HCFR - Open source projector and display calibration software - Page 404 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1461Likes

post #12091 of 12149 Old 11-24-2019, 07:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 142 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5181 Post(s)
Liked: 2038
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj-34 View Post
Out of curiosity, has Zoyd abandoned the maintenance of HCFR ?
Not sure if anyone here knows the answer to that question. zoyd hasn’t shown up on the forum since November 2018.

Another developer updated HCFR recently to add support for SpyderX, but he doesn’t seem to plan to maintain it on an ongoing basis.
bmcn likes this.

Last edited by Dominic Chan; 11-27-2019 at 08:28 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12092 of 12149 Old 11-25-2019, 01:49 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 452 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Zoyd should continue to develop HCFR so that it is easy to use, powerful and functional. Support for HDR colour spaces should be incorporated.

I'm sure colour and calibration enthusiasts would not mind sending donations to cover the time that Zoyd puts in into development and design.

I also wish someone would make higher-end probes that are affordable. Aesthetics does not matter as long as it can be mounted on a tripod and pointed in any direction for direct, reflected and ambient measurements.

Zoyd, it will be nice to have your input and views.

Last edited by Sam Ash; 11-25-2019 at 01:53 AM.
post #12093 of 12149 Old 11-25-2019, 02:25 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 452 Post(s)
Liked: 57
I used the Mac version several years ago, it was quite good and did the job well. I managed to remove the colour-cast in my greyscale effectively and got colour accuracy to a fairly good level within the limitations of my projector. In other words, my projector did not have a CMS.

HCFR has come a long way and could become a very nice product with a little effort and passion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12094 of 12149 Old 11-25-2019, 03:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 218 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3467 Post(s)
Liked: 4293
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronitis View Post
Is it possible to calibrate Dolby vision in hcfr? There are test patterns available here. I'm also not sure if these will work with my c8. Any advice is appreciated.

https://www.diversifiedvideosolution...by_vision.html
Hi, the HDR10/HDR10+/Dolby Vision, are all based to REC.2020 and ST.2048 as calibration targets, so you can display DV patterns for example and take measurements but patterns have to be created based to HCFR's triplets it will ask from you to display.

The problem with LG when you performing manual cal in HDR10/DoVi modes is that the RGB-Balance calibration controls are adjusting values in gamma (SDR) space and then its added PQ (ST.2048) math, so the 20-Point controls in HDR manual cal, are dynamically adjusted based to the user adjustments, for that reason its impossible to create a specific patch set for that display which will work for all users while its so easy banding to introduced when you will try large adjustments or weird compo of adjustments.

Ryan's HDR patterns has been using specific code values for LG's but these values in real world are dynamically un-aligned when you will start adjusting them.

If you want to find out if it work or not, ask Ryan directly to see if its possible to use these patterns for actual calibration or are only useful for only verification.

I have seen users complain that when the patterns are changing TV switch from SDR to DoVi/HDR10 mode so you loose some time between measurements.

OLED's natively have linear 0-1 response, but the TCON module is programmed to make them 2.2 gamma based....If LGP will change that and provide additional data for the panel to have a PQ response also, and then LGE design completely from the start bypassing some 'old standards' processing method its currently used then where will be no problem with alignment of the HDR patterns. (as the controls will be based to PQ values)

As this will require a lot of changes completely to the panel calibration and factory manufacturing process changes, it will need changes of the whole engine/video processing of main board etc... its not so easy for this to happen, as only OLED are linear, the LCD's are not.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS / CalMAN ColorChecker / HCFR
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, ControlCAL
V/P: eeColor 3D LUT Box - P/G: DVDO AVLab TPG
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
post #12095 of 12149 Old 11-25-2019, 03:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Ash View Post
Zoyd should continue to develop HCFR so that it is easy to use, powerful and functional. Support for HDR colour spaces should be incorporated.
Hi,

HCFR is including everything to let you perform any kind of HDR calibration, what colorspace you need which is not currently available?

Quote:
I also wish someone would make higher-end probes that are affordable. Aesthetics does not matter as long as it can be mounted on a tripod and pointed in any direction for direct, reflected and ambient measurements.
If you talking about high-res spectro with lower price, it's difficult, for that reason there so large price difference and not available any middle model between 10nm spectro (1K$) to 4.5nm (7K$).

