LightSpace 3D LUT Home Cinema Calibration Software - Page 78 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1071Likes

post #2311 of 2331 Old 07-29-2019, 05:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 188 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3002 Post(s)
Liked: 3701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolls-Royce View Post
Are there any differences between this and the 10.0.0.2969 beta I installed yesterday? In other words, do I need to install this one?
No need to install the public version since its exact the same as the beta you had.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS / CalMAN ColorChecker / HCFR
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, ControlCAL
V/P: eeColor 3D LUT Box - P/G: DVDO AVLab TPG
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2312 of 2331 Old 07-29-2019, 05:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1103 Post(s)
Liked: 1210
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnecTEDDD View Post
No need to install the public version since its exact the same as the beta you had.
Excellent, Ted. Thank you.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
Bela Lugosi, DRACULA, 1931
post #2313 of 2331 Old 07-29-2019, 05:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 185 Post(s)
Quoted: 4381 Post(s)
Liked: 5373
Quote:

John is talking for LG 2018 results he has seen using CalMAN and 3D LUT, the problem of Yellow (it has the same brown problem like BlackJoker's) as I have explained to him there: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/139-d...l#post56558088

More info about these calibrations are available there: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/139-d...l#post56575484

I don't think BlackJoker's cLUT cube shape has so many issues like John's results. If BlackJoker will post a cube viewer picture of LightSpace we can confirm that is 'clean'.

About the Sony, John has to let us know more details.

All Sony OLED's are problematic to many areas, especially to lower end, since they don't map correctly the REC.709 color transformation from native panel gamut, so lower end will be over-saturated to all colors, so any measurement at these areas of luminance will return higher dE errors.

That problem affects all Sony OLED's, from A1 until AF9, but I haven't measured 2019 models.

For more details about Sony problem:

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/139-d...0#post57100374

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/139-d...U#post57103058

...and its voted as best TV the Sony AF9 lol.
Ted, thanks for the summary. Just to clarify, i did see the elevated brown and orange/yellow with Calman on the 2018 LG OLEDs and still see it with Calman on both the 2019 Sony's and LG OLEDs. I know the Calman 3D LUT could be causing the problem but even just using the user controls to eliminate the LUT process, also you only have user controls on the Sony, i still see these errors which may be a display problem as Steve says. As you know i see a lot of the same sets vs most calibrators so i was just trying to share given all of the advancements in LS.

John
Sony 55A1E, A9F / LG 55OLEDC8
Marantz 7012, Ohm Walsh Speakers
Klein K10-A, Jeti 1501, Murideo Six-G Gen2
Calman Ultimate, ISF Level III Certified
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2314 of 2331 Old 07-29-2019, 06:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anger.miki View Post
Yes Master, but if you read more accurately my post, I suggested to leave a unity LUT as 1DLUT.
Performing 1D LUT first, and then 3D LUT, it can provide better image at the end, since the adjustments from 3D LUT will be less, so the video signal will less be manipulated.

But there specific panels (or specific installed firmware versions) where you have to ignore the 1D LUT and perform only 3D LUT, panels with problem as described below:

Near Black Issues from poor factory Quality Control of LG 2018 OLED's

Some LG OLED's have passed the factory QC (Quality Control) with near black clipping issues and shipped to stores, for these panels it will be required to adjust the Brightness to 55-56 or up to 60-61 (in worst case scenario) from the default 50 value for the near black clipping issue to be resolved.

Also it will not work any service menu sub-adjustment related to Brightness when you will use internal 1D LUT capability.

By adjusting the sub-brightness in the service menu it will cause the 1D LUT points to be misaligned at near black, set Sub-brightness to default 128 value.

When you have such issues with near black clipping and you see that 1D LUT profiling can't resolve completely the problem (with Brightness @ 50 setting as required for internal 1D LUT to work) then you can skip using the internal 1D LUT completely and resolve the problem by adjusting Brightness control to whatever values you see that is not providing any clipping (while it will not raise your native panel black level) and then start the 3D LUT profiling measurements.

If you will skip performing 1D LUT profiling, select Warm 2 color temperature, Gamma 2.2 preset, Wide Color Space and the adjust Brightness/Contrast to the value you see that is correct for your TV. Perform also only 100% White (or 109% White) pre-calibration using RGB-High Controls only (keep one color channel at zero and reduce values from other 2 channels) while adjusting OLED Light you will control the luminance output (nits). Don't use RGB balance controls to adjust the Luminance output levels. After these pre-calibration adjustments you can proceed to 3D LUT profiling.

