Denon 4400H $719 at Fry's..Free shipping - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 14Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #31 of 72 Old 06-13-2019, 04:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
turnne1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Indianapolis Indiana
Posts: 6,486
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2280 Post(s)
Liked: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon_templar_32 View Post
Here is my experience with a "Fry's Deal" (Denon 4500 at $849). I apologize in advance for format below. Just typing fast.

(1) Look at Fry's website, shows as in stock at local store. I assume is new as some other stores list "open box" or "sold out." Drive 45 minutes to local store, check website again in parking lot--still shows as in stock. Go into store. Tell me not in stock--open box or otherwise.

(2) Go home. Notice that website has in stock at another store (call it Store A) with free shipping (again not listed as open box). Order it online. Get confirmation email with invoice. Few minutes later get phone call from Store A confirming shipment of new unit. Then hour later get phone call from Store A saying no new units in stock, only open box, and (*) Fry's stores never ship open box items.

(3) Ask Store A whether any Fry's have new unit in stock. They look on computer and say try Store B.

(4) By now, I have reached first plateau--better get live person at Fry's. Call Store B. They have new unit in stock. Will not ship to me, but will ship to my local store if I go in and ask local store to do inter-store transfer. Go to local store, ask them to call Store B to start transfer. They open their rolodexes make call, say no one is answering at Store B. I pull out my phone, call Store B website phone number, and immediately get Store B. Put on speaker phone, local store personnel confirm that Store B will ship. They write up "reserved invoice" and I pay. Local store says will keep me posted. Don't hear anything for a week. Call local store, am told Store B sold unit, did not ship anything, and has no more new units. I ask to speak to supervisor. Am put on hold and call "dropped." Call back and ask what is going on. Told I will have to call local store manager. Local store manager out to lunch (I know, I know, but I won't say it) (this is 2 in afternoon), told will call me later in day. Does not call. I call next morning. Ask why I wasn't called on progress of shipment as was told I would be. No answer, but local store manager apologizes. Says a new unit has been located at Store C.

(5) Local store manager says that they have requested inter-store transfer of this unit from Store C. I ask when will it be shipped. Local store manager tells me computer says has been put on truck, will keep me posted. I hear nothing for a week. Call back. Local store manager says unit has not arrived. I ask where it is. Local store manager says has no way to track items once on truck. I ask how can be sure item is on truck. Answer: personally talked with Store C and knows people there; they assured that new item was put on truck. I ask how truck is routed. Says goes across country to TN then back again. I am amazed at this. Then checks with shipping, says, no, actually will come more or less directly to local store. Few days later get voicemail from local store, start playing voicemail, says unit has arrived. At that point in voicemail, I shout out "YES!" which startles people around me. Unfortunately, voicemail goes on to say is not new unit, is open box (see (*) in (2)). Voicemail goes on to say sales associate says will spend half an hour to check unit and make sure is working perfectly (yeah I know ought to be able to check a unit as simple as this in 15 minutes). I call and associate says I can use unit and exchange when new unit comes in from manufacturer, but doesn't know when or if new unit will ever come in from manufacturer. Is late in day and am unable to call local store manager.

(6) Get up next morning. Out of interest, go to Fry's website and see unit listed (not as open box) in Store D. Call Store D, no new units available, only demo. Call Denon and ask what warranty is on open box, person on phone is not sure--hmmm?!? Try to call local store manager through website phone number, call "dropped" twice. Discover I have direct number. Call. Is surprised to hear is open box. I explain deal sales associate described. Local store manager says can do that. I say I have no reason to believe that unit will come in and that promise made now will be kept, I say how about you give me refund now AND open box AND I will promise to come in and buy with refund if new unit comes in. Obviously, that isn't accepted, instead will discount an additional $150. By now I have reached second plateau, can't trust Fry's live people either. I say I am done, just refund back to credit card. Local store manager says will be done and show up on statement in 2 or 3 business days. I can come in and get $100 Fry's gift card for my trouble. I wouldn't be surprised to have to file charge dispute with credit card company.

