Costco 77" LG OLED w/SquareTrade through 2/2/2020 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 3Likes
  • 2 Post By bellhead
  • 1 Post By torii

post #1 of 7 Old 01-18-2020, 09:24 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 805 Post(s)
Liked: 326
Costco 77" LG OLED w/SquareTrade through 2/2/2020

It's on sale for $5049.99. Is this a good deal? Is this the current model? Is this a Costco proprietary model with reduced functionality? thx

https://www.costco.com/lg-77%22-clas...100488956.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 01-18-2020, 09:32 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylJosie View Post
It's on sale for $5049.99. Is this a good deal? Is this the current model? Is this a Costco proprietary model with reduced functionality? thx

https://www.costco.com/lg-77%22-clas...100488956.html
I bought the same tv in October for $3995 from Greentoe, which included delivery into my foyer. I paid another $100 for professional installation.
dwaleke and Spock1234 like this.

To the everlasting glory of the infantry Shines the name, shines the name of Rodger Young
post #3 of 7 Old 01-18-2020, 01:26 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 805 Post(s)
Liked: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellhead View Post
I bought the same tv in October for $3995 from Greentoe, which included delivery into my foyer. I paid another $100 for professional installation.
Well that's a big difference, 20%. That's the same price as Black Friday that I saw referenced (wasn't shopping then, that's from other posts).

I've never used Greentoe. Looks like their meter says I might get it as low as $3900 and get the installation 'for free'.

Does it disclose who the retailer is when you get offers? Any gotchas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 01-18-2020, 08:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Well that's a big difference, 20%. That's the same price as Black Friday that I saw referenced (wasn't shopping then, that's from other posts).

I've never used Greentoe. Looks like their meter says I might get it as low as $3900 and get the installation 'for free'.

I am not allowed the dealer, but yes you know. I never had to do any of the paperwork, within a week I received and email from LG with the warranty registration information. Someone set the account up so I have the warranty, which was a big worry.

To the everlasting glory of the infantry Shines the name, shines the name of Rodger Young
post #5 of 7 Old 01-19-2020, 04:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 481 Post(s)
Liked: 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellhead View Post
Quote:

I am not allowed the dealer, but yes you know. I never had to do any of the paperwork, within a week I received and email from LG with the warranty registration information. Someone set the account up so I have the warranty, which was a big worry.
I thought I read on the Green toe site that you only know who the dealer is once your offer is accepted. so you won't know who the dealer is before the offer is accepted. And that means you won't know what the return policy is until after your offer is accepted.

I also read on their site that their return policy starts from the day of purchase. 30 days. Not 30 days from the time of deliveryn like everywhere else.

Those things alone seems to make greentoe a risky proposition. meaning you might get stuck with return shipping if you're not happy with the product. and if it takes 2 weeks for a scheduled delivery, you only have two weeks in-house to review the product.

-T
post #6 of 7 Old 01-19-2020, 05:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Quoted: 4129 Post(s)
Liked: 2413
I wont buy a tv online unless a return store is in driving distance...period. do you know how much to return ship a tv is?
mttpalmer likes this.

Power: Marantz sr7008, NAD C 275Bee x 2, Video: Oppo 103, Samsung 75un6300 LG oled c9 77
Speakers: Focal aria 948, Focal cc900, Klipsch synergy KSF 10.5, Magnepan LRS, Audioengine A2+
Subs: Rythmik FV25HP, Rythmik FV15HP, Velodyne HGS 12, Velodyne VA1512
post #7 of 7 Old 01-29-2020, 09:47 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 252
I also got mine for $3995 delivered plus 2 year extended warranty, smoking deal and I'm looking forward to watching the Superbowl in 4K HDR (like Thursday night games) even if Fox is only upscaling a 2K HDR feed. I'm going to record both feeds and it will be interesting after the game to switch back and forth and see if Fox or LG upscales better, or if the only difference is the HDR on the Fox 4K feed vs SDR on the Fox 2K.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/9/26/2...ball-streaming

https://www.businessinsider.com/supe...true-4k-2020-1

SCG

Last edited by SoCalGuy-99; 01-29-2020 at 10:15 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Great Found Deals

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page