Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk - Page 25 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 326Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #721 of 1006 Old 10-14-2017, 09:12 AM
Senior Member
 
Surfdrifter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 248
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Yup. I have latest firmware 51-0922 and boots just fine
Surfdrifter is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #722 of 1006 Old 10-22-2017, 10:21 AM
Advanced Member
 
-Hitman-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 869
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by oguignant View Post
Hi!

I'm having trouble creating a meter profile with Calman 5 last version and i1pro2 & i1d3. When I checked the profile with the Ted's Verify Calibration Tools workflow, the red luminance is more than 1.5% (Always more that 3% aprox).

Thanks to Ted's workflow I was able to detect what the problem was, because I could not correctly calibrate my TV b7p with any profile. We made a lot of attempts (Ted always gave me email support all the time) but I could not find a solution. Ted told me it's not the only case, apparently it's a meter combination problem with specific tv... So, if anyone had a similar problem, please share it with me.

PD To discard a hardware problem, I create other profiles with another TV Oled ef9500 and laptop 4k monitor and the check gave perfect on the first attempt, so I discard it is a problem with the spectro & colorimeter


Same issue here also with profiling i1pro2 and D3, verified with Calman 2017 and HCFR, any fix found??? Calman results attached....


My display is an LG OLED 65C7 using an Accupel TPG with Calman (also used HCFR with MadVr TPG through PC HDMI to TV), tested 5sec and 1sec TPG integration times, 1 second I-T gave worse results.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Profiled red issue.PNG
Views:	59
Size:	188.4 KB
ID:	2302938  
oguignant likes this.

Last edited by -Hitman-; 10-22-2017 at 10:30 AM.
-Hitman- is offline  
post #723 of 1006 Old 10-22-2017, 10:55 AM
Member
 
oguignant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Hitman- View Post
Same issue here also with profiling i1pro2 and D3, verified with Calman 2017 and HCFR, any fix found??? Calman results attached....


My display is an LG OLED 65C7 using an Accupel TPG with Calman (also used HCFR with MadVr TPG through PC HDMI to TV), tested 5sec and 1sec TPG integration times, 1 second I-T gave worse results.
Hi! I sent an email to Calman Technical Support and they said this to me:

-------
OCT 04, 2017 | 01:21PM PDT
Tyler Pruitt replied:
Oscar,

I have been able to reproduce the error you are reporting. I get the same Red luminance error even when using a CRI Cr-250 5nm spectro. I am working with our color lab director to try and see what might be causing the issue.

It might take until early next week before I get back to you.

Tyler


Support
SpectraCal Inc.
Phone: (206) 466-2129
---------

I'm still waiting for a solution... you should send them an email also making the claim [email protected]
-Hitman- likes this.
oguignant is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #724 of 1006 Old 10-22-2017, 11:04 AM
Advanced Member
 
-Hitman-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 869
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by oguignant View Post
Hi! I sent an email to Calman Technical Support and they said this to me:

-------
OCT 04, 2017 | 01:21PM PDT
Tyler Pruitt replied:
Oscar,

I have been able to reproduce the error you are reporting. I get the same Red luminance error even when using a CRI Cr-250 5nm spectro. I am working with our color lab director to try and see what might be causing the issue.

It might take until early next week before I get back to you.

Tyler


Support
SpectraCal Inc.
Phone: (206) 466-2129
---------

I'm still waiting for a solution... you should send them an email also making the claim [email protected]
Thanks @oguignant , I have been in conversation with Tyler over something else, I will bring this to his attention and to chase up.
-Hitman- is offline  
post #725 of 1006 Old 10-22-2017, 11:07 AM
Member
 
oguignant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Hitman- View Post
Thanks @oguignant , I have been in conversation with Tyler over something else, I will bring this to his attention and to chase up.
Okay! tell me if you have any news. The last time he told me that on Monday (for the last Monday) I would have news, but I'm still waiting...
oguignant is offline  
post #726 of 1006 Old 10-22-2017, 11:11 AM
Advanced Member
 
-Hitman-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 869
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by oguignant View Post
Okay! tell me if you have any news. The last time he told me that on Monday (for the last Monday) I would have news, but I'm still waiting...


