Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 24Likes

post #1 of 80 Old 10-01-2017, 04:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals

As we are quickly coming up on Black Friday and Cyber Monday. I wanted to start this thread for two reasons.

1. I'd like to know what equipment did you purchase in your HT that was purchased on either of these days and was a great deal.

2. Post on this thread any awesome deals you know of that is coming or you are seeing that someone here would be able to get a great deal on.

I look forward to reading about the awesome deals you have all been able to take advantage of and the little back story that came with it on how you found it and what you had to do to get it, if you have one.

thanks.
BruZZi, Jets69, Edllguy and 2 others like this.

Denon X4400H / Emotiva Audio BasX A-500 / Panasonic UB900 4K Player
Silver Ticket STR-235125 2:35 125" screen / Epson 5040UB
(2)PSA MTM210 / (1)PSA MTM210C / (4)Paradigm Mini Monitor 7
(2)HSU VTF-15H / (1)HSU VTF3-MK3 / (4)Polk Audio V60 Atmos Speakers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 80 Old 10-02-2017, 08:11 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 299 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Personally, I purchased all my HT upgrades recently with my Costco card, and will use Citi Price Rewind to get the BF/CM prices if they happen to drop on those days. Not going to be shopping in person on BF for sure - I'll be out of the country. But will browse the web to find deals if Citi Price Rewind doesn't find them automatically.
post #3 of 80 Old 10-03-2017, 03:13 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 78
I'll be looking at as many sites too find the best deals, if any, and will post what I fond here. Thanks four the info madbrain.
bebb likes this.

Denon X4400H / Emotiva Audio BasX A-500 / Panasonic UB900 4K Player
Silver Ticket STR-235125 2:35 125" screen / Epson 5040UB
(2)PSA MTM210 / (1)PSA MTM210C / (4)Paradigm Mini Monitor 7
(2)HSU VTF-15H / (1)HSU VTF3-MK3 / (4)Polk Audio V60 Atmos Speakers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 80 Old 10-29-2017, 04:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 457 Post(s)
Liked: 139
Generally, does anyone know if Panasonic bluray players get BF/CM deals? I am interested in the UHD player UB900, it has been holding its price for a while now and since it is their flagship player wasn't sure if this level of product gets any discounts.
post #5 of 80 Old 10-29-2017, 12:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Liked: 773
post #6 of 80 Old 10-29-2017, 06:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 633 Post(s)
Liked: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlanzy View Post
Generally, does anyone know if Panasonic bluray players get BF/CM deals? I am interested in the UHD player UB900, it has been holding its price for a while now and since it is their flagship player wasn't sure if this level of product gets any discounts.
Value Electronics had a good price on it when I bought about a month or so ago.

See ya. Dave

"High Fidelity audio has been like a dog chasing his tail. High Fidelity in my marriage has been much more rewarding because she knows where I sleep."
post #7 of 80 Old 10-31-2017, 05:46 PM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
I decided to buy the panasonic ub900 UHD/4k bluray player vs ub200, less than a week ago the ub900 was 450 dollars and the ub200 250 dollars.

Now that I was going to purchase the ub900, price is back to 600 usd, so it´s a no buy for me.

Going sadly with the ub200, I hope the upscaling to 4k is the same since the chat panasonic employees doesn´t seem to know their products,

and from what I can read in their site, it is suppose to be the same.

If anyone knows of an authorized dealer that sells it at 450 or less (new), please let me know asap

Thanks

JVC DLA-X790R projector (RS540)
Denon avr-x6200w Atmos/DTS:X 7.2.4
post #8 of 80 Old 10-31-2017, 06:11 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 299 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by movieloverAL View Post
I decided to buy the panasonic ub900 UHD/4k bluray player vs ub200, less than a week ago the ub900 was 450 dollars and the ub200 250 dollars.

Now that I was going to purchase the ub900, price is back to 600 usd, so it´s a no buy for me.

Going sadly with the ub200, I hope the upscaling to 4k is the same since the chat panasonic employees doesn´t seem to know their products,

If anyone knows of an authorized dealer that sells it at 450 or less (new), please let me know asap

Thanks

Looks like the biggest difference between the ub200 and ub900 is that ub900 has an analog audio section and built-in decoders, and dual HDMI out.

