• 1 Post By OsoSolitario

post #1 of 3 Old 07-01-2017, 01:11 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 95 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1881 Post(s)
Liked: 4912
THX Update

THX CTO Scott Francis talks about the company's work in commercial- and home-cinema certification, product certification, and technology development. Topics include history of THX, some technical details of the iconic signature sound called Deep Note, a new partnership with Cinemark called THX Cinema Alliance, recommendations for speaker placement and seating distance in a home theater, immersive audio, high dynamic range, audio and video product testing and certification, the company's recent acquisition by Razer, AAA amplifier technology, answers to chat-room questions, and more.

https://www.avsforum.com/thx-update/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-04-2017, 12:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Uhh! Four days from posting and no comments yet.... That seems glorious days of THX into theaters & Home Theaters had been forgotten so fast!

My receiver Pioneer LX87 (European version) came with THX processing for audio, something which (IMHO) adds an extra feeling in surround sound. There's a true fact: since the arrival of object based surround sound, THX leave his interest on surround sound hardware, giving the only preference on certification business... So far any project for post-processing Atmos or DTS:X sound has been introducing yet. That would be interesting to see some THX touch on future Atmos based sound components (Processors/receivers) or just to see THX specifications to get the best Atmos speaker layout in a home theater room. Maybe in the future.....
Ulisescm likes this.
post #3 of 3 Old 07-06-2017, 04:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Liked: 207
I actually didn't realize until a few days ago a that the THX sound modes are not compatible with Dolby Atmos or DTS:X on home audio receivers. Quite shocked to hear this actually since I have pretty much exclusively used the THX sound modes on my Pioneer Elite receivers since the late 90's. I wish this question would have been asked in the interview as the THX processing cannot be used with any 3D or immersive sound modes. Also can these receivers be FW upgraded when THX processing does become compatible with Dolby Atmos and DTS:X in the future?

Last edited by PRO-630HD; 07-07-2017 at 04:51 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply AVS Forum® Podcasts

Tags
deep note , Home Theater Geeks , thx , thx certification

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page