AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/)
-   Great Found Deals (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/122-great-found-deals/)
-   -   ELAC UF5 $349 @Amazon.com (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/122-great-found-deals/2707321-elac-uf5-349-amazon-com.html)

seainc 01-07-2017 06:33 PM

ELAC UF5 $349 @Amazon.com

$349 each at Amazon.com, just bought a pair.

I'm new member from CA. Thanks

bgtighe23 01-07-2017 06:36 PM

I noticed that today as well. From release date to first sale, that was a short time frame.

LDBaha 01-07-2017 10:05 PM

Haha I came here to post about this deal.

I just got a pair, I was waiting for this moment. yessss

bgtighe23 01-08-2017 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LDBaha (Post 49681113)

pics?

head_unit 01-08-2017 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seainc (Post 49677809)
$349 each at Amazon.com, just bought a pair.

I'm new member from CA. Thanks

Welcome! Are you near L.A.?

b-bartel 01-08-2017 02:30 PM

Thanks! Love this forum, first got a killer deal on a receiver, now speakers!

heavyharmonies 01-08-2017 03:47 PM

You can still order at this price, but stock on hand is gone. Says that it ships in "1-2 months".

LDBaha 01-08-2017 06:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by bgtighe23 (Post 49699337)
Quote:

Originally Posted by LDBaha (Post 49681113)

pics?

Here you go!

LastButNotLeast 01-09-2017 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgtighe23 (Post 49699337)
pics?

He meant of the speakers, not the deal. :rolleyes: Though pics of the speakers aren't hard to find, the preference is to see them set up. So stop back after you get them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by b-bartel (Post 49699945)
Thanks! Love this forum, first got a killer deal on a receiver, now speakers!

You're just getting warmed up - see sig. :eek:
Michael

b-bartel 01-09-2017 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lastbutnotleast (Post 49713865)
you're just getting warmed up - see sig. :eek:
Michael

lol!

LDBaha 01-09-2017 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LastButNotLeast (Post 49713865)
He meant of the speakers, not the deal. :rolleyes: Though pics of the speakers aren't hard to find, the preference is to see them set up. So stop back after you get them.

You're just getting warmed up - see sig. :eek:
Michael

Haha I'm dumb.

I should be getting them tomorrow! I'll post pictures and give you my impressions after I set them up. I'm upgrading from some old JBL Northridge Series N38II :(

OrLED 01-09-2017 02:31 PM

Definately a good deal... i think those would be too large in sound for my area so im hoping for a sale on the Debut F5s...

seainc 01-09-2017 07:05 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Mine arrived today :D

skyline513 01-09-2017 07:12 PM

For those of you looking to get these potentially faster than Amazon, Best Buy just started carrying these online and I was able to get them to price match Amazon's price. I was quoted a delivery time of 1 week. Hope this helps!

skyline513 01-09-2017 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seainc (Post 49740801)
Mine arrived today :D

How do they sound so far, and what did they replace?

bgtighe23 01-10-2017 07:11 PM

looks like Amazon now has some back in stock and back at the $500 price.
I actually didn't purchase a pair because they went out of stock and said they would ship in 1-2 months (as said above).

curious if anyone purchased them while they were out of stock and if they have shipped or not

Contuzzi 01-10-2017 07:14 PM

It's important to note that this was NOT a legit ELAC approved deal, and Best Buy (or anyone) should not be honoring these prices.

skyline513 01-10-2017 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Contuzzi (Post 49774345)
It's important to note that this was NOT a legit ELAC approved deal, and Best Buy (or anyone) should not be honoring these prices.