About colorimeters, i1Display PRO is fine for its money.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS / CalMAN ColorChecker / HCFR
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, ControlCAL
post #12096 of 12149 Old 11-25-2019, 04:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Is there any other innovative open source calibration utility out there that is easy to use, powerful and compatible with the good entry level meters such as the i1Display Pro/Plus ?
The i1Display PRO Plus is not supported currently from any calibration software (except the X-Rite's i1Profiler): https://www.avsforum.com/forum/139-d...l#post58832868

When and if it will be supported, then it will be the 2000 nits capability the only difference compared to the the normal Retail i1Display PRO.

2000 nits rated is also the i1Display PRO OEM from January 2017, just the retail market didn't had 2000 nits version as the high-brightness PC monitors options were limited at past and X-Rite was not seeing such interest to released it sooner.

So the summary is that i1Display PRO Retail is rated for 1000 nits while i1Display PRO Plus Retail or i1Display PRO OEM are rated for 2000 nits.

You can check the free license version of LightSpace, called as LightSpace ZRO, where i1Display PRO's (not Plus) are supported. That license level support all high-end instruments for measurements also.

Quote:
My interest is projector calibration pertaining to Rec709, HDR10 and DCI-P3. The i1Display pro plus is able to handle 2,000 nits but that is the least of my worries because projectors sit well under that. What is more important is colour accuracy and how the meter performs when it comes to low light. Colour accuracy can be dealt with by building offsets using a reference meter. However low light performance is a in-built hardware ability. I'm not sure how the i1Display Pro Plus performs when it comes to low light sensitivity.

Any views from other colour calibration enthusiasts and experts will be appreciated.
i1Display PRO can read down to 0.0025 - 0.003 nits, it will not properly read the black level of some JVC projectors for example (or others), but it will not have a problem to calibrate 11/21-Point Grayscale or CMS.

There a lot of consumers where using i1Display PRO for large volumetric 3D LUT profilings with projectors using LightSpace and they have very good results, where it will be measured a lot of lower luminance patches (~5000 in total or more) compared with the ones you measure with a simple manual cal.

Discus colorimeter has better low light capability but its 3x times more expensive and its not supported from HCFR. It can read JVC's black level for example.

post #12097 of 12149 Old 11-25-2019, 01:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 951 Post(s)
Liked: 1014
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnecTEDDD View Post
i1Display PRO can read down to 0.0025 - 0.003 nits, it will not properly read the black level of some JVC projectors for example (or others), but it will not have a problem to calibrate 11/21-Point Grayscale or CMS.

Is there a difference between retail and oem i1Display PRO regarding low light readings?
My retail Rev B-02 (2018) can only read as low as 0.01 nits in HCFR and for Oled calibration it would be really useful to get readings down to like 0.003...
post #12098 of 12149 Old 11-25-2019, 01:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk82 View Post
Is there a difference between retail and oem i1Display PRO regarding low light readings?
My retail Rev B-02 (2018) can only read as low as 0.01 nits in HCFR and for Oled calibration it would be really useful to get readings down to like 0.003...
You can ask that user which has both OEM and Retail to perform that test: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/139-d...l#post58871204

post #12099 of 12149 Old 11-25-2019, 02:04 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 838 Post(s)
Liked: 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnecTEDDD View Post
i1Display PRO can read down to 0.0025 - 0.003 nits

Is this supposed to mean it wont output measurements below this number? Or that it will, but they can't be trusted?

When I measured my JVC in HCFR with my i1D3 Rev A02 with high bulb I got 106.68 nit on white and 0.0024 nit on black.

Then when I switched to low bulb I got 81.38 nit on white and for black got 0.0017 nit.

These are almost the same contrast ratio so it seemed like things were working right, but is the 0.0017 nit reading really not good for some reason? It's the number that HCFR gave me. Also the x and y were seemingly correct too, at least they were not .3333 or whatever happens when the meter returns an error.

Maybe in HCFR it can go lower because of the dynamic integration time with ArgyIICMS? I know it takes what feels like forever between readings when using my i1D3 in HCFR.
Dominic Chan likes this.

Last edited by SirMaster; 11-25-2019 at 02:29 PM.
post #12100 of 12149 Old 11-25-2019, 02:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 1537 Post(s)
Liked: 957
Quick Question for those who know ...

Would the Chromecast as a TPG work with HCFR to calibrate HDR?..

