MadVR - ArgyllCMS - Page 171 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 608Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #5101 of 5274 Old 03-27-2019, 03:39 PM
Advanced Member
 
mkohman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 827
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 435 Post(s)
Liked: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by fhoech View Post
If you want to use the pixel shader without 3D LUT, you likely have to set "this display is already calibrated to BT. 2020" in madVR but make sure this matches the setting of your projector (should already match though, because BT.2020 is what the projector should expect as container format for HDR).



Btw, for verification, the tone curve (gamma) needs to match the 3D LUT tone curve (2.2 in your case)
I do want to use the 3d lut however what I was saying is the DCI-P3 setting under calibration tab in madvr has more vibrant colours and the 3D LUT I created for DCI-P3 looks very similar to the madvr BT2020 setting under calibration. Just wondered why the DCI-P3 built into the madvr calibration was more vibrant than the 3D LUT?

When using the 3D LUT I am also using BT2020 under the colour profile in the JVC is this correct?

Also if I change the gamma verification in DisplayCAL I assume it will be 2.2 as well. If I do this and re run the calibration process will this make a difference?

Also just to confirm the madvr test pattern should also be set to DCI-P3? Thanks

Should the verification settings be the same as attached and simulation profile, use simulation profile as display profile checked ? Many thanks

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
mkohman is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #5102 of 5274 Old 03-27-2019, 03:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
fhoech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Stuttgart, Germany
Posts: 1,056
Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 578 Post(s)
Liked: 380
Quote:
Just wondered why the DCI-P3 built into the madvr calibration was more vibrant than the 3D LUT?
Because it's the wrong setting.
mkohman and berstuck like this.

DisplayCAL - Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS
Current stable version 3.8.8 released 2019-11-06 | Changelog
DisplayCAL on Facebook
fhoech is offline  
post #5103 of 5274 Old 03-27-2019, 04:25 PM
Advanced Member
 
mkohman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 827
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 435 Post(s)
Liked: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by fhoech View Post
Because it's the wrong setting.
Thank you. I will re run the test again now with verification set to 2.2 and choose a longer time frame a test pattern with 2 hrs .. See what the result of that will be .. Thank you
mkohman is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #5104 of 5274 Old 03-27-2019, 11:35 PM
Advanced Member
 
mkohman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 827
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 435 Post(s)
Liked: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by fhoech View Post
Because it's the wrong setting.
Hi @fhoech thanks for all your help.. I did the 3d lut calibration again last night with DisplayCAL and I definitely set to DCI-P3 again, however for some reason it saved the file name as Rec709 instead of DCI-P3. Do you know why this may have happened? I know all my settings in displaycal were set for DCI-P3.

I'm guessing it may be because I already had a DCI-P3 file in tye madvr folder (programdata) where it usually saves the 3d lut files. What do you think the reason is it's named the file as REC 709 instead of DCI-P3?

Please find attached pictures of when the calibration finished.. By tye way colours look extremely good and happy with the results.. Only concern is why its showing as rec 709 when I set it up for DCI-P3?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
mkohman is offline  
post #5105 of 5274 Old 03-28-2019, 07:16 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by fhoech View Post
I still don't understand what you are asking. The 3D LUT does calibrate gamma.




If you use a different picture mode, you need to profile that as well.


You can use the Rec. 709 LUT for any input colorspace, but madVR will restrict it to Rec. 709 obviously.

So I tried to profile Rec2020 and whatever settings I tried I only ever got a reading of 80% DCI-P3 so I assume something is wrong. I ensured the pattern generator in MadVR was set to Rec2020 output, I tried both SDR and HDR modes. I made sure the report Rec2020 to the display was checked in the MadVR settings but to no avail.



I'm using a X-Rite i1Display Pro.