Soon as I get any info I will post here...
-Hitman- is offline  
post #727 of 1006 Old 10-22-2017, 06:19 PM
Member
 
oguignant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Hi! can anyone explain to me the difference between automatic, wide and extended color range? Which one should I use for HDR?

Another question, what is the new "Technicolor expert" image mode? appeared with the update of the new firmware on my LG C7P.
oguignant is offline  
post #728 of 1006 Old 10-25-2017, 12:44 PM
Advanced Member
 
-Hitman-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 869
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by oguignant View Post
Hi! can anyone explain to me the difference between automatic, wide and extended color range? Which one should I use for HDR?

Another question, what is the new "Technicolor expert" image mode? appeared with the update of the new firmware on my LG C7P.

Auto - the display will pick the right setting based on input signal from source
Wide - widest color points the display can produce
Extended - REC709 Gamut
-Hitman- is offline  
post #729 of 1006 Old 10-25-2017, 12:52 PM
Member
 
oguignant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Hitman- View Post
Auto - the display will pick the right setting based on input signal from source
Wide - widest color points the display can produce
Extended - REC709 Gamut
Are you sure that "extended" is rec709? because when I choose "auto", it is not "extended" or "wide" ... I mean, automatic, extended and wide measurements are different...

Alienware 17R4 & LG OLED 4k Tv
oguignant is offline  
post #730 of 1006 Old 10-25-2017, 01:19 PM
Advanced Member
 
-Hitman-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 869
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by oguignant View Post
Are you sure that "extended" is rec709? because when I choose "auto", it is not "extended" or "wide" ... I mean, automatic, extended and wide measurements are different...
Can you show your data/graph because when sending rec709 - auto and extended measured the same with the same source signal, wide was the furthest color points the display could produce.


There is only use for rec709 HD and wide >UHD, I can't see that a third color gamut option would be useful or used, hence auto would only switch between extended or wide pending source signal.

Last edited by -Hitman-; 10-25-2017 at 01:24 PM.
-Hitman- is offline  
post #731 of 1006 Old 10-25-2017, 01:38 PM
Member
 
oguignant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Hitman- View Post
Can you show your data/graph because when sending rec709 - auto and extended measured the same with the same source signal, wide was the furthest color points the display could produce.


There is only use for rec709 HD and wide >UHD, I can't see that a third color gamut option would be useful or used, hence auto would only switch between extended or wide pending source signal.
look... I am not crazy... I just took these measurements

Auto


Extended


Wide

Alienware 17R4 & LG OLED 4k Tv
oguignant is offline  
post #732 of 1006 Old 10-27-2017, 06:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
sillysally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,141
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1170 Post(s)
Liked: 1050
ConnecTEDDD

Hey Ted, I just ordered your latest calibration disc.
Not because I really need a second calibration disc, the one I already have works as I would expect it to.
But because you are such a wealth of knowledge and always willing to share that knowledge with us.

I ordered this disc/donation because I want to support all your hard work.
Thanks Ted.

ss

"Don't worry be happy"
LG77C8, Klein K10-A, Jeti 1211, CMS Lightspace, Calman home plus licence for K10-A, Murideo 6G.
sillysally is offline  
post #733 of 1006 Old 10-28-2017, 09:38 PM
Member
 
oguignant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Hitman- View Post
Soon as I get any info I will post here...
OCT 27, 2017 | 10:36AM PDT

@-Hitman- look...

Tyler Pruitt replied:

I just returned from SMPTE and had discussion with some display manufacturers, calibrators, and studio engineers that use LG OLED panels in their studio client monitors. The discussion included the opinion that the normal 4 color matrix method for meter profiling may not work properly on LG OLED panels because of the RGBW behavior of the sub-pixes and the non additivity of them. In fact a lot of post production facilities in hollywood have been only using Spectros for the calibration of LG OLED TVs for use as client monitors in color grading suites. More testing and research needs to be done in this area. I know this isn’t the answer you wanted to hear, but I just want to give you the truth with no BS.


