racing seat...I'm seriously in the market to buy such equipment (PM ME If you know where to find such stuff used). Does anyone have a full-on Racing Simulator with the racing seat, etc running with a projector with buttkickers??? If so, please chime in!
I had an Obutto setup a few years ago that was pretty good. The problem was:

it took up a lot of space
it was uncomfortable to sit in for long periods of time
it wasn't meant for tall people
it monopolized your computer

I played mainly iracing on it. Super fun, but a lot of cash to dedicate to one thing like that. I ended up selling it after a few months and never played iracing again. I tried a wheel with forza on the xbox one but forza has poor wheel support so it's not even worth it (was more fun and I was faster with the controller).

My website on game room related stuff like pinball, bubble hockey, foosball, home theater, etc.
http://gameroominfo.com/
post #3 of 20 Old 01-22-2018, 01:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 652 Post(s)
Liked: 546
A racing seat is great in concept, but it's dedicated gear that can't be used for anything else, and it takes up a lot of space. A wheel stand can be a viable alternative - you mount your racing wheel/pedals onto it, but use your existing seating. Some of them can fold away for easier storage.

In either case, check out the sim racing hardware forum on GTplanet - lots of resources/information on there.
KBMAN likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 Old 01-22-2018, 02:21 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tezster View Post
A racing seat is great in concept, but it's dedicated gear that can't be used for anything else, and it takes up a lot of space. A wheel stand can be a viable alternative - you mount your racing wheel/pedals onto it, but use your existing seating. Some of them can fold away for easier storage.

In either case, check out the sim racing hardware forum on GTplanet - lots of resources/information on there.
YES, I agree (at least for us home theater guys). It would be cool to have a race-mount, portable and solid system to adapt to our own home theater-specific seating. DIY TIME It's funny though, that most 'simulators' aren't using projection at all...and with dinky little speakers...I want to change that
post #5 of 20 Old 01-23-2018, 11:08 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
YES, I agree (at least for us home theater guys). It would be cool to have a race-mount, portable and solid system to adapt to our own home theater-specific seating. DIY TIME It's funny though, that most 'simulators' aren't using projection at all...and with dinky little speakers...I want to change that
There's actually a pretty decent reason why people aren't using projectors and that's lag. A lot of those racing sim guys have low latency monitors hooked up to their high end pc, it definitely makes it easier when you have higher frame rates and low latency. In i-racing in particular, if you're off by even a hair you go spinning out of control.

My website on game room related stuff like pinball, bubble hockey, foosball, home theater, etc.
http://gameroominfo.com/
post #6 of 20 Old 01-25-2018, 05:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
It's not high end, but I'm happy with my setup. I'm not super serious about my sim racing though, but I think its been mentioned- but lag may get to you if you are. I personally haven't noticed it. Projector is an Epson 2040 (lag time under 30ms). But that said I'm not super serious about it. The fastest 4k TVs in game modes are in the 12-13ms range. While some of the newest Vizio E/M series are down around 45ms. Projector wise the BenQ gaming projector is the fastest in the 16ms range.

I play a lot of Dirt Rally/Dirt 4 on PS4, will sometimes dabble to F1, but dirt rally is always my go to. Sometimes I'll get to the more arcade style driving games like project cars or drive club. It's fun though, and with my 120" screen I can play with the in car mode and not feel like I can't see anything. I keep my setup fairly portable. I have a GT omega wheelstand with Logitech G29 wheel/shifter and pedals. I like the mechanical feel personally, but no they don't compare to high end setups. I have a plug under my seating for the USB and the power. Next step is to get a corbeau gaming base and racing seat to pull in when I want to play.

My friend who has a vecaro rig- full on buttkicker, surround, 50" curved 4k screen- thrustmaster T300 (decided against super high end stuff because he works) haha- and is trying to get me go bigger, with a dedicated rig and center it, and put theater seating to the sides- but I'm more into movies, and occasional fun. Honestly I have more fun on my less serious rig and giant size, and he feels the same way too sometimes. Again, we're not pro level, just simple PS4 sim racers. haha.

