Home Theater Geeks Canceled - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 265Likes

post #61 of 189 Old 10-13-2017, 01:25 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanR View Post
Noooo !! I was bummed last week about this time when the show didn't air and thought it was a last minute scheduling thing with the guest .. but when there was nothing this week, I started looking for a reason and found this thread. I started watching TWIT news years ago but quit because it wasn't worth the time .. and never was a TTG fan. But I've been watching HTG every week since I came back to AVS about 3 years ago and HTG has been my favorite podcast and it's largely due to two reasons: (1) the variety/depth of the topics, and (2) your interviewing skills/style. I'm a 65 yr old retired I/T techie and I was constantly amazed at your ability to pause and explain the acronyms/lingo and to find ways to communicate complex concepts in very understandable terms and make informative connections to related tech or developments. You always seemed to find the most knowledgable guests on the show talking about some timely topic in the industry. And when you weren't doing that, you often had a guest panel who would help us sort through the many messages from some industry event. Just an excellent and varied venue for helping us all keep up with the changes in this industry. I'm past due with a "well done" .. take a break .. but please don't underestimate the value you have brought to the community through HTG. Like other have said, I would gladly support a similar future offering on a subscription basis. I'm sure the HTG podcast was time consuming and you're likely re-evaluating how best to spend your time, but you have a unique set of personal skills that (in my opinion) are more valuable doing an HTG podcast kind of thing and I hope that AVS agrees. Best wishes.
Thanks for all of your great work, Scott. Your podcast was at the top of my list along with AVRant and I learned so much about the world of audio and video over the years that I have been listening. I do hope that you will come back in some other format. There is a dearth of quality A/V podcasts out there and the loss of HTG will leave a void that will not be easily filled. However, I do understand your desire to take some time away to recharge. Just don’t make it too long!

Marantz 7010 AVR --->7.2.4, LG OLED65E6, Oppo UDP-203, Onkyo TX-750 (2nd amp), Elac UF5 Front, DCM CX-Center, Elac UB5 Surrounds Polk A4 (Back) Energy CB-20 x 4 (ceiling) Hsu VTF2-MK4 x 2 Subs, Harmony Elite
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 189 Old 10-15-2017, 02:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
This was one of my favorite shows on Twit !
Please scott go the way of Dick DeBartolo, the "The Giz Wiz!" and Produce your own show !
Leo being the most gracious podcaster ( Twitcaster) will no doubt give you a leg up!
Please don't stop the show !
Sincerely , jo
post #63 of 189 Old 10-16-2017, 06:15 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Thanks for your quality program

Scott,

I am newbie and you did a great job educating me all about home theater. I have followed and learned a lot over the past few years. I learned about some great products and learned a lot from your guests. I am in the process of purchasing my first Stewart Screen partly due to your episode and your guest Don Stewart. Fascinating stuff!

I plan to research into your archives and continue my life long learning of HT.

By the way is there a method of searching for content in your episodes?

Thanks again for your passion, curiosity, and ability to teach us all!

God speed.

Ron.
Haiej likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 189 Old 10-17-2017, 04:21 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 318 Post(s)
Liked: 165
I can't believe they cancelled the show. I've been following the podcast since day one! It was a great show and they gave you such an unworthy ending to it all with no goodbye show or anything. I had to search the web to just find out from twit.tv website that it was dropped. Really bad from their part I feel. For sure one of the best shows they had and I don't know of anything like anywhere else. Thank you for all the years Scott and I wish you the very best in the future.

/Philip

Room| Treated | Sound| Front: Ino Audio i32s, Center: Ino Audio i16s, Surrounds: 6 x Ino a2, 6 x Ino a1, Subs: 6 x Ino Infra-Y|
Picture | Epson TW9300, Seymour Center Stage UF 130.4" retractable 2.35:1 |
Electronics | Arcam AVR390(Dirac Live), 3x Ncore nc400 monoblocks, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen2, EP4000, Panasonic UB700, Allo Katana + Isolator 1.2(Roon bridge/DAC), ATV 4K |
post #65 of 189 Old 10-17-2017, 04:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 676 Post(s)
Liked: 692
I don’t know the back story with Leo but you deserve much acclaim, Scott. I used to listen to only the first 45 minutes of Leo’s weekend radio show so that I would catch Scott Wilkinson’s segment. I was then a weekly subscriber to HTG podcasts and learned so much, even when the guests were too esoteric for me. Scott would always try to break things down to clarify the subject to the audience.

