Originally Posted by sfo1
I'll need to subscribe to this. I want to pick up a cheap ~42" panel for spare BR that has wifi to use for Netflix and OTA only.
sfo1: Tried to PM you but you weren't accepting any at the time, so I'll do a general post here.
Last year I was able to swing an unusual stacking of discounts on Black Friday for a then-new Dyson vacuum. I had to get a little creative. (Dyson is one of those products that don't allow discounts - look at any general ad for stores and they usually have a "does not apply to" list a mile long - Dyson is always in that list).
The key to the deal was buying it through Kohls - a store I don't normally think of when considering electronics or motorized products.
Here was the type of discounts I was able to stack for ~50% off:
- 5%: My Chase credit card had its seasonal 5% cash back on department stores during the 4th quarter of the year (unfortunately, this doesn't work for stores like Best Buy)
- 8%: ebates.com has pretty elevated cash back during this time of year. Yes, this service works, but you'll have to wait a couple months for the check. Last year, it had 8% back from Kohls on Black Friday
- 25$: ebates.com. I hadn't used them before and I think there was a sign-on bonus
- 30% back in Kohls cash. This means you have to buy more Kohls stuff with it in a limited window soon after, but they are usually running more good sales during that window. The thresholds are strict, so getting a 499$ item means you should find a 2$ item so you can get 15$ more.
- Yes2You rewards: I actually forget what sort of discount this was, but this rebate didn't have strings attached (or had less of them) than the Kohl's cash
- Free shipping beyond a certain threshold (pretty low at the holidays anyway)
Looking at Kohl's ad this year, I see that they have an LG 4K 49" LED as a doorbuster at 400$ (model 49UJ6300 - "regularly 700", but 400$ looks like the price everyone's selling it at). If you are willing to stack the discounts, this could still be a Really Good Deal.
Of course, I also haven't checked if the TV is any good.
Bobk3: I've been keeping my eye out in the places I usually look for black friday ads for an LG OLED screens but haven't seen any. :/
Hope this can help someone...