OLED Deal: $2000 Off 77” LG C8 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 8Likes
  • 4 Post By imagic
  • 1 Post By Tims1
  • 2 Post By Marc Howe
  • 1 Post By Marc Howe

post #1 of 26 Old 05-29-2019, 06:02 AM - Thread Starter
Mark Henninger

Mentioned: 442 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9171 Post(s)
Liked: 16174
OLED Deal: $2000 Off 77” LG C8

Looking for a crazy good deal on a 77-inch OLED? Greentoe.com will match you up with a manufacturer authorized dealer willing to sell at $2000 off the current lowest “web price” of $5996.99 (the Amazon price).

If you do the math, you can see that this is an opportunity to get on the best TVs ever made, in a 77-inch screen size, for an amazingly low price considering what you get.

If you’re patient, you can even take your chances with an even lower offer since Greentoe.com is a “name your price” website. But the purpose of this deal is to alert you to the fact that if you make an offer at $3996, you’re going to be the owner of a brand-new, under warranty 77-inch OLED. It’s a simple as that.

If you crave the ultradeep Blacks, wide viewing angles, and tremendous native contrast that is the hallmark of OLED emissive display technology, you won’t get more cinematic experience for less money than a deeply discounted 77-inch LG C8.

Check out the deal by clicking here.

-----

α9 Intelligent Processor: The α9 Intelligent Processor is designed to deliver true-to-life images with rich colors, sharpness, and depth for enhanced realism.

LG AI ThinQ: AI ThinQ TVs are engineered to become the hub for all your connected smart devices. Beyond apps and entertainment, LG AI ThinQ uses voice control with Google Home built-in, plus Amazon Echo compatibility to create a smart TV platform for your IoT devices.

4K Cinema HDR: The C8PUA series supports the HDR10, HLG, Dolby Vision, and (via USB) Advanced HDR formats.

Dolby Atmos Decoding: Dolby Atmos surround sound technology dispenses with channel-based coding in favor of more advanced object-based coding, giving the sound designer the ability to precisely place sounds anywhere in the 3-dimensional space.

Additional Features:

• Infinite Contrast
• Pixel-level dimming
• Ultra Luminance Pro
• Intense Color
• 10-bit color for a billion rich colors
• True Color Accuracy
• Wide viewing angle
• 4K Upscaler
• Google Assistant
• Google Home & Amazon Alexa compatibility with optional equipment
• Intelligent Voice Recognition
• Universal control capability
• Gallery Mode
• LG Content Store for app downloads
• Full web browser
• Channel Plus
• Screen Share & Content Share screen mirroring
• DTS-HD decoding
• Bluetooth audio playback (version 4.2)
• LG Sound Sync
• Integrated 802.11ac Wi-Fi with Wi-Fi Direct
• IP control
• Simplink HDMI CEC
• ARC support via HDMI 2

------
We are committed to finding, researching, and recommending the best products. We earn commissions from purchases you make using the retail links in our product reviews. Learn more about how this works here.

Mark Henninger
Editor, AVS Forum

Last edited by imagic; 05-29-2019 at 06:06 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 Old 05-30-2019, 06:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 2
I have been negotiating with Greentoe since yesterday. The lowest they will go is $3,890. I have them also adding a LG B8 55" for $949.
They say the authorized seller is in the NY/NJ area, they wont tell me who it is.
llang269 likes this.
post #3 of 26 Old 05-30-2019, 01:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 629 Post(s)
Liked: 646
Doesn't the C8 support 120Hz 1440p as well? FreeSync?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 Old 05-30-2019, 09:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 1777 Post(s)
Liked: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tims1 View Post
They say the authorized seller is in the NY/NJ area, they wont tell me who it is.
That's the way they work; you generally don't find out who the seller is until you make the purchase.
post #5 of 26 Old 05-31-2019, 08:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1862 Post(s)
Liked: 1287
I don't need a new TV, but it's nice to know when I do need one, I can get a much better deal than the $6K I paid for my 75" LCD.
post #6 of 26 Old 05-31-2019, 09:24 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Would pay a little bit more if it were Sony Oled TV. I love android on Sony's.
post #7 of 26 Old 05-31-2019, 04:09 PM

Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Looks like you can get the same deal through NewEgg -> https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16889007640
post #8 of 26 Old 05-31-2019, 04:29 PM - Thread Starter
Mark Henninger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sthompson View Post
Looks like you can get the same deal through NewEgg -> https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16889007640
Except that it's out of stock.

Mark Henninger
Editor, AVS Forum
post #9 of 26 Old 05-31-2019, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imagic View Post
Except that it's out of stock.

Hmm shows in stock for me and allows me to add it to my cart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #10 of 26 Old 05-31-2019, 05:35 PM

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 18
The Newegg link shows it as In Stock for me as well.