Anyone else experience something similar?
Dushyant Patel91 is offline  
post #5106 of 5274 Old 03-28-2019, 07:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mightyhuhn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 2,274
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1257 Post(s)
Liked: 459
AMD card?
and not all screens care about "send bt 2020".
mightyhuhn is online now  
post #5107 of 5274 Old 03-28-2019, 08:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
fhoech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Stuttgart, Germany
Posts: 1,056
Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 578 Post(s)
Liked: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkohman View Post
Hi @fhoech thanks for all your help.. I did the 3d lut calibration again last night with DisplayCAL and I definitely set to DCI-P3 again, however for some reason it saved the file name as Rec709 instead of DCI-P3
The 3D LUT slot is auto-detected from the primaries of the source profile you chose. Make sure you chose DCI-P3 D65.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkohman View Post
Please find attached pictures of when the calibration finished.. By tye way colours look extremely good and happy with the results.. Only concern is why its showing as rec 709 when I set it up for DCI-P3?
That's just the name of the 3D LUT slot in madVR. You can set any input colorspace (BT. 2020, P3, Rec. 709...) in any slot and madVR will still do the correct thing.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dushyant Patel91 View Post
So I tried to profile Rec2020 and whatever settings I tried I only ever got a reading of 80% DCI-P3 so I assume something is wrong.
Nothing's wrong here - if your native projector/TV gamut is 80% DCI-P3, then there is no way changing that. Note that in BT.2020 mode, all that's happening is that the projector/TV can accept a BT.2020 container format (e.g. in HDR mode, where everything is encoded in a BT.2020 container). It doesn't affect the actual gamut.
mkohman likes this.

DisplayCAL - Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS
Current stable version 3.8.8 released 2019-11-06 | Changelog
DisplayCAL on Facebook
fhoech is offline  
post #5108 of 5274 Old 03-28-2019, 08:35 AM
Advanced Member
 
mkohman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 827
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 435 Post(s)
Liked: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by fhoech View Post
The 3D LUT slot is auto-detected from the primaries of the source profile you chose. Make sure you chose DCI-P3 D65.


That's just the name of the 3D LUT slot in madVR. You can set any input colorspace (BT. 2020, P3, Rec. 709...) in any slot and madVR will still do the correct thing.



Nothing's wrong here - if your native projector/TV gamut is 80% DCI-P3, then there is no way changing that. Note that in BT.2020 mode, all that's happening is that the projector/TV can accept a BT.2020 container format (e.g. in HDR mode, where everything is encoded in a BT.2020 container). It doesn't affect the actual gamut.
Thank you for your reply. I did set DCI-P3 in DisplayCAL but what I am saying is the end result was saved as a file name of Rec709.3dlut? What I am wondering is why did it call it and save the 3D LUT file as REC 709 and not DCI-P3? Is it because I already had a DCI-P3 profile which I created in the programdata? Is that the reason it has called it Rec709?

Are you saying that it doesn't matter what the LUT file is called as long as I put it into the correct slot in madVR thats all that matters?

If I put the Rec709 3lut it saved into the DCI-P3 slot under calibration in madVR would that make a difference or do I need to re calibrate now? I am confused because the file is named as Rec709 and I did selecet DCI-P3 under 3DLUT and verification in Display CAL...

Sorry as I am sure you are probably fed up with all my questions but I want to make sure I am doing this correct because the file name was created as Rec709 and not DCI-P3? Thank you.
mkohman is offline  
post #5109 of 5274 Old 03-28-2019, 07:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mightyhuhn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 2,274
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1257 Post(s)
Liked: 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by fhoech View Post
Nothing's wrong here - if your native projector/TV gamut is 80% DCI-P3, then there is no way changing that. Note that in BT.2020 mode, all that's happening is that the projector/TV can accept a BT.2020 container format (e.g. in HDR mode, where everything is encoded in a BT.2020 container). It doesn't affect the actual gamut.
he has an OLED so he should have over 90%.

and the send BT 2020 option is not active on AMD cards there API is broken.
mightyhuhn is online now  
post #5110 of 5274 Old 03-29-2019, 03:36 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 2
I have a C6 OLED. Rtings measured DCI P3 xy: 96.37 %.


I have a GTX 1070.


Has anyone calibrated their OLED's and can confirm that they get >95% gamut? Wondering if it's a GPU bug.