Support
SpectraCal Inc.
Phone: (206) 466-2129
www.spectracal.com
facebook.com/SpectraCal
twitter.com/SpectraCal

Alienware 17R4 & LG OLED 4k Tv

Last edited by oguignant; 10-28-2017 at 10:07 PM.
oguignant is offline  
post #734 of 1006 Old 10-29-2017, 09:38 AM
Member
 
oguignant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post
I'm trying to profile my K10A to a CR250 using chromasurf and CRI APP on a 65B6 OLED and keep getting the error messages that I didn't use to get on other displays.

This all started about the time I switched to an OLED display but at about that time, I updated chromasurf and possibly CRI App.

Can't really tell if its the display or one of the two programs that I use.

Has anyone else come across this and knows what's happening.
Hello @JimP , how are you? Ted told me that you have the same problem as me to create the meter profile on my LG OLED C7P, could you find a solution? If you like we can share information ...

I tried to create with the version of Calman 2016 5.7.2.61 and I did not have luminance problems with the color red, but Ted told me that all the versions of 2016 have a bug that generates errors. Did you do this test?

Last edited by oguignant; 10-29-2017 at 12:45 PM.
oguignant is offline  
post #735 of 1006 Old 10-29-2017, 11:43 AM
Advanced Member
 
-Hitman-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 869
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by oguignant View Post
look... I am not crazy... I just took these measurements

Hey there, no one's calling you crazy, it was just an observation I made during a calibration run, I will have another look at this when I get the time.


Ps thanks for the update regarding the RED issue.
oguignant likes this.
-Hitman- is offline  
post #736 of 1006 Old 11-15-2017, 06:14 AM
Advanced Member
 
cadett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Houma, La.
Posts: 979
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 132
For those using Calman/Ted's Workflow with MobileForge & would like to use the "read series" feature, please see below. Thanks again @ConnecTEDDD for pointing this out, you've been much help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnecTEDDD View Post
CalMAN 5 Workflows Setup

Tip For CalMAN 5 Users that will use Ted's CalMAN 5 Workflows with Pattern Generators



For the users that are using the Ted's CalMAN 5 Workflows, as you noticed, there is not available at any layout page the ReadAll button, since all workflow have been configured to work with Singe Read with AutoAdvance.

For the users that can use the CalMAN Workflow Design feature, there is no need to enter to design mode to add manually a ReadAll button, they can use the CalMAN's Keyboard Shortcut for that.

Before that, the users have to enable the Keyboard Shortcuts feature from CalMAN's Application Preferences and after than they can simply press F10 key which is the keyboard shortcut key for ReadAll at any CalMAN layout page.



This is helpful for users that are using Ted's CalMAN Workflows with External Hardware Pattern Generators or with CalMAN's Internal Pattern Generator.

Last edited by cadett; 11-15-2017 at 06:22 AM.
cadett is offline  
post #737 of 1006 Old 12-06-2017, 09:37 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ConnecTEDDD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 7,744
Mentioned: 178 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2910 Post(s)
Liked: 3546
Quote:
Originally Posted by oguignant View Post
Hi! I sent an email to Calman Technical Support and they said this to me:

-------
OCT 04, 2017 | 01:21PM PDT
Tyler Pruitt replied:
Oscar,

I have been able to reproduce the error you are reporting. I get the same Red luminance error even when using a CRI Cr-250 5nm spectro. I am working with our color lab director to try and see what might be causing the issue.

It might take until early next week before I get back to you.

Tyler


Support
SpectraCal Inc.
Phone: (206) 466-2129
---------

I'm still waiting for a solution... you should send them an email also making the claim [email protected]
Quote:
Originally Posted by oguignant View Post
Okay! tell me if you have any news. The last time he told me that on Monday (for the last Monday) I would have news, but I'm still waiting...
Hi, have you received any news?

