Buying projector (JVS NX5) from Amazon seller - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 7Likes
  • 4 Post By m0j0
  • 1 Post By ProjectionHead
  • 1 Post By Kothoga
  • 1 Post By ccfm

post #1 of 13 Old 11-14-2019, 06:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Buying projector (JVS NX5) from Amazon seller

I've never purchased projectors before. The JVC NX5 available for $5000 from Hatchfields Co. on Amazon. It's not authorized dealer. Upon inquiry the seller replied the following:

This projector is brand new USA version.
We offer a 30 day return/exchange policy and cover this projector for 1 year through our store.

Is it safe practice to buy from such sellers?

Any advice would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 11-14-2019, 06:16 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I found this one for 4550 before taxes and shipping, but I was wondering the same thing about warranty. I don't understand the whole warranty is void if bought online policy.
post #3 of 13 Old 11-14-2019, 06:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 751 Post(s)
Liked: 817
With an investment like that, I would be hesitant to buy from anywhere but an authorized dealer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 11-14-2019, 06:21 PM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccfm View Post
I've never purchased projectors before. The JVC NX5 available for $5000 from Hatchfields Co. on Amazon. It's not authorized dealer. Upon inquiry the seller replied the following:

This projector is brand new USA version.
We offer a 30 day return/exchange policy and cover this projector for 1 year through our store.

Is it safe practice to buy from such sellers?

Any advice would be appreciated.
Absolutely not... ESPECIALLY with Hatchfields who is specifically unauthorized by JVC and whom they are legally cracking down upon. Any Amazon, eBay or other website that allows you to add the item to the shopping cart is not an authorized dealer.
Per JVC's website:

JVC projectors are occasionally sold by online retailers who are not authorized to sell JVC products. You should be aware that the products these unauthorized retailers sell:

May be refurbished rather than new;
Might not include all accessories;
Might not include a valid United States warranty;
Could be models not meant for sale in the United States.
For these reasons, you should make sure to purchase products only from a JVC authorized Procision retailer.

Now, there are websites that will have the JVC projectors listed on them, but will have a button such as "Contact Us" which is in accordance with JVC's online sale policy and are authorized dealers so you will get full warranty and service.

Feel free to PM if interested in some suggested authorized websites/dealers that I am happy to share with you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11-14-jvc.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	110.1 KB
ID:	2641290  
post #5 of 13 Old 11-14-2019, 10:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectionHead View Post
Absolutely not... ESPECIALLY with Hatchfields who is specifically unauthorized by JVC and whom they are legally cracking down upon. Any Amazon, eBay or other website that allows you to add the item to the shopping cart is not an authorized dealer.
Per JVC's website:

JVC projectors are occasionally sold by online retailers who are not authorized to sell JVC products. You should be aware that the products these unauthorized retailers sell:

For these reasons, you should make sure to purchase products only from a JVC authorized Procision retailer.

Now, there are websites that will have the JVC projectors listed on them, but will have a button such as "Contact Us" which is in accordance with JVC's online sale policy and are authorized dealers so you will get full warranty and service.

Feel free to PM if interested in some suggested authorized websites/dealers that I am happy to share with you.
I'm in Seattle area and I only found BestBuy as authorized JVC dealer. I'd like to check authorized websites/dealers for more options. Will appreciate if you can share. (I can't PM yet as a newbie )
post #6 of 13 Old 11-15-2019, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Denton View Post
I found this one for 4550 before taxes and shipping, but I was wondering the same thing about warranty. I don't understand the whole warranty is void if bought online policy.
That website is another company specifically on the un-authorized list of many manufacturers. I've been told that they ship refurbished units as new and do not buy directly from the manufacturers
Jay Denton likes this.
post #7 of 13 Old 11-15-2019, 05:40 AM

I know that this list is from Optoma specifically, but I would suggest staying away from any dealer/website on here for any brand if you want to be sure that you are receiving new, a-stock, intended for US sale, full manufacturer's warranty, etc:

https://www.optoma.com/us/unauthorized-dealers-list/
post #8 of 13 Old 11-15-2019, 05:54 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 163
There are vendors on this site that offer excellent deals on JVCs, got mine from one of them.
Jive Turkey likes this.

Theater: JVC RS540U, 2.35:1 142" screen, Onkyo RZ1100, Panasonic UB820, Outlaw Audio M2200 Monoblock x3, Klipsch RF7II, RC64II, RS62II, 5800CII x4 Atmos, PSA V3611 Subwoofer x2.
2 Channel: Parasound P6, Parasound A23+, Rega Planar 6 with Ortofon 2M Bronze, Klispch La Scala II, Behringer NX6000D, B&C 21DS115-4 powered Devastator V1 x2.
post #9 of 13 Old 11-15-2019, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kothoga View Post
There are vendors on this site that offer excellent deals on JVCs, got mine from one of them.
Who did you use? I just don't understand why using an online retailer is so bad for JVC?
post #10 of 13 Old 11-22-2019, 04:31 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectionHead View Post
Per JVC's website:

How convenient. The only legit places to buy happen to also be ones that make it very difficult to do price comparisons between.
post #11 of 13 Old 11-26-2019, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdoherty972 View Post
How convenient. The only legit places to buy happen to also be ones that make it very difficult to do price comparisons between.
Exactly. I tried calling 3 different authorized vendors here in town. No answer at any of them. Then I contacted them with emails and the only one to respond only sells Sony projectors...
post #12 of 13 Old 11-26-2019, 08:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Exactly. I tried calling 3 different authorized vendors here in town. No answer at any of them. Then I contacted them with emails and the only one to respond only sells Sony projectors...
It's very hard for me to understand JVC's sales strategy. It seems they intentionally makes it hard for people to buy their products. I wonder how many sales they've lost because of this.
echtogammut likes this.
post #13 of 13 Old 11-27-2019, 12:35 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccfm View Post
Quote:
It's very hard for me to understand JVC's sales strategy. It seems they intentionally makes it hard for people to buy their products. I wonder how many sales they've lost because of this.
Sent you a PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Great Found Deals

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page