CalMan 5 Release Notes and Discussion - Page 132 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1872Likes

post #3931 of 6789 Old 08-04-2017, 05:04 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 230 Post(s)
Liked: 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoman94 View Post
It was only for the one update that required you to deactivate it before upgrading I thought. I've updated 3 times since the major version without deactivating and all I needed to do was activate it again.
My understanding is this fall the license would stay intact when upgrading without the need to reactivate after updating.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk
Yes, me too. No issues through multiple betas and now formal releases. What is happening though is the current implementation does keep track of both activations AND deactivations, so in my case I have 6 deactivations left until I'll have to contact tech support to have that reset. Hopefully the redesign in the fall release will make things even smoother.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3932 of 6789 Old 08-07-2017, 05:24 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1708 Post(s)
Liked: 738
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiFi-Spy View Post
Here is a video showing how to create a custom white point in CalMAN:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By_...ew?usp=sharing

the video shows some other things but it should be straight forward once you are in the custom color space editor.
I'm a little confused as to the logic if what someone is trying to do is create a custom white point using your's or Dwayne's alternate white points. The video seems to be aimed at trying to match multiple displays/projectors by reading and recording the behavior of one so that you can match the others to it.

I wrote the following procedure to explain how I'm setting up alternate white points within Calman and would like to know if it should work using this procedure. It seems to work but that's not to say that out of some dumb luck it does but can't be counted on working every time.

1) Select gear icon in upper right.
2) From the dropdown menu, select which color space you wish to copy and then select "New/Edit"
3) Next window, select "Advanced"
4) Select "Copy Colorspace". in this example, I copied D65, HD BT.709.
5) In "colorspace name" enter your description. In this example, I entered Tyler's 2017 LG OLED white point.
6) Leave "reference white to "Custom"
7) On the line that starts with "white" enter the "x" and "y" values that you wish to use for the new white point.
8) Exit this window by selecting "close"

1) to use this white point, under "gear" icon, "workflow basic options", "target Options, "colorspace target", select the new white point from the drop down menu.

My second question is what do we do about metameric failure when it comes to color coordinates? Do we have to have a perceptual match similar to what was done with white or is there a way to do it mathematically? Seems that the major part of the shift in LG OLEDs white point is we perceive it as having less blue. Shouldn't at the least Blue and colors affected by blue (magenta, cyan, yellow) also have alternate targets?

Last edited by JimP; 08-07-2017 at 11:35 PM.
post #3933 of 6789 Old 08-21-2017, 06:06 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked: 5931
Is it known yet whether the 2017 Sony's get the DV update will be able to have the config file loaded with Calman like the 2017 OLEDs?

XBR65A9G / XBR65A8F
Oppo UDP-203 / Sony X800M2
AVRX6500H / RP-8000F / RP-504C / RP-502S / FV15HP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3934 of 6789 Old 08-21-2017, 09:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 179 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2921 Post(s)
Liked: 3569
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post
I'm a little confused as to the logic if what someone is trying to do is create a custom white point using your's or Dwayne's alternate white points. The video seems to be aimed at trying to match multiple displays/projectors by reading and recording the behavior of one so that you can match the others to it.

I wrote the following procedure to explain how I'm setting up alternate white points within Calman and would like to know if it should work using this procedure. It seems to work but that's not to say that out of some dumb luck it does but can't be counted on working every time.

1) Select gear icon in upper right.
2) From the dropdown menu, select which color space you wish to copy and then select "New/Edit"
3) Next window, select "Advanced"
4) Select "Copy Colorspace". in this example, I copied D65, HD BT.709.
5) In "colorspace name" enter your description. In this example, I entered Tyler's 2017 LG OLED white point.
6) Leave "reference white to "Custom"
7) On the line that starts with "white" enter the "x" and "y" values that you wish to use for the new white point.
8) Exit this window by selecting "close"

1) to use this white point, under "gear" icon, "workflow basic options", "target Options, "colorspace target", select the new white point from the drop down menu.

My second question is what do we do about metameric failure when it comes to color coordinates? Do we have to have a perceptual match similar to what was done with white or is there a way to do it mathematically? Seems that the major part of the shift in LG OLEDs white point is we perceive it as having less blue. Shouldn't at the least Blue and colors affected by blue (magenta, cyan, yellow) also have alternate targets?
Hey Jim,

In post-production studios where they need to have the same colors between 3-4 monitors (and projector some times) the same time (obviously they use 3D LUT everywhere); for the colorist / director of photography etc. to color-grading/evaluate, they do white only perceptual matching there, its not possible to do primary color perceptual matching because once you will change something to one primary, this will move the already done perceptual marched white point, it's not so easy for our eyes to do such primary color matching.