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS / CalMAN ColorChecker / HCFR
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, ControlCAL
V/P: eeColor 3D LUT Box - P/G: DVDO AVLab TPG
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
ConnecTEDDD is offline  
post #738 of 1006 Old 12-06-2017, 09:42 AM
Member
 
oguignant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnecTEDDD View Post
Hi, have you received any news?
nothing from CM...

Alienware 17R4 & LG OLED 4k Tv
oguignant is offline  
post #739 of 1006 Old 12-06-2017, 02:44 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ConnecTEDDD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 7,744
Mentioned: 178 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2910 Post(s)
Liked: 3546
Quote:
Originally Posted by oguignant View Post
Hi!

I'm having trouble creating a meter profile with Calman 5 last version and i1pro2 & i1d3. When I checked the profile with the Ted's Verify Calibration Tools workflow, the red luminance is more than 1.5% (Always more that 3% aprox).

Thanks to Ted's workflow I was able to detect what the problem was, because I could not correctly calibrate my TV b7p with any profile. We made a lot of attempts (Ted always gave me email support all the time) but I could not find a solution. Ted told me it's not the only case, apparently it's a meter combination problem with specific tv... So, if anyone had a similar problem, please share it with me.

PD To discard a hardware problem, I create other profiles with another TV Oled ef9500 and laptop 4k monitor and the check gave perfect on the first attempt, so I discard it is a problem with the spectro & colorimeter

Hi,

These are 2 meter profile verifications from Panasonic OLED EZ1000 (which has LG 2017 panel inside but with Panasonic driving/processing) using JETI 1211 and Klein K-10A instruments, the verification was OK (xy +-0.001 Y +-2%, I'm attaching 2 picture example and differences per color:



Red

x: 0.0006 y: -0.0005 Y: -0.54%

Green

x: -0.0003 y: 0.0008 Y: 1.91%

Blue

x: 0.0000 y: -0.0002 Y: 0.02%

White

x: 0.0003 y: -0.0007 Y: -0.63%



Red

x: 0.0001 y: -0.0002 Y: -0.68%

Green

x: -0.0003 y: 0.0005 Y: 0.92%

Blue

x: 0.0000 y: -0.0004 Y: -0.48%

White

x: 0.0004 y: -0.001 Y: -1.22%

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS / CalMAN ColorChecker / HCFR
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, ControlCAL
V/P: eeColor 3D LUT Box - P/G: DVDO AVLab TPG
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
ConnecTEDDD is offline  
post #740 of 1006 Old 12-06-2017, 02:56 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ConnecTEDDD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 7,744
Mentioned: 178 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2910 Post(s)
Liked: 3546
These are meter profile verifications (HDR/SDR/3D modes) from LG E6 using JETI 1211 and Klein K-10A:

The xy and Y difference between reference and profiled instrument are very low:

SDR Mode:









3D Mode:



HDR Mode:









@zoyd probably can help by testing out his LG B7 with JETI 1211 and CR-100; and post some verifications, to see if this is specific engineering (or driving software?) problem of LG or meter issue.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS / CalMAN ColorChecker / HCFR
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, ControlCAL
V/P: eeColor 3D LUT Box - P/G: DVDO AVLab TPG
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
ConnecTEDDD is offline  
post #741 of 1006 Old 12-09-2017, 11:02 AM
Senior Member
 
T( )( )L's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sweden
Posts: 370
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 214 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Hitman- View Post
Same issue here also with profiling i1pro2 and D3, verified with Calman 2017 and HCFR, any fix found??? Calman results attached....


My display is an LG OLED 65C7 using an Accupel TPG with Calman (also used HCFR with MadVr TPG through PC HDMI to TV), tested 5sec and 1sec TPG integration times, 1 second I-T gave worse results.



Hi Guys.