Why not? They were "shipped and sold by Amazon.com" and Amazon is listed as an authorized retailer on ELAC's website. Further, Best Buy's price matching guidelines state that they will price match items shipped and sold by Amazon.com

Contuzzi 01-10-2017 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyline513 (Post 49775481)
Why not? They were "shipped and sold by Amazon.com" and Amazon is listed as an authorized retailer on ELAC's website. Further, Best Buy's price matching guidelines state that they will price match items shipped and sold by Amazon.com

Because it was not an ELAC approved deal. As you can see, the price is back to normal for a reason. Must have been a mistake on Amazon's part. The few that got Best Buy to price match lucked out, but Best Buy should not be matching that price anymore.

skyline513 01-10-2017 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Contuzzi (Post 49776225)
Because it was not an ELAC approved deal. As you can see, the price is back to normal for a reason. Must have been a mistake on Amazon's part. The few that got Best Buy to price match lucked out, but Best Buy should not be matching that price anymore.

How do you know that it wasn't an ELAC approved deal for Amazon only? When a few of their models (B5, B6, and UB5) went on sale for Black Friday they were Amazon only deals.

Best Buy won't price match that price anymore since the $349 deal is now over..

LDBaha 01-11-2017 01:30 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Hey guys,

They arrived yesterday so I set them up, re-ran Audissey etc, played with them for a while.

I'm attaching some pics to this post. I don't have the most optimal hearing space (one of the spaeakers is on a corner although separated from it). It's a small appartment, however I was able to get my speakers properly set to the MLP (the triangle with the same distance etc etc).

The speakers are replacing some old JBL Northridge N38II. I have tested/listened to other speakers on my friend's set up and others but I was never hooked until a few months ago. They are taller and slimmer and better looking than those old speakers. They have a vinyl on them but overall the speaker feels premium (maybe not premium compared to b&w, martin logan etc) but you know what I mena.

I'm running this setup:

Elac Uni-fi towers and center
Old Bose Series IV or something as surrounds.
Elac Atmos as front dolby.
DENON AVR x1300w.

Combo of PS4 Pro gaming, flac music and blu-ray movies.

In the beginning when I set them up I was like "hmmm this doesn't sound that much different" but then I re-ran Audissey and started to increase the volume. First thing I noticed was the clarity. WOW. I'm not much of an audiophile (trying to becoming one though) the clarity is what impressed me the most. Audissey set them at around -3.5db

The power on these things is so awesome too. Before I was able to get the AVR up to 0db and it was loud (a bit distorted) but loud. However with these Elacs when I'm around -5db I have my wife yelling at me because it's already super loud but SUPER CLEAN.

The transitions between midranges and highs are what I like the best about these speakers. They also have pretty solid bass (I do not care about bass much though).

With movies it was also fantastic, Mad Max was amazing. Now that I have the 3 UniFi LCR it just sounds 'right', that's the best way I can put it. Something was off before and I couldn't put my finger on it.

As an added bonus, because they're taller than my previous speakers (a lot more with the installed feed/spikes) now my Atmos speakers can be heard A LOT better.

PS: Regarding if a promo/price drop is approved from the manufacturer or not it doesn't matter. They were sold by Amazon.com directly and that's all that counts for a price match. It has nothing to do with the manufacturer (Elac in this case). Maybe Amazon made a mistake or maybe they needed to clear out some stock or w/e

seainc 01-11-2017 03:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by skyline513 (Post 49741169)
How do they sound so far, and what did they replace?

I have Sony flat speakers so ELAC is a major upgrade for me. I'm not much of a audiophile and I'm very happy with ELAC. I'm hoping Amazon will drop the $ on UC5 soon :D

Rich B. 01-12-2017 04:37 PM

Looking good!

skyline513 01-13-2017 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seainc (Post 49802049)

I have Sony flat speakers so ELAC is a major upgrade for me. I'm not much of a audiophile and I'm very happy with ELAC. I'm hoping Amazon will drop the $ on UC5 soon https://www.avsforum.com//forum/image...es/biggrin.gif

Wow that's quite the upgrade!! Congrats and looks good!

skyline513 01-13-2017 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LDBaha (Post 49796617)
Hey guys,

They arrived yesterday so I set them up, re-ran Audissey etc, played with them for a while.