Craigslist is where I did a lot of my searching. Very hit n miss. I ended up getting some amazon gift cards and just bought new.
KBMAN likes this.
post #7 of 20 Old 01-26-2018, 11:11 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirkyman View Post
It's not high end, but I'm happy with my setup.
I play a lot of Dirt Rally/Dirt 4 on PS4, will sometimes dabble to F1, but dirt rally is always my go to. Sometimes I'll get to the more arcade style driving games like project cars or drive club. It's fun though, and with my 120" screen I can play with the in car mode and not feel like I can't see anything. I keep my setup fairly portable. I have a GT omega wheelstand with Logitech G29 wheel/shifter and pedals. I like the mechanical feel personally, but no they don't compare to high end setups. I have a plug under my seating for the USB and the power. Next step is to get a corbeau gaming base and racing seat to pull in when I want to play..
This is awesome that you are doing this Yeah my twin bro has the G29 setup, but not in a theater. I like the G29, but it really doesn't have that 'belt driven' feel, probably because it's not belt-driven! I'm looking to get the wheel base first, and from there I can muster up the funds to get some Fanatec Pedals, as they pretty much are the go-to in this hobby. The wheel base is where I'm having difficulties deciding, but I've narrowed it down to 2...The Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer and the Fanatec CSL Elite. These are not high-end direct drive units, but I think I will never get THAT serious about it I'm leaning towards the Thrustmaster, as I've heard numerous good things about it, and it's $400 (and comes with an F1 wheel, which I will replace at some point).

LAG on my system probably won't be a huge issue, since I have a JVC DLA-X570R (the RS420) with 'low latency mode', which I haven't tried yet.

I have the big-ass buttkickers in my Theater, so it would make sense to further develop/modify my Theater for a 'plug and play' xp, without the huge and bulky individual rig (FOR NOW). And getting a PS4 with DIRT RALLY, DIRT 4 as my favorite style of racing is Rally Racing. It's tough, and I like that! I could save more money by buying the Thruster pedals, but time will tell...
THANKS FOR YOUR 'FEEDBACK'
post #8 of 20 Old 01-26-2018, 12:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
This is awesome that you are doing this Yeah my twin bro has the G29 setup, but not in a theater. I like the G29, but it really doesn't have that 'belt driven' feel, probably because it's not belt-driven! I'm looking to get the wheel base first, and from there I can muster up the funds to get some Fanatec Pedals, as they pretty much are the go-to in this hobby. The wheel base is where I'm having difficulties deciding, but I've narrowed it down to 2...The Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer and the Fanatec CSL Elite. These are not high-end direct drive units, but I think I will never get THAT serious about it I'm leaning towards the Thrustmaster, as I've heard numerous good things about it, and it's $400 (and comes with an F1 wheel, which I will replace at some point).

LAG on my system probably won't be a huge issue, since I have a JVC DLA-X570R (the RS420) with 'low latency mode', which I haven't tried yet.

I have the big-ass buttkickers in my Theater, so it would make sense to further develop/modify my Theater for a 'plug and play' xp, without the huge and bulky individual rig (FOR NOW). And getting a PS4 with DIRT RALLY, DIRT 4 as my favorite style of racing is Rally Racing. It's tough, and I like that! I could save more money by buying the Thruster pedals, but time will tell...
THANKS FOR YOUR 'FEEDBACK'
The thrustmaster is a good wheel. Personally I hate their pedals and shifter. The pedals basically feel like arcade driving pedals with no feel and no resistance. The shifter is gated and super long. There are mods that can be bought for both though that do help improve the feel- it's just more money to be spent and I was on a budget. The pedals/shifter stock the G29 blows the thrustmasters out of the water for feel though. The G29 shifter is a bit light but I don't shift all that much anymore. It was more novel when I first got it.