(7) Note that this sequence covers not one, not two, not three, not four, but five stores. A quick google of Fry's will show that my experience is closer to typical than exceptional.


(8) Having said all that, the Fry's people were nice, even as I became more exasperated, but paying people minimum wage plus a commission that disappears on sale items will result in a certain climate ….
If the Fry's store is not within a reasonable driving distance ...and you can go look yourself easily...prepare for frustration
That is even true for Best Buy...unfortunately we in a period of time where good phone service is only available at high end retail outlets

Warren

Rm 1 LG65E7 Marantz 8802A prepro Sherbourn 5/1500A and HK PA2400 amps B&W CM10s..CM2 center...CM6's.rears
Rm 2 Sony 49x900E Denon X7200 Celestion 305 speaker system
Rm 3 Sony 55x930E Yamaha A1060 Kef 2005.2 speaker system
Rm 4 Sony 65Z9D
turnne1 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 72 Old 06-13-2019, 07:02 AM
Senior Member
 
jdsnov73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Savannah, GA
Posts: 206
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRAYB View Post
So much for the "great found deal". Just got an email cancelling the order. Doesn't say why really. Not sure if they wouldn't deliver here, or were out if stock. Oh well. Everything happens for a reason. Now an even better deal will come along.

Yeah man, same thing just happened to me yesterday. Been looking for a deal on a X3500H and they have had them onsale for $469 but for instore only. Yesterday I see that shipping was available at the sale price, so I jumped on it and got an email confirmation from Frys, then immediately a shipping email from UPS. About 3 hours later get a call from a California Frys store and they say the only unit they have was a demo unit (open box) and they can't ship it. Not sure if that was true, or they just didn't want to eat the free shipping, and cancelled the order.


The search continues.
jdsnov73 is online now  
post #33 of 72 Old 06-13-2019, 07:06 AM
Member
 
sloanthebone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 30
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsnov73 View Post
Yeah man, same thing just happened to me yesterday. Been looking for a deal on a X3500H and they have had them onsale for $469 but for instore only. Yesterday I see that shipping was available at the sale price, so I jumped on it and got an email confirmation from Frys, then immediately a shipping email from UPS. About 3 hours later get a call from a California Frys store and they say the only unit they have was a demo unit (open box) and they can't ship it. Not sure if that was true, or they just didn't want to eat the free shipping, and cancelled the order.


The search continues.
Call Best Buy and get a price match. Because Fry's website says they will ship, that should be good enough for them to price match. This is what I did to get my x4500h for $849 from BB.

I also picked up the x3500h from Amazon when they were $529 so this frys deal is great!

Last edited by sloanthebone; 06-13-2019 at 07:10 AM.
sloanthebone is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #34 of 72 Old 06-13-2019, 07:08 AM
Senior Member
 
jdsnov73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Savannah, GA
Posts: 206
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloanthebone View Post
Call Best Buy and get a price match. Because Fry's website says they will ship, that should be good enough for them to price match. This is what I did to get my x4500h for $849 from BB.

Yeah, I wish I would have done that yesterday, as the website doesn't show shipping available now. I'll see if I can use that to my advantage in the future though...thanks.
jdsnov73 is online now  
post #35 of 72 Old 06-13-2019, 07:10 AM
Member
 
sloanthebone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 30
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsnov73 View Post
Yeah, I wish I would have done that yesterday, as the website doesn't show shipping available now. I'll see if I can use that to my advantage in the future though...thanks.

It does for me


Says Free shipping and in stock in my cart....
sloanthebone is offline  
post #36 of 72 Old 06-13-2019, 07:11 AM
Senior Member
 
jdsnov73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Savannah, GA
Posts: 206
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloanthebone View Post
It does for me

Yep, I just checked. I looked earlier this morning and it didn't. I'll give it a try. Thanks
jdsnov73 is online now  
post #37 of 72 Old 06-13-2019, 07:29 AM
Senior Member
 
jdsnov73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Savannah, GA
Posts: 206
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloanthebone View Post
It does for me


Says Free shipping and in stock in my cart....

