VAVA 4K UST Laser Projector $2499 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 15 Old 05-02-2019, 05:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 19
VAVA 4K UST Laser Projector 6000 lumens HDR10 @ $2499

The VAVA UST 4K Laser projector is on Indiegogo for $2499. Considering tax is already included, this is kind of a sneaky good deal for those in the US for a laser projector..

Looks like there's 8 more units left at the $2499 price. It is under Guaranteed Shipping which promises delivery by July of you can get a refund. A few people have gotten their hands on it already and the reviews have been pretty positive so far.

https://thenextweb.com/plugged/2019/...a-few-caveats/

On paper, it beats out of Xiaomi's 4k UST projector with better sound and higher lumens.

VAVA 4K Short-Throw Laser Projector gives you a stunning 4K image up to 150" display. Get a HUGE image from only 7.2 inches away!
➤ 150” Display
➤ HDR10 (sharper contrast, deeper colors, clearer details)
➤ ALPD 3.0 (cinema-quality - used in 17,000 theaters)
➤ Ultra-Short Throw (7.2 inches for 100” screen)
➤ 3000:1 Contrast
➤ 6000 Lumens
➤ Harman Kardon Sound (with dts-HD & Dolby Audio)
➤ Easy Setup (no mounts needed)
➤ Sleek Design

Last edited by sdsendoh; 05-02-2019 at 06:18 PM. Reason: updated title
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 05-02-2019, 06:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Price wise its a little more expexnive than the JMGO S3 international edition....... I wonder how the input lag is ....

BenQ W5700 | XY Screen 120" ALR Black Crystal - Gain 2.0 | Xbox one X | Soundbar
post #3 of 15 Old 05-02-2019, 06:26 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineMoshka View Post
Price wise its a little more expexnive than the JMGO S3 international edition....... I wonder how the input lag is ....
UST projectors are great for movies and are convenient due to the form factor. However they do tend to suffer from input lag in general.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 05-02-2019, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdsendoh View Post
UST projectors are great for movies and are convenient due to the form factor. However they do tend to suffer from input lag in general.

Most 4k pixel shifter have a higher input lag than 1080's with the lowest being 42m/s on the BenQ tk800m DLP . The more advanced tech in the UST's isnt helping input lag. the xiaomi is at 100m/s +

BenQ W5700 | XY Screen 120" ALR Black Crystal - Gain 2.0 | Xbox one X | Soundbar
post #5 of 15 Old 05-02-2019, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdsendoh View Post
The VAVA UST 4K Laser projector is on Indiegogo for $2499. Considering tax is already included, this is kind of a sneaky good deal for those in the US for a laser projector..

Looks like there's 8 more units left at the $2499 price. It is under Guaranteed Shipping which promises delivery by July of you can get a refund. A few people have gotten their hands on it already and the reviews have been pretty positive so far.

https://thenextweb.com/plugged/2019/...a-few-caveats/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHvSF38Bz8o&t=2s

On paper, it beats out of Xiaomi's 4k UST projector with better sound and higher lumens.

VAVA 4K Short-Throw Laser Projector gives you a stunning 4K image up to 150" display. Get a HUGE image from only 7.2 inches away!
➤ 150” Display
➤ HDR10 (sharper contrast, deeper colors, clearer details)
➤ ALPD 3.0 (cinema-quality - used in 17,000 theaters)
➤ Ultra-Short Throw (7.2 inches for 100” screen)
➤ 3000:1 Contrast
➤ 6000 Lumens
➤ Harman Kardon Sound (with dts-HD & Dolby Audio)
➤ Easy Setup (no mounts needed)
➤ Sleek Design

I jsut watched that review there..... its nice to see the projector hands on and colours look good (most lasers do). Hopefully better reviews come out as the Lag was "Slightly noticible" according to reviewer but i think this wont be a projector for gaming fps and more aimed at movies. i think lag will be the same as Xiaomi as this is most likely the same hardware under the chassis. All the xioamis JMGO s3 and XGIMI and vava UST laser projectors have the same laser engines form the same factories most likely.

post #6 of 15 Old 05-03-2019, 05:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 315 Post(s)
Liked: 127
Quote:
I jsut watched that review there..... its nice to see the projector hands on and colours look good (most lasers do). Hopefully better reviews come out as the Lag was "Slightly noticible" according to reviewer but i think this wont be a projector for gaming fps and more aimed at movies. i think lag will be the same as Xiaomi as this is most likely the same hardware under the chassis. All the xioamis JMGO s3 and XGIMI and vava UST laser projectors have the same laser engines form the same factories most likely.
The 3000:1 contrast is a little unnerving...can anyone who has one comment on the black level and shadow detail in a dark room? Does it have dynamic laser dimming (cuts light output in very dark scenes) and does it do it well (no pumping or artifacting?)

