7' or 8' pool table for home? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By pkinneb

post #1 of 4 Old 12-14-2019, 04:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
7' or 8' pool table for home?

First time poster here, found your forum while searching for real life responses to this question rather than reading tables online. I am in the process of finishing my basement and have a portion of the room that's measuring 16'6" x 12'6".

The first page I've found was the Brunswick page and it sounds like I could do an 8' table with shorter cues (48" or 52"). 7' would be a "safer" choice as it would fit more comfortably, but I'd like to try my hand at some snooker and have as much playing surface as possible so I'd like to lean towards to 8'. What do you guys think on this one?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-14-2019, 05:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Waters View Post
First time poster here, found your forum while searching for real life responses to this question rather than reading tables online. I am in the process of finishing my basement and have a portion of the room that's measuring 16'6" x 12'6".

The first page I've found was the Brunswick page and it sounds like I could do an 8' table with shorter cues (48" or 52"). 7' would be a "safer" choice as it would fit more comfortably, but I'd like to try my hand at some snooker and have as much playing surface as possible so I'd like to lean towards to 8'. What do you guys think on this one?
And probably worth mentioning, the width of the room is because of a support pole in the basement not necessarily the width of the room if that plays into the recommendation at all.
post #3 of 4 Old 12-20-2019, 11:18 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 375 Post(s)
Liked: 1287
We have an 8' in a 17' x 15' space and it works great. I think you would be fine, some shots on the side could require a shorter cue but only if the ball was on the bumper most likely. That is also assuming there are walls on all four sides if its open most furniture is not going to interfere. The support pole will affect a shot now and then but I would not forgo the table you want over that. Good luck!

Here's a couple picks to give you some perspective. FWIW my measurements are taken from above the half walls here.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5473.JPG
Views:	245
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	2656452   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5476.JPG
Views:	227
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	2656454  
Lynkage likes this.

My Theater Build - Full Circle Cinema