I am totally bummed the podcast has ended on Twit and I will follow Scott should he find another platform for his show. Best wishes and thanks for all you do, Scott!
post #66 of 189 Old 10-18-2017, 02:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Well this was disappointing news. Thanks for the show and hope you pick it up somewhere else!

Robert Clark
post #67 of 189 Old 10-18-2017, 04:31 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Such a drag.

I always loaded up HTG & Twit News for a long dog walk. Let me offer my appreciation for a top show that really filled a need and a niche. Two Summers ago I visited Leo's TWIT Brick House and got a photo with fez cap + Leo. Hope this unexpected HTG news does not bode ill of TWIT. But no doubt, this is indicative of a TWIT marketing problem I hope they can fix. (Note: You can't just build a better mouse trap and expect folks (viewers & sponsors) will beat a path to it. Just doesn't work that way.)

Take a deserved break and please go for it again, Scott.

Cheers,
Rob

PS: In my search for answers, discovered you are a tuba player (among many other things). I'm now inspired to say maybe this will finally be the year I participate in Victoria's Tuba Christmas (with the same Eb Mirafone tuba I played in high school in the late '60s).
post #68 of 189 Old 10-19-2017, 02:34 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I'm really sorry to hear that, Scott. I only started watching your podcast over the summer, but I always looked forward to watching new episodes (and watching old ones inbetween!). It helped me learn so much and I always loved your positive attitude and knack for knowing when you may have to explain terms for newbies like myself
post #69 of 189 Old 10-19-2017, 06:41 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Long time listener, first time commenter. Excellent podcast. You have the unique talent of covering extremely technical topics while taking the time to ensure the entire audience is following along. Great guests covering great topics. Aside from staying glued to avsforum, I knew of no better way to stay current on the latest down to earth videophile and audiophile technology and topics. Let alone the insight from your impressive panel of guests.

Cheers to a good run. I’ll be on the lookout for your next endeavor.
olof79, lvc10000 and mrtickleuk like this.
post #70 of 189 Old 10-20-2017, 07:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 699 Post(s)
Liked: 260
I was getting worried with the dearth of advertising on the show... Thanks for all the hard work. I always listened on the first day it was out and sometimes went back for the video. I hope you can get back to it sometime. I loved the musician perspective that you brought to the show.

Thanks for so many great shows,

Greg
post #71 of 189 Old 10-20-2017, 07:45 AM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Scott,

I was wondering what happened with the show and just saw this thread today. I really looked forward to watching your show every week. I learned a lot from your show.

I hope you can continue doing another show like this in the future. Please keep us informed.

Media Room System: Pioneer Elite Kuro PRO-111FD, Oppo UDP-203, Roku Streaming Stick+, Emotiva XMC-1 Processor (5.2 Setup), Emotiva XPA-5 Gen 2 Amp, (4) GoldenEar Aon 2 Speakers, (1) GoldenEar SuperCenter X, (2) SVS SB-1000 Subs, Logitech Harmony 900 Universal Remote, and Furman Elite-15 PFi Power Conditioner
Computer Audio System: AudioQuest DragonFly Red DAC, AudioQuest JitterBug, Audeze LCD-X Headphones, and Audiofly AF180 In-Ear Monitors
post #72 of 189 Old 10-20-2017, 11:43 AM

Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 93
sorry to see the show go! It plus AVRant are my weekly go to's.

Hopefully you and Mark take up Rob's offer to pop into AVRant from time to time!
post #73 of 189 Old 10-20-2017, 01:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 747 Post(s)
Liked: 163
Many thanks Scott. I watch from the UK and hope to see you return in such a show again, even if it is less frequent.

I will even buy those Sponsored Doggy Bark snacks if it helps and I don’t even have a dog. Woof.
Kev Greenhalgh and mrtickleuk like this.

Last edited by Soundizer17; 10-20-2017 at 02:33 PM.
post #74 of 189 Old 10-20-2017, 03:34 PM

Liked: 4
Thank you for bringing this whole industry (from content to enablers & influencers and manufacturers) ever closer to us, true A&V enthusiasts worldwide, and having the only professional grade show that made us understand, learn, think 🤔 and look forward to what was ahead. Not just another now on sale product info, review, opinion or mostly bla-bla “bore me” show.