The wheels- The thrustmaster being belt driven is super smooth, and there was a recent firmware update that made the feedback feel far better. Pre firmware update there was a weird yanking we would get. The firmware update helped make the feedback feel more linear. The wheel itself though doesn't feel as sporty in my hands. It is simply completely smooth and round, and slightly larger than the G29. The G29 feels better in my hands, has thumb bumps as I call them and the leather is perforated. The button layout also is better for me on the G29. Ultimately because I was on a budget, 330 bucks for the G29 package was a much better value than the 500 package for the Thrustmaster gear.

I'm actually going to go back to Dirt Rally from the start again. Dirt4 is fun, and a more complete game but lost some of its grit with all the user changeable settings- and I get lost sometimes in the complexity of the menus and choices.

On the projector screen though it really just takes it all to another level.

My wheelstand (GT OMEGA), is height adjustable, so I have actually just pulled it up to the couch and driven while sitting on the couch. Not ideal for long sessions because of no support, but when its me and some friends we switch off, so its not so bad. Plus I don't think I've ever spent more than an hour straight of driving ever, so to give up a dedicated spot for movie seating just doesnt work for me.
post #9 of 20 Old 04-10-2018, 06:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 2812 Post(s)
Liked: 1498
Quote:
@ KBMAN I did have a full racing simulator, was intended for flight simulation added the Fanatec system. Visuals are triple projectors using BenQ HT2150ST and a Simpit Centurion , 270 degree surround 16ft of screen . Have the racing seat with butt kickers and 5.1 surround, even the games you mention all to a T. Unfortunately I am moving so all has to be sold. So far all the Fanatic components and flight simulator controls are gone, the rest will go as well as I don't have the room for this in my new place . I can answer question if you wish though and provide some pictures as necessary .

Dedicated Theater: Sony VPL VW5000 , Panamorph DCR & ISCO III L Anamorphic Lens, Draper TecVision XT1800X Screen, 2.40:1 134" diagonal curved , Denon AVR-X8500 , 9.2.6 Atmos, Panasonic UB900, Oppo 203, Lumagen Pro 4440 , (3) Paradigm CI Elite E7-L+C+R fronts, , (2) CI Pro P80-IW Rear, (2) Paradigm SA-ADP In-wall Surround, (6) SIG-1.5R-30 v.3 In-Ceiling, Subwoofers: (2) SVS SB-16 Ultra , (1) SVS PC13-Ultra .
post #10 of 20 Old 04-10-2018, 04:56 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Roxiedog13 that sounds like it was an amazing setup I have pieced my rig together now, running 1 JVC projector (3 would be insanely cool!), and my thrustmaster TS-PC racer wheel base, coupled with a TM 599xx alcantara rim. Plus the T3PA ? Pedal set from TM. So far, so good! I bought that draper accuscreen (electric) for a measly $58 new, thanks to heads-up from a few AVSers here. Good luck with the move! I will be doing the same thing (moving), hopefully by the end of '18
roxiedog13 likes this.
post #11 of 20 Old 04-10-2018, 05:04 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirkyman View Post
The thrustmaster is a good wheel. Personally I hate their pedals and shifter. The pedals basically feel like arcade driving pedals with no feel and no resistance. The shifter is gated and super long. There are mods that can be bought for both though that do help improve the feel- it's just more money to be spent and I was on a budget. The pedals/shifter stock the G29 blows the thrustmasters out of the water for feel though. The G29 shifter is a bit light but I don't shift all that much anymore. It was more novel when I first got it.

The wheels- The thrustmaster being belt driven is super smooth, and there was a recent firmware update that made the feedback feel far better. Pre firmware update there was a weird yanking we would get. The firmware update helped make the feedback feel more linear. The wheel itself though doesn't feel as sporty in my hands. It is simply completely smooth and round, and slightly larger than the G29. The G29 feels better in my hands, has thumb bumps as I call them and the leather is perforated. The button layout also is better for me on the G29. Ultimately because I was on a budget, 330 bucks for the G29 package was a much better value than the 500 package for the Thrustmaster gear.