I'm attaching some pics to this post. I don't have the most optimal hearing space (one of the spaeakers is on a corner although separated from it). It's a small appartment, however I was able to get my speakers properly set to the MLP (the triangle with the same distance etc etc).

The speakers are replacing some old JBL Northridge N38II. I have tested/listened to other speakers on my friend's set up and others but I was never hooked until a few months ago. They are taller and slimmer and better looking than those old speakers. They have a vinyl on them but overall the speaker feels premium (maybe not premium compared to b&w, martin logan etc) but you know what I mena.

I'm running this setup:

Elac Uni-fi towers and center
Old Bose Series IV or something as surrounds.
Elac Atmos as front dolby.
DENON AVR x1300w.

Combo of PS4 Pro gaming, flac music and blu-ray movies.

In the beginning when I set them up I was like "hmmm this doesn't sound that much different" but then I re-ran Audissey and started to increase the volume. First thing I noticed was the clarity. WOW. I'm not much of an audiophile (trying to becoming one though) the clarity is what impressed me the most. Audissey set them at around -3.5db

The power on these things is so awesome too. Before I was able to get the AVR up to 0db and it was loud (a bit distorted) but loud. However with these Elacs when I'm around -5db I have my wife yelling at me because it's already super loud but SUPER CLEAN.

The transitions between midranges and highs are what I like the best about these speakers. They also have pretty solid bass (I do not care about bass much though).

With movies it was also fantastic, Mad Max was amazing. Now that I have the 3 UniFi LCR it just sounds 'right', that's the best way I can put it. Something was off before and I couldn't put my finger on it.

As an added bonus, because they're taller than my previous speakers (a lot more with the installed feed/spikes) now my Atmos speakers can be heard A LOT better.

PS: Regarding if a promo/price drop is approved from the manufacturer or not it doesn't matter. They were sold by Amazon.com directly and that's all that counts for a price match. It has nothing to do with the manufacturer (Elac in this case). Maybe Amazon made a mistake or maybe they needed to clear out some stock or w/e

Looks like a great setup and nice mini review! Is that a KS8000 you're running too?

LDBaha 01-13-2017 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyline513 (Post 49849625)
Looks like a great setup and nice mini review! Is that a KS8000 you're running too?

Thanks! It's the first time I write something like that and English is not my main language, so I apologize for any grammar errors etc.

I highly highly recommend the speakers. I found that I am now listening to music, it has rekindled the love that I had lost for Music. Especially old school stuff that I find in .Flac format

The setup, I just started working on it. In a few months I have upgraded from old JBL speakers, old Polk (old as in from 2000), old Pioneer receiver and an old LG TV from 2009. I got all of those things on sale for like $500 from a friend that left to a different country

Yes! That's a KS8500 the curved one. I'm really liking the TV. I got it on Amazon on sale for 1k, if you have prime and have the prime card you can get up to 2 years without interest! to me that was a bargain.

Maybe next year I'll try to get one of those 65' OLEDs.

mtrctymdmn 01-17-2017 10:03 PM

Quote:

You must be a real hit at parties.

nohcho 01-18-2017 11:12 AM

Quote:

Not sure what this guy is trying to achieve here but this is a great deals found forum so great deals get posted, makes sense? Also, best doesnt care if they price matching a manufacturer approved price or not, as long as it falls under their price match guarantee guidelines. Btw, amazon has pricing errors all the time.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

sarumu4 01-18-2017 01:12 PM

Just a thought : If someone has a screenshot of the price (349) with the date, you can apply for CC price protection and get the difference. It doesn't look like a price mistake. Probably Amazon cleared their existing inventory.

125" Carl's Flexi Screen, Elac debut B6, C5 , BIC PL-200, HTC 10, Odroid C2

LDBaha 01-18-2017 02:47 PM

I have a screenshot if anyone needs it. Just PM me