Pioneer Elite LX 503 Frys $399 today only YMMV In-store Hurry! - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By lateott

post #1 of 15 Old 05-04-2019, 05:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Pioneer Elite LX 503 Frys $399 today only YMMV In-store Hurry!

Feel like I stole it.

Promo code by email takes $500 off retail.
When you enter the store, ask the greeter for the 20% off manager’s coupon. Secret pass phrase is something like “May the 4th be with you”.

At first the salesperson said they can’t be combined but I said manager confirmed both could be used, and showed that Pioneer was not one of the exclusions.

I am in CA so needed to add sales tax, but ~$400 base price seemed fair.
SouthernCA and bubbrik like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 05-04-2019, 10:42 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Pioneer Elite VSX-LX503

It looks to be on sale again for ~$400 Sunday.
Secret passphrase to use with greeter at the door Sunday for 20% coupon is "CincoDeSavings" which takes another $100 off. I have read they have a limited number of these coupons in the morning, and some more in the afternoon/evening, but I don't think many people know about them.

$500 savings with email promo code.
The sales people in the AV section wrote up the quote and applied the 20% off on the quote. Then I took it forward to the main checkout and gave my promo code number which subtracted $500. Checkout person did a double-take, hesitated, but then finished the transaction.

I can't post hyperlinks, otherwise I would link the ads.

Good luck!
post #3 of 15 Old 05-08-2019, 05:56 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
It's a good deal. $100 less than what it can normally be had for. However, reviews aren't great, lots of reported issues with quality so it's a gamble.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 05-09-2019, 03:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 2271 Post(s)
Liked: 581
Too bad Pioneer dropped the Class D ICE amps from the prior LX502

Warren

Rm 1 LG65E7 Marantz 8802A prepro Sherbourn 5/1500A amp B&W CM10s..CM2 center...CM6's.rears
Rm 2 Vizio P50 Denon X7200 Celestion 305 speaker system
Rm 3 Sony 55x930E Yamaha A1060 Kef 2005.2 speaker system
Rm 4 Samsung 65KS9800
post #5 of 15 Old 05-10-2019, 06:21 AM
Audio/Video Enthusiast

Quoted: 244 Post(s)
Liked: 184
You can print Fry's coupons right out of the email as well so they'll be no running out
post #6 of 15 Old 05-10-2019, 08:23 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexcoluzzi32 View Post
You can print Fry's coupons right out of the email as well so they'll be no running out
There are two 'codes.' One is the email code, the other is a passphrase that you have to mention to the greeter to give you the second 'code' (they just have a coupon that they take to the back and do some accounting on [it took them a few minutes to process the coupon when I had them use it] and knock 20% off).

As far as I know, the 20% coupons have daily limits (seem to be ~10 during the week and ~50 during the weekend).

For what it is worth, I like the AVR a lot (have been using it for almost a week now).
post #7 of 15 Old 05-10-2019, 08:39 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Interesting read about the LX-303 here with measurements.

Motorola Modem sb6141> Emo Systems EN-70HD > (5) eero > Synology 1813+ (DSM 6.2), 4TB Seagate NAS Drives, 4GB RAM & Zero Surge & APC XS BX1000G/backup to Synology DX513) > Emo Systems EN-60KDS  > Roon > Mola Mola Tambaqui > BSS BLU 50 > (2) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference
post #8 of 15 Old 05-10-2019, 01:29 PM
Audio/Video Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediMindTrick View Post
There are two 'codes.' One is the email code, the other is a passphrase that you have to mention to the greeter to give you the second 'code' (they just have a coupon that they take to the back and do some accounting on [it took them a few minutes to process the coupon when I had them use it] and knock 20% off).

As far as I know, the 20% coupons have daily limits (seem to be ~10 during the week and ~50 during the weekend).

For what it is worth, I like the AVR a lot (have been using it for almost a week now).

Right, promo codes they've been doing for years and years and the 10-20% off coupons are a recent thing which were initially the first 10-20 people got them for some amount now it's become the word of the day or just print a coupon at home and don't say a thing to the greeter :-) 20%'s a really nice promotion when combined with price matching!!