I'm actually going to go back to Dirt Rally from the start again. Dirt4 is fun, and a more complete game but lost some of its grit with all the user changeable settings- and I get lost sometimes in the complexity of the menus and choices.

On the projector screen though it really just takes it all to another level.

My wheelstand (GT OMEGA), is height adjustable, so I have actually just pulled it up to the couch and driven while sitting on the couch. Not ideal for long sessions because of no support, but when its me and some friends we switch off, so its not so bad. Plus I don't think I've ever spent more than an hour straight of driving ever, so to give up a dedicated spot for movie seating just doesnt work for me.
Thanks so much buddy! I have already purchased the Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer...what a monster it is. I sold the F1 rim, and basically traded straight for the TM 599xx Alcantara rim...I JUST modded the rim with a leather DIY cover (the Alcantara gets my hands dry after a few hours of play), and it looks and feels beautiful...I have the T3PA pedals, which I will get modded with a load cell, sooner or later
post #12 of 20 Old 05-02-2018, 09:41 AM

Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
Thanks so much buddy! I have already purchased the Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer...what a monster it is. I sold the F1 rim, and basically traded straight for the TM 599xx Alcantara rim...I JUST modded the rim with a leather DIY cover (the Alcantara gets my hands dry after a few hours of play), and it looks and feels beautiful...I have the T3PA pedals, which I will get modded with a load cell, sooner or later
How are you liking the Thrustmaster? I've been looking into getting a wheel for my xbox one, and at my price point (<400) it's between a thrustmaster and a logitech G920.

What did you do for a stand? I can't get away with a full seat setup, so have been looking into a stand to use with a couch/recliner seat.

Denon X4300H; Sony XBR75 900E; Definitive Technology RLS-II/DI 5.5LCR/DI 5.5R; NHT SW12
post #13 of 20 Old 05-02-2018, 01:00 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoZags13 View Post
How are you liking the Thrustmaster? I've been looking into getting a wheel for my xbox one, and at my price point (<400) it's between a thrustmaster and a logitech G920.

What did you do for a stand? I can't get away with a full seat setup, so have been looking into a stand to use with a couch/recliner seat.
I really like the Thrustmaster TS-PC wheel base! My twin brother has a Logitech G920, and there is no comparison...Don't get me wrong, I like the G920 for its' ergonomics, but my TM is on a totally different level...#1 . my wheel base is WAYYYY more powerful, and not a kids toy. It actually competes with Fanatec Elite wheel bases, even their club sport (although the Fanatec wheel base is even smoother than my TS-PC). The Logitech G920 is gear driven, so it feels pretty 'gritty' which I don't like.

2. TS-PC racer wheel base can except different wheels...Logitech cannot (unless you seriously mod it). That is why it was possible for me to take off the stock F1 rim, and get the 599xx Alcantara wheel.

GoZags13 , it really depends on how serious you want to get, and to be honest most console-based racing sims 'dumb down' their force feedback features, which is a shame, imo.

You want to get a setup that is designed for the xbox....(although, there is an $80 device that can convert just about any wheel to your platform...forgot the name, but it's like a universal hub that adapts different brands/models to work with all platforms). PS...Do not get the TS-PC Racer, as it is for PC only! The Thrustmaster T300 would be a great choice, but make sure, whatever wheel you get, that it's fully compatible with the XBOX...if it's not, then there will be lots of headaches getting it to work properly, and dialed in. I hope that helps.... ABOUT THE RIG....I am currently building one myself, with really unique mods...my racing seat has a lawn mower tractor hood thats been pimped out with graphics and lighting.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2796.JPG.9519f38f3e655418b9ef7807da48ec96.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	718.0 KB
ID:	2398162   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0544.JPG.c7a3dd6da975d9c2fb847c126edb3f3a.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	362.4 KB
ID:	2398164   Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg.e0856a8159647e12aff57683cf23e38c.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	2398166  
post #14 of 20 Old 05-02-2018, 01:12 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

