• 1 Post By Spewdom
  • 1 Post By Ericglo

post #1 of 11 Old 12-13-2019, 11:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Avoid thetvbar.com

I'm posting this review in various places online, so if you've seen this before, do know that it's a legit posting. I'm trying to help people avoid what I've run into with thetvbar.com.

We'd read some posts saying it could be a bait and switch - and others that said the TV bar is legit. We found a great deal on a TV, and so we called TV bar directly before purchasing. After waiting on hold for an hour, we spoke with them, told them which model we wanted to buy and verified with them it was the right model (and for residential use, etc) and at the price they posted. After talking with them, it seemed legit, so we bought it.
Now, they tell us we bought their "commercial model" and need to pay $700 more to get the model we want, and that they, themselves!, confirmed with us on the phone before purchase. And of course, all of the other black friday sales are now over, so we're SOL. So, let any of your wondering be now confirmed. Thetvbar.com is not legitimate. I urge you to avoid them. Don't waste your time or your money. I am now waiting for a refund. If it does not post to my account, I will revise this post to let you know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 12-14-2019, 06:23 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 418 Post(s)
Liked: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by benibriak View Post
I'm posting this review in various places online, so if you've seen this before, do know that it's a legit posting. I'm trying to help people avoid what I've run into with thetvbar.com.

We'd read some posts saying it could be a bait and switch - and others that said the TV bar is legit. We found a great deal on a TV, and so we called TV bar directly before purchasing. After waiting on hold for an hour, we spoke with them, told them which model we wanted to buy and verified with them it was the right model (and for residential use, etc) and at the price they posted. After talking with them, it seemed legit, so we bought it.
Now, they tell us we bought their "commercial model" and need to pay $700 more to get the model we want, and that they, themselves!, confirmed with us on the phone before purchase. And of course, all of the other black friday sales are now over, so we're SOL. So, let any of your wondering be now confirmed. Thetvbar.com is not legitimate. I urge you to avoid them. Don't waste your time or your money. I am now waiting for a refund. If it does not post to my account, I will revise this post to let you know.
don't wait for a refund. file a credit card dispute NOW!
dwaleke likes this.
post #3 of 11 Old 12-29-2019, 11:02 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 120
These guys are TOTAL bait and switch [email protected]

There are a couple you will get when googling for the best deals on tv. They are all the same, and are probably run by the same outfit.

The story is the same with all of them. Some variation of "you are buying an industrial / out of country model", and must pay more for the "real" model.

Once they have you on the hook with the charge, you will get jerked around on when the product actually shows up. They do not have the model sitting on the floor, and will attempt to source from their various grey market sources. If they can't find the product at the "upsold" price, you are not getting your TV, plain and simple.

I had a similar experience with this company. Luckily they were unable to charge anything as I put a stop with the CC company.

Any money you may save using one of these companies is not worth the heartache.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benibriak View Post

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 01-15-2020, 09:09 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Lightbulb

Hey guys. I've been a long time lurker but created an account because I also wanted to warn that our credit card was used for online purchases that we didn't make on the very same day that I cancelled my order with THETVBAR.

Everything said above (and everything I've read online) has been true about this scumbag operation. I ordered a LG C9 OLED for a really great price. After a week, it still had not shipped. When I called to ask about the status, the rep wanted to confirm my order of a panel best suited for still images (like at an airport). I asked WTF would I want with that and he said THAT IS what I ordered. I said that there must be some mistake, please cancel my order. He said that they did have the tv I wanted but it would cost more (but they would also give me a discount). When they told me the new total, it was priced at the low end of the market and I agreed. The rep was very nice and considerate and even said that they would expedite the shipment free of charge. Sounds like a win, right? Nope. A few days later, I called back because again my order had not shipped, so I started feeling like something wasn't quite right. I did some research and saw all the bad publicity. I called to cancel and was in automated call queue for about 1h20m before I hung up. Then I called back later that day and got the rep after 50 minutes. So rep is doing everything he can to keep the order and I'm not getting into it, I just want it cancelled. He says "fine, sorry to hear that". I look online and my order is cancelled. Two days later, I'm trying to pay for gas and my credit card is declined. Long story short, my CC number was ripped and fraudulent charges were made. So beware!

Also, they have Amazon accounts under a different name. Apparently, they have to create new accounts when Amazon shuts them down. TECH BAR seems to be the latest incarnation. 0% positive over the last 12 months.

Appreciate the forum. Hope this helps keep people away from THETVBAR.
post #5 of 11 Old 01-15-2020, 12:40 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 19
So what about some of these other C9 discount places? I see deals on eBay and some folks here have mentioned Green Toe. Are those run by the same scammers?

Man, my trust in Amazon has dropped so low that I'm not buying anything on that site that is fulfilled by somebody else.

Scam site's price on a 77" C9 is 4 grand, not so great compared to GreenToe and eBay:

https://www.thetvbar.com/product-p/oled77c9pub.htm

Last edited by TraderGregg; 01-15-2020 at 12:44 PM.
post #6 of 11 Old 01-15-2020, 12:53 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 367 Post(s)
Liked: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by TraderGregg View Post
So what about some of these other C9 discount places? I see deals on eBay and some folks here have mentioned Green Toe. Are those run by the same scammers?

Man, my trust in Amazon has dropped so low that I'm not buying anything on that site that is fulfilled by somebody else.

Scam site's price on a 77" C9 is 4 grand, not so great compared to GreenToe and eBay:

Greentoe is legit. They use manufacturer authorized retailers to ship your electronics. They send your price range out and see if one of them is interested. Like if a brick and mortar store just has a few too many of a type of TV in stock and wants to move it. I used them for the TV I bought last year and had zero problems.
TraderGregg likes this.
post #7 of 11 Old 01-16-2020, 01:37 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Liked: 151
I bought my 65 inch LG E8 from farragut-electronics on e-bay in December 2018, and I had a very good price, and an overall good experience.
post #8 of 11 Old 01-16-2020, 04:16 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 3972 Post(s)
Liked: 2300
Quote:

Both greentoe and some ebay sellers have good feedback here. I bought from First Class TVs with no problem. The owner said the best time to buy is the deal of the day.

Having fun playing the new mobile game Volley Village
post #9 of 11 Old 05-01-2020, 10:15 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericglo View Post
Quote:

Both greentoe and some ebay sellers have good feedback here. I bought from First Class TVs with no problem. The owner said the best time to buy is the deal of the day.
I see that Green Toe and First Class TVs are both listed as unauthorized dealers on LG's site. https://www.lg.com/us/authorizeddeal...ized_retailers

Any recommendations for an authorized dealer with the best price?
post #10 of 11 Old 05-01-2020, 12:26 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 3972 Post(s)
Liked: 2300
Many people here have bought from firstclasstvs without any problem.
utgrad76 likes this.

Having fun playing the new mobile game Volley Village
post #11 of 11 Old 05-04-2020, 12:50 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericglo View Post
Many people here have bought from firstclasstvs without any problem.
I got a call from David at FirstClassTVs this morning. He mentioned the "mandatory" shipping insurance of $325 which brought the total price to $3,825 for the LG 77" C9. I thought about it, did further research, and just called back to cancel my order. Even if $3,825 with "free shipping" is a good deal and all would have worked out, I get nervous with sales tactics and general business practices when they are misleading and not transparent up front.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Great Found Deals

Tags
scams , thetvbar.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page