If you are using HDMI for audio, and a single display, then the ub200 would be fine, as your AVR would be doing decoding.

IMO at $250 the Sony UBP-X800 is a better buy than the UB200 as the Sony will do DVD-A and SACD discs also.

There is a thread at another forum comparing the UBP-X800 to a Panasonic ub700 :
https://www.avforums.com/threads/pan...-x800.2103229/

I own the UBP-X800 and it is great. My main gripe with it is no front display (for CD/SACD text) and no physical play buttons for audio discs. Have to use the remote and press "play" while "blind" when inserting a CD/SACD if display is off, which is silly. IMO, if you are inserting an audio disc, you want to play it. Why wouldn't the player automatically play ? Stupid firmware decision.

Actually looks like the UBP-X800 has dropped to $198 now. Time for a price rewind.

Last edited by madbrain; 10-31-2017 at 06:15 PM.
post #9 of 80 Old 11-01-2017, 02:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Thanks

Hmm...$600... I wonder if they are doing that so on BF/CM, they can toot a discount to $450! Call me cynical, but not unheard of in world of commerce.
post #10 of 80 Old 11-01-2017, 02:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Thanks

As noted from an earlier post, Value Electronics still has it advertised at $449.
movieloverAL likes this.
post #11 of 80 Old 11-02-2017, 09:42 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 965 Post(s)
Liked: 350
I'm hoping Costco has the Vizio P65 for$1200 or less.

XBOX Live: Wagmman
PSN: Wagg
BFBC2: Wagman
Steam: Wag

My Second Life character looks and acts exactly like me except he can fly.
post #12 of 80 Old 11-02-2017, 11:09 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Send a message via Skype™ to MDCSD76GT
Quote:

Don't mean to highjack the thread, but I would avoid this player. I have seen issues with them. Get Oppo UDP203 and call it a day.
PlanetAVS and wxchaser like this.
post #13 of 80 Old 11-03-2017, 10:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Quoted: 1346 Post(s)
Liked: 1201
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDCSD76GT View Post
Don't mean to highjack the thread, but I would avoid this player. I have seen issues with them. Get Oppo UDP203 and call it a day.
Read the OPPO UDP-203 or UDP-205 threads, there are lots of issues there as well, and have been for many months. Did you just stop by to plug OPPO?
robdman likes this.
post #14 of 80 Old 11-04-2017, 10:27 AM

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Looks like Amazon is starting early per usual on November 17 with their 'Deal of the Day'.

https://bestblackfriday.com/

She's so fine, there's no tellin' where the money went!
post #15 of 80 Old 11-04-2017, 12:50 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberguyjeff View Post
Looks like Amazon is starting early per usual on November 17 with their 'Deal of the Day'.

https://bestblackfriday.com/
Looks like they have started already https://www.amazon.com/Black-Friday/

Bought a Harmony Ultimate yesterday as part of the deal of the day.
post #16 of 80 Old 11-06-2017, 07:00 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
How to do Black Friday online?

I have read many posts through the years where AVSF members got great Black Friday deals, but I have never tried it. I usually have very good luck shopping for used or new equipment on eBay, Amazon Marketplace and for audio equipment, Audiogon, but I would like to try BF.

I don't want to stand in line or fight crowds, so are there ever any good place online for great Black Friday deals? What are the best places to shop and are there good strategies to follow?

Ideally, I would like a 2017 LG OLED TV, but I could be tempted by a lot of things -- like the Harmony remote someone mentioned.

post #17 of 80 Old 11-15-2017, 02:12 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I'll need to subscribe to this. I want to pick up a cheap ~42" panel for spare BR that has wifi to use for Netflix and OTA only.
post #18 of 80 Old 11-15-2017, 08:17 PM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfo1 View Post
I'll need to subscribe to this. I want to pick up a cheap ~42" panel for spare BR that has wifi to use for Netflix and OTA only.
sfo1: Tried to PM you but you weren't accepting any at the time, so I'll do a general post here.