With white perceptual matching you are changing the luminance ratio of primaries (RGB) which when combined will display the White....the normal ratio for REC.709 D65 White Point is: Red: 21.27%, Green: 71.52%, Blue: 7.22%.
Tyler's REC. 709 White Point for perceptual match of LG OLED 2017 using a CRT as reference have: Red: 20.95%, Green: 71.32%, Blue: 7.73%.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS / CalMAN ColorChecker / HCFR
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, ControlCAL
V/P: eeColor 3D LUT Box - P/G: DVDO AVLab TPG
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
post #3935 of 6789 Old 08-23-2017, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnecTEDDD View Post
Hey Jim,

In post-production studios where they need to have the same colors between 3-4 monitors (and projector some times) the same time (obviously they use 3D LUT everywhere); for the colorist / director of photography etc. to color-grading/evaluate, they do white only perceptual matching there, its not possible to do primary color perceptual matching because once you will change something to one primary, this will move the already done perceptual marched white point, it's not so easy for our eyes to do such primary color matching.

With white perceptual matching you are changing the luminance ratio of primaries (RGB) which when combined will display the White....the normal ratio for REC.709 D65 White Point is: Red: 21.27%, Green: 71.52%, Blue: 7.22%.
Tyler's REC. 709 White Point for perceptual match of LG OLED 2017 using a CRT as reference have: Red: 20.95%, Green: 71.32%, Blue: 7.73%.
Hi Ted
What I was trying to say is that Tyler's video would be useful if you're trying to match multiple monitor/displays but I didn't see it really saying how to enter an alternate white someone might want to try out from an external source...not something where you're taking readings off of the screen you're working on. Although its fairly intuitive, I wanted to be sure that I got it right and my intuitive was the same as Calman's intuitive. I'd hate to be doing this for a year and find out that I got it wrong.
post #3936 of 6789 Old 08-23-2017, 06:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Hi Ted
What I was trying to say is that Tyler's video would be useful if you're trying to match multiple monitor/displays but I didn't see it really saying how to enter an alternate white someone might want to try out from an external source...not something where you're taking readings off of the screen you're working on. Although its fairly intuitive, I wanted to be sure that I got it right and my intuitive was the same as Calman's intuitive. I'd hate to be doing this for a year and find out that I got it wrong.
Hi Jim, move your Plasma to the same room with your LG OLED and compare the calibrated white of 2 panels using your reference spectro CR-250, first by calibrating both to D65 at same nits and then try to find doing a perceptual match a new white point for the OLED. Since you will have the same panels to same place test the the white point Tyler/D-Nice has posted to see which looks to have better visual match.

At the end you will have a perceptual match for your setup, no need to be based for other people's data since It's something you do with your tools/devices you have already.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS / CalMAN ColorChecker / HCFR
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, ControlCAL
post #3937 of 6789 Old 08-23-2017, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Hi Jim, move your Plasma to the same room with your LG OLED and compare the calibrated white of 2 panels using your reference spectro CR-250, first by calibrating both to D65 at same nits and then try to find doing a perceptual match a new white point for the OLED. Since you will have the same panels to same place test the the white point Tyler/D-Nice has posted to see which looks to have better visual match.

At the end you will have a perceptual match for your setup, no need to be based for other people's data since It's something you do with your tools/devices you have already.
I can already tell you that D65 on the B6 is a fair amount off. D-Nice's alternate white point is a lot closer. I did have to tweak my grayscale a very small amount essentially using a split grayscale pattern and making grayscale adjustments until it was as neutral as I could get it. Is that metamerism, equipment variance or elements of both, I don't know.
post #3938 of 6789 Old 08-23-2017, 02:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 1173 Post(s)
Liked: 1050
Has anybody noticed that when you use Levels Editor to create a new set of levels using the percentages (per LG's calibration notes), they are off slightly in some of the levels.?
Some are exact and a few are off, when compared to LG's notes for video level.

ss

"Don't worry be happy"
LG77C8, Klein K10-A, Jeti 1211, CMS Lightspace, Calman home plus licence for K10-A, Murideo 6G.
post #3939 of 6789 Old 08-23-2017, 02:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post
Has anybody noticed that when you use Levels Editor to create a new set of levels using the percentages (per LG's calibration notes), they are off slightly in some of the levels.?
Some are exact and a few are off, when compared to LG's notes for video level.

ss
Hi SS,

LG Notes have incorrect percentages, do 10-bit to 8 bit values conversion and use these values. Don't use percentages the LG is saying.

