Is the Dell S718QL worth it at $4k? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 09-16-2019, 12:11 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 47
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Is the Dell S718QL worth it at $4k?

Dell's normal pricing for this projector is around $4800 now. And with their 17% sale, it goes to about $4k or $4.3k with taxes. How does this thing stack to some of the new stuff coming out like Optoma's $3300 UST?
moctodavs is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 5 Old 10-21-2019, 07:08 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 47
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 6
I feel like I should have asked this question in the Projector forums, but a sticky warns us not to discuss prices, and to put it in the deals thread. But seems like nobody is here. LOL! Can I safely ask this question in the above $3000 Projector forum?
moctodavs is offline  
post #3 of 5 Old 10-21-2019, 10:39 PM
Member
 
rayons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 80
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by moctodavs View Post
I feel like I should have asked this question in the Projector forums, but a sticky warns us not to discuss prices, and to put it in the deals thread. But seems like nobody is here. LOL! Can I safely ask this question in the above $3000 Projector forum?

I'm looking at the same deal... there really is very little objective commentary about the S718QL, and you can hear the crickets its forum, so I think we're just going to have to our own reasoning guide us.


The biggest issues seem to revolve around color management and fan noise. I think the price will bounce around the $4k until they stop making them.
rayons is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 5 Old 10-22-2019, 07:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
lemonslush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: MA
Posts: 1,927
Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 984 Post(s)
Liked: 473
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayons View Post
I'm looking at the same deal... there really is very little objective commentary about the S718QL, and you can hear the crickets its forum, so I think we're just going to have to our own reasoning guide us.


The biggest issues seem to revolve around color management and fan noise. I think the price will bounce around the $4k until they stop making them.
you can talk about the projector in the projector section not many folks read this thread I think. You can just say how does X compare to Y dont need to talk about the actual price. FWIW I got a BenQ 3550 the other day and its great paid $1305 on amazon shipped new.

"we need more power" - My Wife.

Theater Build Thread - Wartooth
lemonslush is offline  
post #5 of 5 Old 10-22-2019, 07:54 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 47
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonslush View Post
you can talk about the projector in the projector section not many folks read this thread I think. You can just say how does X compare to Y dont need to talk about the actual price. FWIW I got a BenQ 3550 the other day and its great paid $1305 on amazon shipped new.
Civilization! Thanks for responding guys. I'm new to this forum. By any chance, do you know the reason for the sensitivity in talking about price? Does AVS have contracts with certain dealers, manufactures or something? Or, are they concerned with sellers posing as users to link to their own sales? If it's the latter, then wouldn't it be safe to talk about a Dell sale? Or, a Best Buy, or Amazon? Because obviously we are not them, and I think they are too big to send minions to do this sort of thing. Anyway, just curious why. Because as someone in the market, I'd love if someone sees a deal and informs us.
moctodavs is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Great Found Deals

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off