Well Chat shot it down, will have to try calling here shortly....saying it doesn't qualify for price match because they state "Limit 1 per Household"




jdsnov73 is online now  
post #38 of 72 Old 06-13-2019, 08:12 AM
Member
 
sloanthebone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 30
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsnov73 View Post
Well Chat shot it down, will have to try calling here shortly....saying it doesn't qualify for price match because they state "Limit 1 per Household"




I had to call in... 4 times

You just have to get the right person.

And don't bother going into a store, they are useless.

Last edited by sloanthebone; 06-13-2019 at 08:17 AM.
sloanthebone is offline  
post #39 of 72 Old 06-13-2019, 01:06 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
MRAYB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Miami County, Ohio
Posts: 422
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsnov73 View Post
Yeah man, same thing just happened to me yesterday. Been looking for a deal on a X3500H and they have had them onsale for $469 but for instore only. Yesterday I see that shipping was available at the sale price, so I jumped on it and got an email confirmation from Frys, then immediately a shipping email from UPS. About 3 hours later get a call from a California Frys store and they say the only unit they have was a demo unit (open box) and they can't ship it. Not sure if that was true, or they just didn't want to eat the free shipping, and cancelled the order.


The search continues.
Yea, I think it has a lot to do with shipping, and where you are located in relation to the nearest Fry's. Bet they got your email though, didn't they? I ended up getting the 4400 from Amazon for a bit more. It was here in two days, AND from an authorized dealer.

Last edited by MRAYB; 06-24-2019 at 02:15 PM.
MRAYB is online now  
post #40 of 72 Old 06-13-2019, 01:15 PM
Senior Member
 
jdsnov73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Savannah, GA
Posts: 206
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRAYB View Post
Yea, I think it has a lot to do with shipping, and where you are located in relation to the nearest Fry's. Bet they got your email though, didn't they? I ended up getting the 4400 from Amazon for a bit more. It was here in two days, AND from an authorized dealer. Don't know what you would call a "deal" on a 3500, but Amazon has them new for $499. $500 off. Authorized dealer.



https://www.amazon.com/Denon-AVRX340...s%2C247&sr=8-2
Thanks man! I looked on Amazon the other day and it was still $999. Maybe I didn’t look at all dealers. This will be about the same price I think. Going to look now.
jdsnov73 is online now  
post #41 of 72 Old 06-13-2019, 01:20 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
MRAYB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Miami County, Ohio
Posts: 422
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsnov73 View Post
Thanks man! I looked on Amazon the other day and it was still $999. Maybe I didn’t look at all dealers. This will be about the same price I think. Going to look now.
SORRYYYYYY. The 3400 is on sale (discontinued). Not so much for the newer 3500. My bad. Just was thinking your post referred to the 3400(2017, discontinued). Not the current 3500. Don't really know what the major differences are in the two? Bet it isn't worth $500. I will step aside for one of the Denon experts to step in. Good luck.

Last edited by MRAYB; 06-13-2019 at 01:24 PM.
MRAYB is online now  
post #42 of 72 Old 06-13-2019, 01:23 PM
Senior Member
 
jdsnov73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Savannah, GA
Posts: 206
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRAYB View Post
SORRYYYYYY. The 3400 is on sale (discontinued). Not so much for the newer 3500. My bad.
Yeah, just saw that. Oh well. I will see if any x3500H deals pop up or maybe just wait for deals on the x3600H as it looks like it will be a 9.2 receiver based on a recent post on the 2019 Denon thread.
jdsnov73 is online now  
post #43 of 72 Old 06-13-2019, 01:33 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
MRAYB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Miami County, Ohio
Posts: 422
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsnov73 View Post
Yeah, just saw that. Oh well. I will see if any x3500H deals pop up or maybe just wait for deals on the x3600H as it looks like it will be a 9.2 receiver based on a recent post on the 2019 Denon thread.
If you are wanting 9.2, then that ups it quite a bit. 3400 vs.3500, don't really know what the major differences are in the two? Bet it isn't worth $500. Phono input on the 3500 about it? Check this Crutchfield link side by side. Hopefully, the Denon experts will chime in soon.