I do have a JVC x9000 I can test against also. Room isn't fully light controlled though due to a refurb and the days are getting longer. So it's hard to get the time for it to work.


Edit: When I open the profile in the profile viewer it shows the colour points as tracking well within DCI-p3. However, when I click the LUT button it seems to expand out those colour points. I'm not sure how to read it. Is it saying that when applying the LUT the colour is being truncated?


I've attached the profile if that helps.
Attached Files
File Type: zip madVR 2019-03-25 09-34 S XYZLUT+MTX - Copy.zip (394.3 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by Dushyant Patel91; 03-29-2019 at 04:07 AM.
Dushyant Patel91 is offline  
post #5111 of 5274 Old 03-29-2019, 04:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mightyhuhn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 2,274
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1257 Post(s)
Liked: 459
the issue should be your setup.

try the send bt 2020 option under calibration in madVR.
when calibrating the OLED you don't need to control your room lighting just use it in contact with the screen.
mightyhuhn is online now  
post #5112 of 5274 Old 03-29-2019, 04:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
fhoech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Stuttgart, Germany
Posts: 1,056
Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 578 Post(s)
Liked: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkohman View Post
I did set DCI-P3 in DisplayCAL but what I am saying is the end result was saved as a file name of Rec709.3dlut? What I am wondering is why did it call it and save the 3D LUT file as REC 709 and not DCI-P3?

Are you saying that it doesn't matter what the LUT file is called as long as I put it into the correct slot in madVR thats all that matters?

If I put the Rec709 3lut it saved into the DCI-P3 slot under calibration in madVR would that make a difference or do I need to re calibrate now?
Quote:
Originally Posted by fhoech View Post
The 3D LUT slot is auto-detected from the primaries of the source profile you chose.

You can set any input colorspace (BT. 2020, P3, Rec. 709...) in any slot and madVR will still do the correct thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dushyant Patel91 View Post
Edit: When I open the profile in the profile viewer it shows the colour points as tracking well within DCI-p3. However, when I click the LUT button it seems to expand out those colour points. I'm not sure how to read it. Is it saying that when applying the LUT the colour is being truncated?
All that's saying is that your TV cannot be accurately characterized by a matrix. This has nothing to do with the 3D LUT.
mkohman likes this.

DisplayCAL - Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS
Current stable version 3.8.8 released 2019-11-06 | Changelog
DisplayCAL on Facebook
fhoech is offline  
post #5113 of 5274 Old 03-29-2019, 04:52 AM
Advanced Member
 
mkohman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 827
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 435 Post(s)
Liked: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by fhoech View Post
All that's saying is that your TV cannot be accurately characterized by a matrix. This has nothing to do with the 3D LUT.
Thank you for your reply. I have created a DCI-P3 3D LUT again yesterday and it has named it correctly. I completely understand what you're saying and thank you. It doesn't matter which slot I put it I madvr will deal with whatever the source is as you say. So for example if I add the rec 709 and the DCI-P3 it will use the DCI-P3 lut file for my 4K HDR movies as I use madvr to do tone mapping and they are originally BT2020 colour space..

The only thing I would say is that I prefer the Rec709 lut file over the DCI-P3. The reason is the Rec709 seems to have better colour and seems more dynamic than the DCI-P3 lut file.

I wonder if anyone else on this thread who is using a projector and is doing tone mapping with madvr, what they use for 4K movies? Rec 709 or the DCI-P3 lut?

Would there be any point for me to create a 3d lut via display cal on the madvr HDR option at all or will this be pointless as I am doing tone mapping with madvr? Thank you..