By the way, I'm running my sim rig upstairs and not in the theater...I bought the $60 draper electric 92" screen, and mounted at the ceiling that drops down in front of the back bedroom window....it works nicely in this setup, and running my trusty JVC DLA-RS20 projector that is set on my dresser (for now). I can't imagine racing on a 27" anymore! OH, and GoZags13 , if you want a wealth of knowledge on all this stuff, including a marketplace where you can find really good deals on wheels, etc...go to

http://www.isrtv.com
post #15 of 20 Old 05-03-2018, 12:18 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 31
KBMAN, there may be a few places near you that you could try a motion rig at like a games bar. It's worth a try before you look into buying that, except that unless you go to a place that just does sim racing their setup will probably be wack.

The motion rig can add some good entertainment especially on a console game. For a more involved sim, its a lot more entertainment than realism. They just do not have the capability to produce consistently helpful accel/balance ques.

You are much better off to put money into the wheel and pedals especially for a realistic brake pedal, and graphics cards if you go the PC route.

As for the motion rig, if you setup the buttkickers properly they will provide a high level of immersion and enjoyment. I run Clark Synthesis on my rig and recommend getting some because they work 5-20000Hz where the buttkickers don't do much over 400Hz. With full range vibration the Clark really put you into the car.

Projector is cool but the future is VR!

EDIT yes, my sim rig is in theater but not on projector (I find only nose view works well with that setup unless you drape the screen just behind the wheel), triple BENQ 27" 3d for now - VR to come. DIY made rig with balanced seat and Clarks - T500 - DIY sequential - DIY 200lb load cell brake. Eww, T500 still needs to become DIY wheel. Most important part rFactor 2!

Last edited by tooslow2; 05-03-2018 at 12:30 AM.
post #16 of 20 Old 05-03-2018, 07:58 AM

Quote:
I really like the Thrustmaster TS-PC wheel base! My twin brother has a Logitech G920, and there is no comparison...Don't get me wrong, I like the G920 for its' ergonomics, but my TM is on a totally different level...#1 . my wheel base is WAYYYY more powerful, and not a kids toy. It actually competes with Fanatec Elite wheel bases, even their club sport (although the Fanatec wheel base is even smoother than my TS-PC). The Logitech G920 is gear driven, so it feels pretty 'gritty' which I don't like.

2. TS-PC racer wheel base can except different wheels...Logitech cannot (unless you seriously mod it). That is why it was possible for me to take off the stock F1 rim, and get the 599xx Alcantara wheel.

GoZags13 , it really depends on how serious you want to get, and to be honest most console-based racing sims 'dumb down' their force feedback features, which is a shame, imo.

You want to get a setup that is designed for the xbox....(although, there is an $80 device that can convert just about any wheel to your platform...forgot the name, but it's like a universal hub that adapts different brands/models to work with all platforms). PS...Do not get the TS-PC Racer, as it is for PC only! The Thrustmaster T300 would be a great choice, but make sure, whatever wheel you get, that it's fully compatible with the XBOX...if it's not, then there will be lots of headaches getting it to work properly, and dialed in. I hope that helps.... ABOUT THE RIG....I am currently building one myself, with really unique mods...my racing seat has a lawn mower tractor hood thats been pimped out with graphics and lighting.
Thanks for the info, and your setup sounds/looks sweet! I especially like hearing a direct comparison between wheels. I'll check into that site, it's good to the enthusiasts pages to get helpful info. Plus I'd be totally fine using a used wheel if I can get a good deal on one.