https://www.crutchfield.com/S-28V1W1...VR-X3500H.html

Last edited by MRAYB; 06-13-2019 at 01:38 PM.
MRAYB is online now  
post #44 of 72 Old 06-13-2019, 01:48 PM
Senior Member
 
jdsnov73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Savannah, GA
Posts: 206
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRAYB View Post
If you are wanting 9.2, then that ups it quite a bit. 3400 vs.3500, don't really know what the major differences are in the two? Bet it isn't worth $500. Phono input on the 3500 about it? Check this Crutchfield link side by side. Hopefully, the Denon experts will chime in soon.


https://www.crutchfield.com/S-28V1W1...VR-X3500H.html

Yeah, I don’t need 9.2 as I have a 5.1.2 setup currently and don’t see how I could add 2 extra speakers. I have a x2400H currently, really looking to upgrade to XT32, but like the x3500h ability to display volume on screen with Dolby Vision, which the x3400H can’t. Probably not with the price difference for that, but if I can get a x3500h for the same $499ish price, I’d prefer that.
jdsnov73 is online now  
post #45 of 72 Old 06-13-2019, 02:18 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
MRAYB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Miami County, Ohio
Posts: 422
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsnov73 View Post
Yeah, I don’t need 9.2 as I have a 5.1.2 setup currently and don’t see how I could add 2 extra speakers. I have a x2400H currently, really looking to upgrade to XT32, but like the x3500h ability to display volume on screen with Dolby Vision, which the x3400H can’t. Probably not with the price difference for that, but if I can get a x3500h for the same $499ish price, I’d prefer that.
Sounds good buddy. XT32 is definitely an upgrade. Didn't know about the Dolby Vision thing. My case is kinda odd. Got a used 4311CI about a year ago for $400. Keep in mind that I am 75% MUSIC in a big 32'x22'x8' room. More or less two zones in one room. The 4311 kills it while playing music in 11.4. Only wanting to update to the 4400 for the digital outputs available to zones 2,3. The 4311 only does analog to zone 2,3, and no Atmos, 4K, 3D and fewer Dolby options. So I am going to use the older 4311 to power the front three, and the 4400 for the rest(including zones 2,3). Pretty much a wide open floor plan brick ranch that will be 15.4 one way or another by the time I am done with it. Of course have a couple 2channel amps that I will be using. Should be interesting.
jdsnov73 likes this.

Last edited by MRAYB; 06-13-2019 at 02:25 PM.
MRAYB is online now  
post #46 of 72 Old 06-13-2019, 09:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Madmax67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Mckinney,Texas
Posts: 4,612
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2027 Post(s)
Liked: 2342
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRAYB View Post
Thanks for the heads up. Coming from the 4311CI, am pretty familiar with Audyssey. Only thing I noticed reading the manual is that there is no WEB UI like on the 4311. Heos app took it's place? Not real fond of the cellphone thing. Guess I will have to get an 8 or 10inch tablet.
No problem. Yup, web control got dropped for 2016 and 2017 Denon models only to get reintroduced for 2018 models. The HEOS app is necessary to at least set up favorite internet music channels which from then on can be accessed directly from the receiver. Tunein replaced Vtuner and is the only service actually on the receiver itself. The HEOS app isn't bad though.
MRAYB likes this.

Chane A5 towers,Chane A2.4 center,RBH bipole side surrounds, Rythmik LV12R x2,Denon X4300H, Outlaw 5000,Front B speakers: Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 books. https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...d-part-ii.html
Madmax67 is offline  
post #47 of 72 Old 06-16-2019, 11:34 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 95
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Price dropped to $599 with free shipping today through 6-22.