I have checked all digital levels compared to Dolby's Golden Reference values and the percentages don't match the digital values (some are correct, only a few). LG's are 0.1% off.

post #3940 of 6789 Old 08-23-2017, 03:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Hi SS,

LG Notes have incorrect percentages, do 10-bit to 8 bit values conversion and use these values. Don't use percentages the LG is saying.

I have checked all digital levels compared to Dolby's Golden Reference values and the percentages don't match the digital values (some are correct, only a few). LG's are 0.1% off.
Hello Ted.

These LG notes are for a 2017 LG OLED, not the 2016 LG notes.

Did you check the 2017 LG percentages.

On Calman's board there seemed to be a issue with Level Editor. Don't know if that issue was fixed.

ss

"Don't worry be happy"
LG77C8, Klein K10-A, Jeti 1211, CMS Lightspace, Calman home plus licence for K10-A, Murideo 6G.
post #3941 of 6789 Old 08-23-2017, 03:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post
Hello Ted.

These LG notes are for a 2017 LG OLED, not the 2016 LG notes.

Did you check the 2017 LG percentages.

On Calman's board there seemed to be a issue with Level Editor. Don't know if that issue was fixed.

ss
I'm talking about 2017 percentages, 2016 PDF don't have percentages inside to check, it has only digital values.
sillysally likes this.

post #3942 of 6789 Old 08-23-2017, 11:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I'm talking about 2017 percentages, 2016 PDF don't have percentages inside to check, it has only digital values.
Thanks Ted.

ss

"Don't worry be happy"
post #3943 of 6789 Old 08-24-2017, 08:50 AM

Mentioned: 238 Post(s)
Quoted: 3991 Post(s)
Liked: 3166
My thanks to connecTEDDD - purchased the new 2017 i1Display Pro today from amazon.ca at $239 CA. Will retire the corrupted C6 (been dropped too many times), and compare the older i1Display Pro to the newbie.

Edit: just in time - new price $285! Then back to $239.99 - need an Excel spreadsheet to keep track of the prices!

Addendum: The Retail 2017 i1Display Pro DOES NOT guarantee 2000 Nits, only 1000. Since my set only does 390 nits, no issue. No new set in my future, and for the price, the Meter is throw away. (Note price the same in Canada as the US, but in CA $s!) 2017 meter is faster reading low end IREs and Zero Black.

UN65KS9800 - Mine
UN65HU9000 + SEK-3500U / UN75JU7100 / UN55HU7250 with SEK-3500U in UJS9000 Mod Mode / UN40J5200AF / HiSense 40H5507 - Wife's
UN55NU8000 X 2 - my 2 kids families (or should I say adults?)

Last edited by p5browne; 08-29-2017 at 07:45 AM.
post #3944 of 6789 Old 08-29-2017, 09:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Calman Profiling Help

I need help with profiling. I am using 2017 Calman Home Enthusiast with an i1 PRO REV. D Spectro and a 2017 i1 Display Retail REV. B to re-calibrate a 2013 Samsung PNF4500 plasma display. I used the single-pass profile method with the meters directly side by side, which I figured would be fine due to the lack of uniformity issues on plasma. I'm using MadTPG as my generator and my laptop's video card has been properly configured. Display was warmed up for two hours prior to calibration and meters were warmed up via USB for 45 minutes prior to starting. Chose Quick Analysis workflow.

With the profiled i1 Display and 10pt. GS, all my dE2000's were under 0.4, except for 100%, which I had to let sit at 0.9 due to shifting levels with each run. Avg was 0.3. Using dE u'v, all errors were under 1, once again except for 100% which hit about 1.6 dE u'v. Peak White 125 nits. BT. 1886 curve. Avg. CCT 6524.

When I went back to run the GS again just with the i1 PRO Spectro, everything was way off. My avg. dE2000 was 1.9, avg. CCT was 6680, 100% dE2000 was now 3.2. Way too much blue across every IRE. Luminance-wise, the EOTF curve was almost the same. Peak white measured 126 nits.