I had the same problem on my 2016 LG B6 ,so i tried a non Contact mode with the i1pro2,results was now ok

Ok so i tested several distances for the I1pro2 meter, it didnt change that much doing so inbetween 30-50cm from screen so i settled with the last one 30cm from screen and the K-10a with extension and rubber boot 2cm from screen ,profiling was ok and red was within limits
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Profiling white.PNG
Views:	38
Size:	679.6 KB
ID:	2328142   Click image for larger version

Name:	Profiling red.PNG
Views:	35
Size:	673.0 KB
ID:	2328144   Click image for larger version

Name:	Profiling green.PNG
Views:	32
Size:	676.4 KB
ID:	2328146   Click image for larger version

Name:	Profiling blue.PNG
Views:	31
Size:	675.1 KB
ID:	2328148  
ConnecTEDDD likes this.

Calman Enthusiast,Lightspace HTP,Klein K-10A,I1pro2,Murideo 6G.
T( )( )L is offline  
post #742 of 1006 Old 12-09-2017, 11:58 AM
Advanced Member
 
-Hitman-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 869
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by T( )( )L View Post
Hi Guys.

I had the same problem on my 2016 LG B6 ,so i tried a non Contact mode with the i1pro2,results was now ok

Ok so i tested several distances for the I1pro2 meter, it didnt change that much doing so inbetween 30-50cm from screen so i settled with the last one 30cm from screen and the K-10a with extension and rubber boot 2cm from screen ,profiling was ok and red was within limits
Thanks for the info, unfortunately Gen 6 are reported fine with profiling once setup correctly but Gen7 Lg OLED's aren't regarding the i1pro/2, I already use my sensors setup in non-contact mode and at distances - so they both read the same size area of patch but no dice
-Hitman- is offline  
post #743 of 1006 Old 01-08-2018, 09:05 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Recently bought Ted's calibration disk.
The disk is comprehensive and complete. If that’s not enough, I haven’t seen such customer service in a very long time. Regardless of how many times you write to him, especially if you are a beginner like me! ted is kind enough to get back to you the same day with detailed instructions and advise about the issues Faced while calibrating! Incredible.......
Thanks again Ted
Nabster888 is offline  
post #744 of 1006 Old 01-08-2018, 02:02 PM
Advanced Member
 
cadett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Houma, La.
Posts: 979
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabster888 View Post
Recently bought Ted's calibration disk.
The disk is comprehensive and complete. If that’s not enough, I haven’t seen such customer service in a very long time. Regardless of how many times you write to him, especially if you are a beginner like me! ted is kind enough to get back to you the same day with detailed instructions and advise about the issues Faced while calibrating! Incredible.......
Thanks again Ted
Second that!
cadett is offline  
post #745 of 1006 Old 01-13-2018, 07:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mrtickleuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Birmingham, UK - you know, the original one!
Posts: 6,381
Mentioned: 162 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4349 Post(s)
Liked: 6594
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnecTEDDD View Post
Hi Peter,

This is an issue with that specific player, probably can't play BD-R since AVSHD has the same issues with playback, a workaround is to use the Media Files of my disk.

A lot of users have reported via email or via on-line help the issue to Samsung (which is not a company which is so helpful to users issues, sending the Digital ISO of AVSHD or Ted's Disk), but no luck from Samsung side to provide any fix.

See there: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/149-bl...l#post44319354

It's not your BD-Recorder or Disk Media problem, we have tested a lot of different disk brands BD-R or BD-RE.
OK, I've read the whole thread. I glad I found this. I have been having a total nightmare with my K8500 player. (That was after another nightmare burning the disc with a friend's borrowed Blu-Ray burner!). I am on the very latest firmware from last week (v1014).

I'm using Calman HE. I'm not interested in the LUTs or clever stuff.

The automated process (http://www.displaycalibrations.com/m...solutions.html) with batch files - that's for a long time far in the future, when I can run.
The semi-automated process where it automatically steps from pattern to pattern - again, that's for the future when I can run. Not yet.
At the moment, I can't even walk. All I want to do is manually pull up specific patterns, one at a time when CalMan prompts for them, and manually display them, one at a time, and have them stay on the screen for a long time while I learn all this and find my feet.

