I wanted to create a SDR DCI-P3 3dlut for madvr pixelshader hdr2sdr conversion on B8 TV yesterday, but latest DisplayCal crashed at the end of measurement of default number of patches (~1500):
- on the other display (monitor) DisplayCal reads that "measurement is finished, the meter can be removed from the screen", on the TV the last patch is still visible, but Windows popup is there on the monitor saying: "Close this program, DisplayCal is unresponding"
- when I do the above: the main DisplaCal window is back saying: measurement has not been finished.
- DisplayCal 3.7.2, ArgyllCSM 2.1.0 x64, madvr 78
- 2 displays (1080p monitor via DVI, 4k B8 via HDMI)
- TV setting: PC mode, Wide gamut (results the closest to DCI-P3), 2.2 gammna, 39 oled light (~141 nits; the biggest one without ABL)
- madvr calibration setting:
-- "display is already calibrated" + DCI-P3 + 2.2 power gamma
-- "report bt.2020 to display" is *not* checked (if it is then colors will be oversaturated)
- DisplayCal settings (other settings are untouched):
-- madVR SDR profile (D65, BT.709) selected + LG WRGB spectral correction is selected
-- on 3dlut tab: DCI-P3 D65 + 2.2 gamma + relative + 100% output offset
I didn't have time to run it 1 more time. Can the new ArgyllCMS 2.1.0 x64 be the culprit?