Here's the kicker, started over and made a new profile for the i1 Display and re-ran the calibration. Got almost the exact same result when comparing the profiled colorimeter with direct Spectro readings. I know the i1 PRO REV D. cannot be trusted below 30% stimulus, but there should not be that much of a difference between the profile and the direct spectro readings afterwards. What am I doing wrong? Has Calman fixed the meter profiling issues that have been widely discussed on this forum?

Last edited by DarkHorse88; 08-29-2017 at 09:47 PM.
post #3945 of 6789 Old 08-30-2017, 12:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHorse88 View Post
I need help with profiling. I am using 2017 Calman Home Enthusiast with an i1 PRO REV. D Spectro and a 2017 i1 Display Retail REV. B to re-calibrate a 2013 Samsung PNF4500 plasma display. I used the single-pass profile method with the meters directly side by side, which I figured would be fine due to the lack of uniformity issues on plasma. I'm using MadTPG as my generator and my laptop's video card has been properly configured. Display was warmed up for two hours prior to calibration and meters were warmed up via USB for 45 minutes prior to starting. Chose Quick Analysis workflow.

With the profiled i1 Display and 10pt. GS, all my dE2000's were under 0.4, except for 100%, which I had to let sit at 0.9 due to shifting levels with each run. Avg was 0.3. Using dE u'v, all errors were under 1, once again except for 100% which hit about 1.6 dE u'v. Peak White 125 nits. BT. 1886 curve. Avg. CCT 6524.

When I went back to run the GS again just with the i1 PRO Spectro, everything was way off. My avg. dE2000 was 1.9, avg. CCT was 6680, 100% dE2000 was now 3.2. Way too much blue across every IRE. Luminance-wise, the EOTF curve was almost the same. Peak white measured 126 nits.

Here's the kicker, started over and made a new profile for the i1 Display and re-ran the calibration. Got almost the exact same result when comparing the profiled colorimeter with direct Spectro readings. I know the i1 PRO REV D. cannot be trusted below 30% stimulus, but there should not be that much of a difference between the profile and the direct spectro readings afterwards. What am I doing wrong? Has Calman fixed the meter profiling issues that have been widely discussed on this forum?
Hi, when you create a 4-color meter correction table, it's recommended to always check if the created correction table is accurate and then start to use that correction table for all your other measurements.

A lot of users very familiar with the meter profiling procedure are surprised when they perform this test for their first time and found that their created meter correction table is not so accurate...but they haven't realized that can be possible because they were always following the correct procedure but they were missing to check the accuracy of the created meter profile.

Sometimes you will need to re-perform your meter profiling a second time to get a better verification results, with tighter tolerances.

NIST's accepted tolerances are below xy +-0.001 and +-1.5% Luminance.

Since you are using CalMAN you can design a workflow layout page like the picture below, of use the Meter Profiling Check Layout Page can be found inside the CalMAN Workflows I send to my calibration disk users.....and it's very useful for users to check if their meter profiling correction table is accurate.

There a lot of time users are skipping that step and loose a lot of hours later until to realize that the their final result is not so good and they have to re-calibrated from the start because the meter profiling was not good.

But about the i1PRO issue with mismatch you are talking, I have seen that before a lot of years happening to my setup. The profile was accurate and verified but when I was checking again with i1PRO the readings were so off. But when I closed and re-started the CalMAN the reading were matching, without creating a new meter correction. I have seen this to early CalMAN 5 version I was using some years before when I had i1PRO1/2, from 2013 I haven't used meter profiling from inside CalMAN because I save the corrections to my K-10A memory slots directly using Klein ChromaSurf which perform the verification also before saving.
BertL likes this.

post #3946 of 6789 Old 08-30-2017, 04:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 181 Post(s)
Quoted: 4281 Post(s)
Liked: 5234
Quote:
Hi, when you create a 4-color meter correction table, it's recommended to always check if the created correction table is accurate and then start to use that correction table for all your other measurements.

A lot of users very familiar with the meter profiling procedure are surprised when they perform this test for their first time and found that their created meter correction table is not so accurate...but they haven't realized that can be possible because they were always following the correct procedure but they were missing to check the accuracy of the created meter profile.

Sometimes you will need to re-perform your meter profiling a second time to get a better verification results, with tighter tolerances.

NIST's accepted tolerances are below xy +-0.001 and +-1.5% Luminance.