I have no problems using HCFR to calibrate SDR on my Projector. (The default settings of my projector all are under 5 Delta E from the start also) but I haven't really done anything about HDR. I know my projector only does HDR10 and most likely at a low NIT level. Reading some of Zoyd's posts suggests that I can at least adjust the gamut of HDR using HCFR but I don't know if the Chromecast can be used for this ? ... My laptop has a second HDMI output and I suppose I could figure out it's levels and save a little money I would spend on a TPG
post #12101 of 12149 Old 11-25-2019, 02:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Hampton View Post
Quick Question for those who know ...

I have no problems using HCFR to calibrate SDR on my Projector. (The default settings of my projector all are under 5 Delta E from the start also) but I haven't really done anything about HDR. I know my projector only does HDR10 and most likely at a low NIT level. Reading some of Zoyd's posts suggests that I can at least adjust the gamut of HDR using HCFR but I don't know if the Chromecast can be used for this ? ... My laptop has a second HDMI output and I suppose I could figure out it's levels and save a little money I would spend on a TPG
If you can manually place your projector in HDR mode then you can either use HCFR’s internal pattern generator or Chromecast to do calibration.

EDIT: correction: Chromcast cannot be used for HDR. See Ted’s post following.
Brian Hampton likes this.

Last edited by Dominic Chan; 11-28-2019 at 07:45 AM.
post #12102 of 12149 Old 11-25-2019, 02:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 1537 Post(s)
Liked: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic Chan View Post
If you can manually place your projector in HDR mode then you can either use HCFR’s internal pattern generator or Chromecast to do calibration.
Thanks... I can manually set my PJ into HDR10 mode.

Edit - Actually I am incorrect. I don't think I can engage HDR in 1080p modes.

Last edited by Brian Hampton; 11-25-2019 at 03:54 PM.
post #12103 of 12149 Old 11-26-2019, 02:05 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Hi to all!

I orderded a used Spyder 4.
I installed the HCFR in the latest version 3.5.xxx on my Win10 system. After research I installed the argyll driver successfully from this HCFR version, but I can't found the Spyder 4 in the HCFR.
So, I tried out the Version 3.0.xxx and I found the Spyder after the first start of HCFR. Allright, I calibrated the projector and everthing is fine. I want to calibrate DCI-P3 either but this version didn't have this possiblity. Which of the HCFR versions are working with the Spyder 4 and the DCI-P3 / BT.2020 extension? THX in advance!
post #12104 of 12149 Old 11-27-2019, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothR View Post
Hi to all!

I orderded a used Spyder 4.
I installed the HCFR in the latest version 3.5.xxx on my Win10 system. After research I installed the argyll driver successfully from this HCFR version, but I can't found the Spyder 4 in the HCFR.
So, I tried out the Version 3.0.xxx and I found the Spyder after the first start of HCFR. Allright, I calibrated the projector and everthing is fine. I want to calibrate DCI-P3 either but this version didn't have this possiblity. Which of the HCFR versions are working with the Spyder 4 and the DCI-P3 / BT.2020 extension? THX in advance!

Nobody with a solution / recommendation for me?
post #12105 of 12149 Old 11-27-2019, 04:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 369 Post(s)
Liked: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothR View Post
If it's an up to date version of HCFR and you can't find it, then the driver hasn't been installed properly.
When the instrument is plugged in, you should be able to locate it and verify that it's using the Argyll driver in Device Manager.

Author of ArgyllCMS and ArgyllPRO ColorMeter
post #12106 of 12149 Old 11-27-2019, 05:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwgill View Post
If it's an up to date version of HCFR and you can't find it, then the driver hasn't been installed properly.
When the instrument is plugged in, you should be able to locate it and verify that it's using the Argyll driver in Device Manager.
I've confirmed that Spyder4 Argyll driver works with the latest HCFR v3.5.1.4:

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sensor Selection (2).png
Views:	71
Size:	249.8 KB
ID:	2646496  
SirMaster likes this.
post #12107 of 12149 Old 11-27-2019, 07:15 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 58
I have been trying to calibrate my projector for HDR (using tone mapping) and I keep running into the same problem: when I get to CMS large corrections are required. After minimizing dE and Yerror my CIE diagram looks good (hits P3 nicely, except for 100%). But then, when watching actual content, the colors are grossly oversaturated.

It appears that at some point there was a known issue with color targets and BT2390 but I thought that had been resolved. Does anyone know why this might be happening?