I couldn’t pass it up so I just bought one for my new house currently being built.

Scheduled for delivery Wednesday.

Could be the deal of the century—$1,000 off of a $1,600 receiver!

I used my Citi Prestige card so I will have a 5yr warranty on it too.
355F1 is online now  
post #48 of 72 Old 06-16-2019, 12:11 PM
Senior Member
 
jdsnov73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Savannah, GA
Posts: 206
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by 355F1 View Post
Price dropped to $599 with free shipping today through 6-22.

I couldn’t pass it up so I just bought one for my new house currently being built.

Scheduled for delivery Wednesday.

Could be the deal of the century—$1,000 off of a $1,600 receiver!

I used my Citi Prestige card so I will have a 5yr warranty on it too.

Hope it goes through for you.
jdsnov73 is online now  
post #49 of 72 Old 06-16-2019, 12:21 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 95
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by 355F1 View Post
Price dropped to $599 with free shipping today through 6-22.

I couldn’t pass it up so I just bought one for my new house currently being built.

Scheduled for delivery Wednesday.

Could be the deal of the century—$1,000 off of a $1,600 receiver!

I used my Citi Prestige card so I will have a 5yr warranty on it too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsnov73 View Post
Hope it goes through for you.

Just got an email from them telling me there was no stock and my order was cancelled.

Boo.
355F1 is online now  
post #50 of 72 Old 06-17-2019, 07:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
turnne1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Indianapolis Indiana
Posts: 6,486
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2280 Post(s)
Liked: 582
Fry's online ordering is almost always a waste of time

Many threads here confirming that....but keep frustrating yourselves


Warren

Rm 1 LG65E7 Marantz 8802A prepro Sherbourn 5/1500A and HK PA2400 amps B&W CM10s..CM2 center...CM6's.rears
Rm 2 Sony 49x900E Denon X7200 Celestion 305 speaker system
Rm 3 Sony 55x930E Yamaha A1060 Kef 2005.2 speaker system
Rm 4 Sony 65Z9D
turnne1 is offline  
post #51 of 72 Old 06-17-2019, 01:06 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
MRAYB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Miami County, Ohio
Posts: 422
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by 355F1 View Post
Just got an email from them telling me there was no stock and my order was cancelled.

Boo.
Join the club!
I started this thread as excited as you were about a great deal form Fry's. A you can see if you read the entire thread, it is a joke. It is almost like they are phising for your info first. They are getting free email addresses this way. I just went to Amazon and bought from an authorized dealer. Had it in two days. Few bucks more, but I am hooking it up now and will be playing with it tonight.

Last edited by MRAYB; 06-17-2019 at 01:13 PM.
MRAYB is online now  
post #52 of 72 Old 06-17-2019, 01:18 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
MRAYB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Miami County, Ohio
Posts: 422
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked: 422
So between them cancelling mine due to "no stock" last week, they just lowered it another two hundred bucks this week? Only to "find" it is now out of stock again for you? Borderline criminal.....
MRAYB is online now  
post #53 of 72 Old 06-17-2019, 01:46 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 95
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRAYB View Post
So between them cancelling mine due to "no stock" last week, they just lowered it another two hundred bucks this week? Only to "find" it is now out of stock again for you? Borderline criminal.....
Yep.

Cannot believe they do this crap.
355F1 is online now  
post #54 of 72 Old 06-17-2019, 02:27 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
MRAYB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Miami County, Ohio
Posts: 422
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked: 422
If you really want it Now, get it at Amazon. $799 is still a good deal. You'll get it in two days. Factory warranty. New. Mine is updating firmware now. Looks great next to it's old brother the 4311CI. Took Friday off this week for a three day weekend to finish setup.
Madmax67 likes this.
MRAYB is online now  
post #55 of 72 Old 06-18-2019, 09:42 AM
Advanced Member
 
JimLely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Naples, FL
Posts: 998
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Liked: 65
I ordered mine late yesterday and it went through for $599. Fully expecting a call or an email from Fry's cancelling, instead they called and said only a display available for an additional discount, I accepted (after all this is the 4th time in 2 weeks I've tried unsuccessfully to order one Denon AVR or another from Frys.)
JimLely is offline  
post #56 of 72 Old 06-18-2019, 12:33 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: WI
Posts: 45
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 7
How does it compare against the Onkyo TX-RZ830?