Denon X4300H; Sony XBR75 900E; Definitive Technology RLS-II/DI 5.5LCR/DI 5.5R; NHT SW12
post #17 of 20 Old 06-06-2018, 10:22 AM

Well I got a used Thrustmaster TMX Pro (has the nicer pedals) and a wheel stand pro for $190, and it rocks! Been playing Forza on it. Best part is that it folds down compact, so I can throw it behind the couch when not in use. While it'd be fun to have a full rig, I can't get away with a permanent setup like that.

post #18 of 20 Old 12-30-2018, 11:11 PM
pjp
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 794 Post(s)
Liked: 456
My son has a full sim setup with Fanatec in our theater with 106" projector screen for iRacing. He's very serious about racing and has a team that competes in 3/6/12/24 hour endurance races. He doesn't see any issues with lag with our Sony projector. The biggest issue with a single monitor is field of view. With a single monitor, even one that is 106", the field of view is limited to something like 80 degrees. That's fine for racing individually, but not fine for racing with competitors, especially in multi-class races where there can be massive speed differences between competitors of different classes. The 7.1 surround sound helps a lot because he can hear competitors approaching and where they are even if he can't see them. He can flick to "side view" for a second while racing to see around him, but not ideal when you are trying to have a perfect line throughout the course.

We are going to test 3 monitors -- I hope he hates it because those monitors are going to block to projector and we'll need to remove them to watch movies. They now have 21:9 ultrawide monitors (BenQ's seems to be preferred for iRacing) that can give a pretty decent field of view (much better than a standard 16:9 monitor, but not as good as triples).
post #19 of 20 Old 12-31-2018, 10:39 AM
Oh ya I'm a Member

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 82
I setup my sim rig in my theater, just to see...
It was pretty cool but I have to say once you get a Vr rig it's the way to go. The immersion is insane when your driving, glance down to see the cockpit or your virtual legs... crazy.
Feels like your really in the car. The menus feel like your sitting 6' away from a 100" screen.
Downside is screen door effect is real. I'm using the oculus rift. It disappears once you get in the game but I still am bothered by it. Second it's a graphic resource hog. I run a 1080ti and still can't run full settings.
Hopefully the 2nd generation goggles will be markedly improved
So now I just keep the theater for movies

klaatu barada nik*cough*
Denon AVR-X4300H/Turd Sony- 7.4.4
Polk Rti A9 LCR, Volt6 Surrounds and Heights
Inuke 3000,6000- 2x HO18 sealed, 2x Ultimax18 sealed, MiniDSP HD
PT ae8000 Projector, Sony UBP-X800, Harmony Elite, Falcon 110 2:35.1 Screen
post #20 of 20 Old 12-31-2018, 11:27 AM
pjp
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 794 Post(s)
Liked: 456
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medi0gre View Post
I setup my sim rig in my theater, just to see...
It was pretty cool but I have to say once you get a Vr rig it's the way to go. The immersion is insane when your driving, glance down to see the cockpit or your virtual legs... crazy.
Feels like your really in the car. The menus feel like your sitting 6' away from a 100" screen.
Downside is screen door effect is real. I'm using the oculus rift. It disappears once you get in the game but I still am bothered by it. Second it's a graphic resource hog. I run a 1080ti and still can't run full settings.
Hopefully the 2nd generation goggles will be markedly improved
So now I just keep the theater for movies
My son gave up on VR for iRacing because of tracking issues. He's in the minority, most get it to work but he saw glitches in tracking while driving. His team competes in very long (12 and 24 hour) endurance races and tracking glitches were fatal for those efforts. <- Lot's of people do run endurance with VR, just didn't work for him

He has the Oculus Rift and also tried Samsung's just-released Odyssey Plus. On the plus side, the Odyssey Plus has much better graphics than the Rift and it also does not require any sensors. On the downside, the Odyssey Plus is less comfortable than the Rift and is not designed to be worn with glasses. If you don't need to wear glasses, it might be worth checking out the Odyssey Plus.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Game Room Equipment & Accessories

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page