It seems that color saturation is much much better if I don't touch the CMS so something is clearly off with what I'm doing.

BTW, I am using the latest version of Hcfr (3.5.1.4). Generator is Nvidia Shield. Epson 6040 is set to BT2020. I have a diffuse white of 36 and a max of 100 nits. I am able to get the EOTF to fit great with dE's w/gamma all under 2.

Everything works and looks great until I work on the CMS.

Epson 6040ub
Denon AVR-X3400H + Mirage OMD-5 surrounds
Home-made Hybrid PCB Electrostatic Floorstanding L+R Speakers (with built-in DSP + amps)
Home-made sub with 15" Ultimax woofer, Dayton SA1000 Amp
Sony PS4, Sony UBP-X800, Panasonic DP-UB820

Last edited by jt7272; 11-27-2019 at 07:19 PM.
post #12108 of 12149 Old 11-27-2019, 07:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt7272 View Post
I have been trying to calibrate my projector for HDR (using tone mapping) and I keep running into the same problem: when I get to CMS large corrections are required. After minimizing dE and Yerror my CIE diagram looks good (hits P3 nicely, except for 100%). But then, when watching actual content, the colors are grossly oversaturated.

It appears that at some point there was a known issue with color targets and BT2390 but I thought that had been resolved. Does anyone know why this might be happening?

It seems that color saturation is much much better if I don't touch the CMS so something is clearly off with what I'm doing.

BTW, I am using the latest version of Hcfr (3.5.1.4). Generator is Nvidia Shield. Epson 6040 is set to BT2020. I have a diffuse white of 36 and a max of 100 nits. I am able to get the EOTF to fit great with dE's w/gamma all under 2.

Did you uses 50% BT2020, or BT2020/P3 as the workspace for CMS calibration? You cannot use P3.
post #12109 of 12149 Old 11-27-2019, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Did you uses 50% BT2020, or BT2020/P3 as the workspace for CMS calibration? You cannot use P3.
I used BT2020/P3

Epson 6040ub
Home-made Hybrid PCB Electrostatic Floorstanding L+R Speakers (with built-in DSP + amps)
post #12110 of 12149 Old 11-27-2019, 07:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I used BT2020/P3
Did you check the saturation sweeps to make sure you did not over-push the adjustment trying to achieve 100% P3?
post #12111 of 12149 Old 11-27-2019, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Did you check the saturation sweeps to make sure you did not over-push the adjustment trying to achieve 100% P3?
Yeah, I used the 50% values to calibrate.

I discovered that the issue was with the ShieldTV. It was sending SDR2020 somehow (the output was set to 4k24 HDR Ready). I manually set the shield to SDR709, then performed the normal workflow. After finishing the calibration, saving, enabling "auto" for color space and "auto bright" for HDR on the projector, and setting the ShieldTV back to 4k24HDR, it looks great.

So it seems that I would not have had this issue if I was using a regular CCast, like I have done in the past.

Epson 6040ub
post #12112 of 12149 Old 11-28-2019, 02:14 AM

Quote:
I've confirmed that Spyder4 Argyll driver works with the latest HCFR v3.5.1.4:

THX for your answer. I tried it out yesterday in the evening, agian. It did not work with the latest HCFR. So I deinstalled everything and installed the 3.4.2. Version. After that, I installed the argyll driver again, with a deactivated digital driver verification. So everything was properly installed. And there it is. I found the Spyder in the HCFR.
post #12113 of 12149 Old 11-28-2019, 03:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk82 View Post
Someone with both a Klein K-10A and i1Display OEM and Retail has to check to see if there any difference at low end between OEM-Retail. I don't have any data to provide about as I don't have these 3 meters to test.

But there is a user which has both OEM and Retail here: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/139-d...l#post58871204

If you can ask him to display black to his OLED with Brightness @ 50, then to 51 and then to 52, to see what readings he will get to each setting, or measure 0.5% Gray (17) or 1% Gray (18) using the same method.

OLED's have 0 nits native black, with i1Display PRO and an OLED display with 100 nits peak output (2.4 gamma target) the 1% gray Y target has 0.0013 nits, from 2% Gray and above you will be able to get a valid measurement.

post #12114 of 12149 Old 11-28-2019, 03:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMaster View Post
Is this supposed to mean it wont output measurements below this number? Or that it will, but they can't be trusted?

