Originally Posted by Iron Mike
all pretty easy: i1 Display pro === i1D3 === Display Pro
There's a Retail version and an OEM version... both are exactly the same and perform exactly the same.
What you need to watch out for is which meter type your calibration sw supports: for example Lightspace only supports the OEM version, CM does support the Retail version.... not sure what HCFR supports...
Pardon the old thread revival, but in doing some basic forum searching...I feel this is the best place to ask a clarifying question since over a year has passed and things may have changed:
1) CalMan , HFCR and ChromaPure all support both OEM and retail Xrite i1 Display Pro. (AKA Display 3).
2) Lightspace CMS does not support support retail i1 Display Pro.
Also, I am thoroughly confused about ChromaPure's colorimeter variant(s).
ChromaPure apparently has the following:
1) Display 3
2) Display 3 Pro
3) Display 3 Pro II
Can anyone here confirm / shed light on the following points.
1) the ChromaPure Display 3 == OEM version of Xrite EODIS3 i1 Display Pro.
2) Display 3 Pro. Same exact hardware as display 3. However, if you use the Display 3 Pro with ChromaPure CMS software, there are additional "correction modes" available. It is not clear to me if these correction modes are available with all retail / oem versions of the Xrite i1 Display Pro. Or if you must buy the OEM display Pro 3 from ChromaPure to get these options. I assume the ChromaPure Dispay 3 Pro can be used with any other CMS software that supports OEM i1 Disaply pro.
3) Display 3 Pro II: includes new hardware/firmware features that allow for refresh rate detection and synchronization at the time of meter initialization. It is not apparent to me why this is important, or if this makes the Display3 Pro II incompatible with other CMS software. (Or if that software can just use it as a standard oem i1 Display Pro.)
I have to admit....you guys don't make it easy for someone to try and break into CMS as an enthusiast / hobbyist.