Shuffleboard table questions help - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 02-06-2018, 04:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Shuffleboard table questions help

Is shuffleboard a failing sport? I can't even find a forum for Shuffleboard. I wanted to know how to use an electronic scorer. People have all kinds of answers for what goes in the center digital number area. Anyone know of a good forum for shuffleboard? Thanks Ron
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180203_8.JPG
Views:	116
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	2357162  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 02-06-2018, 04:23 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 2341 Post(s)
Liked: 4467
I've had one for years. I don't know what goes in the center number, either, unless you're doing it like tennis, where it's the best of so many games. Mine didn't have a center number.

I'd say don't worry about it. If you're trying to have a tournament in your home bar, you're missing the point of having a home bar. In my experience, after one game, the participants are usually ready to sit down, have some beers, and let someone else play.

Walking the fine line between jaw-dropping and a plain ol' yawn.
post #3 of 8 Old 02-06-2018, 04:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDon View Post
I've had one for years. I don't know what goes in the center number, either, unless you're doing it like tennis, where it's the best of so many games. Mine didn't have a center number.

I'd say don't worry about it. If you're trying to have a tournament in your home bar, you're missing the point of having a home bar. In my experience, after one game, the participants are usually ready to sit down, have some beers, and let someone else play.
10-4. I understand!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 02-06-2018, 04:50 PM
Super Moderator

As for failing, who knows. If you have the table in your bar, someone will play. Oddly, we rarely played it, but everyone who came over would immediately hit the table, even with four games going on the TV wall. It's my dartboard that got ignored.

Do spend a little extra to get the really quiet shuffleboard powder. And put something at each end where you can set a beer and a coaster. Or four.

post #5 of 8 Old 04-09-2018, 12:46 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
The center number is for the frame. Play from one end, frame 1, play from the other, frame 2 etc..

In a traditional game of knock off to 15/21 it wouldn't matter but you could play until frame x highest score or there are other shuffleboard games as well.

Also, it could be used for frames of bowling if you had the pins.
post #6 of 8 Old 05-25-2018, 07:06 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
As for failing, who knows. If you have the table in your bar, someone will play. Oddly, we rarely played it, but everyone who came over would immediately hit the table, even with four games going on the TV wall. It's my dartboard that got ignored.

Do spend a little extra to get the really quiet shuffleboard powder. And put something at each end where you can set a beer and a coaster. Or four.
I just got one, I was talking to the guys that delivered and set it up, guy told me about a year ago, they did one every six months, now they deliver one at least once per week. From everything I hear, its really picking up with the younger people as a lot of the bars are getting them now.

How often do you vacuum yours out? I just got it, I have a lot to learn.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	shuffleboard.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	749.3 KB
ID:	2407254  

Last edited by bofa89; 05-25-2018 at 07:10 AM.
post #7 of 8 Old 05-25-2018, 01:51 PM
Super Moderator

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by bofa89 View Post
How often do you vacuum yours out? I just got it, I have a lot to learn.
Actually, I don't unless something else (cigar ashes, etc) gets in there. I have quite a buildup, but it's easier to grab a pinch from there to fix a dry spot than go over to the equipment cabinet and get the shaker.

post #8 of 8 Old 05-29-2018, 06:55 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Actually, I don't unless something else (cigar ashes, etc) gets in there. I have quite a buildup, but it's easier to grab a pinch from there to fix a dry spot than go over to the equipment cabinet and get the shaker.

That's what I plan to do as well, the instructions that came with mine said to clean off the board daily and to vacuum up the sides. That seems crazy to me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Game Room Equipment & Accessories

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page