Last year I was able to swing an unusual stacking of discounts on Black Friday for a then-new Dyson vacuum. I had to get a little creative. (Dyson is one of those products that don't allow discounts - look at any general ad for stores and they usually have a "does not apply to" list a mile long - Dyson is always in that list).

The key to the deal was buying it through Kohls - a store I don't normally think of when considering electronics or motorized products.

Here was the type of discounts I was able to stack for ~50% off:
- 5%: My Chase credit card had its seasonal 5% cash back on department stores during the 4th quarter of the year (unfortunately, this doesn't work for stores like Best Buy)
- 8%: ebates.com has pretty elevated cash back during this time of year. Yes, this service works, but you'll have to wait a couple months for the check. Last year, it had 8% back from Kohls on Black Friday
- 25$: ebates.com. I hadn't used them before and I think there was a sign-on bonus
- 30% back in Kohls cash. This means you have to buy more Kohls stuff with it in a limited window soon after, but they are usually running more good sales during that window. The thresholds are strict, so getting a 499$ item means you should find a 2$ item so you can get 15$ more.
- Yes2You rewards: I actually forget what sort of discount this was, but this rebate didn't have strings attached (or had less of them) than the Kohl's cash
- Free shipping beyond a certain threshold (pretty low at the holidays anyway)

Looking at Kohl's ad this year, I see that they have an LG 4K 49" LED as a doorbuster at 400$ (model 49UJ6300 - "regularly 700", but 400$ looks like the price everyone's selling it at). If you are willing to stack the discounts, this could still be a Really Good Deal. Of course, I also haven't checked if the TV is any good.

Bobk3: I've been keeping my eye out in the places I usually look for black friday ads for an LG OLED screens but haven't seen any. :/

Hope this can help someone...
post #19 of 80 Old 11-16-2017, 02:49 AM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 5
I got my Martin Logan esl-c 18 for 1999.99 open box in Nashville with full warranty.
post #20 of 80 Old 11-16-2017, 07:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 2344 Post(s)
Liked: 2251
Quote:
Fry's has a pretty good promo code deal on the LG 43 inch UJ6300 with Active HDR. $248. The deal has been on/off for the last few days and is on today.

I bought it for use as a PC monitor (which failed, YMMV). Right now its setup as a 2nd TV for Netflix/OTA just like you are planning to use it. Looks pretty good, especially for the price.
post #21 of 80 Old 11-16-2017, 07:29 AM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by blooberry View Post
sfo1: Tried to PM you but you weren't accepting any at the time, so I'll do a general post here.

Last year I was able to swing an unusual stacking of discounts on Black Friday for a then-new Dyson vacuum. I had to get a little creative. (Dyson is one of those products that don't allow discounts - look at any general ad for stores and they usually have a "does not apply to" list a mile long - Dyson is always in that list).

The key to the deal was buying it through Kohls - a store I don't normally think of when considering electronics or motorized products.

Here was the type of discounts I was able to stack for ~50% off:
- 5%: My Chase credit card had its seasonal 5% cash back on department stores during the 4th quarter of the year (unfortunately, this doesn't work for stores like Best Buy)
- 8%: ebates.com has pretty elevated cash back during this time of year. Yes, this service works, but you'll have to wait a couple months for the check. Last year, it had 8% back from Kohls on Black Friday
- 25$: ebates.com. I hadn't used them before and I think there was a sign-on bonus
- 30% back in Kohls cash. This means you have to buy more Kohls stuff with it in a limited window soon after, but they are usually running more good sales during that window. The thresholds are strict, so getting a 499$ item means you should find a 2$ item so you can get 15$ more.
- Yes2You rewards: I actually forget what sort of discount this was, but this rebate didn't have strings attached (or had less of them) than the Kohl's cash
- Free shipping beyond a certain threshold (pretty low at the holidays anyway)

Looking at Kohl's ad this year, I see that they have an LG 4K 49" LED as a doorbuster at 400$ (model 49UJ6300 - "regularly 700", but 400$ looks like the price everyone's selling it at). If you are willing to stack the discounts, this could still be a Really Good Deal. Of course, I also haven't checked if the TV is any good.