Living Room: Xfinity XG1v4-A cable box + Apple TV 4K > Sony HT-ST5000 Atmos/DTS:X Soundbar > Sony XBR-65X900F Television
Office: Oppo UDP-203 + Apple TV 4K > Sony HT-Z9F Atmos/DTS:X Soundbar (with rears) > Sony XBR-55A1E Television
post #9 of 15 Old 05-13-2019, 08:16 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Quote:
You can print Fry's coupons right out of the email as well so they'll be no running out [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]

Okay so I was in the area and decided to see if I could get a coupon. I did and long story short I was out the door with the receiver for about $300. I bought snacks and was given a $16 gift card, total on my receipt was $332.0
post #10 of 15 Old 05-13-2019, 08:33 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobMedina View Post
Okay so I was in the area and decided to see if I could get a coupon. I did and long story short I was out the door with the receiver for about $300. I bought snacks and was given a $16 gift card, total on my receipt was $332.0
That is a helluva price! I paid ~430 after coupon. So far it has been one of the better AVRs I've purchased.
post #11 of 15 Old 05-15-2019, 10:32 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobMedina View Post
Quote:
Quote:
You can print Fry's coupons right out of the email as well so they'll be no running out [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]

Hi, That's awesome deal. Would anyone be able to provide their receipt . I have a Frys far away (3 hours) but can drive if I have a chance to score a similar deal and a receipt would immensely help it. Thanks
post #12 of 15 Old 05-15-2019, 12:09 PM
Audio/Video Enthusiast

Why do you need a receipt? Ask the greeter for 20% off coupon and he/she will hand you one. If challenged the password for the last 3 days has been heymom20. I've not seen today's come through but I'm thinking it's the same. Do not drive three hours though without calling and having someone physically verify the existence of whatever you're looking to buy, and then get his/her name, first name is fine, just in case. Actually what am I talking about, in addition to that sign up for the daily / weekly promo code emails and you'll be completely self sufficient.

Living Room: Xfinity XG1v4-A cable box + Apple TV 4K > Sony HT-ST5000 Atmos/DTS:X Soundbar > Sony XBR-65X900F Television
Office: Oppo UDP-203 + Apple TV 4K > Sony HT-Z9F Atmos/DTS:X Soundbar (with rears) > Sony XBR-55A1E Television
post #13 of 15 Old 05-15-2019, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Why do you need a receipt? Ask the greeter for 20% off coupon and he/she will hand you one. If challenged the password for the last 3 days has been heymom20. I've not seen today's come through but I'm thinking it's the same. Do not drive three hours though without calling and having someone physically verify the existence of whatever you're looking to buy, and then get his/her name, first name is fine, just in case. Actually what am I talking about, in addition to that sign up for the daily / weekly promo code emails and you'll be completely self sufficient.

Thanks I know about the secret word. I was asking him about the receipt since he got 20% off original 1000 making it 800 and using 500 coupon over it to make final cost 300. Usually it is 500 off and then 20% making the final 400. To me, 200 dollar difference from 500 is worth making the trip than 100 dollars.
post #14 of 15 Old 05-17-2019, 12:26 PM
Audio/Video Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by anuragsodhi View Post
Thanks I know about the secret word. I was asking him about the receipt since he got 20% off original 1000 making it 800 and using 500 coupon over it to make final cost 300. Usually it is 500 off and then 20% making the final 400. To me, 200 dollar difference from 500 is worth making the trip than 100 dollars.
Ah, got it! And I apologize I didn't mean to sound like a jerk in my posting. Having just re-read it I can see how it could have been written to sound a little nicer. I hope you did not take that personally and good luck in your quest for savings!!

The little old ladies at the checkout counter here at my local store aren't the best with math and always have to call a supervisor over to do the 20% off transaction. I've started doing the calculation myself for each item so I can hand them a cheat sheet when it's my turn to check out :-)

post #15 of 15 Old 05-17-2019, 09:00 PM

Yeah no problem and thanks for the suggestion
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Great Found Deals

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page