Vizio P Series Quantum 65" Now Only $898 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4Likes
  • 1 Post By Mattopotamus
  • 1 Post By alec_b
  • 1 Post By whodunnit
  • 1 Post By cgramer

post #1 of 18 Old 04-09-2020, 05:31 PM - Thread Starter
Mark Henninger

Mentioned: 468 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9497 Post(s)
Liked: 16857
Vizio P Series Quantum 65" Now Only $898

It's amazing how much TV you can get for your dollar these days. An excellent example is the Vizio P Series Quantum 65" TV that is now on sale for $898. This is a truly full-featured TV that has a 200-zone FALD backlight capable of 1100-nit peak brightness, for eye-popping HDR. Quantum dots ensure this TV will deliver bright, vivid color for years to come without risk of burn-in.

This TV is built to make 4K and HDR look great, including Dolby Vision content. The SmartCast platform puts tons of content at your fingertips and allows you to control this TV with voice assistants, Vizio's Smartcast app, or a traditional remote control.

This is an amazing TV for the money, now available for under a grand.

BUY NOW

---------

We are committed to finding, researching, and recommending the best products. We earn commissions from purchases you make using the retail links in our product reviews. Learn more about how this works here.

Mark Henninger
Editor, AVS Forum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 04-10-2020, 07:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2149 Post(s)
Liked: 2259
I have the original 4K P-series (think it is the original, P65-C1), and it is one of the best TVs I have owned. It recently was updated to add Airplay 2, which is incredible for a TV that is several years old.
bpmurr likes this.
post #3 of 18 Old 04-10-2020, 05:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 6
I noticed that the Best Buy website is no longer selling this. I was on their site like this week, or last week looking at it. The 2020 TVs from Vizio must be coming out soon? Might not be worth jumping on this considering how much better the lighting is with the new ones.

edit: Actually, just looking over this post, and I mean't to say that BB stopped selling the Quantum X model.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 Old 04-11-2020, 04:40 AM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 35
It's a very good priced TV for being 65" and having DV and Airplay 2. I wish I gotten it or the X over my LG C8. LG really dropped the ball with support for eARC, Airplay 2 and is overpriced in general. Too bad I am in Italy on lockdown and can't get this bad boy.

LG C8 55" OLED | Sony UBP-X700 | Onkyo TX-RZ830 | Klipsch RF-82 II | Klipsch RC-62 II | Klipsch RB-51 II | Klipsch RP-500SA | SVS PB1000
post #5 of 18 Old 04-11-2020, 06:58 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Vizio worth it?

Is Vizio worth it? I've seen quite a few comments online in various social media threads of owners having quality control issues. Whereas LG and Sony don't seem to have as many problems. A matter of you get what you pay for?
post #6 of 18 Old 04-11-2020, 10:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1103 Post(s)
Liked: 364
TVs last 15 tears or more nowadays. So long term reliability is important.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
post #7 of 18 Old 04-11-2020, 10:15 AM - Thread Starter
Mark Henninger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernCA View Post
TVs last 15 tears or more nowadays. So long term reliability is important.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Of course reliability is important. But if you make any effort to keep up with screen technology and video formats, then 15 years is too long to wait for an upgrade (IMO).

On the other hand I gave my friend a 55" Vizio I bought back in 2012 - The Razor 55" 3D (M3D550KD). He still has it, still uses it every day, no reason to think it's going to quit anytime soon.

Mark Henninger
Editor, AVS Forum

Last edited by imagic; 04-11-2020 at 11:27 AM.
post #8 of 18 Old 04-11-2020, 11:03 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattopotamus View Post
I have the original 4K P-series (think it is the original, P65-C1), and it is one of the best TVs I have owned. It recently was updated to add Airplay 2, which is incredible for a TV that is several years old.

Almost: I'm still rocking the original 4k P-series, model # P602ui-B3. 64 zones of local dimming, 120hz refresh rate, one single HDMI 2.0 port for 4k60 support. I paid $1,400 for it back in 2014 at Sam's Club, and still enjoy it to this day.
imagic likes this.
post #9 of 18 Old 04-11-2020, 11:21 AM - Thread Starter
Mark Henninger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattopotamus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by alec_b View Post
Almost: I'm still rocking the original 4k P-series, model # P602ui-B3. 64 zones of local dimming, 120hz refresh rate, one single HDMI 2.0 port for 4k60 support. I paid $1,400 for it back in 2014 at Sam's Club, and still enjoy it to this day.
One of the more impressive things about Vizio is how it uses the SmartCast platform to roll out updates that add or improve features or performance on its older TVs, not just its latest models.

Mark Henninger
Editor, AVS Forum
post #10 of 18 Old 04-12-2020, 11:37 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 17
My Vizio M series from 2015 is still going strong. I was concerned about all the negative posts about it back then but I seem to have avoided any trouble (knock on wood). Its only weakness is no HDR.