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
mkohman is offline  
post #5114 of 5274 Old 03-29-2019, 04:57 AM
Advanced Member
 
mkohman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 827
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 435 Post(s)
Liked: 379
Another thing I wanted to confirm is that in displaycal, under the display and instrument tab, it automatically chooses madvr as my display.. Is this how I should be creating the 3d lut or shall I be selecting my JVC projector? Because the projector also shows under display but I have always carried out the measurements with the display showing as madvr as this automatically chooses madvr as my display.. Please advise this is correct or should I be choosing the JVC in the display option in DisplayCAL.. Thank you

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
mkohman is offline  
post #5115 of 5274 Old 04-01-2019, 08:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
fhoech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Stuttgart, Germany
Posts: 1,056
Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 578 Post(s)
Liked: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkohman View Post
The only thing I would say is that I prefer the Rec709 lut file over the DCI-P3. The reason is the Rec709 seems to have better colour and seems more dynamic than the DCI-P3 lut file.
That seems surprising. You are effectively telling madVR to limit your projector gamut to Rec. 709, clipping HDR movies color (which definitely, at least in part, exceed the rec. 709 gamut), even though your projector could show a good percentage of the P3 gamut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkohman View Post
Would there be any point for me to create a 3d lut via display cal on the madvr HDR option at all or will this be pointless as I am doing tone mapping with madvr?
No, because of the latter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkohman View Post
Another thing I wanted to confirm is that in displaycal, under the display and instrument tab, it automatically chooses madvr as my display.. Is this how I should be creating the 3d lut
Yes, that way you get the benefit of madVR's dithering (for example) during the measurements.
mkohman likes this.

DisplayCAL - Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS
Current stable version 3.8.8 released 2019-11-06 | Changelog
DisplayCAL on Facebook
fhoech is offline  
post #5116 of 5274 Old 04-06-2019, 11:13 AM
Newbie
 
jsfotografie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 4
hey all yesterday i calibrated my Hisense UA42EC685 with an i1Display pro i used the "Video 3D LUT for madVR (D65, Rec. 709 / Rec. 1886)" preset and i have some questions:


1. in the calibration tab the whitepoint should i leave it at chromaticity coordinates or set it to 6500k?
my Hisense sadly has not so good adjustment for the whitepoint i tried my best and now it seemse close


2. in the 3d LUT tab i left everything standart was not sure with rendering intent and also tonecurve is rec 1886 gamma 2.4?



3. input encoding i cant change to 0-255 what should i set in madvr?


today i wanted to verify the result and with the same settings the profil it totaly unusble the higher saturated values are totaly clipped
the profile from yesterday is very pleasing i saved it luckly


cheers and thx janosch
jsfotografie is offline  
post #5117 of 5274 Old 04-16-2019, 03:16 AM
Advanced Member
 
chros73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 583
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 360 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Crash at the end of measurement of patches (madvr 3dlut)

I wanted to create a SDR DCI-P3 3dlut for madvr pixelshader hdr2sdr conversion on B8 TV yesterday, but latest DisplayCal crashed at the end of measurement of default number of patches (~1500):
- on the other display (monitor) DisplayCal reads that "measurement is finished, the meter can be removed from the screen", on the TV the last patch is still visible, but Windows popup is there on the monitor saying: "Close this program, DisplayCal is unresponding"
- when I do the above: the main DisplaCal window is back saying: measurement has not been finished.

Setup:
- DisplayCal 3.7.2, ArgyllCSM 2.1.0 x64, madvr 78 test build
- 2 displays (1080p monitor via DVI, 4k B8 via HDMI)
- TV setting: PC mode, Wide gamut (results the closest to DCI-P3), 2.2 gammna, 39 oled light (~141 nits; the biggest one without ABL)
- madvr calibration setting:
-- "display is already calibrated" + DCI-P3 + 2.2 power gamma
-- "report bt.2020 to display" is *not* checked (if it is then colors will be oversaturated)
- DisplayCal settings (other settings are untouched):
-- madVR SDR profile (D65, BT.709) selected + LG WRGB spectral correction is selected
-- on 3dlut tab: DCI-P3 D65 + 2.2 gamma + relative + 100% output offset

I didn't have time to run it 1 more time. Can the new ArgyllCMS 2.1.0 x64 be the culprit?
Thanks

Ryzen 5 2600,Asus Prime b450-Plus,16GB,MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 6GB(v385.28),Win10 LTSB 1607,MPC-BEx64+LAV+MadVR,Yamaha RX-A870,LG OLED65B8(04.10.25+PC4:4:[email protected]/24/25/29/30/50/59/60Hz)