When I measured my JVC in HCFR with my i1D3 Rev A02 with high bulb I got 106.68 nit on white and 0.0024 nit on black.

Then when I switched to low bulb I got 81.38 nit on white and for black got 0.0017 nit.

These are almost the same contrast ratio so it seemed like things were working right, but is the 0.0017 nit reading really not good for some reason? It's the number that HCFR gave me. Also the x and y were seemingly correct too, at least they were not .3333 or whatever happens when the meter returns an error.

Maybe in HCFR it can go lower because of the dynamic integration time with ArgyIICMS? I know it takes what feels like forever between readings when using my i1D3 in HCFR.
You can see numbers below 0.0025, but its not sure if they can be trusted.

I asked from a friend to confirm as he has both OEM i1Display PRO and Discus colorimeters, with JVC projector he saw 0.001 nit from his i1Display PRO but the chromaticity was not changing, so it was a 'fake' reading, while the same time his Discus were providing even lower readings like 0.0006 nits.

post #12115 of 12149 Old 11-28-2019, 04:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Hampton View Post

Hi Brian,

Chromecast is generally not recommended for any patch generation, especially for HDR10 where a small error like 1-2 digital codes can provide 35-70 nits difference between the reading the software expect from your to display from the one the inaccurate generator has display.

You need a bit-perfect RGB output to perform HDR10 patch generation.

About SDR patch generation, Dominic Chan has posted comparison between Ted's disc (Samsung M8500), GDI (Internal), and Chromecast from HCFR here: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/139-d...l#post57249506

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/139-d...l#post57561190

Based to Dominic's data, I have created these 3 animated PNG files, which will change per 1 sec. between Ted's Disk - ChromeCast as generator results:

RGB Balance:

Primary/Secondary Colors:

Grayscale:

But you can test your Video Card to see if it can be used for patch generation, if you configure the VideoCard it to output Full range (and disable any enhancement, VCGT, ICC), set HCFR to 16-235 and the display to expect to receive video levels.

Doing that you will be able to output 16-255 patterns from your PC/Notebook.

The next test is to test who is that output has agreement with some patterns which are accurate for HCFR (as my calibration disk for example), to compare for example Grayscale and ColorChecker/Saturation Sweep generated from a standalone player, the player you watch your movies (with YCbCr output), and then take the same measurements with your video card (as Dominic did basically but you need more colors to measure to be sure), compare also what black/white levels you have.

If your VideoCard can match closely the results from your player, this can confirm that you can use it for patch generation.

For HDR you can't use ChromaCast is it can output REC709 YCbCr and REC.2020 YCbCr has differenent code values after conversion from RGB.

Google devices take 0-255 digital codes at input and then compress to Video Levels, then they perform a colorspace conversion from RGB to REC.709 YCbCr; to provide REC.709 YCbCr 4:4:4 colorspace video output.
Brian Hampton likes this.

post #12116 of 12149 Old 11-28-2019, 04:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Hi, your main problem is coming from the fact the Nvidia Shield is not a valuable solution for patch generation. The color errors you see are coming from that fact.

last time someone checked, it was outputting wrong matrix, see there: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/139-d...l#post57296356

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/139-display-calibration/2853954-lg-2017-oled-calibration-thread-settings-94.html#post5644047

The Shield has some wrong processing, so its not recommend for patch generation as the users have find out, but you can perform your own tests to find out.

Playback the same patterns (media files) from your TV USB Input, grayscale/colorchecker/saturations for example, take the measurements and then generate the same patches from Shield as generator.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/139-d...l#post57364806

post #12117 of 12149 Old 11-29-2019, 10:19 AM

After checking with manual patterns (via USB on by DP-UB820) the results are slightly different though all still under dE of 2 after calibrating via ShieldTV with it forced for SDR709. This includes the Hdr patterns by Masciola.

So yes, the Shield will give you completely wrong results by default. It places Rec709 into a Rec2020 container and displays like the 6040 read it differently than normal Rec709. You have to force the Shield into a Rec709 mode for it to work. After that it seems to be no different than a CCast. It is not perfect (RGB<->YCbCr conversion) but it doesn't blow out the dE's. I find that it's a small price to pay for the convenience of calibrating with a CCast.