I wish that means I can trust Vizio's latest offerings automatically but the P series is not without its quirks. Screen uniformity problems is one of my pet peeves. The change in input location is also a challenge for me.
post #11 of 18 Old 04-16-2020, 07:18 AM

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglepuffxlz View Post
Is Vizio worth it? I've seen quite a few comments online in various social media threads of owners having quality control issues. Whereas LG and Sony don't seem to have as many problems. A matter of you get what you pay for?

The first LCD/flat screen TV I ever bought was a 37" Vizio 720p TV back in 2005 or 2006.

It's still in my bedroom and used daily. I keep saying I need to replace it, but haven't got around to it yet.
post #12 of 18 Old 04-16-2020, 07:21 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I miss my P75-C1. Such a great all round TV - movies/TV were spectacular and gaming was superb.
post #13 of 18 Old 04-16-2020, 07:30 AM

Location: Wherever you go...well there you are. Currently I'm here, but soon I'll be someplace else. But rest assured I'll be there at the time, but I'll be gone before you know it.
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 74
My Vizio M series from 2015 is also going strong, and has outlasted the Panasonic before it. My son in law just purchased the latest P series 65” and I was amazed at the picture quality. I can’t justify replacing a perfectly good working TV though. Given how quickly the industry rolls out new features, formats and connectivity standards, it makes little sense to me to spend $2000 ++ for a “high end” TV, when models such as the P series exist. If it dies after five years, than you’ve probably been jonesing for a new set for at least two years prior anyway. You might be frustrated that your current TV doesn’t die soon enough. Regarding initial QC concerns, Costco’s return policies are impressive, and many credit cards will double your warranty period.
jdryyz likes this.
post #14 of 18 Old 04-21-2020, 10:02 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 7
I picked up one of these when they launched for 1499 at costco. Had some banding issues and a weird issue where the picture would randomly go to rainbow lines. Vizio had no issue replacing the set. Had less banding but still prominent on black scenes. So it became my living room tv and an excuse to get an OLED haha.
post #15 of 18 Old 04-22-2020, 05:35 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I knew there was a reason I don't put much on what Mark favors. I bought the PX65 a couple months ago, I liked the TV as a rule for the price, the motion on it was excellent however the color rendition was absolutely horrible and no matter how I tried to tweak it I was not able to correct the phony color palette this TV portrays. I returned the TV immediately, and I like Vizio as rule. In fact I bought the M55 and it's just fine I like it for the money, does it have the rich color that my Sony has, No, does it have the accurate display my Samsung has, No, but it does a decent job for it price tag.
post #16 of 18 Old 04-29-2020, 11:59 AM

Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagic View Post
It's amazing how much TV you can get for your dollar these days. An excellent example is the Vizio P Series Quantum 65" TV that is now on sale for $898.
The Quantum X model (PX65-G1) is on sale on Vizio's site for just $100 more. With nearly 3x the peak brightness and almost 2x the dimming zones, seems like a no-brainer:
https://www.vizio.com/topdeals/px65g1.html

If only I were in the market right now!
L4d likes this.

Pioneer SX-680 receiver (soon to be replaced by Bluesound Powernode 2i)
Yamaha NS-A2835 speakers (soon to be replaced by new towers)
Vizio E55-C2 HDTV
Sony PlayStation 3
Xiaomi Mi Box S Android TV box
post #17 of 18 Old 04-29-2020, 12:00 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 15
My 65"

My P65-E-1 is the best display I've ever had. That includes a Fujitsu 55" plasma and a couple of Samsung's that barely lasted 3 years each. I love my Vizio.
post #18 of 18 Old 05-13-2020, 07:47 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgalakazam View Post
It's a very good priced TV for being 65" and having DV and Airplay 2. I wish I gotten it or the X over my LG C8. LG really dropped the ball with support for eARC, Airplay 2 and is overpriced in general. Too bad I am in Italy on lockdown and can't get this bad boy.
Not sure when you purchased your C8, but that's 2 generations (and 2+ years) out of date, so not really a fair comparison to any current models (and still has better picture quality than this Visio being discussed, or any other current non-OLED TV, only lacking in the brightness department really, so if that's critical (ambient light usage) then okay, less PQ but more NITS will be important, otherwise the C8 is still a stellar display, ignoring other ancillary features.

Not sure if the new B/C 'X' series address your other feature complaints or not, but the C8 is "antique" for 2020 standards (and I'm still loving mine every time I watch it).

Main theater: 14.5'x14.5': LG OLED65C7P; Denon AVR X6400; 11.1 setup with Atmos: Pioneer FS52 (LR), Polk CS20 (c), BS-22 (SR,SL,BR,BL), SP-T22A-LR (x4), SW8-MK2 subwoofer; Samsung UBD-8500 4k BluRay player; XBox One S, XBox 360, Wii, and lots of other odds and ends.
Home studio: 2x Harbinger APS15 speakers, Behringer 8x2 mixer, for various keyboards, guitars, and mic.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Great Found Deals

Tags
vizio p series quantum

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page