Figures this hits 2 days right after I just purchased the Sony 85" XBR900F. If I had seen this deal 2 days ago, I would have bought the OLED instead.

Mark

Sony 85" X900F
post #11 of 26 Old 05-31-2019, 05:40 PM - Thread Starter
Mark Henninger

Quote:
Hmm shows in stock for me and allows me to add it to my cart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by bytor99999 View Post
The Newegg link shows it as In Stock for me as well.

Figures this hits 2 days right after I just purchased the Sony 85" XBR900F. If I had seen this deal 2 days ago, I would have bought the OLED instead.

Mark
Ah, I do see it if I scroll down.

Mark Henninger
Editor, AVS Forum
post #12 of 26 Old 06-01-2019, 01:55 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 490 Post(s)
Liked: 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidHorn View Post
I don't need a new TV, but it's nice to know when I do need one, I can get a much better deal than the $6K I paid for my 75" LCD.
which LCD did you pay that much for and how long ago was that?
post #13 of 26 Old 06-02-2019, 09:55 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Be aware this is a 3rd party seller selling through new egg. Thus it’s likely not an authorized dealer and therefore no warranty.

Said differently Greentoe deal is a better deal...
post #14 of 26 Old 06-02-2019, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwoody51 View Post
Be aware this is a 3rd party seller selling through new egg. Thus it’s likely not an authorized dealer and therefore no warranty.

Good to know. With it being this low now with multiple offers, I'll wait until Black Friday to see what it drops down to.
post #15 of 26 Old 06-02-2019, 05:44 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 57
I placed an offer on the 77C9 and it was shown to be unlikely to be accepted as at that moment they said the regular online price was the list price of $6999 but just a few hours later after someone took my offer they say the regular price is now $5996.99. Never tried this before but am feeling a little bait and switched.

Last edited by Tanquen; 06-02-2019 at 06:18 PM.
post #16 of 26 Old 06-02-2019, 06:22 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwoody51 View Post

Good to know. With it being this low now with multiple offers, I'll wait until Black Friday to see what it drops down to.
This is my plan! I’m really hoping to get one closer to $3k but that might be a while!

Even $3500 would be nice 🙂
post #17 of 26 Old 06-02-2019, 07:22 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tims1 View Post
I have been negotiating with Greentoe since yesterday. The lowest they will go is $3,890. I have them also adding a LG B8 55" for $949.
Have you completed the purchase at that price? I offered $3890 and got a response pretty quickly saying that my offer would be immediately accepted if I agreed to $3999. I haven't used Greentoe before and haven't given them my payment info yet. This is my dream TV but $6k-$7k is just not going to happen. Seeing I might be able to get it for $4k has me considering splurging for a TV I never really thought I would be able to afford.
post #18 of 26 Old 06-02-2019, 07:25 PM

Does anyone know the width of the base on the 77" C8? I checked out the manual and can't figure it out. Is the base the same width regardless of the screen size? I've seen 55" and 65" on display in the store but haven't seen a 77" in person.
post #19 of 26 Old 06-02-2019, 08:11 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Howe View Post
Does anyone know the width of the base on the 77" C8? I checked out the manual and can't figure it out. Is the base the same width regardless of the screen size? I've seen 55" and 65" on display in the store but haven't seen a 77" in person.
If I remember correctly the base is 33" wide. You can confirm by watching the Vincent Teoh video review of the 77" on youtube. He states the dimension.
post #20 of 26 Old 06-02-2019, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renjfk View Post
If I remember correctly the base is 33" wide. You can confirm by watching the Vincent Teoh video review of the 77" on youtube. He states the dimension.
Thanks, I'm checking out his review right now. He said it is 104 cm, so that would be 41 inches.
post #21 of 26 Old 06-05-2019, 09:04 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Looks like the price on Greentoe is down to 3849 now!
post #22 of 26 Old 06-06-2019, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycsaver View Post
Based on one of the posts above, I offered $3890. I pretty quickly got a counter offer saying if I increased to $3999 my offer would be immediately accepted. I didn't respond to that because I hadn't given them my payment info yet, and I was still gauging my wife's reaction to the possibility of spending $4k on a TV out of the blue. I wasn't planning to get anything new until at least Black Friday or possibly another year or two after that, until I saw this deal. A couple of days later I got an email asking why I hadn't responded to the counter offer, and I responded that I was waiting to see if a seller would accept $3890. Fast forward to today...