Since you are using CalMAN you can design a workflow layout page like the picture below, of use the Meter Profiling Check Layout Page can be found inside the CalMAN Workflows I send to my calibration disk users.....and it's very useful for users to check if their meter profiling correction table is accurate.

There a lot of time users are skipping that step and loose a lot of hours later until to realize that the their final result is not so good and they have to re-calibrated from the start because the meter profiling was not good.

But about the i1PRO issue with mismatch you are talking, I have seen that before a lot of years happening to my setup. The profile was accurate and verified but when I was checking again with i1PRO the readings were so off. But when I closed and re-started the CalMAN the reading were matching, without creating a new meter correction. I have seen this to early CalMAN 5 version I was using some years before when I had i1PRO1/2, from 2013 I haven't used meter profiling from inside CalMAN because I save the corrections to my K-10A memory slots directly using Klein ChromaSurf which perform the verification also before saving.
^^^
I've seen the same thing in Calman so I profile, check with Tedd's verification workflow and calibrate from there. There may be a bug in Calman where the new profile doesn't over right and existing one once you are out of the profiler and until you re-start calman but I haven't had the time to prove this.
ConnecTEDDD likes this.

John
Sony 55A1E, A9F / LG 55OLEDC8
Marantz 7012, Ohm Walsh Speakers
Klein K10-A, Jeti 1501, Murideo Six-G Gen2
Calman Ultimate, ISF Level III Certified
post #3947 of 6789 Old 08-30-2017, 01:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Hi Ted.

Yes you you have to love Klein's ChromaSurf and the K-10A memory slots.
And of course your disc, if you want to be exact.

ss
ConnecTEDDD likes this.

"Don't worry be happy"
post #3948 of 6789 Old 08-31-2017, 02:42 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHorse88 View Post

This could be explained as the real life of making real world measurements.
Firstly, the math may be solid, but it still contains error.
The meters, all have their own +/- error character, this exists at any level of measurement.
Error is accumulative, therefore with two devices you add their error if pairing them.

An error that is never considered in consumer grade equipment is dark floor lift. The high grade spectros have cooling or take dark readings to read adjust this base noise movement...do you take fresh dark readings every fifteen minutes with your I1pro...a forgotten task. (actually does software even allow for it anymore, haven't used my I1pro for a long time) If you do you will see substantial drift.
Color meters, this noise floor error still exists and drifts with exposure.

Typically I profile at the start of a calibration, then redo it on final tweaks. Of course this works on manual calibrations.
Autocals and 3Dluts....yeah can of worms.
One can only reprofile after the autocal or 3Dlut to verify the results as best as one can.

Just keep in mind at some level you only dance with noise and error.

Masterpiece Calibration Ltd
Lincolnvilleshire
New Zealand

Last edited by <^..^>Smokey Joe; 08-31-2017 at 02:46 AM.
post #3949 of 6789 Old 08-31-2017, 09:32 PM

i1Display Pro 2014 versus i1Display Pro 2017

Did 3 profiles: i1Pro 2 to the i1Display Pro - each time the new 2017 i1Display Pro ended with an elevated Red.
So, lets profile the older 2014 i1Display Pro.
3 times, came out almost dead on.
So where's the improvement?

Oh yes, new Meter is faster in the lower IREs and Zero.

Addendum:

Decided to re-run my profile from last week, and new ones tonight..

Neither the profile from last week, nor the 3 I ran tonight, showed any Red elevation ?

Got me. Gremlins! So, no issues with the 2017 i1Display Pro. Fine tuned tonight - PQ - Great!

UN65KS9800 - Mine
UN65HU9000 + SEK-3500U / UN75JU7100 / UN55HU7250 with SEK-3500U in UJS9000 Mod Mode / UN40J5200AF / HiSense 40H5507 - Wife's

Last edited by p5browne; 09-05-2017 at 09:00 PM.
post #3950 of 6789 Old 09-01-2017, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by p5browne View Post
Did 3 profiles: i1Pro 2 to the i1Display Pro - each time the new 2017 i1Display Pro ended with an elevated Red.

Faster, yet less accurate????

Were you on an OLED?
post #3951 of 6789 Old 09-01-2017, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Faster, yet less accurate????

Were you on an OLED?
Samsung HU9000 + SEK-3500U + JS Mod + Lumagen XS-3D outputting 1080P 60Hz YCbCr 444

UN65KS9800 - Mine

Last edited by p5browne; 09-06-2017 at 07:25 AM.
post #3952 of 6789 Old 09-10-2017, 11:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by p5browne View Post

Addendum:

Decided to re-run my profile from last week, and new ones tonight..