This type of pj will be my next purchase, just want it high quality so I don't have to rebuy in a few years.
post #7 of 15 Old 05-03-2019, 11:56 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottscb View Post
The 3000:1 contrast is a little unnerving...can anyone who has one comment on the black level and shadow detail in a dark room? Does it have dynamic laser dimming (cuts light output in very dark scenes) and does it do it well (no pumping or artifacting?)

This type of pj will be my next purchase, just want it high quality so I don't have to rebuy in a few years.
I have the Xiaomi UST one and LOVE everything about it except the 1080p resolution. From the reviews online, the VAVA looks like a beefed up version with 4k, better brightness, and better sound.
post #8 of 15 Old 05-03-2019, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottscb View Post
Quote:
I jsut watched that review there..... its nice to see the projector hands on and colours look good (most lasers do). Hopefully better reviews come out as the Lag was "Slightly noticible" according to reviewer but i think this wont be a projector for gaming fps and more aimed at movies. i think lag will be the same as Xiaomi as I this is most likely the same hardware under the chassis. All the xioamis JMGO s3 and XGIMI and vava UST laser projectors have the same laser engines form the same factories most likely.

I was going to buy this or thw jmgo s3, xiaomi or lg or optoma p1 but... What would you do if thw laser engine broke 3 years in after the warranty? I decided to go with lamp based perfected trust worthy tech. Laser tech is definitely tge future but im giving it another few years to mature and become reliable

post #9 of 15 Old 05-21-2019, 07:14 PM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Question

I've been following this campaign for about a month

This thing certainly looks good on paper ... but there are a few caveats that are scaring me away.

First - they have a "guaranteed delivery" stamp on their image, but it's not actually guaranteed (anymore?). It was at some point during the campaign.
Second - the x units left at the super early bird keeps increasing. Someone asked about this - apparently more units were added.
Third - Contrast ratio? "3000:1 is the full on/off contrast. For ANSI contrast, it is 300:1" <-- i don't know about this, so you guys say if this is good or bad. I assumed the standard ANSI.
Fourth - They've had other IGG campaigns, and seems like nothing delivered on time. So guaranteed is kinda required.
Fifth - how will it compare to the ones that are coming soon?
Sixth - The 6000 lumens is at the source... when you look and the FAQ, it's actually 2500 ANSI lumens.

So that's where I'm at with pulling the trigger on this. I want it... heck I need it. I have a long living room, and my venerable FP DLP is nearing EOL. Getting something like this will require a full on reconfiguration of my current setup/stand - but I'm OK with it, because no pulling wires required.
post #10 of 15 Old 06-10-2019, 11:10 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I've ordered one. Ariving august.
post #11 of 15 Old 08-21-2019, 05:05 PM

Liked: 3
Quote:
I was going to buy this or thw jmgo s3, xiaomi or lg or optoma p1 but... What would you do if thw laser engine broke 3 years in after the warranty? I decided to go with lamp based perfected trust worthy tech. Laser tech is definitely tge future but im giving it another few years to mature and become reliable
I'm fairly new to projectors and never thought of that. How often do laser projectors fail? Is it so new that we don't know yet? How long have they been out?
post #12 of 15 Old 08-21-2019, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moctodavs View Post
Quote:
I'm fairly new to projectors and never thought of that. How often do laser projectors fail? Is it so new that we don't know yet? How long have they been out?

Yes that's the idea, they are so new that no one can say the lifespan trajectory etc

Lamp based mostly last at least 5 years I would say. I opted away from laser and went benq ht5550 lamp based. Laser will be good price in next few years and reliable not that they are not reliable atm.. Just like all new technology it will take a little time to perfect

post #13 of 15 Old 09-19-2019, 07:30 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Has anyone received one yet?
post #14 of 15 Old 09-20-2019, 08:38 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwnpwnpwn View Post
I've ordered one. Ariving august.
Did you get it?
post #15 of 15 Old 09-20-2019, 10:55 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoninMod View Post
Did you get it?
Yep, it arrived in august. I've ordered an elite screen aon clr, right now it's projecting no the wall, and it's not "clean level" or what you call it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Great Found Deals

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page