I got multiple emails warning me that the $3999 offer would expire tonight and stock was getting low. Then I got a response to the email I mentioned above that said the lowest they could find was $3849 but that would be plus tax, whereas the $3999 was from a seller that doesn't charge tax in my state. So for me the $3999 with no tax was still the best offer. I decided to accept that price after determining my wife wasn't going to be upset about it (I really have a great wife, because $4K is a huge purchase in our world). Anyway, I don't have the details of who the seller is yet or anything like that. I hope it all goes smoothly. This is my first Greentoe purchase.
ldsavow and Spock1234 like this.
post #23 of 26 Old 06-10-2019, 04:35 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycsaver View Post
Based on one of the posts above, I offered $3890. I pretty quickly got a counter offer saying if I increased to $3999 my offer would be immediately accepted. I didn't respond to that because I hadn't given them my payment info yet, and I was still gauging my wife's reaction to the possibility of spending $4k on a TV out of the blue. I wasn't planning to get anything new until at least Black Friday or possibly another year or two after that, until I saw this deal. A couple of days later I got an email asking why I hadn't responded to the counter offer, and I responded that I was waiting to see if a seller would accept $3890. Fast forward to today...

I got multiple emails warning me that the $3999 offer would expire tonight and stock was getting low. Then I got a response to the email I mentioned above that said the lowest they could find was $3849 but that would be plus tax, whereas the $3999 was from a seller that doesn't charge tax in my state. So for me the $3999 with no tax was still the best offer. I decided to accept that price after determining my wife wasn't going to be upset about it (I really have a great wife, because $4K is a huge purchase in our world). Anyway, I don't have the details of who the seller is yet or anything like that. I hope it all goes smoothly. This is my first Greentoe purchase.
Just put in a bid for $3600 plus the 5 year warranty for $349. Waiting for response.
post #24 of 26 Old 06-10-2019, 05:46 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just received response from Greentoe.

I have some great news on your Greentoe purchase offer. We can save you $2284!

The lowest price online for the LG C8PUA 77" 4K HDR Smart AI OLED TV (2018) is $5996.99 at Amazon . The Amazon after-tax price to you is $6377.

If you raise your offer to $4093, it will get accepted instantly and the total savings compared to Amazon will be $2284. This $4093 price we got you is the TOTAL AMOUNT that you will be charged (including shipping).

Please Note: Your counter offer is actually $3850 but the retailer charges tax in PA. Your final price after tax is $4093.03. Shipping is free!
post #25 of 26 Old 06-14-2019, 07:25 PM

Everything went smoothly with my purchase, $3999 with no tax and free shipping. I did also do the $350 5yr warranty. Once I was able to determine who the seller was (by looking at my pending credit card charge) I got a little nervous, because I checked their website and they have no returns on their nationwide shipping products. If the packaging was damaged obviously I could refuse delivery, but if there was any issue after unboxing I would have to deal with LG warranty right away even if it was DOA. The freight delivery driver was technically supposed to just do curbside delivery, but I have an uphill driveway almost 200 feet long, so he offered to use his pallet jack to help me get it up to the house and helped me carry it into the living room. He stayed around long enough for me to open the box and make sure the interior styrofoam was all in place and intact. Of course he couldn't stay long enough for me to put the stand on and turn on the TV, but everything has been fine with it so far. I'm not going to disclose the seller because Greentoe asks you not to do that, and I am generally a rule follower. Bottom line, buying from an undisclosed online retailer is it a little nerve wracking, but was worth it since I saved $2360 and I never would have considered buying this, my dream TV, if it was $6000. Overall I am impressed with Greentoe and would consider using them again when I look to upgrade my HT receiver.
ColoFatherof3 likes this.
post #26 of 26 Old 06-26-2019, 06:36 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Everything went smoothly with my purchase, $3999 with no tax and free shipping. I did also do the $350 5yr warranty. Once I was able to determine who the seller was (by looking at my pending credit card charge) I got a little nervous, because I checked their website and they have no returns on their nationwide shipping products. If the packaging was damaged obviously I could refuse delivery, but if there was any issue after unboxing I would have to deal with LG warranty right away even if it was DOA. The freight delivery driver was technically supposed to just do curbside delivery, but I have an uphill driveway almost 200 feet long, so he offered to use his pallet jack to help me get it up to the house and helped me carry it into the living room. He stayed around long enough for me to open the box and make sure the interior styrofoam was all in place and intact. Of course he couldn't stay long enough for me to put the stand on and turn on the TV, but everything has been fine with it so far. I'm not going to disclose the seller because Greentoe asks you not to do that, and I am generally a rule follower. Bottom line, buying from an undisclosed online retailer is it a little nerve wracking, but was worth it since I saved $2360 and I never would have considered buying this, my dream TV, if it was $6000. Overall I am impressed with Greentoe and would consider using them again when I look to upgrade my HT receiver.

May I ask: was the extended warranty part of the purchase? Was there an option to get the EW as you negotiated? Is the EW company well-known/reputable?

Thank you in advance. Enjoy your new purchase.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Great Found Deals

Tags
greentoe deal , lg c8 oled

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page