Last edited by chros73; 04-16-2019 at 03:22 AM.
chros73 is offline  
post #5118 of 5274 Old 04-16-2019, 06:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
3ll3d00d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: London, UK
Posts: 4,222
Mentioned: 273 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2539 Post(s)
Liked: 2817
I have had intermittent crashes with recent displaycal and madvr test builds too. Occurred with 32 and 64 bit on Argyll 2.0.1 (iirc).
3ll3d00d is online now  
post #5119 of 5274 Old 04-16-2019, 07:36 AM
Advanced Member
 
chros73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 583
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 360 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ll3d00d View Post
I have had intermittent crashes with recent displaycal and madvr test builds too. Occurred with 32 and 64 bit on Argyll 2.0.1 (iirc).
Thanks, what's your solution? Revert DisplayCal (to previous 3.7.1) or madvr (to stable build)?

Ryzen 5 2600,Asus Prime b450-Plus,16GB,MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 6GB(v385.28),Win10 LTSB 1607,MPC-BEx64+LAV+MadVR,Yamaha RX-A870,LG OLED65B8(04.10.25+PC4:4:[email protected]/24/25/29/30/50/59/60Hz)
chros73 is offline  
post #5120 of 5274 Old 04-16-2019, 09:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
3ll3d00d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: London, UK
Posts: 4,222
Mentioned: 273 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2539 Post(s)
Liked: 2817
So far retrying has been sufficient to get a measurement through.
3ll3d00d is online now  
post #5121 of 5274 Old 04-16-2019, 10:49 AM
Member
 
stama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 75
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsfotografie View Post
hey all yesterday i calibrated my Hisense UA42EC685 with an i1Display pro i used the "Video 3D LUT for madVR (D65, Rec. 709 / Rec. 1886)" preset and i have some questions:


1. in the calibration tab the whitepoint should i leave it at chromaticity coordinates or set it to 6500k?
my Hisense sadly has not so good adjustment for the whitepoint i tried my best and now it seemse close


2. in the 3d LUT tab i left everything standart was not sure with rendering intent and also tonecurve is rec 1886 gamma 2.4?



3. input encoding i cant change to 0-255 what should i set in madvr?


today i wanted to verify the result and with the same settings the profil it totaly unusble the higher saturated values are totaly clipped
the profile from yesterday is very pleasing i saved it luckly


cheers and thx janosch
When you select the "Video 3D LUT for madVR (D65, Rec. 709 / Rec. 1886)" preset, the chromacity coordinates you see there are the correct ones for D65 (which is 6504K in fact); leave it like that to have the 3D LUT correct your whitepoint to D65.

You can leave everything else at default.

If you get clipped values, is likely because of the TV controls adjustments are making the TV reaching the limits of the gamut. Try and see if the TV can be set to a "native gamut" mode (it could be called "Wide"), and chose that before trying a new calibration.

Also, look in the TV settings and see if there are settings for gamma: if the TV has a BT1886 setting, then chose it (it would match the same BT.1886 value configured in the DisplayCal 3D LUT tab). This way you're also improving the chances of running into clipping and posterization. If not, maybe the TV has a Gamma 2.4 or Gamma 2.2 setting - chose it in that case; the 3D LUT will still correct it to a BT1886 tone curve, though the chances to experience banding could be higher.
jsfotografie likes this.
stama is offline  
post #5122 of 5274 Old 04-16-2019, 12:27 PM
Newbie
 
jsfotografie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Thumbs up

thx mate that helps
the hisense is a very cheap tv not much settings but actualy im just training for my new projector the epson tw9400


will report back
cheers janosch
jsfotografie is offline  
post #5123 of 5274 Old 04-16-2019, 02:02 PM
Senior Member
 
Fraza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Pensacola, Fl, USA
Posts: 274
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 20
All,

Can you please help me better understand my options when attempting to implement HDR on an older projector which does not have this feature. I have a JVC DLA-SH4K which has an output rez of 4096 x 2400 which is 10 megapixels, you can see the spec sheet here http://pro.jvc.com/pro/attributes/PR...4K-E060608.pdf.

