Samsung UN50H6400AFXZA Calibration - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By GeorgeAB
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 12-18-2014, 04:45 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
orestesdd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: RALEIGH, NC
Posts: 332
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Samsung UN50H6400AFXZA Calibration

Samsung UN50H6400AFXZA calibration settings:

Does anyone have a some settings that worked for them, or that they borrowed from someone else. By the way, does anyone know if the owner's manual will be enough to calibrate this set? Or do I need a more technical manual? Today I just bought this set at "samsung.com", and I hope to get it before Christmas, and if not, then I will wait until I get it. Thanks.
orestesdd is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 Old 12-18-2014, 05:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
GeorgeAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Denver, CO metro area, www.cinemaquestinc.com
Posts: 3,837
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Liked: 348
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by orestesdd View Post
Samsung UN50H6400AFXZA calibration settings:

Does anyone have a some settings that worked for them, or that they borrowed from someone else. By the way, does anyone know if the owner's manual will be enough to calibrate this set? Or do I need a more technical manual? Today I just bought this set at "samsung.com", and I hope to get it before Christmas, and if not, then I will wait until I get it. Thanks.
From the "stickies."

'Sharing display menu settings?'

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1055906
GeorgeAB is offline  
post #3 of 12 Old 12-18-2014, 06:12 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
orestesdd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: RALEIGH, NC
Posts: 332
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeAB View Post
From the "stickies."

'Sharing display menu settings?'

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1055906
Not a good response since the stickies are tooooo looooooooong posts. A search didn't help either. Thanks anyhow.
orestesdd is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 12 Old 12-18-2014, 06:54 PM
Advanced Member
 
willieconway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 925
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 356 Post(s)
Liked: 349
Yeah man, what's up with all them words?

...

To calibrate your set you need a meter, software, and test patterns. Free software exists, as do free patterns, but here's an example of a complete bundle:

http://calman.spectracal.com/store/p...splay_Pro.html

Oh, and you'll need to spend the necessary time on learning and practicing.

Last edited by willieconway; 12-18-2014 at 07:21 PM.
willieconway is online now  
post #5 of 12 Old 12-18-2014, 08:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
GeorgeAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Denver, CO metro area, www.cinemaquestinc.com
Posts: 3,837
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Liked: 348
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by orestesdd View Post
Not a good response since the stickies are tooooo looooooooong posts. A search didn't help either. Thanks anyhow.
Education is such hard work! Who's got time for correct facts, anyway? Isn't there an easier way that doesn't take any effort? Copying someone else's work is so much simpler, even if the results likely won't work right.
GeorgeAB is offline  
post #6 of 12 Old 12-18-2014, 09:25 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
orestesdd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: RALEIGH, NC
Posts: 332
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeAB View Post
Education is such hard work! Who's got time for correct facts, anyway? Isn't there an easier way that doesn't take any effort? Copying someone else's work is so much simpler, even if the results likely won't work right.
Again, not a good response. What you state makes no sense and it is all Greek!
orestesdd is offline  
post #7 of 12 Old 12-18-2014, 09:26 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
orestesdd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: RALEIGH, NC
Posts: 332
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by willieconway View Post
Yeah man, what's up with all them words?

...

To calibrate your set you need a meter, software, and test patterns. Free software exists, as do free patterns, but here's an example of a complete bundle:

http://calman.spectracal.com/store/p...splay_Pro.html

Oh, and you'll need to spend the necessary time on learning and practicing.
Thanks, this is better...
orestesdd is offline  
post #8 of 12 Old 12-24-2014, 08:27 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
orestesdd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: RALEIGH, NC
Posts: 332
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I found the following calibration for my Samsung 50" H6400 series TV:

Picture:

Picture Mode: Movie

Backlight --------> 17
Contrast ---------> 97
Brightness -------> 49
Sharpness -------> 12
Color -------------> 51
Tint (G/R) -------> G50/R50
Apply Picture Mode: [Current Source]
Picture Size: [Screen Fit]
3D: 3D Mode: [off]
PIP: [off]
Advanced Settings:
..............Dynamic Contrast: [off]
..............Black Tone: [off]
..............Flesh Tone: 0 (zero)
..............RGB Only Mode: [off]
..............Color Space: [Auto]
..............White Balance:
............................2 Point:
........................................Setting... ...Value
........................................R-Offset.....25
........................................G-Offset.....24
........................................B-Offset.....27
........................................R-Gain.......20
........................................G-Gain.......23
........................................B-Gain.......21
............................10 Point:
................................10 Point White Balance.............On
................................Level........Red.. ..Green....Blue
................................10%.........0..... +1...........0
................................20%.......+1...... .0..........-2
................................30%.........0..... ..0.........+2
................................40%.........0..... .-1...........0
................................50%........-1.......0.........+1
................................60%.........0..... .-1...........0
................................70%........-1......-2..........-2
................................80%.........0..... +2...........0
................................90%.......+1...... .0...........0
................................100%.....+2....... 0...........0
..............Gamma: [+1]
..............Motion Lighting: [off]
Picture Options:
..............Color Tone: [Warm2]
..............Digital Clean View: [off]
..............MPEG Noise Filter : [off]
..............HDMI Black Level: [Low]
..............Film Mode (grayed out): [off]
..............Auto Motion Plus: [off]
Picture Off

I hope these setting will help someone. These setting can also be found at: Samsung H6400 Expert Picture Settings Calibrations by Robert Wiley, Editor, Reviewer

Last edited by orestesdd; 12-24-2014 at 08:55 PM.
orestesdd is offline  
post #9 of 12 Old 12-24-2014, 09:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
GeorgeAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Denver, CO metro area, www.cinemaquestinc.com
Posts: 3,837
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Liked: 348
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by orestesdd View Post
I found the following calibration for my Samsung 50" H6400 series TV:
......I hope these setting will help someone. These setting can also be found at: Samsung H6400 Expert Picture Settings Calibrations by Robert Wiley, Editor, Reviewer
Did you post this in the owners' thread in the LCD Flat Panel Displays section of the forum? That's where such information is appropriate, NOT in the Display Calibration section. Copying other settings is not calibration. Such practice is a persistent myth that provides no assurance of an accurate image. Liking the results is not verification of accuracy or fidelity. Copying others' work has been abundantly proven to be unreliable and has even resulted in a less authentic image than preset factory modes in some cases. It's a roll of the dice at best.

Last edited by GeorgeAB; 08-11-2015 at 11:31 AM.
GeorgeAB is offline  
post #10 of 12 Old 12-28-2014, 03:32 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
orestesdd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: RALEIGH, NC
Posts: 332
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeAB View Post
Did you post this in the owners' thread in the LCD Flat Panel Displays section of the forum? That's where such information is appropriate, NOT in the Display Calibration section. Copying other settings is not calibration. Such practice is a persistent myth that provides no assurance of an accurate image. Liking the results is not verification of accuracy or fidelity. Copying others' work has been abundantly proven to be unreliable and has even resulted in a less authentic image than preset factory modes in some cases. It's a role of the dice at best.
I am not of the same opinion as yours. Like it or leave it! That's all!

P.S. I am very satisfied with these settings after reviewing them thru my DVE HD Basics blu-ray, Avia DVD, and Video Essential DVD running them on my PS3.

Last edited by orestesdd; 12-28-2014 at 03:39 PM.
orestesdd is offline  
post #11 of 12 Old 08-10-2015, 12:46 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 43
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Old thread, but was wondering if anyone tried the settings offered by RRtings: http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/by-...h6400/settings

???
sfo1 is offline  
post #12 of 12 Old 08-11-2015, 11:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
GeorgeAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Denver, CO metro area, www.cinemaquestinc.com
Posts: 3,837
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Liked: 348
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfo1 View Post
Old thread, but was wondering if anyone tried the settings offered by RRtings: http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/by-...h6400/settings

???
Trying settings is not calibration. You are in the wrong section of the forum. Please take your question to the display owners section of the forum. That is the arena where "you show me yours and I'll show you mine" suitably and frequently occurs.
W3Rman likes this.
GeorgeAB is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Display Calibration

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off