For expert users, its recommended instead of adjusting normal TV menu White Balance settings, to adjust only the White Balance values of color temperature from inside the TV's Service Menu only. The reason for that is because the normal menu White Balance settings combined with White Balance of Service Menu settings to work as offset from the native panel, and when you have active two controls which are performing the same job, this can make the internal processing algorithm more complex, so its better idea one White Balance menu to be used only to adjust from native panel response and not from both menus (normal TV + service) the same time.

White Balance settings of 'Warm' in Service Menu will adjust the 'Warm 2' preset of Normal TV Menu.

White Balance settings of 'Medium' in Service Menu will adjust the 'Warm 1' preset of Normal TV Menu.

White Balance settings of 'Cool' in Service Menu will adjust the 'Cool' preset of Normal TV Menu.

LG's factory pre-calibrate these service menu White Balance color temperature modes using a 80% Gray pattern with 6500K for 'Warm', 9300K for 'Medium' and 11000K for 'Cool'.

Use the EZ-ADJ button of Service Remote to access the LG OLED TV Service Menu, it will ask for a password, type '0413', navigate to '12. White Balance', and select the color temperature you want to adjust.

If you want to adjust for example the 'Medium' of Service Menu, start by setting the default 192 value to R-Gain, G-Gain and B-Gain and 64 value to R-Cut, G-Cut and B-Cut controls.

When R/G/B gain in the OSD is at 192 value, it means that the panel works at its Full Dynamic Range. In order to prevent saturation of Full Dynamic range and data, one of R/G/B channels need to be fixed at 192 value, for pre-calibrating the White Balance, lower only the other two channels.

Be careful with IN-STOP button, don't press it, because it will perform a complete factory reset, it will reset the TV's UTT (number of panel usage hours) counter which will affect the compensation cycle operation.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS / CalMAN ColorChecker / HCFR
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, ControlCAL
post #2315 of 2331 Old 07-29-2019, 06:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJoker View Post
LG released the final firmware 5.10.03 for the 2018 models so I decided to give the hybrid mode a chance and I can say that im pretty amazed. Here is the setup I used:

LG 65 C8 with 5.10.03 FW
Klein K10-A
DVDO TPG @ 4:2:2 12bit
LightSpace 10.0.0.2969 BETA
21^3 Cube with Finseq Patchset
1080p24 YCbCr 4:2:2 12 bit as BlackJoker used for patch generation is the best patch generation setting for these TV's.

When RGB-Video patch generation will be used (16-235) or RGB-Video Extended (16-255) then there no difference if the bit-depth output of the patch generator will be 8 or 10 or 12-bits.

But when YCbCr 4:2:2 or 4:4:4 patch generation will be used, its recommended to set the bit-depth output of the patch generator to 10 or 12-bit (not 8-bit).

Calibration software will send request of 8-bit RGB triplet values with colorspace output flag also to the generator processor and from there the RGB triplet values will be converted to YCbCr colorspace, the 3x3 colorspace conversion matrix (RGB-Video -> YCbCr) calculation will introduce some rounding errors when the output will be 8-bit, so having pre-configured the output as 10 or 12-bit, this will compensate for rounding errors.

There no 1:1 mapping between RGB and YCbCr colorspaces. There YCbCr values with no corresponding RGB values and RBG values with no corresponding YCbCr values.

Only about 60% of all RGB values can be represented in YCbCr space when you will use the same amount of bits for both triplets.

This means the most damage happens in RGB -> YCbCr when you take a 3 * 8-bit RGB triplet, convert and round it back to 3* 8-bits of precision.

For that reason is recommended to set YCbCr colorspace bit-depth output of the pattern generator to 10 or 12-bit.

post #2316 of 2331 Old 07-29-2019, 06:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJoker View Post

LG 65 C8 with 5.10.03 FW
Klein K10-A
DVDO TPG @ 4:2:2 12bit
LightSpace 10.0.0.2969 BETA

21^3 Cube with Finseq Patchset

...here is the result of the new hybrid mode nearly perfect 6500k and the almost perfect RGB balance the colorcheker performance improves also. This is a huge step for more accurate grayscale performance well done!
and here is BlackJoker's 3D LUT generated file as it looks at evaluation using the 3D Cube Viewer of LightSpace:

chunon likes this.

post #2317 of 2331 Old 08-02-2019, 03:07 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Hi fellas,

After weeks of testing here are my findings:

LG OLED65C8PLA (5.10.03 FW)
i1D3 profiled against an i1PRO 2
madTPG @ 16-235 8bit
LightSpace 10.0.0.2969
17^3 Cube with Finseq Patchset

The 1st normal approach:
1D-LUT (GS only Large) with augemented data followed by 3D-LUT made using Hybrid mode.