Bobk3: I've been keeping my eye out in the places I usually look for black friday ads for an LG OLED screens but haven't seen any. :/

Hope this can help someone...
Wow, interesting. Thanks for the tip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanetAVS View Post
Fry's has a pretty good promo code deal on the LG 43 inch UJ6300 with Active HDR. $248. The deal has been on/off for the last few days and is on today.

I bought it for use as a PC monitor (which failed, YMMV). Right now its setup as a 2nd TV for Netflix/OTA just like you are planning to use it. Looks pretty good, especially for the price.
I'll check it out. Was it a refurb or new? Thanks
post #22 of 80 Old 11-16-2017, 07:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 2344 Post(s)
Liked: 2251
Quote:
Wow, interesting. Thanks for the tip.

I'll check it out. Was it a refurb or new? Thanks
Actually i forgot to mention that I ended up just getting Best Buy to price match it out of convenience. Mine is new, and there is nothing in the Fry's ad to suggest otherwise
post #23 of 80 Old 11-16-2017, 08:00 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 18
ready to pull the trigger on a 75" TV...bring on the deals.
Onedark1 likes this.
post #24 of 80 Old 11-16-2017, 01:58 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfreak View Post
85" $2500 at Brandsmart it's a leEco Brandsmart USA .com
post #25 of 80 Old 11-16-2017, 03:39 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protan71 View Post
85" $2500 at Brandsmart it's a leEco Brandsmart USA .com

In-store only. No shipping unfortunately, otherwise I would put the trigger on that instantly (even though I already have a 75")

Best chance would be to see if someone would price match it.

Good deal though for anybody who lives in FL.
post #26 of 80 Old 11-16-2017, 09:40 PM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobk3 View Post
Ideally, I would like a 2017 LG OLED TV, but I could be tempted by a lot of things -- like the Harmony remote someone mentioned.
I noticed today that bfads.net posted some "best Thursday deals". Newegg has a LG OLED55B7A 55" 4K (2017) for 1399$. Earlier today it was out of stock but it looks like it is back. Is this a good deal? They have a price cut on the 65" LG OLED 2017 too. There's another thread on AVS about LG OLED 2017 deals that are talking about the BF deals. It looks like Best Buy may be cutting some good deals now/soon/black friday-ish too.

Last edited by blooberry; 11-16-2017 at 10:27 PM.
post #27 of 80 Old 11-17-2017, 04:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked: 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfreak View Post
Looks like this is the best year to pick one up price wise....

Congrats

Den - LG 65 OLEDE7P - Denon AVR-X4200W - Definitive Mythos STS - ProCenter 2000 - SR-8040BP - SVS Ultra-13 - DTV 4K - XBOX One S
Media - LG 65 OLEDC8 - AVR-X4400 - KFL28F - Vienna Acoustics Center - Def GEMS Rear - Def A60 Atmos - Monitor Silver SUB - DTV 4K - XBOX One X
My YouTube Tech Channel - https://www.youtube.com/c/TechFan
post #28 of 80 Old 11-17-2017, 06:03 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by satboy View Post
Looks like this is the best year to pick one up price wise....

Congrats
Yes...this is the best year (until next year anyway).

Hoping to score a Sony 75" 900E but with the price on the 65" down to under $1500, will be hard to justify the 75" until it drops well under $2500, which will hopefully happen. I'm not in a huge rush, willing to wait it out a little longer...probably wont have the floor installed in the new theater room for at least another 3-4 weeks.
post #29 of 80 Old 11-17-2017, 06:53 AM

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 16
hoping the OLED55C7P gets a little lower and looking for new receiver to go with it. Do marantz or denon get discounted a lot. Wanted a more slim line receiver
post #30 of 80 Old 11-17-2017, 08:10 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Best Buy has had the 65" B7 OLED on sale for $2599, which is $400 off! And David Katzmier from CNET mentioned a 3rd party deal through NewEgg that has it for $2199, but there is a restocking fee if you return it. I'm still not ready to spend the money on a TV when my broadband won't support 4K, forcing me into also buying a UHD Blu-ray player and discs, but it's getting more tempting at these prices.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Great Found Deals

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page