I'm using a Panasonic DP-UB820 4K Ultra HD connected to a Video Process which outputs four DVI-D channels of 2048 x 1200 to the projector's four DVI-D inputs which allow the projector to produce it's 4096 x 2400 picture.

My question - Can I use a emulator like the Atlona Etude Sync Emulator (https://atlona.com/product/at-etu-sync/) to fake HDR for my projector or is an HTCP with MadVR my only option. I'm trying to avoid the HTPC if possible.

Let me know if you need any other details about my setup.

Thank you

Andre
Fraza is offline  
post #5124 of 5274 Old 04-17-2019, 07:26 AM
Advanced Member
 
chros73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 583
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 360 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ll3d00d View Post
So far retrying has been sufficient to get a measurement through.
The measurement went fine last evening: I only reverted back madvr to the latest stable build (everything else is the same), maybe this solved it or was just luck

Ryzen 5 2600,Asus Prime b450-Plus,16GB,MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 6GB(v385.28),Win10 LTSB 1607,MPC-BEx64+LAV+MadVR,Yamaha RX-A870,LG OLED65B8(04.10.25+PC4:4:[email protected]/24/25/29/30/50/59/60Hz)
chros73 is offline  
post #5125 of 5274 Old 04-17-2019, 07:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mightyhuhn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 2,274
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1257 Post(s)
Liked: 459
maybe you should grab the error message so it can be seen where the issue is and be fixed.
mightyhuhn is online now  
post #5126 of 5274 Old 04-17-2019, 09:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
3ll3d00d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: London, UK
Posts: 4,222
Mentioned: 273 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2539 Post(s)
Liked: 2817
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyhuhn View Post
maybe you should grab the error message so it can be seen where the issue is and be fixed.
I posted that earlier in this post, is just a crash though so not much to go on
chros73 likes this.
3ll3d00d is online now  
post #5127 of 5274 Old 04-18-2019, 03:40 AM
Advanced Member
 
chros73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 583
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 360 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyhuhn View Post
maybe you should grab the error message so it can be seen where the issue is and be fixed.
I just described the issue above.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ll3d00d View Post
I posted that earlier in this post, is just a crash though so not much to go on
Thanks, that's confirming that madvr is the problem. Yesterday evening I created another 3dlut with latest stable (0.9.17) without any issues.

Ryzen 5 2600,Asus Prime b450-Plus,16GB,MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 6GB(v385.28),Win10 LTSB 1607,MPC-BEx64+LAV+MadVR,Yamaha RX-A870,LG OLED65B8(04.10.25+PC4:4:[email protected]/24/25/29/30/50/59/60Hz)
chros73 is offline  
post #5128 of 5274 Old 04-18-2019, 08:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mightyhuhn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 2,274
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1257 Post(s)
Liked: 459
that's not an error or an proper error message and doesn't mean you have the same issue even through it'S likely to be the same. have a look at the event manager.
mightyhuhn is online now  
post #5129 of 5274 Old 04-18-2019, 09:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
3ll3d00d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: London, UK
Posts: 4,222
Mentioned: 273 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2539 Post(s)
Liked: 2817
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyhuhn View Post
that's not an error or an proper error message and doesn't mean you have the same issue even through it'S likely to be the same. have a look at the event manager.
crashes don't tend to leave proper error messages, it is an unexpected crash after all. Regardless that is all that my system logs (inc in the event viewer) when it happens.
3ll3d00d is online now  
post #5130 of 5274 Old 04-26-2019, 05:19 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
When using 3DLUT from the Video rbt709 profile in DisplayCAL,
after calibrating the monitor beforehand to also use sRGB for it's ICC profile,
is it possible to have the ICC profile work while madvr is active and using the 3DLUT?

Cause currently it just disables everything if it's used, which is a bit annoying for me as i often have the MPC HC with madvr on in the background at times:P
zerowalker is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Display Calibration

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off