Onkyo Web Deals - PR-RZ5100 only $1298 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Falonious

post #1 of 12 Old 10-09-2019, 02:41 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 510 Post(s)
Liked: 193
Onkyo Web Deals - PR-RZ5100 only $1298

I am so drawn to this damn site, I want to buy all of it. PR-RZ5100 for only $1298

https://www.onkyousa.com/product/web-only/pr-rz5100-2/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 10-09-2019, 07:01 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 233 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eriksells916 View Post
I am so drawn to this damn site, I want to buy all of it. PR-RZ5100 for only $1298

https://www.onkyousa.com/product/web-only/pr-rz5100-2/
What a genuine deal.

As a long term ONKYO PR-RZ5100 owner with an extensive Dolby Atmos/DTSX setup using Parasound Halo A51, A21, A23 and a PSE power amps feeding our Definitive Technology speakers I can heartily recommend this preamp without reservation. The audio/video is superb.

Dolby Vision, check! Sonos, check! Spotify, check! The only thing that it doesn't do is Imax, but in my opinion Imax isn't all that...

So if you're looking for an exceptional 11.2 channel preamp for a killer price here you go.

One more thing, this is our third ONKYO preamp. ONKYO's customer support has been outstanding throughout.

ONKYO has been an honorable company, that unlike many other AV companies has stood by their customer base by owning up to problems (faulty HDMI boards) and going the extra mile to rectify them and to satisfy their customers AFTER point of sale. This speaks volumes.

No, I am not a "paid spokesman", I literally have no connection to ONKYO whatsoever. I am just a very satisfied customer and ONKYO PR-RZ5100 owner.
post #3 of 12 Old 10-09-2019, 07:05 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmouse007 View Post
What a genuine deal.

As a long term ONKYO PR-RZ5100 owner with an extensive Dolby Atmos/DTSX setup using Parasound Halo A51, A21, A23 and a PSE power amps feeding our Definitive Technology speakers I can heartily recommend this preamp without reservation. The audio/video is superb.

Dolby Vision, check! Sonos, check! Spotify, check! The only thing that it doesn't do is Imax, but in my opinion Imax isn't all that...

So if you're looking for an exceptional 11.2 channel preamp for a killer price here you go.

One more thing, this is our third ONKYO preamp. ONKYO's customer support has been outstanding throughout.

ONKYO has been an honorable company, that unlike many other AV companies has stood by their customer base by owning up to problems (faulty HDMI boards) and going the extra mile to rectify them and to satisfy their customers AFTER point of sale. This speaks volumes.

No, I am not a "paid spokesman", I literally have no connection to ONKYO whatsoever. I am just a very satisfied customer and ONKYO PR-RZ5100 owner.

Hi there! I've had the privilege to use one before and yes the quality of this item and the customer service they provide is superb.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 10-09-2019, 10:51 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Does this Onkyo processor suffer from HDMI board issues of years past? I've been using my current Onkyo receiver only for audio after repairing the HDMI board once already.
post #5 of 12 Old 10-10-2019, 12:07 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mach250 View Post
Does this Onkyo processor suffer from HDMI board issues of years past? I've been using my current Onkyo receiver only for audio after repairing the HDMI board once already.
No, ONKYO has acted honorably, they have spent millions of dollars in HDMI board repairs and made sure they did everything they could to assure this redesigned model and platform wouldn't experience the same "issues".

On a personal note, our PR-RZ5100 has worked and performed flawlessly.
post #6 of 12 Old 10-10-2019, 08:31 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 510 Post(s)
thanks for those comments @Jmouse007 and @Marine121
post #7 of 12 Old 10-10-2019, 01:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 86
How is their room correction, AccuEQ, compared to the others?

All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.
T. E. Lawrence
post #8 of 12 Old 10-10-2019, 02:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 698 Post(s)
Liked: 204
I use an RZ830 as pre-pro now, with external amp. What benefit does the 5100 offer over their receiver line?
post #9 of 12 Old 10-10-2019, 03:09 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriksells916 View Post
thanks for those comments @Jmouse007 and @Marine121

My pleasure, ONKYO Corp has deservedly e a r n e d my trust, respect, loyalty and business. They really stepped up to the plate regarding their faulty HDMI board issues. That said, their PR-RZ5100 is an outstanding preamp, and for what they are asking, it is a steal.

Does it do HDMI 2.1? No, but I honestly believe it is going to take several generations before all of the "bugs" are ironed out of this new HDMI format (case in point, LG's latest 2.1 OLEDs, and don't get me started on the problems plaguing 2.0 HDMI cables), and until that day comes, the ONKYO PR-RZ5100, especially at this price is a tremendous value which will faithfully serve its users for years to come.
post #10 of 12 Old 10-10-2019, 03:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falonious View Post
How is their room correction, AccuEQ, compared to the others?
The audio room correction does a great job tailoring our 11 channel Dolby Atmos/DTSX set up to our 13' X 26' room.

The previous ONKYO model preamps we had with a different audio room correction algorithm also did an excellent job when we only had a 9 channel non Atmos setup. Frankly I haven't noted a difference sonically, but the new PR-RZ5100 definitely sounds much better than our previous ONKYO preamps coupled with our Parasound Halo power amps and Definitive Technology speakers.

To be perfectly honest, if you want to perfectly tailor your audio setup, you need to hire a professional AV calibrator who knows his stuff and save his settings.
post #11 of 12 Old 10-11-2019, 11:37 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
To be perfectly honest, if you want to perfectly tailor your audio setup, you need to hire a professional AV calibrator who knows his stuff and save his settings.
Oh you'd be surprised what a little Dirac and a mini DSP can do.
eriksells916 likes this.

All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.
T. E. Lawrence
post #12 of 12 Old 10-19-2019, 04:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 1461 Post(s)
Liked: 753
Quote:
Does it do HDMI 2.1? No, but I honestly believe it is going to take several generations before all of the "bugs" are ironed out of this new HDMI format (case in point, LG's latest 2.1 OLEDs, and don't get me started on the problems plaguing 2.0 HDMI cables).
What bugs have you found with LG's HDMI 2.1 chipset? Last time I checked there wasn't a single 2.1 source device. And LG has not released the firmware yet to enable HDMI 2.1.

I too like Onkyo. I have an 830 is a second room and it works and sounds great. I currently use a Yamaha 3080 in my primary room. Thought about switching them for a month to compare but both have been working well haven't gone through the trouble yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Great Found Deals

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page