SVS Black Friday Subwoofer Deals! - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 9Likes

post #31 of 43 Old 11-29-2019, 02:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by czah7 View Post
I was going to either get the SB12 or the PB1000. The PB12 is too big for my room. Do you guys feel these are comparable? Also looking at the Mono10, which I believe only went on sale 10% off today.

EDIT: After a little research and measuring, it will still stick out a bit more than I want. But I might pull the trigger. Ugh. Also, according to camelizer, the PB12 was $449 just a week ago.
If you want to buy directly from SVS, better make a decision soon. Last year, I waffled on buyng a PB12. By mid December, SVS was oos. I had to buy from an authorized dealer.
drh3b likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 43 Old 11-29-2019, 03:13 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardcrusher View Post
If you want to buy directly from SVS, better make a decision soon. Last year, I waffled on buyng a PB12. By mid December, SVS was oos. I had to buy from an authorized dealer.
Amazon has a good return policy, I get 5% cash back, and these are authorized sellers so the warranty applies. I'll probably go with Amazon.
post #33 of 43 Old 11-29-2019, 03:23 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just ordered my PB12-NSD. This will be my 4th SVS subwoofer. Love the quality and sound of them. This will be my first sub from them that is not a ultra. Got 1 ported Ultra, a round tower ultra, and a sealed ultra. This is more then enough as the Ultras were a overkill for where I was putting them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 43 Old 11-29-2019, 03:30 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 14
OK. Just got the PB12 from SVS. I contacted their live support and he offered me 5% coupon code. So with my 2% card, that's technically 7% off the price. $465 for PB12 seems like a good deal! And if the PB1000 comes on sale Cyber Monday, maybe they'll let me downgrade? If not, no biggie.
post #35 of 43 Old 11-29-2019, 06:25 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Looking for a little advice. I am looking at the PB-12 to replace a BIC PL-200 in a English basement. The room is approximately 34’ x 22’ has a projector set up towards one end of it. It is not a designated theater room but I am looking to up the bass levels. It is finished, but no acoustic dampening and standard drop ceilings under 8’ in height. I understand it’s not a ideal layout, but trying to make the best of what I am dealing with. I started looking at ordering one PB-12 NSD to replace the BIC and now I am leaning towards 2 of them. Opens my budget up to approximately $1000. With a $1000 budget am I better off with the two PB-12’s or a Single VTF-15H MK2 ($1016 shipped) or something similar for this size room.
post #36 of 43 Old 11-30-2019, 07:28 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurph View Post
Looking for a little advice. I am looking at the PB-12 to replace a BIC PL-200 in a English basement. The room is approximately 34’ x 22’ has a projector set up towards one end of it. It is not a designated theater room but I am looking to up the bass levels. It is finished, but no acoustic dampening and standard drop ceilings under 8’ in height. I understand it’s not a ideal layout, but trying to make the best of what I am dealing with. I started looking at ordering one PB-12 NSD to replace the BIC and now I am leaning towards 2 of them. Opens my budget up to approximately $1000. With a $1000 budget am I better off with the two PB-12’s or a Single VTF-15H MK2 ($1016 shipped) or something similar for this size room.
I think modern wisdom would say 2 subs over 1 because you can smooth out the peaks and valleys and therefore get more uniform bass throughout the room. I would go that route, I have a single sub and there are definitely areas it is too loud and too quiet.
Smurph likes this.
post #37 of 43 Old 11-30-2019, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by czah7 View Post
OK. Just got the PB12 from SVS. I contacted their live support and he offered me 5% coupon code. So with my 2% card, that's technically 7% off the price. $465 for PB12 seems like a good deal! And if the PB1000 comes on sale Cyber Monday, maybe they'll let me downgrade? If not, no biggie.
Maybe I missed it but why would you want to downgrade? The pb1000 has a 10" driver whereas the pb12 has a 12" driver and more power, and the better grill. You can always turn it down to your liking but having the extra moving mass and power for if/when you need it wouldn't hurt, and it should be able to dig a bit deeper with less strain.
post #38 of 43 Old 11-30-2019, 07:33 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Liked: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Recon View Post
I think modern wisdom would say 2 subs over 1 because you can smooth out the peaks and valleys and therefore get more uniform bass throughout the room. I would go that route, I have a single sub and there are definitely areas it is too loud and too quiet.
I agree that with optimal placement two subs is almost ALWAYS better than 1. The issue remains that some people have constraints on WHERE they can place the subs, and if those spots suck, two subs aren't going to be any better! :-)

"Honey, in order to get rid of a nasty null, I need to remove the end table and put the second sub next to the couch, ok?"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..I think we know how that will turn out for most..
pappaduke likes this.
post #39 of 43 Old 11-30-2019, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipca204 View Post
I agree that with optimal placement two subs is almost ALWAYS better than 1. The issue remains that some people have constraints on WHERE they can place the subs, and if those spots suck, two subs aren't going to be any better! :-)

"Honey, in order to get rid of a nasty null, I need to remove the end table and put the second sub next to the couch, ok?"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..I think we know how that will turn out for most..
Very good point. For arguments sake, if one had minidsp could you address that issue of non-optimal placement?
post #40 of 43 Old 11-30-2019, 07:56 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Liked: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Recon View Post
Very good point. For arguments sake, if one had minidsp could you address that issue of non-optimal placement?
to a degree I am sure, but it obviously would depend on what the issue is. Nulls are nasty, because once you start having to add boost to get where you want to be, things get dicey with the power required to do so. I much prefer issues where i can correct spikes with cutting rather than trying to fix nulls by boosting..
Ghost Recon likes this.
post #41 of 43 Old 12-01-2019, 01:21 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Received my PB12. Watched Overlord and Super 8. OMG!. I have been missing THAT deep bass for many years..Wife and kids said the house shaking many times.. thank god, didn't go for Two PB12.
post #42 of 43 Old 12-01-2019, 05:19 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 315 Post(s)
Liked: 157
picked up 2 SB12-NSD. now I have 4

Now to find the best way to make them all play nice together.
post #43 of 43 Old 12-01-2019, 06:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 532 Post(s)
Liked: 221
Question for you folks. I have a PB12-NSD from 2006/2007. It consists of the 325 Watt Basch Amp. The PB12-NSD available today uses a different Amp Manufacturer at 400W.

Will this stil be an exact match to my older PB12-NSD to use as a Pair?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Great Found Deals

Tags
black friday , PB12-NSD , SB12-NSD , Svs

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page