I got the Onkyo for $450...is this a better one for $599?

Last edited by vizag; 06-18-2019 at 12:40 PM.
vizag is offline  
post #57 of 72 Old 06-19-2019, 07:52 AM
Advanced Member
 
jsc79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Minnesota SW Metro Area
Posts: 582
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 364 Post(s)
Liked: 425
I just placed an order for the 4400 at Frys for $599.

Figured I’d roll the dice and see if it goes through. They just sent me an order acknowledgement and got an email from UPS with tracking info. Has to just be an automated thing to happen that fast.


EDIT: just got a phone call from Frys in San Jose CA. They were confirming my address and shipping the avr today. I must have gotten lucky.

Another EDIT: Just got another call saying they didn’t have any new stock and needed to cancel order . Lol

Subwoofers: Dual Rythmik FV18
Speakers: L/R Ascend Acoustics Sierra 2 - Center - Ascend Acoustics Horizon w/RAAL - Surrounds: Sonance VP62R SST/SUR
Video: Sony XBR65X900e 65" 4K - Sony UBP-X800 Blu Ray
Power and Processing: Yamaha RXA1030 - Monolith 7X Amp - Minidsp 2X4 HD/WI-DG

Last edited by jsc79; 06-19-2019 at 10:23 AM.
jsc79 is online now  
post #58 of 72 Old 06-19-2019, 09:43 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRAYB View Post
Found the 4400H at Fry's for $719, plus free shipping to Ohio. Amazon is now at $799.

Hi, all.

FWIW, I found that the 4400H had been further reduced at Frys to $599 on clearance. On top of that, I apparently ended up getting the very last one in So Cal, a floor demo model, which I was given an additional 10% discount on, bringing the price down to $539.10.

To be honest, I didn't really research this unit a great deal; I have a tight window to make some forced changes to my home system and just haven't had the time to bring myself up to speed, but it seemed like a great deal on a more than adequate receiver for my needs.

Anyway, just thought I'd let people know that if they can find one at a Frys in their area (I think there's one unit left at a store in Texas!), it seems like a screaming deal.

Best,
Paul
bills4pmc is offline  
post #59 of 72 Old 06-19-2019, 01:10 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
MRAYB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Miami County, Ohio
Posts: 422
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by bills4pmc View Post
Hi, all.

FWIW, I found that the 4400H had been further reduced at Frys to $599 on clearance. On top of that, I apparently ended up getting the very last one in So Cal, a floor demo model, which I was given an additional 10% discount on, bringing the price down to $539.10.

To be honest, I didn't really research this unit a great deal; I have a tight window to make some forced changes to my home system and just haven't had the time to bring myself up to speed, but it seemed like a great deal on a more than adequate receiver for my needs.

Anyway, just thought I'd let people know that if they can find one at a Frys in their area (I think there's one unit left at a store in Texas!), it seems like a screaming deal.

Best,
Paul
You physically have it in your possession? If not, read the previous reply.
MRAYB is online now  
post #60 of 72 Old 06-19-2019, 02:32 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 95
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRAYB View Post
If you really want it Now, get it at Amazon. $799 is still a good deal. You'll get it in two days. Factory warranty. New. Mine is updating firmware now. Looks great next to it's old brother the 4311CI. Took Friday off this week for a three day weekend to finish setup.
It’s for my new house currently under construction. So I won’t need it til Jan or Feb. I’m not in a hurry. I should be able to get a discounted 4500 by then.
MRAYB likes this.
355F1 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Great Found Deals

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off