Hard to believe for a regular since almost the beginning, looking forward every week, and especially in comparison to the rest on Twit or other. Sure we couldn’t be equally interested in every topic each and every week of each year but I always took something out of each of them. The informative netcast I enjoyed from someone I trusted
I believe some of us feel that you’ve had a great contribution and are leaving an empty void after you. Big 👍 to you and your team and we look forward to an even better come back! 😊

Last edited by lvc10000; 10-21-2017 at 04:16 AM.
post #75 of 189 Old 10-20-2017, 08:57 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Thanks so much for all the hard work. I learned a tremendous amount from you and your guests. Please find another outlet for your talent. Best of luck.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
post #76 of 189 Old 10-20-2017, 08:58 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am so sorry about the cancellation. I was wondering why I did not see any new episodes. Besides All About Andorid, HTG was by far my favorite show. If you need funding for the new podcast, please set up some sort of Patreon or Kickstarter campaign. I would be more than happy to help get HTG back.

I made an account today to let you know that we will miss you.

Enjoy your break.
post #77 of 189 Old 10-21-2017, 07:15 AM

Liked: 21
Thank you so much Scott! I am so disappointed but am looking forward to seeing what you'll do next. Geek Out!
post #78 of 189 Old 10-21-2017, 05:01 PM

Liked: 2
I wondered why no new podcast episode anymore for a while so i googled and found the reason here in this thread =(
I only registered to write this:
I'm Ugur from Germany and work on all sorts of interactive content (animations, games, serious apps, interactive art installations and other things), i'm not an audiophile with golden ear with awesome audio hardware, nor do i have the greatest home cinema setup.

But i loved to listen to your podcast for a good long while now, it covered so many interesting topics and one could really learn a lot in many fields from it.
It had a great balance of entertainment, knowledge and deep passion and passionate people.
Basically highlighting the art, science and passion about audio/video and gear for it in excellent way.
I feel like it's a big loss for Twit. I listen to several other twit podcasts, too, but i feel like yours was actually one of longer term value than episodes of many of the others which often cover weekly tech news which then are an old hat next week (even if interesting to listen to the first time, too).
I feel like that strength of your podcast could have been way better highlighted and as such those episodes also promoted longer term and bigger for their ongoing value.
I understand you want to do some other things for a while now but i would love it if at some point you maybe make a new show, maybe put it on youtube/twitch etc.
I see there are some channels there like the Linus Media stuff which do some channels on new gadgets and topic of the day stuff, too but also some channels where they make some videos on some topics which could be interesting to people longer term and they get lots of views over the years.
Generally interesting topics related to tech people might wonder about usually.

Anyway, no matter what you do, best of luck to you, thanks for all the great work you and your podcast guests did over the years.
snpanago, Haiej and mrtickleuk like this.
post #79 of 189 Old 10-21-2017, 08:19 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob BG View Post
I always loaded up HTG ... for a long dog walk.
LOL... same here. I actually just got into it recently and began listening to old episodes since I walk the dog at almost daily. So this show is definitely missed. I hope Scott can bring it back. If not, there's definitely a gap here for home theater enthusiasts.

LG 65E6; Denon AVR-X4300H; MartinLogan Motion 40 L/R; MartinLogan Motion 30 C; Polk OWM5 S L/R; Polk OWM3 H F L/R, R L/R
post #80 of 189 Old 10-22-2017, 06:09 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 747 Post(s)
Liked: 163
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyago123 View Post
LOL... same here. I actually just got into it recently and began listening to old episodes since I walk the dog at almost daily. So this show is definitely missed. I hope Scott can bring it back. If not, there's definitely a gap here for home theater enthusiasts.
It should be revived in favour of Animal welfare, where now suddenly dogs all over the world are not being walked by owners.

A protest perhaps.

Think about the innocent pets.
Kev Greenhalgh likes this.
post #81 of 189 Old 10-22-2017, 05:17 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Scott,

Thank you so much for everything! I really appreciated your show.
post #82 of 189 Old 10-24-2017, 01:41 PM
BP

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Scott: from this aging audiophile, a sincere "thank you" for years of meaningful, educational and entertaining podcasts. Now that I have the time to dig deeer into the how and why of my system, your podcast has become a resource of knowledge that has directed me towards researching successful ways of dealing with my system. You and your guests have explained complicated issues in a way that's accessible and useable to the non-engineer enthusiast.
Yours was one of my standard audio/HT podcast diet. I truly hope you take some time for yourself and, when the bug hits, you will find a way to continue sharing your knowledge and enthusiasm with the rest of us.
Thank you, Scott!
hi-fidelity4all likes this.