Neither the profile from last week, nor the 3 I ran tonight, showed any Red elevation ?

Got me. Gremlins! So, no issues with the 2017 i1Display Pro. Fine tuned tonight - PQ - Great!
Hi, it's better idea; which will save you time later; to verify any meter correction table you create, to be sure that is accurate and valid.

post #3953 of 6789 Old 09-11-2017, 10:26 AM

I am looking at pickinp up Calman Home Enthusiast to start tinkering on my own again, had two questions:
  • On the 2017 Sony 940E, does it map the SDR white balance to HDR, so use the exact same results/settings for both modes?
  • Is the fire stick a good home user signal generator? I also have the Masciola HDR patterns on usb stick

XBR65A9G / XBR65A8F
post #3954 of 6789 Old 09-11-2017, 03:15 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 209 Post(s)
Quoted: 1368 Post(s)
Liked: 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgtfreek View Post
I am looking at pickinp up Calman Home Enthusiast to start tinkering on my own again, had two questions:
  • On the 2017 Sony 940E, does it map the SDR white balance to HDR, so use the exact same results/settings for both modes?
  • Is the fire stick a good home user signal generator? I also have the Masciola HDR patterns on usb stick
Yes, it should behave just like the Z9D and A1E.

You can also side load the MobileForge app onto the TV itself. Let me know if you want me to post the like to the .apk file.

Tyler Pruitt - Technical Evangelist - for CalMAN

10 Bit Gradient Test Patterns (HEVC) - Free Download
post #3955 of 6789 Old 09-11-2017, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Yes, it should behave just like the Z9D and A1E.

You can also side load the MobileForge app onto the TV itself. Let me know if you want me to post the like to the .apk file.
Well thats pretty cool. I ordered a C6 HDR2000 and Calman earlier today, would love to try out the app on the Sony.

XBR65A9G / XBR65A8F
post #3956 of 6789 Old 09-11-2017, 04:25 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 209 Post(s)
Quoted: 1368 Post(s)
Liked: 2022
Quote:
Well thats pretty cool. I ordered a C6 HDR2000 and Calman earlier today, would love to try out the app on the Sony.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7zea8cx9to....1.25.apk?dl=0
chunon, gadgtfreek, eganz1 and 1 others like this.

Tyler Pruitt - Technical Evangelist - for CalMAN

10 Bit Gradient Test Patterns (HEVC) - Free Download
post #3957 of 6789 Old 09-11-2017, 05:49 PM

Quote:
OK, so I setup the ES file explorer, installed the MF file, and then installed the sideload launcher. It loads right up and I see this screen, can't wait to try it out later this week.

chunon, eganz1 and jrref like this.

XBR65A9G / XBR65A8F
post #3958 of 6789 Old 09-12-2017, 05:45 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 109
Quote:
Tyler,

Thanks, this is an appealing solution.

Now with Android 7 we should be able to have a 2160 HDR version of the pattern generator .
That would be great.

Eric

Theater: Sony A1E OLED 4K Ultra HD, Oppo-205, Anthem AVM60, 7.1.4 B & W CM 7 LR,CDM-cse, CM 1, CM 1 S2, Silverline minuet , SVS SB13 Ultra, Rotel RMB 1555, Parasound A23, Naim NAP 100, EEcolor lut box. Calman, MobileForge, I1D3 & I1pro 2.
Stereo: Aurender N100H, Auralic Vega DAC, Focal Chorus 836 W, BAT VK-3ix, Pass XA 30.5, PPP.
post #3959 of 6789 Old 09-12-2017, 05:48 AM

So is the simple man explanation for this as, the app on the Sony talks via network to Calman when it is up and running, and displays the proper test pattern from the Calman SW on your laptop, on screen?

XBR65A9G / XBR65A8F
post #3960 of 6789 Old 09-12-2017, 05:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 850 Post(s)
Liked: 724
Quote:
So is the simple man explanation for this as, the app on the Sony talks via network to Calman when it is up and running, and displays the proper test pattern from the Calman SW on your laptop, on screen?
Patterns are in the app, so CalMAN connects with the app and tells the app which which pattern to display.

UN48JS8500 UN55HU6950 w/SEK-3500U UN40HU6950 w/SEK-3500U UBD-K8500 UN37C5000
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Display Calibration

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page