The 2nd approach:
- 2P high @100% or 109%
- Gamma 2.2 (Bypass setting)
- Reset 3D-LUT with DCC
- Peak Chroma colorspace conversion (You might try hybrid mode with this approach but for me peak chroma give better results)
- Apply videoscale
- Upload the 3D-LUT to the TV
- Make another Gray large QP for augemented data and add it the the first 3D-LUT
- Peak Chroma colorspace conversion (Or use hybrid if it works good for you)
- Apply videoscale
- Upload the new file

According to those charts, the 1st method look better, but visually when i skip the 1dlut i get smoother gradiation and much much more clean near black details.
I have no explanation for that but i think it's something to do with LG's internal processing.

looking forward to see more testing from members here.

cheers
ConnecTEDDD and BlackJoker like this.

LG OLED65C8 / Denon AVR-X3200W / KEF E305+ONKYO SKH-410 / Synology DS2415+ / Logitech Harmony 950
ZOTAC MAGNUS EN1060K: Win 10 x64 + Kodi DSPlayer x64
post #2318 of 2331 Old 08-05-2019, 09:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

LightSpace CMS 10.0.0.2970 (01 August 2019) has been released.

Release Notes

Corrected BT.1886 LUT Generation with Hybrid mode.

Download Link: https://www.lightillusion.com/downloads.html
Manni01 and omarank like this.

post #2319 of 2331 Old 08-05-2019, 10:17 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 371 Post(s)
Liked: 394
Quote:
Originally Posted by sat4all View Post
Hi fellas,

After weeks of testing here are my findings:

LG OLED65C8PLA (5.10.03 FW)
i1D3 profiled against an i1PRO 2
madTPG @ 16-235 8bit
LightSpace 10.0.0.2969
17^3 Cube with Finseq Patchset

The 1st normal approach:
1D-LUT (GS only Large) with augemented data followed by 3D-LUT made using Hybrid mode.

The 2nd approach:
- 2P high @100% or 109%
- Gamma 2.2 (Bypass setting)
- Reset 3D-LUT with DCC
- Peak Chroma colorspace conversion (You might try hybrid mode with this approach but for me peak chroma give better results)
- Apply videoscale
- Upload the 3D-LUT to the TV
- Make another Gray large QP for augemented data and add it the the first 3D-LUT
- Peak Chroma colorspace conversion (Or use hybrid if it works good for you)
- Apply videoscale
- Upload the new file

According to those charts, the 1st method look better, but visually when i skip the 1dlut i get smoother gradiation and much much more clean near black details.
I have no explanation for that but i think it's something to do with LG's internal processing.

looking forward to see more testing from members here.

cheers
Probably because 3DLUT is before 1DLUT in the internal video pipeline.
sat4all likes this.

TVs: Pioneer PDP-LX5090H, LG OLED55C8PLA | SintoAmp: Pioneer VSX-921 | BD Player: Panasonic DMP-BDT260EG | External LUT box: Entertainment Experience eeColor | Softwares: Light Illusion Lightspace HTP, Portrait Displays CalMAN Home Enthusiast 2018 R3, HCFR, DisplayCAL | Probes: x-rite i1 Pro 2 - i1 Display Pro OEM B-02, basICColor DISCUS | Test Pattern Generator: DVDO AVLab TPG
post #2320 of 2331 Old 08-06-2019, 12:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

LightSpace CMS 10.0.0.2972 (06 August 2019) has been released.

Release Notes

Corrected application of Drift with Hybrid mode.

Changed default HGL Surround Luminance to 5 nits.

Corrected profile data shown on Grey Only profiles with invalid black level readings.