The K8500 remote doesn't have numbered buttons; it has a "123" button, but this doesn't work anywhere.
After several hours trying I have learned this. The Calman 11-Point greyscale patterns are all lumped into one piece of video. They are at Title 206. If I play the menu option for the 11-Point greyscale it flies through too quickly for me to get to the pause button (unless I am VERY quick) because the remote is so ****. I know it's not your problem to cater for bad remotes, it is entirely Samsung's fault, but it has made my life miserable
Next, it is running the patterns much to quickly for me. So, I fight with the remote to pull up the "tools" menu. Then "select scene", then "Chapter search" and I am faced with a long list of chapters (in this case 1-16). If I scroll to 1, and select it (because the 10-second delay is the next thing available) then it plays Chapter 1 for a fraction of a second then immediately jumps to Chapter 14, and starts flying through the patterns much too quickly all over again

_______________
Denon AVR-X4200W, Arcam Alpha 8P; 5.1.4 setup: Mission 702e, M7C1i, 77DS, 731. Rel T5 Sub. Monitor Audio CT165 4 Tops | LG OLED55C8PLA TV | Samsung UBD-K8500 UHD Blu-Ray

HDMI 2.0 4K modes | Dolby & DTS core+outer audio tracks on (UHD) Blu-Rays | Hello to Jason Isaacs
mrtickleuk is offline  
post #746 of 1006 Old 01-13-2018, 07:13 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ConnecTEDDD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 7,744
Mentioned: 178 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2910 Post(s)
Liked: 3546
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtickleuk View Post
OK, I've read the whole thread. I glad I found this. I have been having a total nightmare with my K8500 player. (That was after another nightmare burning the disc with a friend's borrowed Blu-Ray burner!). I am on the very latest firmware from last week (v1014).

I'm using Calman HE. I'm not interested in the LUTs or clever stuff.

The automated process (http://www.displaycalibrations.com/m...solutions.html) with batch files - that's for a long time far in the future, when I can run.
The semi-automated process where it automatically steps from pattern to pattern - again, that's for the future when I can run. Not yet.
At the moment, I can't even walk. All I want to do is manually pull up specific patterns, one at a time when CalMan prompts for them, and manually display them, one at a time, and have them stay on the screen for a long time while I learn all this and find my feet.

The K8500 remote doesn't have numbered buttons; it has a "123" button, but this doesn't work anywhere.
After several hours trying I have learned this. The Calman 11-Point greyscale patterns are all lumped into one piece of video. They are at Title 206. If I play the menu option for the 11-Point greyscale it flies through too quickly for me to get to the pause button (unless I am VERY quick) because the remote is so ****. I know it's not your problem to cater for bad remotes, it is entirely Samsung's fault, but it has made my life miserable
Next, it is running the patterns much to quickly for me. So, I fight with the remote to pull up the "tools" menu. Then "select scene", then "Chapter search" and I am faced with a long list of chapters (in this case 1-16). If I scroll to 1, and select it (because the 10-second delay is the next thing available) then it plays Chapter 1 for a fraction of a second then immediately jumps to Chapter 14, and starts flying through the patterns much too quickly all over again
Hi, about the manual pattern generation of any chapter, the patterns are autochange per 10 seconds, it's enough time to take a single measurement or pause to take multiple measurements. (generally I don't recommend to keep any pattern displayed for a long time and have open the OSD of the tv to adjust it real-time, especially with OLED/Plasma, for that reason I have set 10 seconds (or 6 or 2 as options for automated.)

The issue you are having (patterns are changing so fast) is related with a problem the specific player has, it's doing the same with AVSHD disk also.

May users have reported this problem to Samsung via email or by phone, Samsung has ignored to fix that issue.

For the Samsung K8500 player, using Media Files is the best choice.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS / CalMAN ColorChecker / HCFR
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, ControlCAL
V/P: eeColor 3D LUT Box - P/G: DVDO AVLab TPG
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
ConnecTEDDD is offline  
post #747 of 1006 Old 01-13-2018, 08:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mrtickleuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Birmingham, UK - you know, the original one!
Posts: 6,381
Mentioned: 162 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4349 Post(s)
Liked: 6594
Yes. 10 seconds would be ok as a default, if my player was behaving
However, it's not all bad news. I would say that your Calman workflows that came with it - now that I know I can press F10 to "read series" so I can use them with MobileForge - look really nice!

