Samsung Pay 20% cashback at Best Buy ymmv - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 11-24-2019, 05:35 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 352 Post(s)
Liked: 183
Samsung Pay 20% cashback at Best Buy ymmv

a lot of people have been reporting they are seeing 20% cashback at Best Buy in Samsung Pay. this would be a great was to load up on those cheap JBL subs or score some more 12TB drives for your nas. My account only showed 2% but the wife's had the 20%. Cashback is maxed at $100 PER TRANSACTION. So if you need multiple things that total over $500 do separate transactions. If you are a lucky amex card holder you may also have a $30 cash back (on $300 spend)from them that you can stack with this offer.
Also, if your account does not show the 20% promo, try opening a new one! Worked for me and a few others...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 01-19-2020, 09:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipca204 View Post
a lot of people have been reporting they are seeing 20% cashback at Best Buy in Samsung Pay. this would be a great was to load up on those cheap JBL subs or score some more 12TB drives for your nas. My account only showed 2% but the wife's had the 20%. Cashback is maxed at $100 PER TRANSACTION. So if you need multiple things that total over $500 do separate transactions. If you are a lucky amex card holder you may also have a $30 cash back (on $300 spend)from them that you can stack with this offer.
Also, if your account does not show the 20% promo, try opening a new one! Worked for me and a few others...
Check your cashback if you bought the 12TB drive. According to another site, everyone who bought hard drives or SSDs, has had their cashback "adjusted" so that NO cashback will be paid for the hard drives. This is total crap, because hard drives were not on the exclusion list! I would love to hear if you have any ideas or success on getting the cashback paid. We all need to stick together on this.
post #3 of 8 Old 01-20-2020, 05:22 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paylesspizzaman View Post
Check your cashback if you bought the 12TB drive. According to another site, everyone who bought hard drives or SSDs, has had their cashback "adjusted" so that NO cashback will be paid for the hard drives. This is total crap, because hard drives were not on the exclusion list! I would love to hear if you have any ideas or success on getting the cashback paid. We all need to stick together on this.
yep, I got screwed on this as well. Have an open ticket with samsung on it as well. And yes, hard drives were NOT on the exclusion list so we should be getting our cashback
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 01-20-2020, 05:44 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 138
Quote:
@ipca204 ,

I sent you a PM few days back. Can you please let me know on your Emotiva?? Thank you.
post #5 of 8 Old 01-28-2020, 08:41 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Just an update that Samsung made good on my "adjusted cashback". It took awhile but I received it today. I suggest anyone else that was unfairly " adjusted" contact them..
post #6 of 8 Old 01-28-2020, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Just an update that Samsung made good on my "adjusted cashback". It took awhile but I received it today. I suggest anyone else that was unfairly " adjusted" contact them..
Thanks for the update! I called Samsung pay again a couple of days ago and they put in a ticket for my missing cashback. They wanted a bunch of info, including the time of day the orders were placed, which I couldn't provide. They said since they would have to contact best buy to get the missing info it would take an extra day or 2. Last night Samsung called me back to say my cashback will be paid and I was told it could take up to 2 days. They also wanted my mailing address. Not sure what that was about? I assume my Samsung pay account will just be credited when/if they pay, so not sure why the address matters. So, like you are saying, if anyone didn't get their cashback, call Samsung!

Last edited by paylesspizzaman; 02-18-2020 at 05:13 AM.
post #7 of 8 Old 01-29-2020, 12:31 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Thanks for the update! I called Samsung pay again a couple of days ago and they put in a ticket for my missing cashback. They wanted a bunch of info, including the time of day the orders were placed, which I couldn't provide. They said since they would have to contact best buy to get the missing info it would take an extra day or 2. Last night Samsung called me back to say my cashback will be paid and I was told it could take up to 2 days. They also wanted my mailing address. Not sure what that was about? I assume my Samsung pay account will just be credited when/if they pay, so not sure why the address matters. So, like you are saying, if anyone didn't get their flashback, call Samsung!
I never called. I submitted everything online as I had all the info they requested. Glad it worked out for you too! The 12TB hard drives are awesome at $179 with $36 cashback and another $15 credit from Amex.
post #8 of 8 Old 02-18-2020, 05:15 AM

Just an update. Samsung finally paid my cashback and closed the ticket about 2 weeks ago. I guess I'll continue to use Samsung pay after all...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Great Found Deals

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page