• 2 Post By Scott Wilkinson

post #1 of 4 Old 03-10-2017, 05:11 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 95 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1881 Post(s)
Liked: 4909
LG OLED TV Deep Dive

Journalists Chris Boylan from BigPictureBigSound.com, Caleb Denison from DigitalTrends.com, and Robert Heron from HeronFidelity.com join me to talk about our recent trip to San Francisco for a deep dive into the 2017 LG OLED TVs. Topics include the improvements LG made compared with the 2016 models, a side-by-side demo of a 2016 E6, 2017 E7, and Sony X300 professional OLED monitor, HDR, Dolby Atmos immersive sound, the flagship W7's large soundbar/processor/input module, comments from our hands-on time with the W7, answers to chat-room questions, and more.

skoolpsyk and dnoonie like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-12-2017, 10:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 651 Post(s)
Liked: 175
Scott you brought up the green and red tints on 2016 OLED'S. My question is, did LG do away with it on 2017 models?
My second question concerns my 65C6, which has a pinkish color, on Ice, with Hockey games. I did use AVS 709 disk on my Blu-ray player and white showed up white, with no pinkish tint. So my next question, how different is the 2017 processor compared to the 2016 models? I think the pink is a form of pixilation.
How many software changes on the 2017 models do you think, will make it too the 2016 models.
post #3 of 4 Old 03-12-2017, 11:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 651 Post(s)
Liked: 175
Well Caleb hit the home, run with his comment, film grain making my OLED look like crap. I have spent months with this TV trying to get it right and now I find it's not the TV it's the content. I can tell you the average consumer will not put up with this or waste their time. I paid 2250.00 for my 65C6 and bought it where I could not take it back.
LCD has not dropped in price, like the rock it is, so the price I paid is as low as a Vizio. If they don't straighten out this mess, people will think it's OLED and just not trust it. This is like plasma with the burn in bad rap, it's the TV"S tech.
Like Chris I did buy the 65C6 for 3D, well I guess I'm in the 25% .

Last edited by 6athome; 03-12-2017 at 01:40 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 03-13-2017, 10:08 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 249 Post(s)
Liked: 189
Scott,
I really enjoyed this episode, although since I just bought my TV upgrade, it introduced a little bit of buyer's remorse.

I also enjoyed your guests. I used to read a lot of Big Picture, Big Sound, I currently read/watch a lot of Digital Trends, and Robert Heron's always a great addition to the show. Since they all focus on slightly different areas of the HT experience, it was very helpful hearing each of their insights on what they liked, disliked, and found interesting about the TV. Definitely have Chris and Caleb(and Robert) on again!

Pioneer SC-95, 2x Crown XLS 1000 (LCR amps)
3x Epos Epic 2(LCR), 4x Emotiva UAW 6.2(Surrounds), 4x Aperion Intimus LC-I6(Atmos/DTS:X)
2x Dayton Ultimax 18" sealed(subs), Behringer Inuke 6000DSP(sub amp),
Vizio P-65C1 LED HDR
Oppo UDP-203 HD-Blu Ray Player, Oppo DV971H DVD Player, Roku Premiere+
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply AVS Forum® Podcasts

Tags
Home Theater Geeks , lg oled , lg w7

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page