BP

Open mind, open ears. There are no absolutes!
post #83 of 189 Old 10-26-2017, 02:30 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I need to apologize Scott, it's likely you were canceled because I just got into your podcast this month and have been waiting for the next episode.

I will be spending a lot of quality time with the back episodes, thanks for that.
post #84 of 189 Old 10-27-2017, 09:56 AM

Liked: 2
Bummer

Now I have no reasons to go to this twit thing. Twit is officially dead to me now. HTG was the only show I still watched on twit. Avs Forum should have podcasts too. I kept all HTG podcast, The quality of guests was outstanding and way way over the head of what TWIT is capable of doing. HTG didn't need TWIT. As I said to Scott in his show chat, I didn't watched live most of the time but HTG was the only shows from twit I maid time to watch in podcast. Thanks again for the great work. ITM folks.
LarrynKy likes this.
post #85 of 189 Old 10-30-2017, 05:09 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I'll miss it! Here's hoping that after a much deserved rest some sort of podcast comes back with you hosting Scott! Thanks for all the great shows.

Optoma UHD51A, 135" Elite Saker Tab Tensioned Cinewhite 1.1 Gain, Marantz 7703, Carver AV-705 Amp, AudioSource Amps (Ceiling), B&W 802 Matrix Series III, 805 Series III, HTM, Oppo 205, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon with upgrades, MacMini for Roon, X-Box One X, Playstation 4 Pro, Sony 70" 850B.
post #86 of 189 Old 10-30-2017, 05:22 PM

Liked: 1
Scott,

Thanks to the you and the HTG webcast I have felt that I have finally started to understand the state of the art in Home Theatre. I'm saddened to see that TWIT though this not to be economically viable but I feel you will find another venue to continue sharing your love and expertise. I look forward to the next chapter.

Scott McKee
Soundizer17 likes this.
post #87 of 189 Old 11-02-2017, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvc10000 View Post
Thank you for bringing this whole industry (from content to enablers & influencers and manufacturers) ever closer to us, true A&V enthusiasts worldwide, and having the only professional grade show that made us understand, learn, think 🤔 and look forward to what was ahead. Not just another now on sale product info, review, opinion or mostly bla-bla “bore me” show.

Hard to believe for a regular since almost the beginning, looking forward every week, and especially in comparison to the rest on Twit or other. Sure we couldn’t be equally interested in every topic each and every week of each year but I always took something out of each of them. The informative netcast I enjoyed from someone I trusted
I believe some of us feel that you’ve had a great contribution and are leaving an empty void after you. Big 👍 to you and your team and we look forward to an even better come back! 😊
Totally agree, This is sad news.

Scott, your podcast will be missed dearly. I drive out of town 1-2 weekends a month and HTG was always on my playlist for the trip!

Definitely, informative and from someone I trusted : )

Hope to "hear" you back again somewhere, somehow, very soon.

Geek out!
post #88 of 189 Old 11-04-2017, 12:48 PM
Blu-ray Reviewer

Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Quoted: 1683 Post(s)
Liked: 6134
Greetings,

Scott, I am very sorry to hear of the cancellation of Home Theater Geeks. I enjoyed it, and the work you put into it, as well having the pleasure of being a guest three times.

Regards,
Mark Seaton and Erato949 like this.

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviewer
My Home Theater
Follow me on Twitter @RalphAVSreviews
post #89 of 189 Old 11-04-2017, 12:54 PM

Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 66
I loved it when Scott took over "The Tech Guy" show the few times Leo was on vacation. Now I only listen to his segment of the podcast every Saturday afternoon. Has anyone else tuned in?
Erato949 and Soundizer17 like this.

Source: Thinkpad running iTunes/JRMC upsampling to 24/192
DAC/SACD: Oppo 105D
Amps: Pathos Aurium, Chord Mojo, LG V20 (quad-dac)
AVR: Yamaha Aventage RX-A3010
Headphones: AKG K812, AKG K3003
post #90 of 189 Old 11-04-2017, 04:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 181 Post(s)
Quoted: 4897 Post(s)
Liked: 7194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy701 View Post
I loved it when Scott took over "The Tech Guy" show the few times Leo was on vacation. Now I only listen to his segment of the podcast every Saturday afternoon. Has anyone else tuned in?
Only once. Described in >this post<. Never again

HDMI 2.0 4K modes | Dolby & DTS core+outer audio tracks on (UHD) Blu-Rays | Hello to Jason Isaacs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply AVS Forum® Podcasts

Tags
Home Theater Geeks

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page