Epson 6040ub
post #12118 of 12149 Old 11-29-2019, 01:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
After checking with manual patterns (via USB on by DP-UB820) the results are slightly different though all still under dE of 2 after calibrating via ShieldTV with it forced for SDR709. This includes the Hdr patterns by Masciola.

So yes, the Shield will give you completely wrong results by default. It places Rec709 into a Rec2020 container and displays like the 6040 read it differently than normal Rec709. You have to force the Shield into a Rec709 mode for it to work. After that it seems to be no different than a CCast. It is not perfect (RGB<->YCbCr conversion) but it doesn't blow out the dE's. I find that it's a small price to pay for the convenience of calibrating with a CCast.
It will be a better solution, if you need automated patterns to use PGenerator which has been measured and has no digital errors for RGB-Video patch generator, then from using CC or Shield: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/139-d...cy-thread.html

post #12119 of 12149 Old Yesterday, 04:39 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
It’s right there, the last item under Useful Links.
Thank you for the hint, where is the understandable and simple instruction for creating a correction matrix based on a more accurate probe. But it didn’t help me. i1 pro2, like D3, do not correctly see the colors of RGB diode projectors and LED TVs. I have H2 Aurora and 4K PS Pro, the gray scale with my eye correction is close to the regular black / white, but HCFR with i1 pro2 red sees only about 75%, and blue color about 120%, D3 red color sees even less. I planned to at least somehow bring the colors red and blue to 100%, for i1 pro2 in the HCFR program I used HCFR correction No. 3. For D3, he also mined the HCFR corrections and created a correction matrix for D3 based on i1 pro2. All that I could improve in color on D3 is to achieve a red color around R -90% and blue B -117%. But these values ​​are still far from 100%.
It is clear that H2 Aurora and 4K PS Pro do not have exact RGB color settings, there is only a general RGB setting and 2 points in the service (engineering) menu. But the other day I will receive OPTOMA I5 +, it has RGB and color space settings, but there are no exact 10/20. I also plan to buy a 4K LG HU70L projector, it has the best firmware for today and its settings for color calibration. And I can’t imagine how to calibrate them when the devices do not see RGB correctly, at least approximately.
The question is, can I somehow manually adjust xyz HCFR so that i1 pro2 sees RGB colors close to 100% on a 4K PS Pro projector that has a decent gray scale? Sorry for my English, or rather Google translator
post #12120 of 12149 Old Yesterday, 08:15 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 838 Post(s)
Liked: 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by esegan View Post
Thank you for the hint, where is the understandable and simple instruction for creating a correction matrix based on a more accurate probe. But it didn’t help me. i1 pro2, like D3, do not correctly see the colors of RGB diode projectors and LED TVs. I have H2 Aurora and 4K PS Pro, the gray scale with my eye correction is close to the regular black / white, but HCFR with i1 pro2 red sees only about 75%, and blue color about 120%, D3 red color sees even less. I planned to at least somehow bring the colors red and blue to 100%, for i1 pro2 in the HCFR program I used HCFR correction No. 3. For D3, he also mined the HCFR corrections and created a correction matrix for D3 based on i1 pro2. All that I could improve in color on D3 is to achieve a red color around R -90% and blue B -117%. But these values ​​are still far from 100%.
It is clear that H2 Aurora and 4K PS Pro do not have exact RGB color settings, there is only a general RGB setting and 2 points in the service (engineering) menu. But the other day I will receive OPTOMA I5 +, it has RGB and color space settings, but there are no exact 10/20. I also plan to buy a 4K LG HU70L projector, it has the best firmware for today and its settings for color calibration. And I can’t imagine how to calibrate them when the devices do not see RGB correctly, at least approximately.
The question is, can I somehow manually adjust xyz HCFR so that i1 pro2 sees RGB colors close to 100% on a 4K PS Pro projector that has a decent gray scale? Sorry for my English, or rather Google translator
i1 Pro 2 should not have problems with an LED TV color. RGB diode sure it might, but are you talking about the BluCore lasers? As far as I have seen its's just the blue spectral that would be hard for an i1 Pro to read really accurately.

However I have calibrated a laser Epson LS10500 and 2 laser BenQ LK970 with my i1 Pro 2 trained into an i1D3 and after seeing how they look in the end compared to the Sony and JVC lamp projectors I
have also calibrated, at least to my somewhat experienced eye, they both look like they came out great to me. Certainly significantly better than they were stock.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Display Calibration

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page