Manni01, sat4all and omarank like this.

post #2321 of 2331 Old 08-06-2019, 01:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Thank you for the update, Ted. I would like to ask one thing that others might be interested as well. How hard is it to make the executable to update the existing installation? Right now one has to uninstall the existing version, install new and in the case of those who own X-Rite Retail meters, reinstall the drivers. I was wondering if it isn't a better way to have the installer do the upgrade. Is there a reason why it is done the current way?
post #2322 of 2331 Old 08-06-2019, 01:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 756 Post(s)
Liked: 1099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishwa Somayaji View Post
Thank you for the update, Ted. I would like to ask one thing that others might be interested as well. How hard is it to make the executable to update the existing installation? Right now one has to uninstall the existing version, install new and in the case of those who own X-Rite Retail meters, reinstall the drivers. I was wondering if it isn't a better way to have the installer do the upgrade. Is there a reason why it is done the current way?
Unfortunately, it is a limitation of the code base LightSpace is built on.
With ColourSpace it should not be such as issue - we hope.

Steve

Steve Shaw
LIGHT ILLUSION

post #2323 of 2331 Old 08-06-2019, 01:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Thanks for the update, Steve. At least now I know it can't be done.
post #2324 of 2331 Old 08-11-2019, 04:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

For LightSpace users who want to use the PGenerator, its been tested using Raspberry: Pi 2 Model B / Pi 3 Model B / Pi 3 Model B+ hardware. We recommend these hardware options.

Currently Pi 4 Model B is not supported, but it will be added support (if the testing goes fine) next month probably.

That info added today to the PGenerator webpage also: https://www.lightillusion.com/pgenerator.html
Rolls-Royce and chunon like this.

post #2325 of 2331 Old 08-14-2019, 07:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

ASUS ProArt PA32UC-K 4K HDR Professional Monitor is including as bundle an Asus version of i1Display PRO, that specific version of the meter can work with LightSpace (unofficially) only by using an alternative connection method.

For users with that specific ASUS ProArt i1Display PRO colorimeter, they can contact me directly to provide them the required instructions.

Last edited by ConnecTEDDD; 08-14-2019 at 07:17 AM.
post #2326 of 2331 Old 08-14-2019, 07:26 AM
aka jfinnie

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Quoted: 2451 Post(s)
Liked: 1577
Quote:

ASUS ProArt PA32UC-K 4K HDR Professional Monitor is including as bundle an Asus version of i1Display PRO, that specific version of the meter can work with LightSpace (unofficially) only by using an alternative connection method.

For users with that specific ASUS ProArt i1Display PRO colorimeter, they can contact me directly to provide them the required instructions.
Looks like an interesting display with FALD backlight and good coverage.
They mention 14bit LUT but not specific about 3DLUT or 1DLUT - any ideas?
post #2327 of 2331 Old 08-14-2019, 09:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobof View Post
Looks like an interesting display with FALD backlight and good coverage.
They mention 14bit LUT but not specific about 3DLUT or 1DLUT - any ideas?
Hi, ASUS are developing an SDK for LightSpace/ColourSpace integration. We will know more when it will be ready.
bobof and omarank like this.

post #2328 of 2331 Old 08-14-2019, 09:27 AM
aka jfinnie

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Quoted: 2451 Post(s)
Liked: 1577
Quote:
Hi, ASUS are developing an SDK for LightSpace/ColourSpace integration. We will know more when it will be ready.
Awesome. Might make quite a nice TV for those of us who don't like a huge screen on the wall.
Edit: even better, the PA32UCX-K with Dolby Vision...
https://www.asus.com/uk/Monitors/ProArt-PA32UCX-K/

Last edited by bobof; 08-14-2019 at 09:32 AM.
post #2329 of 2331 Old Yesterday, 03:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

LightSpace CMS 10.0.0.2977 (23 August 2019) has been released.

Release Notes

Updated Murideo SIX-G integration.

Updated madVR integration to add HDR features.

Updated madVR dll with improved LUT interpolation.

Corrected application of Drift with Hybrid mode.

Changed default HGL Surround Luminance to 5 nits.

Corrected profile data shown on Grey Only profiles with invalid black level readings.

Rolls-Royce, Manni01 and omarank like this.

post #2330 of 2331 Old Yesterday, 07:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 1103 Post(s)
Liked: 1210
@ConnecTEDDD looks like .2972 was inadvertently included in the package. The download is 2X the size of a normal LightSpace installation package.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
Bela Lugosi, DRACULA, 1931
post #2331 of 2331 Old Yesterday, 07:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 756 Post(s)
Liked: 1099
Oops
Fixed!

Steve