_______________
Denon AVR-X4200W, Arcam Alpha 8P; 5.1.4 setup: Mission 702e, M7C1i, 77DS, 731. Rel T5 Sub. Monitor Audio CT165 4 Tops | LG OLED55C8PLA TV | Samsung UBD-K8500 UHD Blu-Ray

HDMI 2.0 4K modes | Dolby & DTS core+outer audio tracks on (UHD) Blu-Rays | Hello to Jason Isaacs
mrtickleuk is offline  
post #748 of 1006 Old 01-13-2018, 09:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mrtickleuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Birmingham, UK - you know, the original one!
Posts: 6,381
Mentioned: 162 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4349 Post(s)
Liked: 6594
Sorry for the dumb question. I will get there in the end! The email that delivers the Pre-Calibration Tools and Verify Calibration Tools workflows says clearly to Disable 'Saturation targets use constant luminance' in WF advanced options. Thankyou for this. I do need clear instructions!

However, the email that delivers the later 3rd workflow, the Color Comparator Comparisons workflow, doesn't mention what to do with the 'Saturation targets use constant luminance' option. And I can't find anyone asking about it! So just to be clear, should this option be OFF for all 3 of your workflows? Thanks!

ps. in "DIP mode", what does DIP stand for? D=? I=? P=?

_______________
Denon AVR-X4200W, Arcam Alpha 8P; 5.1.4 setup: Mission 702e, M7C1i, 77DS, 731. Rel T5 Sub. Monitor Audio CT165 4 Tops | LG OLED55C8PLA TV | Samsung UBD-K8500 UHD Blu-Ray

HDMI 2.0 4K modes | Dolby & DTS core+outer audio tracks on (UHD) Blu-Rays | Hello to Jason Isaacs
mrtickleuk is offline  
post #749 of 1006 Old 01-14-2018, 12:43 AM
Advanced Member
 
AdamAttewell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 701
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 543 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Can anyone tell me if my meter profile is ok to continue with calibration?

Two different sets one at 75% stimulus & the other at 100%.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Profile 1 Blue.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	765.6 KB
ID:	2345234   Click image for larger version

Name:	Profile 1 Green.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	767.6 KB
ID:	2345236   Click image for larger version

Name:	Profile 1 Red.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	767.0 KB
ID:	2345238   Click image for larger version

Name:	Profile 1 White.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	770.2 KB
ID:	2345240   Click image for larger version

Name:	Profile 1 Green 100%.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	767.7 KB
ID:	2345242  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Profile 1 Blue 100%.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	762.9 KB
ID:	2345244   Click image for larger version

Name:	Profile 1 Red 100%.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	758.7 KB
ID:	2345246   Click image for larger version

Name:	Profile 1 White 100%.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	771.4 KB
ID:	2345248  

Last edited by AdamAttewell; 01-14-2018 at 01:08 AM.
AdamAttewell is offline  
post #750 of 1006 Old 01-14-2018, 02:04 AM
Advanced Member
 
AdamAttewell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 701
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 543 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Had another go this time instead having the meters side by side I used a meter position pattern & placed both as close as I could on it.

I think these are better???
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Profile 1 Blue 100% 2.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	767.8 KB
ID:	2345252   Click image for larger version

Name:	Profile 1 Green 100% 2.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	766.9 KB
ID:	2345254   Click image for larger version

Name:	Profile 1 Red 100% 2.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	768.1 KB
ID:	2345256   Click image for larger version

Name:	Profile 1 White 100% 2 .jpg
Views:	13
Size:	772.3 KB
ID:	2345258  
AdamAttewell is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Display Calibration

Tags
Pioneer Elite Kuro Pro 1150hd 50 Inch Plasma Hdtv

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off