Pioneer ELITE SW-E10 Andrew Jones - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Audiosaur

post #1 of 7 Old 11-25-2019, 06:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Pioneer ELITE SW-E10 Andrew Jones

I don't know much about this sub and see its a discontinued model but price seems good to me for someone looking into a small sealed sub at $200.

https://www.newegg.com/p/0S6-0016-00...5xdFi62q8IA%3D

samsung un55hu9000 sek3500 Marantz av7702 Audiocontrol Savoy 7x150 4x MA500U
swope center, tmww fronts, tm surrounds and rears
polk audio OWM3 x4 atmos
4 12" t3 audio subs ep4000 amp 2x15" type r sonotubes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 11-30-2019, 01:00 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I saw this too and am considering purchasing it. Anyone have any thoughts? I mainly want a decently compact sub and I'll be listening to mostly music with the sub, not really any movies.
post #3 of 7 Old 11-30-2019, 02:08 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I like this deal better than the JBL 550P 10" sealed sub for $190. Much more attractive visually and a smaller form factor. I haven't heard either sub though.

Charix - It should make for a good music sub, although I would want two.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 11-30-2019, 04:11 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpw545 View Post
I like this deal better than the JBL 550P 10" sealed sub for $190. Much more attractive visually and a smaller form factor. I haven't heard either sub though.

True, the Pioneer is smaller, if that's important to you. Having heard both, though, I can tell you the JBL will crush the Pioneer. At $190, the choice would be VERY easy for me.
tashspop likes this.
post #5 of 7 Old 11-30-2019, 05:08 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiosaur View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpw545 View Post

True, the Pioneer is smaller, if that's important to you. Having heard both, though, I can tell you the JBL will crush the Pioneer. At $190, the choice would be VERY easy for me.
I'd probably be able to fit the JBL if you think the sound is THAT much better than the Pioneer. I'm not gonna be cranking it super loud or anything, and I don't have too much to spend, I just want a nice, decent quality sub for music. Just confirming, you think the JBL would be a better choice than the Pioneer? I'm probably going to make a purchase today.
post #6 of 7 Old 11-30-2019, 06:44 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charix View Post
I'd probably be able to fit the JBL if you think the sound is THAT much better than the Pioneer. I'm not gonna be cranking it super loud or anything, and I don't have too much to spend, I just want a nice, decent quality sub for music. Just confirming, you think the JBL would be a better choice than the Pioneer? I'm probably going to make a purchase today.
Pretty hard to go against the advice of someone who has heard both subs first hand. It sounds like the JBL has stronger output, which makes sense giving the bigger amp. I would be curious if there is a difference in the sound quality of the bass as well.

Both subs are sealed, so both should be suited for music. The JBL is listed down to 27hz and the Pioneer to 30hz. I've owned a few ported JBL subs, and in my experience, those models had a good amount of punch in the midbass. The kind of punch that hits you in the chest when listening to kick drums. Noticeably more than some other brands I tried although the others went deeper (Velodyne, Klipsch). I found this to be a desirable feature for a music-only sub since I listen to heavy metal. Unfortunately, the ported JBL's weren't tight enough for music-only.
post #7 of 7 Old 12-02-2019, 08:27 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 1
You will not be displeased with the JBL if you can get it for $190.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Great Found Deals

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page